Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
How does the tuned cars stack up against the road cars on HSR? I've not experimented trying to fit them into the 650 class enough to know how they run.

I haven't tested between any other 2 apart from the Corvettes, the Tuned Corvette is probably just under a second faster at HSR, however due to the fact it's a lot easier to drive it sets far more consistent lap times and can average laps as much as a second faster every lap in a race.

Nice to see you back in the tuning business Dragonistic. 👍 Nice touch with the RVT on the NSX-R. :) So, was it a friendly merge or a hostile takeover? :P :lol:

Hostile, with big guns and crazy ninja outfits!:lol:

I was wondering more about the full laptimes themselves. There will obviously be differences in how the cars reach that time, but overall, which comes out best.

Clio / Tuned, 111R / Tuned and NSX-R all run well under 1'10 at HSR with large numbers of drivers.

The 'next group' of cars (those running about 1'10 with many drivers) is huge.

I think tire comfort is a big deal here, by that I mean this:
A driver comfortable (and therefore quick) on S tires may be more likely choose a Tuned car.
Someone who is not comfortable on S tires may be more likely to choose a normal car on Rs.

Nice to see you back in the tuning business Dragonistic. 👍 Nice touch with the RVT on the NSX-R. :) So, was it a friendly merge or a hostile takeover? :P :lol:
Hey Dragonistic! Nice to see you back in the tuning world! 👍 TLD is going to be a force to be reckoned with :D 👍

Thanks x2

Hostile, with big guns and crazy ninja outfits!:lol:

And working reverse lights... what? Some people make a big deal about them :sly:

Clio / Tuned, 111R / Tuned and NSX-R all run well under 1'10 at HSR with large numbers of drivers.

The 'next group' of cars (those running about 1'10 with many drivers) is huge.

I think tire comfort is a big deal here, by that I mean this:
A driver comfortable (and therefore quick) on S tires may be more likely choose a Tuned car.
Someone who is not comfortable on S tires may be more likely to choose a normal car on Rs.

A good theory, I was just wondering because in previous events of similar PP levels the Viper, Vette and others in there tuned forms were dominated by the above 3 suspects and the Imprezas as well.

The NSX released above is definately under the 1:10 barrier and I've recently started getting it into the low 1:09s myself as a not to brilliant G25 player. Still haven't quite got used to driving on the wheel but my set ups still work :)

Surprisingly to me, AWD cars haven't fared well at all at HSR in this event. I thought there would be lots of them, as the previous event at HSR was 600pp AWD.

And, p.s., add the M3 to the NSX-R bracket of well under 10. Forgot that one first time around.

Surprisingly to me, AWD cars haven't fared well at all at HSR in this event. I thought there would be lots of them, as the previous event at HSR was 600pp AWD.

And, p.s., add the M3 to the NSX-R bracket of well under 10. Forgot that one first time around.

Maybe it's because AWD cars in real life have much more understeer than RWD cars and traction is not as vital at HSR.

Maybe it's because AWD cars in real life have much more understeer than RWD cars and traction is not as vital at HSR.

Yeah, the slow bit of HSR is ~75 MPH, not really worth the weight and friction of AWD.

I just thought with the previous event being 600pp AWD, there would be lots of folks adding the 50pp and having at it.

On that note, I will be open for 1 request on a first come first serve basis to be tuned and tailored to your wants and needs. First request will be tuned to the best of my abilities. Just give me a car, PP limit, track and any other notes you'd like when taking into account your order.

No takers? I'm only going to let this go for the rest of the day, after that I'm moving on to my own projects and the offer will end.

TLD Mitsubishi Lancer Ascension
(317kw) (405Nm) (1198kg) (600 PP)

06.mitsubishi.evo9.front.corner.500.jpg

Performance:

Power: +38
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-29
Spring Rate: 6/6
Damper: 3/5
Toe: -0.20/-0.30
Camber: 2.2/1.4

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.040
2nd: 1.867
3rd: 1.415
4th: 1.119
5th: 0.915
6th: 0.763
Final: 3.965

Description: TLD's Lancer Ascension promises the next step after evoloution, by ascending to a higher state of being. Packing a V8 scaring power punch, and a lightweight body TLD has tuned this Evo for track competition. When we first got it, the car was ugly, understeered and had a lack of flare around corners to make it exciting. Unfortunately, it's still ugly, but the understeer is essentially gone, and it's a little more exciting in the corners, allowing you to fling it around with vigour. Enjoy.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Daytona Road Course
Fuji Speedway

Tuner's Notes:
Use a bit of lift-off oversteer to get the car turning around the corner then get on the power as early as possible
Rev it to fuel cut-out, power keeps going up

Last edited:
Thanks!👍 Can I wait untill the new update to come to see what track? It should come on the 30th or around then. I'm looking at having an absolute weapon for the 550pp races. I hope it is Daytona road - but you never know :yuck:
If you can't, I'll conjure up a recepie tomorrow:)👍

Thanks!👍 Can I wait untill the new update to come to see what track? It should come on the 30th or around then. I'm looking at having an absolute weapon for the 550pp races. I hope it is Daytona road - but you never know :yuck:
If you can't, I'll conjure up a recepie tomorrow:)👍

I'll get to work on that class over the coming week and yes I'll give you the luxury of waiting until the event update before you decide what car you want. I'll just start experimenting around that area of cars to see whats good and what's not.

