Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
Paulie,

I thought I'd run a few practice sessions tonight in the DB9 in prep for the Event 02 final. I needed a tune, so I thought I'd come to TLD. I found your tune for it, applied the settings, went out on the track and noticed a massive improvement.

The tune was absolutely faboulous, the settings were fantastic and I just could not make a wrong move. 10/10. Excellent tune Paulie, keep up the fantastic work.

Cool.:) Edit: Woops, thought it was supposed to be at HSR. What tyres do you need to use anyway?

Hi Paulie :)
Do you want to make a fast setup for HSR 650 Expert for Audi R8

Per

Not exactly.......:indiff:

Last edited:
Cool.:) Edit: Woops, thought it was supposed to be at HSR. What tyres do you need to use anyway?

I'm using S2's at the moment, 100% weight and I brought down the power to equal 550PP. The car handles fantastic with the S2's though.

TLD Art Morrison Corvette
(418kw) (721Nm) (1221kg) (650 PP) (High Speed Ring)
(385kw) (690Nm) (1235kg) (700 PP) (High Speed Ring Reverse)
(385kw) (690Nm) (1235kg) (700 PP) (Suzuka)

0707sr_68_z+1960_corvette+.jpg

Performance:

Power: +4 -4 -4
Weight: 85% 86% 86%
Tyres: S3 R3 R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -12/-9 -20/-17 -20/-17
Spring Rates: 9/3 9/3 9/4
Damper: 4/2
Toe: -0.18/+0.38 -0.18/+0.20 -0.18/+0.40
Camber: 1.6/1.1 1.6/1.1 1.6/1.4

Brake Balance: 5/7

Max Turn Angle: 45 45 50

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308 2.380
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.240
4th: 0.998
5th: 0.818
6th: 0.692
Final: 3.095 3.915 3.350

Description: The Art Morrison Corvette, it's a muscle car doing the finest kind of muscle thing, going fast while looking and sounding better than everyone else. Art Morrison approached TLD to improve the handling of the beast, and so we offered the car a chance to compete in TLD's Corvette Challenge once we were done. We were particularly impressed with how responsive it is so long as you don't over drive it.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
High Speed Ring
High Speed Ring
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox
Don't use 2nd gear at HSR
Take a wide approach to most corners and get a run onto the straights
Tuned as 6spd, not allowed for drafting as this is a WRS tune
Use the steering wheel's shift light, it's nearly spot on

Smooth and conservative is fast

Last edited:
Hey there, gave your TLD BMW 1035 Turbo a try and I'm diggin it, I was looking for a good tune for this car and I like the choices you've made for it. The only gripe I have is that it turns in a bit to sharply for my driving style, what's the best way of correcting that do you think? What settings should i change?

thanks in advance

Hey there, gave your TLD BMW 1035 Turbo a try and I'm diggin it, I was looking for a good tune for this car and I like the choices you've made for it. The only gripe I have is that it turns in a bit to sharply for my driving style, what's the best way of correcting that do you think? What settings should i change?

thanks in advance

Try making the brake balance 5/5 instead of 5/6.👍

The 02 Viper GTS tune that you have set up for 600PP. Would the settings for tranny and suspension still carry over in the HSR 650PP on R tires?

The 02 Viper GTS tune that you have set up for 600PP. Would the settings for tranny and suspension still carry over in the HSR 650PP on R tires?

Possibly, I don't know, brake balance normally needs changing from tracks like Suzuka to HSR.

Your WRS 23 tune is pretty good. I changed the dampers to 6/2, 6/2 and the toe angle to -0.20/-0.10. That got me a bit more time, now going to go back to original tune and see if it's my mods or me practicing the combo more. Anyway, glad you did this tune, it's heaps better than all the others(0.5 faster for me).

Your WRS 23 tune is pretty good. I changed the dampers to 6/2, 6/2 and the toe angle to -0.20/-0.10. That got me a bit more time, now going to go back to original tune and see if it's my mods or me practicing the combo more. Anyway, glad you did this tune, it's heaps better than all the others(0.5 faster for me).

Cheers Mad.👍 A rear toe-out is probably too much to handle for low lives such as myself, but I'll give it a shot.:sly: Thanks for the compliments.:) I don't think the front toe change would work for my driving style.

