Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
mft gp/rx '99

very presice handling !
does not behave like a fwd at all
actually has a slight amount oversteer. this thing grips like its glued to theroad in first when tackling a hair pin turn and pulls out very quickly.

Thank you for the test! take your time deciding what to request, and don't forget to take a closer look to other tunes from us.

Still not there? but I sent them ages ago! :odd: has your PM box been full or something? anyway, I don't have that PM left anymore, so please, send it once more. I'm totally puzzled by this.. :confused: I'll solve this issue asap.

Doesn't say I have any new PMs, but, I'll see if I can send you the old ones.

I hate to say this, but I can't find those tunes. I know they were:
Suzuki G-SX/R
Caterham 7 Fireblade
Mazda Carol

You never got back to me on the Carol though, I think we gave up on it.

Last edited:
A rallycar Delta... If I don't make sure to try it out sooner or later, i'll regret it for sure.

btw Leo, have you finished the car I told you about? ^^ (sorry to burden you with it that way)

Yup. I ran it in few races to make sure that it works as it should, and it simply obliterated opposition. I'll PM it to you soon, I'm bit busy tonight. Laundry, changing few locks, cleaning..

Sorry for the late review guys, I forgot like 4 or 5 times already, this would've been the 6th time if I hadn't remembered.

300Croozin'05 - Review
When this car was originally released back when I was constantly reviewing cars for MFT, I didn’t even bother to take a second look at it to be honest, but now that they’ve asked me to, I actually regret not driving it earlier.

I decided since Mr.X would be more than likely be using this car as a daily driver, I decided to test it initially by *cough* ‘croozin’ around a city, hence my trip over to Seattle. Once in control of the car and on the streets, I could definitely feel the magic MFT had worked upon the engine, a “beast on a leash”, this thing wanted to pull strong all the time, no matter what gear it was in, demanding me to go faster and hurt the speed limit that much more, and I can tell you it wasn’t easy to resist that urge.

But being in a city were, more than likely, a cop was just waiting around a corner, I decided to just keep it in a high gear and go easy on the throttle, and start playing with my driving line as I approached some of the more interesting corners. Initial turn-in at the corner is surprisingly quick despite the car’s weight and rather long wheelbase, and stopping that weight is no issue as the brakes are very strong and the tires easily handle the stresses they receive.

But just driving it around the city isn’t enough to fully experience what this car can do, so I made a trip out to Infineon Raceway to assess it’s track-worthiness. Once on track and moving at a much faster rate, things were different, the engine was still strong and pull the car through the straight absolutely no problem, but it’s the corners were things changed, I ease into the brakes approaching the uphill S bend, and instantly feel the difference, the weight shot forward and towards the outside front wheel, sort-of “stealing” grip from the rear, and without the grip, the momentum instantly broke rear traction and had the rear sliding the towards the grass, instinctively I counter-steered to stabilize the car and bring it back into line, and it worked smoothly, for once breaking rear-traction wasn’t a sharp “snap” of traction loss, but more like a progressive slip that allowed me to feel it fade and reel it back when needed.

Driving through the rest of the course, I experienced that same feeling over and over, braking, making the turn-in, and feeling the progressive slip of the rear, and soon enough I was drifting through corners instead of gripping them, it was just too much fun to slide, it got to the point that I felt like I was in Sam Hubienette’s Dodge Charger and forgot that I was in a customer’s car, burning expensive tires until I saw the ‘sparkle-sparkle’ of Mr.X’s Bling as he waved his arms and stomped his feet, yelling and shouting about the burning rubber I was producing.

