Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
nice to see inclusion of NSX-R (HSR spec.) to your garage !! I'll test it before change of online events for sure..nice to see a addition of next tuner to your crew Paulie, I bet both of you can give all the racers some nice tunes.. keep up the good work!! cheers!

Thanks for the compliments mr_geez.👍 A review of Dragonistic's NSX would be awesome, I just hired him and I want him to feel wanted in his new position which would've been hard if nobody took notice of his first tune here.:sly:

Thanks for the compliments mr_geez.👍 A review of Dragonistic's NSX would be awesome, I just hired him and I want him to feel wanted in his new position which would've been hard if nobody took notice of his first tune here.:sly:

Make that a thanks x2 Mr_Geez

I would love some feedback as well, I'm expecting mixed opinions on this particular car, as it's aimed at more of a niche then mass market if you will.

As promised the Viper/Tuned set up will be released in the next hour, sets for both S-7 and 650PP AND 750PP when the tyres aren't restricted.

LDP-R Viper RVT10/Tuned
(444bhp) (537ft-lbs) (1066kg) (750 PP All)
(494bhp) (551ft-lbs) (1066kg) (749 PP S-7 & S-10)
(385bhp) (556ft-lbs) (1066kg) (700 PP)
(574bhp) (583ft-lbs) (1066kg) (800 PP)

RVT10.jpg

Performance:

Power: -19 -9 -33 +5
Weight: 85% (All)
Tyres: R3/R3 R1/R1 R1/R1 R3/R3
Aerodynamics: 20/34 20/35 17/28 20/34

Settings:

Suspension: (Same for all)
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rates: 7/5
Damper: 6/7
Toe: -0.25/+0.17
Camber: 2.6/1.4

Brake Balance: 4/6

Max Turn Angle: 40 (WHEEL users may wish to change this to 50)

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios: 5 Speed 4 Speed 800PP Gearing
1st: 2.308 2.308 2.660
2nd: 1.588 1.588 1.780
3rd: 1.193 1.193 1.372
4th: 0.937 0.937 1.072
5th: 0.751 0.751 0.844
6th: 0.596 N/A
Final: 3.090 2.600 2.755
Shift at 5500-6000RPM
Shift at 5500-6000RPM
Shift at 5000-5500RPM
Shift at 5750-6250

Description:
Proving that an old dog can be taught new tricks, this suspension set up was perfected a long time ago and nothing has changed since RVT originally set this up on the Vipers custom race springs. Other additions from the standard Viper are a new engine management system which allows the car to lose power to fit race regulations whilst maintaining HUGE torque low down particularly. This means the car can be shortshifted with minimal speed loss and infact benefits the 650PP set up using it's 4 speed gearbox, due to the large reduction in power, but huge wave of torque still present. This American torque monster has also undergone a massive weight loss program to cancel out the big V10 up front, this includes use of a lighter materials for the exterior body panels, and a reworked and stiffened chassis using high tech materials such as carbon fibre. The main aim of the car has always been a stable, consistent racer, for this reason the downforce is always run at maximum with the high power settings and power is often sacrificed to make way for better tyres and/or high downforce. This car is a perfect example of a good solid set up that will work on almost any course, the suspension is set up to allow the car to have great turn in and good overall cornering speed, whilst taming the mighty torque and power with use of higher gears then normal tuned Viper often providing the greatest exit speed by allowing you to put your foot flat to the floor early without setting the tyres alight.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Pretty much anywhere on all set ups.

Tuner's Notes:
We’ve given you 2 options for gearing, 4 speed and 5 speed. The 4 speed gives great traction, easy driving and ultimately more consistency, using the huge wave of torque you can pull out of most bends accept hairpins in 2nd gear or higher (anything above 50mph) allowing you to happily jam the throttle and be thrusted out by pure torque.

