Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
I've been out in the real world being social the last couple of days, have no fear, I'll be back GTing soon :) Got a couple cars lined up to.

Well I've set my old wheel back up again, it was too much trouble to be bothered trying to get a new one under "warranty", and it wasn't looking promising that I would anyway, so I'll tough it out with what I have and hope by the time it dies (if it dies, maybe I was just being paranoid) there will be a new and better wheel for me to purchase.

Now, what tunes would people like to see in TLD?

I am also thinking of holding weekend track days on Saturdays, each track day will have a theme, sometimes simply a run what you brung day. It will prove more fun in the full GT5 as my options open up vastly, but I'd like to trial it now also. I could purchase a club in Home too where we could all go to discuss the racing, and since clubs in Home have notice boards you could also be privy to insider info from TLD. I would really like to hear everyone's thoughts on this, everyone. If you're just passing through, post a comment on this idea.👍

Well I've set my old wheel back up again, it was too much trouble to be bothered trying to get a new one under "warranty", and it wasn't looking promising that I would anyway, so I'll tough it out with what I have and hope by the time it dies (if it dies, maybe I was just being paranoid) there will be a new and better wheel for me to purchase.

Now, what tunes would people like to see in TLD?

I am also thinking of holding weekend track days on Saturdays, each track day will have a theme, sometimes simply a run what you brung day. It will prove more fun in the full GT5 as my options open up vastly, but I'd like to trial it now also. I could purchase a club in Home too where we could all go to discuss the racing, and since clubs in Home have notice boards you could also be privy to insider info from TLD. I would really like to hear everyone's thoughts on this, everyone. If you're just passing through, post a comment on this idea.👍

All sounds positive to me, a home club might not be worth purchasing (depending on the price if it's a subscription type deal, you might want to wait until GT5, if it's a one-off then I see no reason why not now.

The track days definately sound great, and I will certainly be attending whenever I can :)

All sounds positive to me, a home club might not be worth purchasing (depending on the price if it's a subscription type deal, you might want to wait until GT5, if it's a one-off then I see no reason why not now.

The track days definately sound great, and I will certainly be attending whenever I can :)

As far as I know, for now it's a one off purchase for a Home club, $5 AUD or something.

the club sounds awesome.

A suggestion with the track days - best make it a 650PP race so every one can come in almost anything they bring. if we need heaps of time, everyone can go round the track in reverse - although if there's an outsider, maybe they'll want to join seeing as a big group of us are going the wrong way. Of course if they don't want to do that, theres still 10 laps that need to be completed so we have 20 mins or so anyway.

the club sounds awesome.

A suggestion with the track days - best make it a 650PP race so every one can come in almost anything they bring. if we need heaps of time, everyone can go round the track in reverse - although if there's an outsider, maybe they'll want to join seeing as a big group of us are going the wrong way. Of course if they don't want to do that, theres still 10 laps that need to be completed so we have 20 mins or so anyway.

I take it you interpret the track day as having a bit of a cruise session around the track at race speed? Sounds about right.:sly: The trackdays (which would be featured every weekend, probably Saturday nights (nights for Aussies, morning for British and most of Europe etc) during a specific time period. The themes could vary greatly though, sometimes it could be a full on race, sometimes a drift day, sometimes a cruise day in what ever speed level of car you bring, we could even sometimes do one day time trials (who can get the fastest time in one day). There really aren't many limits to what we could do, so I'd really like to see what people like the most. By these examples also you could tell why it will be more fun in GT5.

Would there be Tea and sandwiches? if so, i like the idea:D

Tea is sooo hard to get out of my AlpineStars. I'll just have Red Bull.

I take it you interpret the track day as having a bit of a cruise session around the track at race speed? Sounds about right.:sly: The trackdays (which would be featured every weekend, probably Saturday nights (nights for Aussies, morning for British and most of Europe etc) during a specific time period. The themes could vary greatly though, sometimes it could be a full on race, sometimes a drift day, sometimes a cruise day in what ever speed level of car you bring, we could even sometimes do one day time trials (who can get the fastest time in one day). There really aren't many limits to what we could do, so I'd really like to see what people like the most. By these examples also you could tell why it will be more fun in GT5.

Yeah...that's what I was leaning towards. A bit like an arcade race on infinate laps - you just pick who you're going to have a battle with. May I suggest a Mini day?

Tea is sooo hard to get out of my AlpineStars. I'll just have Red Bull.

Yeah...that's what I was leaning towards. A bit like an arcade race on infinate laps - you just pick who you're going to have a battle with. May I suggest a Mini day?

