Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Used your settings on my black VW Bug, and it works an absolute treat, though I kept the gears as my own, nice job :)

Out of interests, what races can it win, besides the Sunday CUp, in WOlfsburg Turbo trim? :P

I actually haven't tried it on that many races. I believe it could offer some close racing in Kei cup and under 4m lclass, assuming that you don't run into Clio V6, Yaris/Glanza turbo etc..

So that's why a ZR1 beats everything out of Japan and nearly everything from Europe in nearly all tests?:rolleyes:

yeah, it takes the most powerful overkill car ever been built in US to come even with European exotica and Japanese technology.

Leonidae
So that's why they understeer, have wheelspin from the beginning and brakes made out of rubberducks?

Are you basing this on the cars in GT4? In the real world the Corvette and Viper are some of the best handling cars out there.

yeah, it takes the most powerful overkill car ever been built in US to come even with European exotica and Japanese technology.

And it does it with a 2 valve pushrod engine, and leaf spring suspension.

And it does it with a 2 valve pushrod engine, and leaf spring suspension.
...while having nearly twice as big of an engine again and about 300 kg less weight. Tells something about the efficiency of both, doesn't it? :P

...while having nearly twice as big of an engine again and about 300 kg less weight. Tells something about the efficiency of both, doesn't it? :P

Nissan is sandbagging and underrated the GTR's power, estimates put it at over 500hp according to dyno results. GTR also has a huge traction advantage with the awd.

Not sure how you do math but 6.2 liters isn't anywhere close to being "twice as big" as the GTR's 3.8.

well, ZR1 has forced induction, and positive displacement charger, amirite? and then, there's all these international motorsport regulations that state that FI engines displacement has to be multiplied by x.x etc etc yada yada.. And nissan isn't sandbagging, it's the used dynos that are making it look like they're sandbagging. anyway, this is enough offtopic, if you want to continue, take it to automotive forums ( where this has been beaten to death), or to PMs. :irked:

Wow, I see a lot of very poorly thought out posts from a few members in that last 10 or so, I won't even bother to show you why you're wrong. Fanboyism for the lose.👎

And you prepare for new reviews 👍

EDIT: Leo, I've got problems tuning your "Blackbird".. First of all I get 1038 kg when doing WRS 3 and not 1118 kg.. Also, only when equiping the Stage 4 Turbo I'll get 700 bhp (there stands Stage 3 Turbo in your settings sheet).. Also, I want to ask if you've adjusted the gears for this car, because there's no FC Transmission and no settings for the gearbox (maybe you've forgotten to mention this aspect).. Please reply as soon as possible.. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, sorry about that. I thought that I had fixed it ages ago! :ouch: and no, there's no racing gearbox because I wanted to keep it somewhat loyal to the car of the show. 1118kg was from either level 2 weight reduction which it had at some point when I tuned it. Turbo is indeed stage 4 as you said.. I'll fix it now.:dunce:

TRD 2500GT '90

455 bhp, 559 Nm, 1261 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Sports Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 4 / 7
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 9

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.572
2nd: 1.789
3rd: 1.395
4th: 1.139
5th: 0.954
6th: 0.806
Final Gear: 3.500

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

When the TRD 3000GT was unveiled at Tokyo in 1994 it got many Toyota fans drooling over the radical bodykit mimicking GT racers. But several years earlier there had been another venture that kept the original looks and updated the performance instead. Few know about it as it never left the prototype stage but it was to be called the TRD 2500GT.

Built using a Supra 2.5 TwinTurbo R as a basis it was a serious machine with few compromises made about giving it supercar performance. Any extra weight was removed, resulting in an extremely spartan interior with a true race car feel. Not that it would be misleading, seeing that the engine had components from the race models too - including just about everything but the exhaust. It had to be road legal after all, and a straight pipe might just have got a bit noisy. The suspension was lifted from the same source and softened suitably to help the driver retain their teeth on the bumpier surfaces but still kept stiff enough to keep the tyres firmly on the road. The tyres themselves were made of softer compound and with less tread than the originals, giving excellent grip even during more than spirited cornering.

Sadly it never made it to production but according to the test drivers it was a true evolution model of the Supra, retaining the good things and improving on those that didn't quite cut it. Worth noting was the high number of rear tyres worn out during the development.

