Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
Announcement
I tested my Evo IX at Fuji today and the setup remains exactly the same as Daytona Road, including gear ratios.:)

Second Announcement
Corvette C6 setup edited with 650 PP setup for Suzuka

Last edited:
TLD/NISMO 350Z Race Pack​
(289kw) (370Nm) (1261kg) (650 PP)​

post-39580-1175868996.jpg

Performance:

Power: +2
Weight: 87%
Tyres: R1
Downforce: 5/15

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -15/-14
Spring Rates: 6/4
Damper: 4/3
Toe: -0.12/-0.04
Camber: 1.7/1.3

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.206
2nd: 2.044
3rd: 1.563
4th: 1.250
5th: 1.028
6th: 0.876
Final: 3.735

Description: Finally The Lion's Den is designing performance parts for Japanese cars instead of handing them to others then applying our own setup and gearbox to make it handle/ The first product is this 289kw Race Pack 350Z. Although we have taken the aero kit from NISMO, the rest is all TLD. Its performance is blistering, should be a good start into the import market!

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox, if you need to use 6th gear I suggest you're running to close to your opponent into turn 1 and to back off to allow for the compression effect
Loads of traction, so get on the throttle
Rev it right through red-line, plenty of power there

Last edited:
TLD Mazda 6 Turbospeed
(222kw) (331Nm) (1249kg) (542 PP) (WRS 27 Tune)

tunesheet_mazda6.jpg

Performance:

Power: +60
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -40/-40
Spring Rates: 9/1
Damper: 3/2
Toe: -0.10/-0.40
Camber: 1.0/0.3

Brake Balance: 4/9

Max Turn Angle: 45

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.809
2nd: 1.771
3rd: 1.310
4th: 1.084
5th: 0.908
6th: 0.765
Final: 4.400

Description: With the Opel Insignia VXR on its way and looking fantastic, and Ford's Taurus SHO, it seems the world is quite interested in turbocharged mid-sized sedans at the moment. So we took the Mazda 6 and bolted a turbo up good for 222kw, even though Mazda wouldn't let us reset the rev limiter citing reasons about reliability and brand image or something, so the engine's full potential probably isn't realised. Either way, this family hauler is a real hauler alright!

Tracks Tuned For/On:
High Speed Ring

Tuner's Notes:
Rev it to fuel cut-out
Use lift-off oversteer
If anyone is interested in an online race gear setup please PM me

Last edited:
:tup:busy body:sly::)...on the weekend I will try - but now I have hit turbulence with yr12 assessments (y'know what it's like)

I'll have another go at the F40 this weekend and then I'll release it to you.

Also going to release my other 3 650PP tunes over the next few weeks rather then all at once, Paulies spoilt you all enough already :P

wey hey! Good luck - we all know you'll need it đź‘Ť
As I said, the 512BB is another alternative if needed.

Go forth and unleash 550PP alternativeness!

Well I've managed to get a car which is pretty controllable, even using my sixaxis I actually managed to complete laps consistently :lol:. Managed to get in a bit of oversteer on the brakes (not to much, very easy to control and good for Turn 1 of Suzuka) and the F40 understeer can be combatted with some very careful throttle inputs as it can still try to send you flying wide if braking hard and trying to turn (as would most cars on Ns!). Naturally lead foots will still spin up the tyres and end up drifting and even people who are quite light on the throttle can still spin those tyres with the power given, but controlling the car in a drift is pretty easy.

Well I've managed to get a car which is pretty controllable, even using my sixaxis I actually managed to complete laps consistently :lol:. Managed to get in a bit of oversteer on the brakes (not to much, very easy to control and good for Turn 1 of Suzuka) and the F40 understeer can be combatted with some very careful throttle inputs as it can still try to send you flying wide if braking hard and trying to turn (as would most cars on Ns!). Naturally lead foots will still spin up the tyres and end up drifting and even people who are quite light on the throttle can still spin those tyres with the power given, but controlling the car in a drift is pretty easy.

Sounds like you've done a great job. I am genuinley looking forward to this tune:tup:

Paulie, your tune for WRS 27 is fantastic. đź‘Ť The car is an absolute dream to drive with your tune, and it handles all the turns perfectly (I just have to get them right however) :lol: The lift off oversteer is perfect and it takes those esses brilliantly, great tune mate đź‘Ť

Sounds like you've done a great job. I am genuinley looking forward to this tune:tup:

You're going to get it tomorrow, I'm going to be a bit busy today until later when I won't be able to get online, so I'll try some final tweaks then and post tomorrow along with a 650PP Evo IX/T.

Yaaay...and just in time, an online race has been created for 550PP this car - but no tune. I'm going to try and pursuade them to make it a one tune race:tup:

Hey Paulie, don't ask why cause I'm not even sure. I was just bored at home and I remembered that I had drew this lion head years ago, and I decided to tweak it and make a plaque out of it, then I thought, why not throw TLD on it! I figure I have been enjoying your setups for a while now, so here is my token of appreciation, enjoy man!

