BP - FF At Tsukuba REVENGE! 2904

• Thread starter balang_479
  • 31 comments
balang_479
Hi, Welcome to Balang P
I've always been into car tuning and love time attack, drift, touge and so on...
So I thought I would create my own garage here and slowly post up some my tuned cars. I work strictly on street legal tuning so the tyres I use are S3s, its also the international standard in Time Attack regulations to use Street legal tyres.

I've tuned many cars but none of them are complete enough to be presented here now, but I am going to work on completing some.

Here's the current lineup:

FF at Tsukuba - Honda Civic EG 333 BP
NA GT - Honda NSX-R GT BP

First project: FF at Tsukuba.

25th April 2009

Breaking the 1 minute barrier at Tsukuba in a FF car has always been a major feat in real life, so I thought I would try this in GT and see how quick I could make a well tuned FF go round the 2 km track. I'm hoping I will be able to break that barrier in an NA car.

The fastest FF car I believe at the moment is Top Fuels EK9 producing 480hp and running on A048, which did a lap time of 59.61.

HondaCivicEK9TopFuelZero1000Front.jpg

The car I chose was a Honda Civic EG, quite an obvious choice when it comes to FF.
The first thing I did was to see how quick it was in stock form. The car had 151hp and normal N3 tyres.

After a couple of laps I managed a 1:14.194. So I had to shave 14 seconds off, thats quite a feat on such a short lap.

So I thought I would do all the major work first, disassembled the whole car, stiffened the chassis and put back what was only needed, so Stage 3 weight reduction and a Roll Cage were installed. I also mounted some good rubber in the form of S3s.

I thought I would leave the Engine and Suspension alone for now. The engine was simply serviced.

After that work, the weight was reduced from just over 1 tonne to 915kg. and the engine was back up to stock power of 167hp.

So back out to the track, what can I say, the car completely changed, perfect response, much nimbler and the stock suspension held up just fine. Didn't think it was going to make this much of a difference but 6 seconds were shaved off with a 1:08.522.

I don't know I can find 8 more seconds.
Now it was time to work on suspension and brakes. Good race spec coil overs were mounted with adjustable sway bars as well and race spec brake kit from Spoon.

So now onto the track to dial them in.
I ran Spoon's setup for the first run and did a 1:08.112.
The grip levels are the same naturally but the car is alot more planted, I decided to stiffen the rear of the car a bit for slight more over steer and increase camber.

The ride height was put right down to 99mm, front and rear springs to 6.4 each and camber up front at 2.3 and 1.8 at rear.

The car still has some understeer but is very easy to drive.

New time of 1:08.072.
Reduced the camber at the rear and went back out. Rear camber at 1.4.

New time of 1:08.059.

So the lap times are decreasing but the suspension and brakes on the original car are very good making it hard to improve on them.

So now it's finally time to work on the engine and drivetrain. I'm going to keep it NA for now and try to break the 1 minute barrier, but if I have to ill go turbo.

So, racing muffler from Spoon and complete engine from them too, stroker kit to pull the B16 up to 1.8 liter. The power now is an incredible 276hp.

For the transmission I went with a fully customizable unit with racing clutch and flywheel and a 1.5way LSD.

I thought I would get some nice wheels for it too and got some RAYS Volk TE37s in white.

So this is it. There isn't much I can do to the car anymore but set it up and try and break that 1 minute barrier. I might try some aero parts if I am unsuccessful this time.

First session out on stock transmission setup, the engine is incredible, good linear power, easy to control. Max power is available right up to 9000rpm. The car still has some understeer but overall it feels great.
First attack time is 1:04.067. This isn't looking too good. The car is being pushed to the limits and it seems like theres only so much I can to on these Semi-slicks.
So I change some of the suspension setup and shorten the ratios and go out for another run.

Best time of 1:03.618.
That the best I can do, the car is awesome to drive, easy and the power is so smooth. I don't think I want to go turbo just yet, I'm going to try out some aero parts first.

I mounted a wing and splitter, the looks have been compromised but this should defenately bring the lap time down a little.

Went out with the new setup set a 30F and 20R, the car can carry more speed through the last turn and feels slightly better over all.
New best lap of 1:02.765.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go Turbo.

Went to HKS to get a turbo kit, got the Original Kit which boost my power up to 333hp. Really cool that it has 333 hp, i think I'm going to name the car using that number.

I'm hoping this power upgrade is going to reduce the lap time and that the turbo lag is going to be manageable.