Just post it here after the event update with the specifics you want, don't worry if you no longer want 550PP I'm happy to do something different if you wish.

In the mean time, I'll be releasing an old favourite from my old tuning garage later on today before going to work on his little brother as my next project.

I'll get to work on that class over the coming week and yes I'll give you the luxury of waiting until the event update before you decide what car you want. I'll just start experimenting around that area of cars to see whats good and what's not.

Just post it here after the event update with the specifics you want, don't worry if you no longer want 550PP I'm happy to do something different if you wish.

In the mean time, I'll be releasing an old favourite from my old tuning garage later on today before going to work on his little brother as my next project.

Thanks alot:tup:

hey... guys can anyone help me out a little.. with a Citroen C4 Coupe '05 (550p)

Do a review of one of our cars first please, and I'll be happy to tune anything you like.:) Another thing to consider is the event update coming this Friday. You may not get any use out of a car if we tune it now.

Last edited:
My work may be somewhat blunted for a few days seeing I just got back after crashing my motorbike. This has left me a little stiff but I haven't tried to use my G25 yet so we shall see.

Wet roads + sports tyres = not good.

80Y2C2
the one on the previous page is the one referred to.Feel sure if you put your bins on you'll notice it does notsay which model ,so i asked .Can't really see what its got to do with you anyway as it's not your tune.I'm sure the author can answer a query on his own.........

80Y2C2
the one on the previous page is the one referred to.Feel sure if you put your bins on you'll notice it does notsay which model ,so i asked .Can't really see what its got to do with you anyway as it's not your tune.I'm sure the author can answer a query on his own.........

If you're referring to the Evo, thing about Prologue is there's only 2 Evos in it, and it's clearly an Evo IX pictured. 80Y 2C2 was only trying to be helpful.👍

Edit: OOOHH, now I get it. Normally if it's the Tuned version, I'll say it is or use a picture of one with aero packages on it and what not.

Last edited:
80Y2C2

Were you asking if the Evo set up was for a Tuned version or not? If you were then no it's the normal Evo IX from Mistubishi not the GT tuned one.

To follow the same trend, yes the NSX is tuned for HSR but was originally set up on Suzuka, I then tweaked it to fit HSR.

In other news I apolagise for not posting the promised Viper/T set up, but my accident had me pretty much lying down most of the day. However I decided to prove the suspensions versatility, I ran the car in the S-7 single player event tweaking the PP and gearing to suit (note: it was a suspension tuned on Suzuka, which has now ran successfully on HSR and Fuji as well), and came 2nd first race with mistakes, and first the next with a few small erroes (on pro physics of course).

I also have the replay of that S-7 run, just incase anyones interested, I'll post the replay up along with set ups for both S-7 and 650PP (with other PP settings added to fit the upcoming update).

Hope you get well soon from your accident Dragonistic.👍 If the events are good this Friday, I'll definitely try and get out to make some new tunes for everyone.:)

In case you hadn't guessed, TLD is also fully open again, including to request cars (review still required for request cars).👍:D

Hope you get well soon from your accident Dragonistic.👍 If the events are good this Friday, I'll definitely try and get out to make some new tunes for everyone.:)

Thanks, I'll also be at work with the new rules and regs provided by the event update, I'm just hoping for 750PP or something to break up the <650PP trend. Hoping for 550, 650, 750.

I'll try using my wheel again today but my bruising is becoming worse, that didn't stop me golding S7 on pro using my sixaxis though!

80Y2C2

Sorry, my mistake - I thought you were asking if there were any tunes for the evo - not which one it's for:ouch:

Sorry, my mistake - I thought you were asking if there were any tunes for the evo - not which one it's for:ouch:

An easy mistake to make, the question wasn't all that clear in my opinion. I hope we have answered the question correctly at some point though, if not please rephrase and make it a bit clearer for us KILLMIXIT.

My Evo IX is such an improvement over stock, isn't anyone out there willing to try it?:( I'm rather proud of the car.

My Evo IX is such an improvement over stock, isn't anyone out there willing to try it?:( I'm rather proud of the car.

I have to agree, the IX normally is an understeering yawn mobile, it's much more interesting with your numbers on it :) I actually enjoyed it unlike the normal IX.

I'd recommend it, particularly for beginners to Daytona Road.

nice to see inclusion of NSX-R (HSR spec.) to your garage !! I'll test it before change of online events for sure..nice to see an addition of next tuner to your crew Paulie, I bet both of you can give all the racers some nice tunes.. keep up the good work!! cheers!

Last edited:
Back