TLD_LOGO.jpg

Nice plaque shawtyowner,đź‘Ť:) I'd much like to use it somewhere, but I don't know where or how.:confused:

Perhaps in future events held by TLD, if there are any.

Oh there will be, and good idea.:) Could be used as special awards or something in V8 Supercars International, drift events, and weekend track days...........none of which I have discussed with you yet.:dunce: We need to talk.:sly:

TLD Ferrari F40 2C2 Edition​
(307kw) (627Nm) (1216kg) (550 PP)​

F40_wp0_400.jpg

Performance:

Power: -21
Weight: 90%
Tyres: N3/N3
Downforce: N/A

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rates: 5/6
Damper: 7/8
Toe: -0.20/+0.35
Camber: 1.5/2.5

Brake Balance: 6/5

Max Turn Angle: 40

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.346
2nd: 1.902
3rd: 1.422
4th: 1.068
5th: 0.804
Final: 4.500

Description: The last car commisioned by the legendary Enzo Ferrari, a truly awesome piece of passion and mechanics. The F40 in it's day was far ahead of it's time, however in a world of 3 letter abbreviations (TCS, VCD, LSD, VVT anyone?) it's become overshadowed by faster, newer more technological cars. However, no amount of technology can get you away from that roaring V8 sitting just behind you, nor can technology give you the same experience, the same visceral feeling of being truly involved in the drive that the F40 gives by the bucket load.
Be careful, no fancy AWD systems here to save you when things go wrong.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Extreme care must be taken at all times, a car with this much power on such low grip tyres will break loose under even small amounts of throttle. However some tiny amounts of throttle can help you hold a small slide without breaking into a full drift to get around some corners at maximum speed.

The brake will help you turn into a small slide on Turn 1 as well, this effect is extremely helpful, just let the brake do most of the work and you won't need much steering inputs to get you into the second apex.

This car is by no means perfect, but it's a joy to drive at the expense of speed in this event, it's difficult to describe everything about this treasure of a car, you'll just have to try it yourself.

Good luck brave warriors.

looking very good - I'll try it as soon as I can (tommorrow afternoon).

Thanks alot - you'll be getting a full sized review đź‘Ť :)

EDIT: Is there anyway I can get my name in the title? :lol:

TLD Mitsubishi Evo Ascension HHP​
(245kw) (493Nm) (960kg) (650 PP)​

Performance:

Power: -6
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1/R1
Downforce: 10/20

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rates: 5/3
Damper: 5/5
Toe: -0.10/+0.05
Camber: 2.5/1.5

Brake Balance: 4/6

Max Turn Angle: 40

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.909
2nd: 1.944
3rd: 1.434
4th: 1.100
5th: 0.868
6th: 0.693
Final: 4.583

Description: Taking the Evolution as a base car, an already stable good handling car, allowed Paulie to do great things with a big drop in weight, some grippy sports tyres and new suspension. Now it's been taken one further using the /Tuned version and making an ultra stable, easy to drive easy to race car. Ultimate stability and ease of use was the aim here, and that has been achieved at the possible expense of speed, but fear not, this is no slouch. A massive weight loss program has brought weight under 1000kg, even with the addition of a full body kit and set of wings, front and rear. The suspension is a mid balance between stiff and soft, not to soft, this helps keep the car balanced and allow the weight to shift to help grip under braking and acceleration. The car has been deliberately set up to understeer under heavy throttle, so you can just jam the pedal to the floor on exit and keep it nice and smooth. HHP stands for Hardcore Handling Package, this includes the body kit, featherweight, new suspension, brakes and the hard compound racing slicks.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Seriously, I fear for your own driving if you can't keep this on the road. Extremely easy driving in this class, excellent brakes and cornering. Straight line speed lacks however which is the cars only major weakness.

Nice looking Evo Dragonistic.đź‘Ť If I get a chance I'd like to try it myself.:) (Nice touch on the name too :sly:). For anybody wondering it's based on the Evo IX/Tuned too. Also, Dragonistic, I put it in TLD-R.:)

I'd like to announce that it seems I will most unfortunately be out of action for a while. My wheel is getting less and less healthy (my 2nd under warranty), so I need to take it back, they need to send it away for testing to confirm it's faulty, before arranging a replacement. I HOPE it will take not much more than a week, but my faith in any sort of organisation involving electronics has been shaken plenty times enough already.:nervous:

I'd like to announce that it seems I will most unfortunately be out of action for a while. My wheel is getting less and less healthy (my 2nd under warranty), so I need to take it back, they need to send it away for testing to confirm it's faulty, before arranging a replacement. I HOPE it will take not much more than a week, but my faith in any sort of organisation involving electronics has been shaken plenty times enough already.:nervous:

Looks like I better get to work then. Good luck with the wheel and believe me you're not the only one who lacks faith in after sales service. Funnily enough Sony was my best when replacing my PS3 in a meer 2 days..