Back to Tsukuba to find out the truth.
First session 1:02.585, gear ratio now too short.. going to lengthen it a bit and change the ratios on 2nd and 3rd too.

Final Fastest lap of 1:02.027
With nearly 100 laps done testing this car I don't think I can go any faster.

I was really hoping to break the 1 minute barrier in a FF car, and I think with more downforce and an engine to swap to a K20 I think I could.

26th April 2009

I've taken Rotary Junkie and jgda9rs suggestions and went much stiffer and swapped the stiffness around to 18/12 to start off with and stabilizers at 1/7.
Now lets see how this handles...

Well, the car feels great and with the 1 stabilizer up front was surprised how much traction I had coming out of turns, this hybrid between the two suggestions works giving me a new best lap time of 1:01.676. The low camber I had in the rear meant that out of turns it made the back swing out on power just enough to point me in the right direction with no countersteer, quite a difference.

OK, I thought I would spend some more money on this car and Refresh the Body, 50000 is steep but hopefully it will help slightly, I also got a Brake Balance control.

So once again back to the track for some attack sessions.

I lowered the spring rate up front down to 16.5 to see if I can get a touch more traction. The brake balance is 20/20 to start off with.
One lap and had to change balance to 12/20, it was massive understeer turn-in. Back out to see if I can beat that lap time.
Did a 1:01.872, the car is defenately better, I just can't seem to reach that time, I believe that 1:01.676 was a perfect lap.
I'm going to try and play with the brake balance a bit more.

Update

I've just finished the final setup for this car, I lengthened 3rd just a little to 1790 and went out and put 30 more laps in.

Final Record Time: 1:01.664

Here is the car.

Honda Civic EG 333 BP '92

If you try the car please purchase EVERY item and set it exactly, constructive criticisms and recommendations of set up are very welcome.

Parts:

Racing Muffler
Racing Brake Kit
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Increase Displacement
Racing Chip
Full Customizable Transmission
Racing Clutch
Racing Flywheel
1.5 Way LSD
Original Turbo
Racing Suspension
S3 Tyres
Stage 3 Weight
Roll Cage
Chassis Refreshment

Wing
Volk TE37

Settings:

Suspension (F, R)
Spring Rate - 16.5, 12.0
Ride Height - 100, 100
Damper Bounce - 6, 7
Damper Rebound - 6, 7
Camber - 2.6, 1.2
Toe - 0, 0
Stabilizer - 1, 7

Transmission

1st - 3.419
2nd - 2.405
3rd - 1.790
4th - 1.466
5th - 1.211
6th - 1.044
Final - 4.285
Auto - 4

Downforce - 30, 20
Brake Balance 12, 20

AIDS ALL OFF

The best way to drive this car is to maintain as much speed as possible through the turn and try to avoid using 2nd, there plenty of power in 3rd at low revs to break traction. I think the handling gives slight oversteer on power at low speed and slight understeer on power at high speed, turn in is neutral so you can easily point it into a corner. The transmission ratio is for Tsukuba so it will be very short for other tracks.

Well, hope you've enjoyed my little challenge and hope you try out the car and go faster.
I would like to thank everyone that has helped me develop this project, I may come back again and try to break this 1 minute barrier.

FF at Tsukuba Revenge

I'm back at Tsukuba and I'm determined to do this. If you didn't see my first project, here, I set out to break the 1-minute barrier in a FF car round Tsukuba on S3 Street Legal tires. Unfortunately the little Civic EG I tuned was simply not capable of achieving this.

I found a leader board for FF cars at the Tsukuba Time Attack 2.0l Max here on GTP: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2405079&postcount=23
No one has broken the 1 minute barrier with a car under 2000cc and I'm yet to find a record of someone else managing this.

So I'm starting again with a Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, it's not a car I particularly like, but I think it has the potential to do this. The V6 engine can be tuned to high power and the modern chassis should be able to handle anything.

Car comes stock with 265hp and it put on some N3 tires to see what it can do in stock form.

The car squats a lot but the rest seems fine, the engine makes good power but dies off quickly at 6000rpm. A respectable 1:08.666.

So, like I did in the Civic, chassis mods first with some weight saving to Stage 3 and stiffness, and some good tires in the form of S3s.

So, the car is now much better, good handling, response and everything feels better, but there is still body roll everywhere. The weight went from 155xkg to 133xkg, which is still quite heavy and I'm concerned it could be a problem further on.