A Mini day? Maybe, I think it's safe to say I'm not quite geared up to take suggestions yet :sly:, let's wait until we have at least one track day and it's successful. If I get time during the week I will try and organise it, otherwise it may not be until next week.👍

Edit: When I make the thread, should I call it "TLD Driver's Club" or "TLD Sponsored Track Days"?

Last edited:
These track days sound great, perhaps a solid reason for me to begin racing online :P If the Home club is cheap, then it could be useful, though we do already have this TLD thread, at the least, I gather another will be made.

Mini day would be fun, though almost everyone would be running TLD set-ups, methinks :P

These track days sound great, perhaps a solid reason for me to begin racing online :P If the Home club is cheap, then it could be useful, though we do already have this TLD thread, at the least, I gather another will be made.

Mini day would be fun, though almost everyone would be running TLD set-ups, methinks :P

No problem with that.:dopey:

Dodge Viper TLD10​
(313kw) (686Nm) (1330kg) (650 PP)​

2008_Dodge_Viper_SRT10_2.jpg

Performance:

Power: -18
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1/R1
Downforce: N/A

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rates: 7/4
Damper: 4/7
Toe: -0.15/+0.03
Camber: 1.6/2.4

Brake Balance: 7/5

Max Turn Angle: 40

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.780
3rd: 1.312
4th: 0.993
5th: 0.770
Final: 2.792

Description: TLD brings you yet another torque monster straight out of the USA. This time we bring you the road going version, prepared for the track rather then our last Viper, a track version made better. Naturally we've shed a bit more then skin on this Viper, with weight massively reduced followed by a restrictive exhaust system, to fit in with race regulations, this makes the car easy to drive and easy to race utilising low end torque for great drive out of corners despite the unorthodox gearing.
This Viper is the most tame of the bunch so far, but it will still bite back if pushed to far.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
The gearing might seem odd, but shift at 5500-6000 and first will drag you out of the hairpin with great pull and minimal drama, there's just no need for a gear before it.

Use low end torque in to pull you of bends with no wheelspin for consistent lapping but be aware, there's tonnes of grip but when it let's go it can easily surprise you and send you flying off.

Enjoy.

I like the Saturday track day too, but I'm NTSC only so I think I'm out. Would be a good excuse to steal more of your tunes:sly:

Hey Paulie, I would love to have the drifting contest you said you would hold up whenever you get a new drifting car! :)

I like the idea in post #242.

Would you mind if I used a similar idea for the NTSC side?

edit: also, everyone can be in the PS3's chat so they can text eachother while in the race about what to do next, etc

I like the idea in post #242.

Would you mind if I used a similar idea for the NTSC side?

edit: also, everyone can be in the PS3's chat so they can text eachother while in the race about what to do next, etc

I could host in a separate thread the track days by TLD? I wouldn't be able to compete, but you won't feel totally left out of what we're doing, then if we get a world event you'll be a shoe-in.:)

Long term (ie GT5) surely, I mean SURELY, we can host world private rooms, so this problem should be overcome then at least, and may even require multiple rooms hosted by TLD staff.

Hi Paulie. I just wanted to say thanks for another great tune. I had a chance to run your Alfa 147 550pp tune this past weekend and once again, another one of your tunes has made my day or weekend in this case.

I used it for the HSR Pro FWD 550pp event. I had not driven the Alfa before so, I had no idea what to expect from this car. All I can say is; what a blast to drive! This set up made it easy to brake late and pass on the inside, especially since everyone else generally had torque steer to contend with. I had a lot of great, close races and several wins.

Anyway great tune!!! Thanks again.

Hi Paulie. I just wanted to say thanks for another great tune. I had a chance to run your Alfa 147 550pp tune this past weekend and once again, another one of your tunes has made my day or weekend in this case.

I used it for the HSR Pro FWD 550pp event. I had not driven the Alfa before so, I had no idea what to expect from this car. All I can say is; what a blast to drive! This set up made it easy to brake late and pass on the inside, especially since everyone else generally had torque steer to contend with. I had a lot of great, close races and several wins.

Anyway great tune!!! Thanks again.