Edit: I tried your rear toe setting and it didn't work for me. I can see how it might help a truly skilled driver such as yourself, but not me. On the other hand, it gave me new-found confidence in my original tune.👍

Last edited:
I tried out the BMW 1035 and I very much like the tuning choices you've made with it. The car is much more stable and controllable than stock, but at the same time much sharper as well. In that car, even losing a race was enormously fun. I think it's a brilliant car.

I know that you are, indeed, closed to requests, so I want you to think of this more as a recommendation: Have you ever driven the BMW Z4? It is a spectacular experience! The sound of the naturally aspirated straight-six is the best I've heard in GT5:P; It is what prompted me to turn off the music. If you think the 135i sounds good (I hope you do), the Z4 sounds so much better. Not to mention, the power can go up to 390hp, same as 135i, but the weight is lower. So, even though it comes with little power, it can have more and be fast enough. The only real issue is the handling... Even if you don't tune it, you absolutely must drive it.

I tried out the BMW 1035 and I very much like the tuning choices you've made with it. The car is much more stable and controllable than stock, but at the same time much sharper as well. In that car, even losing a race was enormously fun. I think it's a brilliant car.

I know that you are, indeed, closed to requests, so I want you to think of this more as a recommendation: Have you ever driven the BMW Z4? It is a spectacular experience! The sound of the naturally aspirated straight-six is the best I've heard in GT5:P; It is what prompted me to turn off the music. If you think the 135i sounds good (I hope you do), the Z4 sounds so much better. Not to mention, the power can go up to 390hp, same as 135i, but the weight is lower. So, even though it comes with little power, it can have more and be fast enough. The only real issue is the handling... Even if you don't tune it, you absolutely must drive it.

Thanks for the 1035 Turbo compliments.👍 As for the BMW Z4, I don't think the engine note is that great, but everyone has different opinions on what engine sounds are good.

Really? I figure thay're basically the same engine, but turboed in 135i and not in Z4. And, a turbo mutes and tames an exhaust, in my opinion. Do you use interior view? That's what I use, and I've noticed that that may have signicant effect on the sound. The 2-seater is likely to have less sound insulation than is the luxury sporting car.

I also like how the two engines are tunable to almost identical levels, 390hp or so. I really wish I could find a tune for that Z-car somewhere. :(

EDIT: Wow, where'd that come from!? There's no way it's just been right in front of me, right? Incredible. Thank you for showing me that.

Really? I figure thay're basically the same engine, but turboed in 135i and not in Z4. And, a turbo mutes and tames an exhaust, in my opinion. Do you use interior view? That's what I use, and I've noticed that that may have signicant effect on the sound. The 2-seater is likely to have less sound insulation than is the luxury sporting car.

I also like how the two engines are tunable to almost identical levels, 390hp or so. I really wish I could find a tune for that Z-car somewhere. :(

EDIT: Wow, where'd that come from!? There's no way it's just been right in front of me, right? Incredible. Thank you for showing me that.

:lol: Reading your post I was wondering when you'd see that Z4.:sly: I think the Z4 and 135i are very similar, but for a 6cyl I guess I'm more a fan of the kind of noise the Brera makes, or the Amuse/Opera 350Z or the Buick 3.8L.;)

I've been away for a while, but why did the Garage Showdowns stop?

Because other garages have declined to participate citing reasons such as their belief participation wouldn't be high enough any more.

Reviewing your drift-spec Mustang:

Novice at drifting, and using a DS3 controller.

Got ~8000 pts pretty easily at Eiger forward. Front end wasn't to my liking(inconsistent/inaccurate), so i added camber, incrementally up to 2.5. Also simultaneously adjusted the turn angle, eventually down to 43. Found this was best, more camber not useful and less turn angle too difficult.
ABS at 0 not for me, I used 1. And front adjusted to 3, as I 'left-foot brake' to get the car to transition from one curve to the next. No idea if 'pro' drifters do this.
Tried to fix the gears, but found no benefit.

Like this, 11864 pts and 72nd on the car make rank.
Very few N3s in the top 100.

Thanks.👍

N3s aren't in the top 100 because the point system is screwed and should never ever be used as a guide.👍

Well, I don't really know about that. Of course, a computer will never be able to really award Artistic Points very well, but this system does feel very right to me.