Time: 1:05.101

No onto suspension and brakes, mounted some Racing suspension and Racing brakes. I also bought some nice Enkei wheels for it too.

I thought I would adjust the suspension so that it was totally balanced from and back to start off with and see how it handled. So values at the front were same at the back: spring rate 9.0, ride height 98, dampers 8, camber 2.5, toe 0 and sway bars 3.

Lets see if there's an improvement.

Time: 1:04.345

Well, cars flat round the corners and very easy to drive, in general I can push it further in every situation, but it's all understeer. So I'm gonna run a similar setup to the Civic with still rear sway and soft front and lower the rear camber abit.

The car seems to be unresponsive to suspension changes, I played with a few settings and ultimately I couldn't notice much difference.

Time: 1:04.193

So I'm going to move onto power, see how much this engine can make. Hopefully this should get me very close to the 1 minute mark or at least faster than the EG. Then with setup tweaks and maybe downforce I can break through.

So the car is now maxed out with 424hp. I also got a Brake controller, Full LSD and Transmission.
I'll run the car with the stock settings and current suspension settings to see how it goes.

There's plenty of torque now and excellent power, because of the supercharger it's also very smooth so very easy to control, the handling still needs alot of work, more oversteer and more grip at the front in general. But I'm very pleased with the 1:00.918.

With a few changes to suspension, LSD and brake balance, the car did a 1:00.428. I'm happy with the settings, I need to play with the transmission abit and then mount a wing and with a good lap I should brake the 1 minute barrier.

Set downforce to 30F 15R and went out for some time attack... I did it. 59.729 was the final time.
It's not with the car that I would have wanted but it worked nonetheless.

Here it is:

Mitsubishi Eclipse GT BP '06

Purchase every part and set it exactly.

Parts:

Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Fully Customizable Transmission
Racing Clucth
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Supercharger
Racing Suspension
Sports Soft S3
Weight Stage 3
Roll Cage (stiffness)

Wing

Settings:

Brake Balance: 5/10

Spring Rate: 11.0/8.0
Ride Height: 100/98
Damper Bounce: 7/7
Damper Rebound: 8/8
Camber Angle: 2.3/1.8
Toe Angle: 0/-2
Stabilizer: 2/7

1st: 3.036
2nd: 2.061
3rd: 1.539
4th: 1.208
5th: 0.988
6th: 0.859
Final: 3.829
Auto: 9

Downforce: 30/15

LSD Initial Torque: 5
LSD Acceleration: 45
LSD Deceleration: 15

AIDS Off

Well, this project is finally closed, the car was built specifically for this, so don't expect it to be enjoyable to drive or good on other tracks, hope you enjoyed the challenge.
I need to set myself another target now.

Last edited:
Nicely presented, sir :applause:.

I know from how long it takes me to put a build up at ETZ the amount of work is involved to gather in the photography, upload it and link it and then add the write up that makes sense of it all.

First of all, Congratulations on making your own garage :cheers: The beginning is very good so far. There's nothing to complain about. Well done!

Nicely presented, sir :applause:.

Yes, that's the second point.. The presentation itself is very good.. First, writing about the car in stock, then some pictures.. Then showing slight improvements and writing down some lap times.. And then the final round: Presenting the car when tuned, with nice pictures and everything.. Also, telling us how you got to the name is a nice idea.. 👍

I wish you all the best and that your garage'll become very famous and that your tuning skills will improve from tune to tune. Thanks.

EDIT: And also be sure I'll review that nice little car ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you be interested to see what laptimes others can produce ?, I love driving and reviewing cars for others (The duo at MFT can vouch for me)similar to that of Best Motoring and Hot Version, and I'm looking for something to do this afternoon and this sounds like a way to kill some time 👍

If so, would it be alright if I made minor adjustments if needed ? (i.e. softer dampers, different ride height, etc) as sometimes minor adjustments are needed per-driver

Cool, some more fresh blood on the scene! I'll be getting my GT4 back soon, so I'll add this to my list of "to-drive"👍

This seems very promising, I must say.:)

Would you be interested to see what laptimes others can produce ?, I love driving and reviewing cars for others (The duo at MFT can vouch for me)similar to that of Best Motoring and Hot Version, and I'm looking for something to do this afternoon and this sounds like a way to kill some time 👍

If so, would it be alright if I made minor adjustments if needed ? (i.e. softer dampers, different ride height, etc) as sometimes minor adjustments are needed per-driver

yeah defenately... I'd love to see if anyone can improve and maybe break that 1 minute barrier.
I'm a big fan of the Best Motoring programs and I've been watching loads of VTEC club, which is why I tried this out.