Well today I rang the actual store of purchase, and it sounds like they'll replace it on the spot. [Borat Impersonation] Very nice! [/Borat]

F40 2C2 tune review

If you want to become a race car driver, usually what youÂ’d do is beg your parents at the age of 5 to buy you a go-kart and then move on to take any school bullying disputes to the track. Hopefully you would dispose of any bullies on the track like you would the notion that Santa Claus isnÂ’t real. After a few years, youÂ’re maxing karts which rev up to 15000rpm and chatting up the grid girls at the local track.
You’d move on to open wheelers after you catch someone’s eye and while the buzz of being sponsored and finally driving a car fast enough to beat your dad’s is distracting you, certain parts of go-karting leave your mind as you are now focused on the slot-car physics of the new car. It becomes apparent that something’s missing in the fun department but you don’t know what it is, so you move on to full sized cars hoping that will fix it, but it doesn’t. Soon the whole car racing scene becomes same old, same old, always with annoying little spotty faced ‘kids’ thinking they can do better, and usually walking just as good as they can talk. You become ‘that bloke’ who is recognised off the TV and is inundated with invites to charity events or facility openings. Then you get an invite to come along to some guy’s business function at a go kart track – and it hits.
The go-kart features such adrenaline. You have no aids, no real safety and no real distance between your buttocks and the road. Go-karts always have the feeling that they like to go around every corner sideways, but belting you forwards more than sidewards because of the weight – or lack of. Problem is, go-karting, while fun, isn’t considered as much of a man’s sport as a child’s sport – so why haven’t there been any real cars that act like go-karts? Why not have the fun of a go-kart and bring it to full sized racing?

Well now you can – with the TLD F40 2C2 edition, by tuning guru Dragonistic.

The original plan was to have a 550PP racer for Suzuka. Problem is to get the car down to 550PP, N3 tyres had to be fitted. Ease of use was not helped by 412hp being sent to the now-slippery back wheels. The gears have been extensively modified too, with each shift landing just before the max power and torque. The result of this is going through the esses in one gear and one gear only. After coming out of a corner, you get this amazing boot up the back side changing from 1st to 2nd and youÂ’re instantly doing speeds not deemed safe, or realistic with a car on N3 tyres. This car is just amazing on the straights, let alone for a 550PP race.
After you accelerate, youÂ’ll want to slow down and turn corners. This car breaks as good as you can expect for a car with N3 tyres, 1216kgs and probably a shade too much speed, but to compensate for the lack of bite, the turn-in under braking is very commendable.
Put the power on in the middle of a corner and you’re in for a nice surprise. The car quickly snaps into a drift, but a low angle high speed drift. My suggestion is to power out of it. You’ll have a heap more momentum and the car is amazingly stable under a drift. It’s so placeable. If you run wide, just pick a section of the apex and aim – chances are you’ll hit it, and catch the slide while putting the boot in for the straight ahead. This car is awesome. Every little detail of this car’s handling is as close to that of a go-kart as DNA will allow. I just love it – so much so that I’ve set up a one tune race with it over in the race section.
‘Nuff said.

by tuning guru Dragonistic.

Well I don't know about that but thanks alot, thats definately the best review I've had and some fantastic blurb there, you write really well 80Y and it's no wonder you write for Pedal of Choice!

Thanks again for the great feedback, hopefully you'll inspire others to do the same and don't be afraid to complain guys. If you find something not to your liking, tell us!

it's the least I could do :)

All we ever ask for here at TLD is some feedback, not for our own sake, for the sake of our service and the set ups we create. Feedback is vital to the running of any organisation who wants to put the customer first :)

Well I have some good news and some bad news. Because the shop I bought my wheel from a complete morons I don't have a new wheel yet like planned. I have no idea when I'm getting one, but if I don't know by tomorrow arvo I'll be livid and may tell the shop what's for.:mischievous: Their stupidity on the phone earlier in the wheek has cost me a trip through town and el mucho time in my arvo, not happy, not happy at all. Sorry to do this to you so soon Dragonistic, but at the moment all new cars coming from TLD will be coming from you, I can't revert back to controller.:ouch: I'll be doing my best to get that new wheel ASAP.

All we ever ask for here at TLD is some feedback, not for our own sake, for the sake of our service and the set ups we create. Feedback is vital to the running of any organisation who wants to put the customer first :)

Exactly.đź‘Ť

Edit: Still no word from the store now, so tomorrow I need to go tear them a new A.:mad:

Last edited:
Back