I assume you're annoyed at how the points are based upon being sideways for as long as possible? That tendency which discriminates against high-grip tyres, which make the car faster, and the corner briefer, so less points get awarded. Sure, that forces everyone down to N1s, but I do feel that PD got that detail very, very right. I prefer for a drift to last as long as possible, and to be as absolutely epic as physics can allow. And, if you can drift for a long period of time, there's just that much more drama to it, you're allowed to savour the maneuver that much more. On the other hand, ultra-high-grip-tyre-drifting is an anticlimactic thing, just because the drift is so fleeting that there's no time for style, for flourish, for charisma.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

You are the only one, because drift points are a combo of speed and angle (and in 1-on-1s proximity). If you take away speed you're not getting scored correctly. Forcing everyone to use N1 tyres and make drifts last longer is about as cool as someone doing a burnout for the entire 1/4mile.............with a one wheel spinner.;)

Just to emphasise, in D1GP for the solo runs a box is used which measures speed and angle (line and clipping points are also important). Also a 10-0 is awarded if the chasing driver manages to overtake the leading one whilst drifting, now imagine trying to pass an N3 drifter on N1s.

TLD NSX Type-RVT
(368bhp) (275ft-lbs) (1079kg) (650 PP)
(443bhp) (313ft-lbs) (1079kg) (700PP)

tunesheet_nsx.gif

Performance:

Power: +26 +49
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1/R1 R2/R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rates: 4/6
Damper: 3/6
Toe: -0.25/+0.30
Camber: 1.6/2.0

Brake Balance: 7/5

Max Turn Angle: 40

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.622
2nd: 1.793
3rd: 1.404
4th: 1.139
5th: 0.936
6th: 0.793
Final: 4.162 4.110

Description:
No doubt many of you are confused as to why this car has been posted here, by me, but I'll let Paulie explain all later on :sly:. The car itself has been under private use for a while now. As far as the NSX goes it's always been a car with a nasty bite if not treated with respect. This hasn't changed and TLD has aimed to create a faster, better handling car by first adding power with a few minor upgrades, stripping the interior to reduce weight and finally retuning the suspension once the new R compound slicks were added. The aim of this set up was to create a faster NSX, without losing it's key character and charm, this comes together to create a great drivers car, and never fails to bring a smile to my face at least. Don't take my word for it though, try it for yourselves!

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Suzuka (Originally)
HSR (Tweaked to fit)

Tuner's Notes:
Main warning is be careful when turning in should the car try to jump out on you, apply some throttle and don't go crazy countersteering.
Apart from that, keep in mind it's an MR car so be ready for liftoff oversteer and the other normal symptoms.

Best 700PP HSR Lap (driven by me): 1:06.5XX (No slipstream)

Last edited:
TLD NSX Type-RVT
(274kw) (372Nm) (1079kg) (650 PP)

tunesheet_nsx.gif

Description:
No doubt many of you are confused as to why this car has been posted here, by me, but I'll let Paulie explain all later on :sly:.

Please, allow me.:) Oh you already did? Well good.:sly:

It is my pleasure to announce that Dragonistic will be guest tuning for The Lion's Den for a while, and with a strong possibility that he will become a permanent fixture at The Lion's Den.👍 After Dragonistic closed his own tuning garage (Red Venom Tuning, which he has acknowledged in the title of this new NSX), I extended the offer to tune for TLD. With GT5 around the bend, I felt it would be a good idea to hire new tuners here at TLD, to offer a wider range of tunes and to cater for more driving styles. I hope you enjoy your time here Dragonistic, and hopefully things will work out so you can stay as a permanent.👍:)

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy your time here Dragonistic, and hopefully things will work out so you can stay a permanent.👍:)

On that note, I will be open for 1 request on a first come first serve basis to be tuned and tailored to your wants and needs. First request will be tuned to the best of my abilities. Just give me a car, PP limit, track and any other notes you'd like when taking into account your order.

How does the tuned cars stack up against the road cars on HSR? I've not experimented trying to fit them into the 650 class enough to know how they run.

How does the tuned cars stack up against the road cars on HSR? I've not experimented trying to fit them into the 650 class enough to know how they run.

Some Tuned cars have to brake pretty early, possibly due to being on S tires versus the typical Rs of a normal car.

Some Tuned cars have to brake pretty early, possibly due to being on S tires versus the typical Rs of a normal car.

I was wondering more about the full laptimes themselves. There will obviously be differences in how the cars reach that time, but overall, which comes out best.

Nice to see you back in the tuning business Dragonistic. 👍 Nice touch with the RVT on the NSX-R. :) So, was it a friendly merge or a hostile takeover? :P :lol:

Hey Dragonistic! Nice to see you back in the tuning world! 👍 TLD is going to be a force to be reckoned with :D 👍

Back