Last edited:
not a bad setting and times, but i would stiffen the suspension more.

for that car, and the dc2 i run F:16 and R:18 with a short stroke damper set up. try it out, might work out for you.

I will try it out, you should see what time you can do on Tsukuba on S3s as well with your cars so at least i can compare, I might be slow compared to some good tuners.

As I somewhat pride myself on my FFs...

Try going to something to the effect of 12.0/6.0 or so spring rates coupled with 1-2/7 sway bars and see where it puts the car. I have extreme success bringing out oversteer with this style of setup, so it should be quicker. Bring rear springs up in stiffness to reduce oversteer.

As I somewhat pride myself on my FFs...

Try going to something to the effect of 12.0/6.0 or so spring rates coupled with 1-2/7 sway bars and see where it puts the car. I have extreme success bringing out oversteer with this style of setup, so it should be quicker. Bring rear springs up in stiffness to reduce oversteer.

By the looks of it i might like that setup, i generally prefer more body roll, ill give this a try now.

Last edited:
Well I gave it my best but could only produce a 1'02.97 at the second lap, after that I either made a mistake in shifting or wheelspin kicked like a b*tch, Then I made some minor adjustments to the car but it wasn't any faster, about 1'02.1xx was the average.

The suspension setup is nice, I would suggest something like RJ said, stiff front and a softer rear to envoke a more oversteer-biased feeling to help the driver feel more confident in the corners and not worry about losing traction up front.

The wheelspin though definitely needs some work, The transmission setup could be changed a bit, the shorter ratios invokes a good part of the wheelspin, they should be lengthened so you can keep your foot down and produce power in gear longer instead of constantly shifting and re-inviting wheelspin to ruin the run

I think this is as fast as a EG will go (unless one of the drivers at the top of the WRS decides to try...)

But to break the 1-min barrier in a FF in GT4, I think a Integra (DC2 or DC5) will be the best bet, maybe even a SRT-4 if it doesn't end up with too much wheelspin

But either way you have to remember, GT4 doesn't do FF's any justice really, they're much better in real life than in the game, so it might not be possible on S3's

Well I gave it my best but could only produce a 1'02.97 at the second lap, after that I either made a mistake in shifting or wheelspin kicked like a b*tch, Then I made some minor adjustments to the car but it wasn't any faster, about 1'02.1xx was the average.

The suspension setup is nice, I would suggest something like RJ said, stiff front and a softer rear to envoke a more oversteer-biased feeling to help the driver feel more confident in the corners and not worry about losing traction up front.

The wheelspin though definitely needs some work, The transmission setup could be changed a bit, the shorter ratios invokes a good part of the wheelspin, they should be lengthened so you can keep your foot down and produce power in gear longer instead of constantly shifting and re-inviting wheelspin to ruin the run

I think this is as fast as a EG will go (unless one of the drivers at the top of the WRS decides to try...)

But to break the 1-min barrier in a FF in GT4, I think a Integra (DC2 or DC5) will be the best bet, maybe even a SRT-4 if it doesn't end up with too much wheelspin

But either way you have to remember, GT4 doesn't do FF's any justice really, they're much better in real life than in the game, so it might not be possible on S3's

Did you try the old setup?
I went out again after taking RJ and jgds suggestions and the car is better. Make sure you don't use 2nd, I made it so that 3rd would need only some throttle modulation.
But I'm really glad you tried it, thanks.

If you want fast FF that is also enjoyable to drive, look no further than Ford Focus ST170. if my memory serves, the one I did for on of the tuner challenges gave many other cars a run for their money. :sly:

Front spring rate seems to stiff, increasing understeer. There's no toe either, with -2 front toe could help.

You shoudl also use full customizable LSD, increase front stabilizers and reduce rear stabilizers, reduce front bound or increase rear bound and rebound. That should help with wheelspin and understeer, if there is at least.

You shoudl also use full customizable LSD, increase front stabilizers and reduce rear stabilizers, reduce front bound or increase rear bound and rebound. That should help with wheelspin and understeer, if there is at least.

Have you tried the car?

Toe doesn't suit my driving style, I much prefer having neutral turn in, plus in this type of car I need to carry the most amount of speed around a turn.