We recommend 4 gears for the 700 PP set up as 1st will still pull you out of most turns without bogging you down. The S class 750 PP set ups accept both with no compromise, you can still spin up the tyres in 1st if you provoke it. The R3 750PP set up may bog down on launch, losing you roughly half a second from a standing start to 60 but providing an easier time through the rest of a lap.
Both gearboxes come with an overdrive gear incase of prolonged slipstreaming.

Both gear sets run similar lap times at 750PP, the 4 speed being slightly quicker in 700 PP trim.
The 750PP set ups are overall much stronger in their class, the normal 750PP set up has proven very successful on Suzuka, Fuji, Daytona Road AND HSR before. The S class 750 set up has won both golds on pro physics for S-7 and S-10 (partly due to favourable grid but I was still running fastest lap times on the track) however the car still runs less power then the AI are, and for this reason you MUST take advantage in the corners and overtake quickly and efficiently. The cars are running at 749PP purely to maintain the max downforce and absolute minimum weight, this is not done in the intention of gaining grid spots online however it is an advantage I'm not complaining about.

Oh and this is still a front engine, rear wheel drive car, so you will still hang the tail out if you’re to throttle happy, not to mention that engine is a 8.3L V10.

700PP Note: Driver may wish to trade in downforce for power or R2 tyres.

Last edited:
Looking good Dragonistic, the tracks of Gran Turismo aren't the same when one of your Vipers aren't racing around them somewhere.:)

And now, the notes have been added and after further testing of the 4 speed gearbox, it has become optional to the driver whether to select 4 or 5 gear set ups (both with an extra gear for slipstreaming depending on the track). It's also very easy to swap between the two different gearboxes because only the final gear needs adjusting.

Hey Paulie,

Just wanted to say a big thanks 👍
for the Audi R8 and Ferrari F40 Suzuka 650 tunes.

Both tunes are great. With the F40, I am doing low 2'10s to high
2'09's--it's incredibly stable, a real pleasure to drive.

Also, the R8, is even more stable. I just won a pretty
competitive race with a couple of NTSC GTP tagged drivers with
it. I was easily able to crank out low 2'08's and an occasional high 2'07 with it.
Not a hint of drama anywhere. Another real pleasure to drive.

My laptimes are nothing special, but they are much better than
they would have otherwise been thanks to you, my friend.

Really great tunes Paulie,

Thanks again 👍 :cheers:

Is there a tune for the 800PP Daytona race with the Tuned Vette and/or GT-LM?

Nope.

Hey Paulie,

Just wanted to say a big thanks 👍
for the Audi R8 and Ferrari F40 Suzuka 650 tunes.

Both tunes are great. With the F40, I am doing low 2'10s to high
2'09's--it's incredibly stable, a real pleasure to drive.

Also, the R8, is even more stable. I just won a pretty
competitive race with a couple of NTSC GTP tagged drivers with
it. I was easily able to crank out low 2'08's and an occasional high 2'07 with it.
Not a hint of drama anywhere. Another real pleasure to drive.

My laptimes are nothing special, but they are much better than
they would have otherwise been thanks to you, my friend.

Really great tunes Paulie,

Thanks again 👍 :cheers:

Thanks for driving my tunes and the lovely compliments.:dopey: Good to hear you're enjoying the tunes so much.:) (If you're after more 650 PP Suzuka tunes, I think Dragonistic's NSX-R works there too.:))

Have no fear, later today I have 4 650PP set ups to come later today and tomorrow. A Viper on R1s for the GTP event, an Amuse/Opera 350Z, an Evo IX/Tuned AND a BMW M3 tuned to feel almost like an MR car, complete with lift off oversteer.

TLD NSX Type-RVT
(274kw) (372Nm) (1079kg) (650 PP)

tunesheet_nsx.gif

Hi Paulie(long time no talk) and Dragonistic(welcome to the shop).

I have just tried this tune around HSR and Suzuka. I personally absolutely love it, you have actually made this car controllable for me, that is more of an accomplishment than you think :sly: hehe
I have never liked this car mainly because of my inability to drive it but now I can actually be competitive in it. Throttle control is important as always in an MR but the tail is more than controllable.