Thanks ti3vom for using one of my tunes, and I'm really glad you liked it. The 147 was my first car in GT5:P so it's one of my faves as well.👍 Nice to hear you liked the late braking ability of it.👍

TLD Alfa Romeo 147 GTA Veloce
(170kw) (248Nm) (1088kg) (550 PP)
(167kw) (244Nm) (1088kg) (500 PP)

TLD_tunesheet-alpha.gif

Performace:

Power: +48 +46
Weight: 85% 85%
Tyres: R3 S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 8/3
Damper: 3/2
Toe: -0.08/-0.20
Camber: 1.0/0.5

Brake Balance: 3/9

Max Turn Angle: 45

All Driving Aids Turned off, except ABS set on 1 (Driving aids are inevitably up to the driver)

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.280
2nd: 2.128
3rd: 1.544
4th: 1.210
5th: 0.970
Final: 3.635

Description: The Lion's Den's Alfa Romeo 147 is back! With new namesakes, more power and insane levels of speed. The factory 147 GTA with its V6 was always criticised for being too nose heavy, so TLD has revived the Veloce namesake for our highly tuned 2.0L 147. This was the car that made The Lion's Den so well known, it built the garage as we know it, and it was also my first car. Pumping out 170kw from its N/A 4cyl, its biggest asset is its weight, which has been reduced severely by TLD to a meager 1088kg. Enjoy one of our favourite tunes as we do.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
All
(Final Drive may need changing from track to track)

Tuner's Notes:
Treat my baby right, no curb riding and don't hold redline too long (not least because it is rough as over bumps and doesn't make power all the way to fuel cut-out)
I'm not happy with how long the gears needed to be, but as it is they needed to be that long for slipstreaming so as not to top out
Fast if you give her a chance

The 147 is back for TLD's next track day!:D

I've got a ZR1 influenced Z06 on the way for use in arcade mode everyone.:mischievous:

Looks like I better get to work for next week, probably going to head for a Focus ST.

No worries, and nice choice.👍 I've driven the real life XR5 (Focus ST) and for a hot hatch you could not ask for a better engine sound. Gearbox and clutch are glorious to use as well.👍

Edit: Oh and btw, if anyone could tell me how much the ZR1 was lowered over the Z06 if at all that'd be really handy.👍

TLD King of the Hill Corvette
(476kw) (726Nm) (1520kg) (670 PP)

chevrolet-corvette_zr1_2008_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Performance:

Power: +24
Weight: 107%
Tyres: S2/S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -5/-5
Spring Rate: 5/2
Damper: 4/3
Toe: -0.06/+0.04
Camber: 0.5/0.2

Brake Balance: 5/9

Max Turn Angle: 45

Driving aids up to driver, tuned and driven with all aids turned off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.610
3rd: 1.210
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.810
6th: 0.596
Final: 3.420
(Gear ratios taken from CorvetteMuseum)

Description: After a ZR1-ish experience for those arcade races against GT-Rs, GTs and 599s? TLD has the vehicle for you. Although not perfect, and probably a little slower than the real ZR1, we have endeavoured to create a ZR1 experience from a Z06 for a little fun here and there. It's important that you read the tuner's notes as they explain some things about the setup and how to get the best experience out of the car.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
All tracks, production cars are tuned for anywhere.

Tuner's Notes:
When comparing to other supercars, the other cars need to be tested on S1 tyres.
I am convinced that tyre grip is modelled into the vehicle itself, so if S1/S1 is stock for a Z06, in order to simulate the respective increases in grip from the front/rear steamrollers on the ZR1 I have employed the S2/S3 tyre combination.
When entering an arcade race, select S1 tyres (hopefully that puts the AI on S1), then select S2/S3 once in the race menu using quick tune.
Obviously I couldn't simulate the electrifying power delivery of the ZR1, so low down acceleration is not as good. I'm not sure if the stopping power is quite as good as the monstrous carbon ceramic stoppers on the ZR1 either.
Again, probably not as quick as a real ZR1 would/SHOULD be in the game, but it's near enough I suppose.
Razor sharp turn-in, the rear is prone to stepping out if pushed past its limit (which is pretty high), but is easily managed and gives a production car feel
Toe and camber kept within production car realms.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
I was just thinking as regards the next TLD track day, I could see about broadcasting the event Live onto the interwebs through my webcam (don't worry I can get it pretty clear) so those who can't make the event can still keep track of things. Only problem is that they'd only see what I see.

I was just thinking as regards the next TLD track day, I could see about broadcasting the event Live onto the interwebs through my webcam (don't worry I can get it pretty clear) so those who can't make the event can still keep track of things. Only problem is that they'd only see what I see.

Interesting, how does that work? Can people come back and watch it later?

Yes and no, people can come back and watch it later if i record the events at the same time. If i choose not to record it will purely broadcast as it happens (well about 5-10 seconds behind).

Yes and no, people can come back and watch it later if i record the events at the same time. If i choose not to record it will purely broadcast as it happens (well about 5-10 seconds behind).

Right, well, I think anyone interested in the event will probably compete themselves. If they wanted to simply watch, they'd probably enter a car themselves and sit somewhere. But if you want to record I have no problems.:) Hot hatches are always close racing.👍

Back