Did you try the old setup?
I went out again after taking RJ and jgds suggestions and the car is better. Make sure you don't use 2nd, I made it so that 3rd would need only some throttle modulation.
But I'm really glad you tried it, thanks.

Yes, I tried the old setup first and then added a few changes (which caused it to be slower but more controllable)

And I did take the advice of staying out of second, but I still had wheelspin in 3rd and couldn't fully accelerate.

Try experimenting with different Transmission settings, that should help the wheel spin, and then a full LSD like the guys above suggested would be a good way to go to help cornering be more usefull

Front spring rate seems to stiff, increasing understeer. There's no toe either, with -2 front toe could help.

FWDs in GT4 don't always follow the rules of the stiffer end having less grab. Stiff rear springs on a FWD will result in understeer.

Have you tried the car?

Toe doesn't suit my driving style, I much prefer having neutral turn in, plus in this type of car I need to carry the most amount of speed around a turn.

This reminds me. Positive 2 toe on the rear will help. Further, go a bit softer up front and a LOT softer out back from where it is.

Yes, I tried the old setup first and then added a few changes (which caused it to be slower but more controllable)

And I did take the advice of staying out of second, but I still had wheelspin in 3rd and couldn't fully accelerate.

Try experimenting with different Transmission settings, that should help the wheel spin, and then a full LSD like the guys above suggested would be a good way to go to help cornering be more usefull

I will experiment with Transmission, but I'm worried that if i lengthen 3rd too much I will be way under the power band in the hairpins, 3rd is almost too long already yet still giving some wheel spin, but I'll see if I can make it better, thanks.

As for the LSD, I've never worked with a variable LSD so it may take a while to setup and I'm working with other projects, but I think a little more stiffness is needed on acceleration for turn 6 (the one after the Dunlop corner), and coming out of the last corner.

I tried a few more laps with an ever so slightly longer 3rd gear, theres still wheelspin, i just needs to be controlled. But did a 1:01.664, only a fraction quicker, but quicker.

I'm really grateful about all the suggestions that you guys have given me, I've managed to shave 0.8 seconds because of it. So, Thank you.

I'm going to close this project for now, I'm really happy with the setup and with the lap time I have achieved and I don't think the car can be pushed any further, maybe in the hands of a better driver.

If anyone wants to try and improve it themselves, or better yet create an FF car which can break the 1 minute barrier on S3s that would be awesome. I've got a couple of projects coming.

I've update the 333 setup.

Project: NA GT

27th April 2009

Nearly all the cars that I tune are turbo monsters because its relatively cheap ad you get masses amount of power, but the more I drive NA cars the more I love them, the smooth power, high revs, I’m obsessed with pushing the revs as high as I can go.
I wanted to create a NA car that could hang with the best and to achieve that there is only one word VTEC (well sort of one word). Many people have built extremely good NA S2000s and I thought about tuning one, round Tsukuba a good S2000 would out perform a good NSX. But I wanted to build a car, which was quick, all round, in harsher conditions like Nurburgring or in the wet.
So I bought a Honda NSX-R.
I like giving myself targets and the perfect target for me was being quicker than an Amuse S2000 GT1, purely because it’s Turbo and an S2000.
So lets look at the Amuse S2000 GT1:

510hp, 1180kg of perfectly tuned machinery.
I did some time attack sessions with it and managed these times:
Nurburgring: 6:48.377
Tsukuba Wet: 1:06.084
If anyone wants to improve those lap times running on stock settings and S3 tyres, please do.

Now time to get some stock lap times for the NSX-R.
The car was on 295hp and N3 tyres.
Nurburgring: 7:55.769
Tsukuba Wet: 1:08.301
The stock times for the NSX-R are very good, the lack in power means I’ve got a lot to make up at Nurburgring but at Tsukuba Wet only 2 seconds separates it from an Amuse GT1.
Instead of starting with chassis and suspension first like I did with the Civic 333, I’m going to work on power first, so I’ve installed a Racing Exhaust and the engine has had some work like Port Polish, Balancing and Racing Chip. I also mounted some S3s on Super Advans. I want to see how much difference does power make in these conditions.