Great service as always 👍

Hi Paulie(long time no talk) and Dragonistic(welcome to the shop).

I have just tried this tune around HSR and Suzuka. I personally absolutely love it, you have actually made this car controllable for me, that is more of an accomplishment than you think :sly: hehe
I have never liked this car mainly because of my inability to drive it but now I can actually be competitive in it. Throttle control is important as always in an MR but the tail is more than controllable.

Great service as always 👍

Excellent, glad you liked it. I had a similar dislike for the car during my first attempts with it, I really wanted to enjoy it because I love the styling so I decided to make it enjoyable for me and hopefully some others to. It's great to know it's been achieved, which is why feedback is so important for us!

Thanks for the feedback BaldurKn :)

No Daytona set ups :( Some of us enjoy the +200 MPH sustained speeds ;) Sure, setting up gear is relatively easy, but keeping corner speeds up as high as possible is what it's all about.

Oh well, thanks Paulie, I know you're not an oval guy.

Can't wait for this!! 👍

It's been a while coming already.:dunce::lol: I have to be in the right mood to do a drift car.:sly:

I also have an Integra coming for 550 PP HSR. It's only using S3 tyres (I don't tyre stagger), should be around in a couple hours.👍

Hehe, no worries :) Can't wait to try out that Integra, too (I have yet to purchase some of the more expensive cars on offer :P)

I have decided.

Ok, what I want is a 550PP weapon to be good on the big three tracks (DR, Fuji and Suzuka) but mainly Suzuka. This weapon will be in the shape of...an.....

F40.

It'll have to be on N3 tyres but under 550PP restrictions, you can put down 4**Hp and 12**KG (there's no way you can put it on S tyres). There is something iffy with the power when you lower it - at some point, the HP goes down but the PP doesnt. Stock setup, it can be a real handful and what I'd really like is alot (no, like really) of turn-in grip under braking, less tendancy to have the back step out on high speed corners and have it to have traces of the chuckability you can get from the elise tuned.

It's a hard one I know. Get it wrong, it'll be my little toy. Get it right, I intend to set up an online race with it.

Good Luck:tup:

I have decided.

Ok, what I want is a 550PP weapon to be good on the big three tracks (DR, Fuji and Suzuka) but mainly Suzuka. This weapon will be in the shape of...an.....

F40.

It'll have to be on N3 tyres but under 550PP restrictions, you can put down 4**Hp and 12**KG (there's no way you can put it on S tyres). There is something iffy with the power when you lower it - at some point, the HP goes down but the PP doesnt. Stock setup, it can be a real handful and what I'd really like is alot (no, like really) of turn-in grip under braking, less tendancy to have the back step out on high speed corners and have it to have traces of the chuckability you can get from the elise tuned.

It's a hard one I know. Get it wrong, it'll be my little toy. Get it right, I intend to set up an online race with it.

Good Luck:tup:

Well you have certainly thrown down the gauntlet for me there! Honestly I can't see a car on N tyres being competitive at 550PP but I haven't really experimented with the class so we shall see.

TLD BMW M3
(352kw) (418Nm) (1406kg) (650 PP)

Performance:

Power: +10
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1/R1

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rates: 8/7
Damper: 4/7
Toe: +0.10/-0.10
Camber: 1.5/0.9

Brake Balance: 6/5

Max Turn Angle: 40

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.380
2nd: 2.197
3rd: 1.630
4th: 1.263
5th: 1.032
6th: 0.869
Final: 3.895

Description:
The classy beamer might not look as agressive as it's rivals, but don't be fooled this means business. Aiming to create a super responsive car, we here at TLD have given it some hard compound slicks, a new free breathing exhaust and engine management system and new suspension. This all contributes to an almost MR feeling car which you can happily chuck about all day long and still run fast times. Enjoy this one, it won't be beating any Clios but it's still pretty darn quick!

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
This car handles curiously for an FR car, and should be treated almost like an MR in some respects, such as 130R you want to be on the gas all the way through so slow down in a straight line, then slam the gas and turn in to avoid sliding.
Be careful, this isn't a car for the feint of heart.