Reviews:

by Nenad

Last edited:
Looks certainly interesting, Greycap! 👍 I hopefully will be able to do a review of it. School is killing me right now, actually. :(

Looks certainly interesting, Greycap! 👍

Same opinion here, I think I've a 10 km special in my garage and if not I'll search it 👍

Codename L
I hopefully will be able to do a review of it. School is killing me right now, actually. :(

I'll try to review the car, too and just to let you feel better, Lucas, school begins again tomorrow for me and this is my last year at this school and I've to learn for the last three final exams in english, german and maths, which have a huge effect on my future ;)

Escudo rims look great on the white supra 👍 TRD 2500GT , is it real?
There was TRD3000 in GT1 a special supra ,
so this is previous generation TRD supra with more power to even the higher weight , right?

But is this a setup to turn the 2.5 TT supra into road racer or to replicate possible stock handling of the TRD supras?

MadMax

Review of the TRD 2500 GT '90

As promised, here's the review ;)

Power: 455 bhp
Torque: 559 nm
Weight: 1261 kg

The following aspects were judged:

- Acceleration (max. 10 points)
- Brakes (max. 10 points)
- Balance (max. 10 points)
- Handling (max. 10 points)
- Other/ Bonus points (max. 10 points)

Acceleration: Very good.. There's wheelspin in first, but nothing special.. Give it 75 - 80 % throttle in first and you'll be fine.. You can floor it in second gear and then it becomes evil and pushes you very hard into your seat..

Brakes: Very strong ones.. They were kind of weak before, but with this setup they improved, and how they did! Late braking is always possible, but don't brake too late, otherwise you'll get understeer..

Balance: Well balanced overall.. I like how the car is very stable at high speed corners (Long straight before the first hairpin at Grand Valley Speedway).. You can floor it all the way and then brake very late for the first hairpin.. Without any doubts: Awesome!

Handling: The car is very precise.. It's like on rails everywhere (slow corners and fast ones).. This car's handling surprised me, because in stock form it was like :ill: ..

Other/ Bonus points: Due to the fact that this car has no driving aids and no wing which means no downforce, it is very very stable at any time, whatever you do.. Although there's wheelspin, it's easily controllable and that makes fun, especially in slow corners where you can drift in first/ second gear, but at the same time you know that stability is given at any time and you just need to tap the brakes and the wheelspin is gone.. Also, in this car, you can compete with cars that have 200+ hp and no doubts you're win 👍

Acceleration: 10 points
Brakes: 10 points
Balance: 10 points
Handling: 10 points
Other/ bonus points: 8 points

Total: 48/50 points -> 10/10

Well done, Greycap 👍 I like love this car.. I first thought that it won't be that good, but I was wrong.. This car definately is a dream! Keep up the good work, my friend! :cheers:

MadMax86 - Escudo rims? :confused: More like run-of-the-mill Falkens... but no, it's not real. Just the 2.5 TTR tuned as a fast road car and named in a sportier way.

S-Line Audi Fan - And the line of reviews continues! I wouldn't give it quite that many 10's but probably 9's - it was a very pleasant surprise seeing how road going Supras tend to handle in this game. Definitely better than the Mk IV in my opinion, no matter how crazy it may sound.

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 review

For this review I stop at both GVS and Nurburgring.

Brakes:
The brakes on the Speed 12 are good braking with control at GVS, but I was getting some locking at the Ring on the bumper section.

Trans and Diff:
The gearing was just a little long for Grand Valley and right on the money for the Nurburgring just like the diff set-up.

Suspension and Overall:
I like the TVR's turn-in both on or off the brakes. In the middle and on the exit of the turns I was getting understeer. This understeer ran from slite to a little depending on your speed and is very linear without going away suddenly. Now for the wheelspin this car is known for. It's still there but so much more controllable. I like this set-up alot and when you can keep it hooked up it pulls down some nice lap times. My best lap time at Grand Valley was a 1'38.078 and a I surprised myseft 5'53.440 at Nurburgring. Nice job Graycap.:)

updated for one more review

NSX-R LM RoadCar review

Trans and diff:
I like the differential setting over the defaults alot. The setting give the car a nice locked in feel. As for the trans setting I was run out of gear on the pit straightaway at Grand Valley. I also found the gearing a little to open putting me to a little to low in the RPM range in some turns.