One lap of Nurburgring and I’m already in love, the S3s tyres really bring out the amazing suspension this car comes with and the little power tweak to 330hp makes such a difference.
Nurburgring: 7:24.089

Now off to Tsukuba Wet.
There’s less difference here, the Semi-slick tyres don’t make much of an impact and the extra power is hard to put down, but the car is a little quicker.
Tsukuba Wet: 1:07.301

I think it’s time to break down the car and max it out, send the engine to Spoon for a Stage 3 NA, and order suspension and brake parts.
From 1270kg the weight was decreased to () with a roll cage. Power shot up to 461hp. This car is essentially a JGTC for the road now.
As usual I’m going to test all settings as stock with the new parts and downforce at 20/20.

Warning: This car is seriously fast. I’m absolutely amazed. The power, instant acceleration and control of this car are so amazing. It’s scary to drive flat out round Nurburgring. There’s oversteer off power, which is to be expected so you have to be careful and brake in a straight line and keep the power on through those high speed corners or the car will seriously unsettle.
But the time was already faster than the Amuse GT1 with a good 6:46.052, getting close to my personal best with a car on S3s.

Now I’m going to tune the car to make it easier to drive flat out in these bumpy conditions and I think the softer suspension will suit wet surfaces as well. I also changed the wheels for some Enkeis, I prefer white wheels on this yellow.

28th April 2009

I changed some suspension settings, spring rates very similar, but increased camber and made it 2.3/2.3 and put +1 toe at the back, I also lowered the ride height to 90mm. Went back out and wasn't impressed car was less responsive and less grip too. I think there wasn't enough suspension travel, so I'm going to raise it a bit and go back to 0 toe. and see how that goes.

More suspension tweaks, changed the camber to 2.2/2.2, toe back to 0, sway bars both to 4 and dampers all down to 7. I also raised the ride height. Did another run, the car is now responsive again and have better grip. On an attack lap I did a 6:44.912.

I will do a few more runs and try to break the 6:40 barrier. Now, on this kind of track, it's more up to my driving skill and lack of small mistakes round a lap to get a good lap.

It's not complete but here is the car, you will noticed how I've tried to keep the handling as balanced as possible:

Honda NSX-R GT Balang Project

Please purchase every part for the car and setup the settings exactly, comments and criticism are very welcome.

Parts:

Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Stage 3 NA
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Fully Customizable Transmission
Racing Clutch
Racing Flywheel
1.5 Way LSD
Racing Suspension
Sports Soft S3
Stage 3 Weight
Roll Cage (Stiffness)

Wing

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring Rate: 13.0/9.5
Ride Height: 95/95
Damper Bounce: 7/7
Damper Rebound: 7/7
Camber Angle: 2.4/2.4
Toe Angle: 0/0
Stabilizer: 4/4

Transmission:

1st: 3.318
2nd: 2.164
3rd: 1.592
4th: 1.226
5th: 0.983
6th: 0.831
Final: 4.235
Auto: 13

Brake Balance: 18/18

Downforce: 30/30

AIDS off

Last edited:
Like how your latest project is going, hopefully the setups your gonna change will hopefully make it better, although, you have to bear in mind the suspension is ultimately a key aprt of the car and the toe angle is reasonably important too.

I gave your EG some lap around Tsukuba and found it to be a nice set-up. I also played around with the setting and was able to drop the car's time by a good .300 with the below changes.

Damper Bounce - 6, 4
Damper Rebound - 8, 7
Toe - -1, 0
Brake Balance 6, 10

I also tried some different car with about the same HP to see if I could do a sub 1 minute lap with that HP. The car I found that did the deed is a 339 hp N/A stage 2 Alfa GT 3.2 in 59.818.

I gave your EG some lap around Tsukuba and found it to be a nice set-up. I also played around with the setting and was able to drop the car's time by a good .300 with the below changes.

Damper Bounce - 6, 4
Damper Rebound - 8, 7
Toe - -1, 0
Brake Balance 6, 10

I also tried some different car with about the same HP to see if I could do a sub 1 minute lap with that HP. The car I found that did the deed is a 339 hp N/A stage 2 Alfa GT 3.2 in 59.818.

Nice one, i think the EG just isn't up to it.

Like how your latest project is going, hopefully the setups your gonna change will hopefully make it better, although, you have to bear in mind the suspension is ultimately a key aprt of the car and the toe angle is reasonably important too.

Yeah, little mods in suspension make such a difference in this MR car, I've been playing with damper settings alot too, and noticed that with low damping the car would obviously bump around more but also felt alot more direct, while high damping was much less direct yet easier to drive because of the smooth ride...

Also an OKish lap I did a 6:39.996, need to work on it a bit more and then get in a killer lap to finish it.

Latest Posts

Back