Well you have certainly thrown down the gauntlet for me there! Honestly I can't see a car on N tyres being competitive at 550PP but I haven't really experimented with the class so we shall see.

Yeah I know :lol: You'd have to do such a suspension job to get me 10-15 seconds better per lap - but I intend for there to be a specialsed online race with this car - so everybody has this tune.👍

I'm so generous :lol:

Yeah I know :lol: You'd have to do such a suspension job to get me 10-15 seconds better per lap - but I intend for there to be a specialsed online race with this car - so everybody has this tune.👍

I'm so generous :lol:

I had a hard time getting my F40 under 2:30 on Suzuka, nothing I do will stop this thing breaking the tyres loose at a pin drop when it's only on Ns.

Haha, yeah, mine was drifting all over the place - but it's so controlled when it does let go on Ns - unlike Ss. If it's too hard, let's have a 512BB instead, with the characteristics of a tuned elise (in the way it can be belted round the corners. It's got to be slightly tail happy but with a hulluva forward motion) and good turn-in grip under braking.
If it's not too hard, stick with the F40.

Good luck 👍

I have the F40 stable under braking, and rolling through the turn, but there is simply no way of stopping the tyres breaking loose under acceleration, it'll be the same for most RWD cars on Ns. I'll keep at the F40 for now.

I don't really mind that. It's got huge turbo lag, is light weight, packing 412hp, has a long gear ratio and is on rubbish tyres - it's bound to happen.

I just suppose I want it grippy(ish) and a bit chuckable in the bends - like the elise (maybe)

Well what I have is a stable turn in and stable all the way until you hit the gas, i've got the minimal amount of power I can manage in 650PP and thus minimum weight to get as close to what you're asking as possible, but the sheer power is always going to be to much to make it easy to drive like an Elise. I'll keep tweaking and adjusting as best I can over the next week. I have monday off college so should be able to get alot done then.

:lol:, you're one tough task master Nibbers.:D

Hehe, no worries :) Can't wait to try out that Integra, too (I have yet to purchase some of the more expensive cars on offer :P)

Unfortunately the Integra has been delayed until tomorrow again. By the time I got my computer back I had turned off my PS3.

Well what I have is a stable turn in and stable all the way until you hit the gas, i've got the minimal amount of power I can manage in 650PP and thus minimum weight to get as close to what you're asking as possible, but the sheer power is always going to be to much to make it easy to drive like an Elise. I'll keep tweaking and adjusting as best I can over the next week. I have monday off college so should be able to get alot done then.

Did you mean 550PP? On 550PP it should be something like 412hp with 90% weight and N3 tyres. I know it's not going to be god's greatest gift in the handling department, but it sounds like you've made some real ground around the corners. If someone has a smidgen of skill, they should be able to keep it wraped up on the straights anyway.
Please don't spend your whole day on it - I mean I'd like it to be done of course, but not at the cost of your free day. Enjoy yourself and do whatever you want.👍 :D 'avva good one!

TLD Integra Type-LS
(210kw) (255Nm) (1026kg) (550 PP)

2049214077_e94f9e014d.jpg

Performance:

Power: +25
Weight: 87%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rates: 8/3
Damper: 4/5
Toe: -0.10/-0.25
Camber: 1.4/0.8

Brake Balance: 5/7

Max Turn Angle: 45

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.294
2nd: 2.126
3rd: 1.628
4th: 1.298
5th: 1.050
6th: 0.856
Final: 4.400

Description: The Lion's Den's Honda Integra Type-LS (Lion's Spec) is far and away above the standard version in performance. We acquired the car many months ago, and until now it was collecting dust. We finally pulled it out of the garage and put it in the workshop and created a FWD monster. With 210kw of power, the chassis has been tuned to show almost no hint of the typical FWD problems associated with these power levels.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
High Speed Ring

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned almost to a point of instability for max turn
Make use of lift-off oversteer
No tyre staggering, not the way we do things here

Back