Suspension and Braking:
With this NSX I find that suspension set-up has a big impact on the braking of the car. The brakes are very good and you can move the car around under braking. The rear of the car is still too loose under trail braking, but the chassis setting make it so much better than the defaults. The Honda is very good at all parts of the turn and is mostly neutral that can go into slite oversteer are all speeds. I also find that I can now use the drop throttle oversteer the car has as a good tool to rotate the car if needed. That before would just cause one the crash.

I like the NSX-R LM RoadCar alot now that with defaults was a big time trail happy and not fun the drive. Now it drive's some like a mid-engine Ruf 911. It will still bite in the can if your not on top of it, but when you get it right is so rewarding. My best lap at GVS was a 1'37.695. Nice suspension work Leonidae.👍

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, Stidriver.👍 Perhaps the gearing of the NSX felt too tall because you drove the Speed 12 first. NSX can't compete with it in outright acceleration or top speed, but in the corners the situation is bit better.

stidriver - It seems the car is faster still than I thought... the understeer surprises me though, I was constantly fighting oversteer instead. It seems like you have more rear end grip than I. Must be controller or driving style differences. The gearing has to be that tall even for for shorter circuits or the second gear is useless, the final ratio was even lower during initial testing. I'll have to hunt that Nürburgring time again some day, going to get the 5'5x myself too.

Nissan Skyline GTS-R '87

420 bhp, 455 Nm, 1139 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 4.5
Ride Height: 115 / 120
Bound: 4 / 2
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 2.2 / 1.3
Toe: -3 / -2
Stabilizers: 1 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.705
2nd: 1.912
3rd: 1.440
4th: 1.135
5th: 0.937
6th: 0.765
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 9

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

We all know the four generations of monstrous high performance machines from Nissan, better known as R32, R33, R34 and R35. They're all AWD, twinturbo racecars for the road, and have well established cult following. But people tend to forget that behind truly great cars are older, lesser known models and test mules.

One of these rarely mentioned heroes is R31 Skyline GTS-R, the spiritual successor of original KPGC10 and predecessor of the R32 "Godzilla". With this one-off model we want to remind people that even if the car is older and has smaller engine and only single turbo, it can still be respectable performance car and tremendous fun on the road and track, especially with slightly upgraded components. Oh yeah, one word of warning: She might look rather factory spec production line model, but in this case, there's more than meets the eye..

Last edited:
As a long-time GT fan, i've been following your tuning firm for quite some time. However, for a long time i was more interested in earning quick cash and doing Formula GT races than puttting some of the wild, wooly and simply wonderful cars you guys create through they're paces.

Recently, on a whim, i decided to scale back the seriousness of my GT4 racing habits. You know, stop every once and a while to "Smell the Roses", yeah? So with that said, i've decided to review some of the cars your firm has to offer. The first one up on the review block is the Dodge Viper ACR GT '00.

Well, first off, THIS CAR IS A MOSTER!!!:scared: Though the base model was a fun (If limited) road car wearing a racing suit, THIS CAR won't hesitate to bite your head off if you aren't careful! The lack of braking power, the wheelspin out of practically every corner in the first four gears, the knife-edge handling at speed combined with a lack of downforce makes for a real live-wire kind of car that requires cat-like reflexes and superlative throttle control...That's what stood out to me when i first drove it.

After a while, though, i started to realise that for every "Lethal" aspect of this car could be countered with...DRIVING TECHNIQUE?(Shocking compared to racing LMP's, i know!) If you get wheelspin, you let off the throttle:idea:...If you break to late for a corner, break earlier the next time:idea:...All of these obvious drving techniques i'd forgoten about from having spent so much time racing pure race cars started to come back to me...And i liked it!

The more i drove this car, the more refreshing it was trying to drive it fast than the stuffy old LMP or JGTC cars i usually run! It's a downright-frightening car at times that requires a lot of skill to eke out it's best lap times(I'm around two seconds off of your test driver's fastest lap). But it's also a car that helps you focus on improving your driving line, throttle control, threshold braking Etc. It's certainly not for the faint-of-heart...And i don't have the courage needed to race this car (Yet...), but as a track-day or practice car it's just too much fun! It's a car that demands respect from it's driver and rewards them accordingly...And i can't get enough of it!:)

In conclusion, on a scale of 1-to-10, i give it a 8/10.