Back in the pits I had to deal with Mr.X’s complaints and what-not, but I think it was worth it, the car was plenty of fun to drive and slide despite originally being a luxury car, and I suggest that everyone at least take it for a spin around the city, and just see if you can resist the temptation to floor it. 👍

Lancia Delta S4 Evo '86

580 bhp, 532 Nm, 890 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Turbo Kit Stage 3
R3 Tyres
Oil Change

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 125 / 130
Bound: 4 / 7
Rebound: 9 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.962
2nd: 2.003
3rd: 1.556
4th: 1.270
5th: 1.044
Final Gear: 3.400

Autoset 9

LSD
Initial: 5 / 10
Acceleration: 5 / 25
Deceleration: 5 / 20

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 25

Downforce
Amount: 13 / 18

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

23 years ago today, on the 2nd May 1986, the rallying world stopped. Arguably the fastest crew ever to participate in the world championship was no more, Henri Toivonen and Sergio Cresto having lost their lives during Tour de Corse. What happened, nobody still knows and highly likely never will. All we know is that their car shot off the road in a tight hairpin, crashed into a ravine and exploded into flames. The crash told everything about the Group B cars: far too fast for even the very best to handle, fragile and outright dangerous. The Delta S4 was the culmination of taking the performance to the extremities, the car didn't even have a plate under the fuselage, protecting the aluminium fuel tanks... because it saved weight.

For the two men who could push this monster to its real limits, and who took their secret with them. The legacy lives on.

That wasn't the only reason why the car burst into flames; Apparently the Lancia team had fitted a NITRUOS INJECTION SYSTEM(:crazy::crazy::crazy:) through the steel tubing that made up the car's rollcage. Said tubing was also made of thinner Steel than the rules allowed in order to fit the injection system.

This was all obviously illeagal, but it was only discovered about three years ago when a car collector had his Delta S4 in for a "Crack-Check", in which the mechanics found the inner tubing, ran some tests and found that the residue it left was Nitrogliceren...

To think, this car was Turbocharged, Supercharged AND Nitrous-Injected...:crazy::scared::nervous:

BLITZ_69 - No idea. The setups will probably work quite well on any late model NSX.

S-Line Audi Fan - No idea here either. My car was a brand new example but even if it wasn't it wouldn't make a bit of difference except for the power figures. I tried setting it up from scratch and everything went like a charm.

Kurei - (Amuse NSX GT1) Thanks for a review that surprised even me! I wouldn't have thought that the grip is that high... but apparently it is. Then again the "R1" is hitting well above its weight so perhaps it's true, I probably should give it a try myself some day. The sports tyres may even make it handle better as the behaviour isn't quite as darty as on R grades.

Kingofweasles - I'd say that goes right into the urban legends category. First because nitrous oxide in itself isn't flammable (and the amount of it would pale next to the amount of rocket fuel the car was carrying) and second because nitroglycerin is produced by nitrating glycerol. I can't help but wonder how glycerol would have made its way into the roll cage as I bet they weren't actively trying to make a bomb on wheels even though that's what the Group B cars turned out as.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late review guys, I forgot like 4 or 5 times already, this would've been the 6th time if I hadn't remembered.

300Croozin'05 - Long and Detailed Review

Thankies. I had a feeling that you had been shying away from this car, since it was a big American sedan.. but it can't be that bad since it's old E-class Merc underneath. I was surprised with it as well, how good it actually was.

S-Line Audi Fan - No idea here either. My car was a brand new example but even if it wasn't it wouldn't make a bit of difference except for the power figures. I tried setting it up from scratch and everything went like a charm.

Then I'll give it another try 👍 Oh and sorry for not reviewing your cars lately, I was busy (I'm right now, too), but I'll review more cars in the coming week. My apologies :guilty: ..

I don't know if you'll get much fun out of the old brick... while I have to say it's a good tune (even if I say it myself) on a quite hopeless car it was aimed more at hunting the feel of a real 240 with suitable modifications than being a proper track racer. Having said that, it schools stock Audi S4's and the like without much effort so it can't be all that bad.

Isuzu 117 Coupé Rallye'68 - Review

Isuzu is a name you rarely hear in conversation when ‘performance’ is involved, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know how to make efficient/effective cars. This is especially true back in the day when their classics were made of just essential features and designs, easy to reach shifter, comfy steering wheel, just take a look at their image in their ‘Tune-shop’, that picture just ‘oozes “classic car”, they knew how to make a good car.

Now the duo at MFT have gotten their hands on a prime model, and basically enhanced every aspect of the car’s performance potential from every angle, stronger brakes, a more powerful engine, strengthened the chassis, far more than I had imagined, and upgraded the entire suspension and driveline. Looking from the standpoint of say a car builder or designer, the car itself is a fantastic build, well-crafted and probably of high-dollar value, but MFT doesn’t just build cars and let them be, they test them rigorously.