It's a car that leaves a real feeling of satisfaction when you get a good lap time down and helps you Re-learn lost skills...

Coming Soon: The TVR Speed 12 '00

Grrr.....dammit, I was trying to keep an R31 away from your snouts long enough to get one out myself first Leo as part of an R-chassis trio. :D Looks like I'll be comparing notes then but I can already tell, we've got fairly different camber/toe/damper/spring settings. ;)

Seeing as my praise of the Beetle (Wolfsburg Turbo QC) was dismissed as fanboyism, I shall write a more detailed review here.

First off:

Acceleration/Speed:
Initially I used the given settings for the transmission, and it was a nippy little car, if a touch sluggish low-down the RPM's. I have played with gears for ages now, and kept the final drive at 2.500 because the tiny 1100cc engine, small power output and turbo lag need as much help as they can get. Any more tips for getting the best out the little car would be much appreciated as I am determined to get a fair few trophes under the Bug's belt.

Handling:
On N3 tyres it handled sweetly, though obviously with RR all the weight was sent to the back, so it is a little twitchy if you're not on the ball. However there is some understeer, and it's not as grippy as I thought a small RR car would be.

Competitiveness:
Yes, the Beetle can win a few races. It made easy work of the Sunday cup (but then most cars can), and can also (with alittle help from the NOS and no V8 monsters driven by the AI) win the World and Euro classic car cups at Fuji. Also won the Capri Rally (albeit Easy) as well. It is good for decent amounts of A-spec points.

Not keen on the wheels supplied by MFT so mine has been shod with the Buick GNX rims, the green racing NSX ones, Ford GT deep-dish alloys, and at presnt, it wears the gold, deep-dished wheels from the 787B.

Overall a sound effort from a car that despite its huggable cute looks, is a bit useless stock. Anyone who'sgot any further improvements please PM me, I was a massive Beetle fan as a kid and was waiting to get round to souping one up in GT4.

That's more like it, keep it up! you never requested a car though, so go ahead and PM me, I'm sure I can come up with something that might please you.

Hi guys,

I'd just like to note that some cars you have have rather low LSD Deceleration.

Is the matter of your cars to be great accelerators and bad brakers or something else?

Also, I'd recommend you also take the cars out to the strip and tell us your best results in your tune-ups. I'm not saying you HAVE to, it's just a recommendation.

Kingofweasles - Alright people, look at this man. This man has guts. Not only to pick the outright craziest road car in our line-up as his first choice but also to mention that he has something to learn. 👍 Thanks for the review! It's interesting to get new people here with new styles, yours tells quite a lot about how the car drives from a "psychological" point of view. Apparently it's every bit as difficult as I thought... about our test driver, we'll make an introduction of him some day.

C-ZETA - The explanation is very simple. As you know, high LSD acceleration values give grip and stabilize the car when accelerating. High LSD deceleration values do practically the same thing. The thing is, we don't want stability during deceleration (exceptions do exist though) as it would decrease the cars' willingness to turn in. Better to have a car that's unstable but agile instead of one that is stable but understeers like a freight train.

The drag strip times... no point in them, at least in my personal opinion. The ability to get off the line quickly is needed once - or not at all - in a race. A much better test would be 100 to 200 km/h or something, that's the kind of acceleration that is needed on the track. The Speed 12 is a perfect example, it leaves the line very slowly but goes on to be one of our fastest cars. On the other hand the Evo VIII SE takes off like a rocket but runs out of steam very quickly, not to mention that it has little to say in cornering. These cars are made to show their best abilities on track driving, hence the timers on the banners. That's what matters.

Fine, I understand. I do of course assume that the testers are allowed to change the settings?

Nothing is stopping you from doing whatever you like to the car but we won't give much of a thought to you complaining about its handling if the setup isn't exactly the same as the one we tuned. Even the tiniest changes can make a very big difference, everything affects everything and the setup is made to work as a complete package.

Having said that, changing tyres is understandable as long as it's done in a sensible way. Throw R2's on a car that should have R3's and the general characteristics won't change much. R1's are highly likely to work too, mention the change when reviewing though so we'll know why it has more wheelspin now. But fit S1's on a car that had R3's when it left the workshop, come here saying that it's undrivable and we'll probably laugh you out of the door.

The bottom line? If you change the setup, tell us about it in the review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back