It was now basically my turn to see if they had pulled it all together flawlessly, a classic car that could easily handle whatever was thrown at it and perform under pressure, inspired by the car’s ‘Autumn’ colors, I went out to Autumn Ring for the test. Once on the course, I slammed the gas and let the engine revs build to hear what the old-school engine had to offer, and in the mid-range the car purred like a kitten, giving me a moderate thrust into the back of my seat, however towards the top of the rev range, that thrust wore off pre-maturely, causing a ‘supercharged’ effect of sorts as power leveled off.

Cruising through the straight towards the corner, I remember that MFT had increased the braking strength with the controller (rated at 10/12, Front and Rear, respectively), and wondered how much of an effect that would have as I entered the corner. It didn’t take long to notice the effect as the car slowed drastically, more than I had intended actually, and as I coasted through the corner, I made the initial turn-in towards the apex, and found a hindering fault in the car’s setup.

As I made the turn-in, the car was hesitant to follow, but eventually did turn as the LSD moaned and sorted the rear end out as more steering input was given. The extra steering input needed wasn’t the issue, in fact most of these older cars were just like that, they need a good amount of steering input to get results, I believe the issue here is the LSD setup, I believe it’s application on deceleration is too strong, as during the corner, the front felt nice and free, but the rear end acted almost like an anchor of sorts, holding onto the pavement and not wanting to move freely, and the application on acceleration may be a little weak as in some of the sharper corners, the inside wheel has a tendency to spin.

But other than the issue with the LSD, this car is a great classic brought up to a higher, more modern potential, some more work on it and I think it could be turned into a legendary classic.

(Or what a engine swap could do as well....)

Alright, I'll find some time to tinker with it again and see if I can loosen up the rear for you. After all, your preferred driving style is moderate-to-ridiculous oversteer.. ;)

Only to help the car rotate and point to the exit faster :crazy:

'Young thunder' review should be up in a day or two

Forgive the double post, but I've got Young Thunder's review

"Young Thunder" '02 - Review
Every time I’ve seen this car, I’ve always thought of it as a concept car, the radical design, crazy body shape and other things just make me see it as a concept, and not a ‘street’ car of sorts, but when ARTA took it and made it into a JGTC car (back in ’02), it definitely made some noise.

One thing that really impressed me, was its performance throughout the years when it was at Suzuka, it always did real well, got good podium finishes, had excellent pit strategy, and clever moves by the drivers to keep opponents at bay (which were instructed by Mr. Tsuchiya himself), and because of that, I decided to test out MFT’s tuned version at Suzuka.

On track heading through the chicane that leads to a right-hand bend and onto the main straight, the car showed good braking and neutral handling throughout the bends, but did seem a little hesitant at initial turn-in for a fraction of a second, nothing too bad, but if a driver wasn’t expecting it, it could throw them off rhythm for the corner, and I have 2 idea’s as to what causes this.
The first is the ride height, the front has actually been raised and the rear lowered, and time has shown us that this usually gives way to understeer easier than the opposite setup, maybe lowering the front and slightly raising the rear would help the car react better to initial steering input.
The second is sort of a mix of 2 reasons, those being the Mid-engine setup, and the effect of the car’s downforce as a whole. With a MR setup, you have good overall weight balance, but to achieve that, you have to remove weight from certain areas, such as moving the engine from the front to the middle, this takes weight off of the front tires, causing them to not ‘press’ into the pavement as much as they need to for good traction, and that grip lack could be why there is a little hesitation during turn-in, not much response.
The downforce side is more just about the balance rather than the amount, with the weight already shifted different, some area’s don’t need downforce as much as others, namely the rear, with most of the weight in the middle, its momentum will carry to the rear during forward motion, keeping it stable and under control, and the 30/30 balance you guy’s have gone with is good for higher end stuff, but for a smaller MR car like this, I think more front downforce than the rear would help balance everything out during corners, the car in stock form looks to be rear-biased and sorted, so increasing the front end grip and response would make it really fly

Other than that, the car was pretty fun to drive, it had an excellent exhaust note, pulled through the gears despite the low power, and because of its neutral handling, it’s beginner friendly, find a way to correct the turn in hesitation and it’d be a great practice car.

Review of the Opera S2000 AJH-Edition '04

473 bhp, 400 Nm, 902 kg

More power, less weight.. These are the things you notice immediately when looking at the tuning sheet.. Let's see if this tune was a success..

The first thing I noticed was the enormous acceleration.. There's no wheelspin in 1st gear and the car accelerates very fast.. The brakes are awesome.. You can brake very very very late and there's no need to worry about understeer or oversteer.. The car it very stable, controllable and very direct at any time.. You can drive very fast through corners, thanks to only 902 kg of weight and the massive grip that is always given.. The car itself is well balanced: At the beginning it's hard, but after some tries you'll know how to drift this car.. The gearbox was well set and the car likes to operate at any RPM number..

Positive aspects:

- Acceleration
- Brakes
- Stability
- Easily controllable
- Directness
- Operation
- Grip
- Balance
- Gearbox
- No wheelspin
- Ability to drift the car

Negative aspects:

- What? :odd:

All in all: This is an awesome car: Fast, stable, easily controllable and very direct.. It's worth every single credit.. This car represents the perfectness, madness and endless experience that the Mad FinnTuners have.. I love it! 👍

15/10

Whaaaattt?:eek::odd:

Anyway, I remember doing a Citta di Aria tune for that Opera S2K, and it was probably the best tune I've ever made. That car has potential for sure.

That was no mistake ;) I tried the car at Costa di Amalfi and I was able to go at full throttle through most corners.. The car is awesome.. I love it :)

Good to hear! feel free to PM the requests. I'm sorry that I've been slow to PM the tuneups back to you fellows, but 8 hour days at garage left me drained. now that I'm unemployed again, I can get back on full throttle with these tunes you've requested! 👍

Kurei, the ride height is as it is because the car was lacking in traction department in the corners. True, it could possibly be faster and more nimble to drive, or then it could be canceled out by the lack of traction.. *shrugs*

Mazda MX-5 1600RS R-Limited '04

266 bhp, 283 Nm, 955 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Semi-racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 105 / 110
Bound: 4 / 6
Rebound: 9 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.354
2nd: 1.650
3rd: 1.250
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.820
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids

The 1600 NR-A version of the MX-5 is easy to overlook as there's the more powerful 1800RS available right next to it. Time to give it the chance to show what it's made of.

The smaller engine has its inherent problems of producing power but that's what forced induction is made for, let's bolt on a turbo and double the power. The planned weight reductions fell a bit short of the goal as there's not much to take out from the already light car but every gram is an improvement and helps the handling. Oddly enough it ends up being less powerful than its NA cousin and heavier too despite being lighter in the beginning. Whatever, nothing that grippier tyres and some aerodynamic aids can't overcome. It's also handicapped in the transmission area, lacking one gear but that can be dealt with by a quick hand in the tightest hairpins. The second gear is too tall to pull out of them. As far as track driving goes, you'll need to be quite a wizard to lose control of this one badly. The legends of its handling aren't just legends.

Reviews:

by AWDA
by stidriver

Last edited:
Interesting, interesting.. I'll see how it is on GVS and I'm really interested in what car Leo is going to release..

Hmmm, I'd like to see how my RS-R goes against your RS-R Limited Greycap. ;) Mine has more power, yours has less weight + downforce to give the quicker lap time (you claim 2.00 with yours and I claim 2.02 with mine). I reckon it would be a good little shootout between those two cars. :cool:

Toyota MR-SC TRD'02

252 bhp, 373 Nm, 891 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Semi-racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Supercharger
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 3.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 110 / 130
Bound: 5 / 6
Rebound: 10 / 9
Camber: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe: -2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 8

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.467
2nd: 1.745
3rd: 1.350
4th: 1.110
5th: 0.950
6th: 0.810
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 9

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 13
Deceleration: 10

Downforce
Amount: 25 / 30

Driving Aids

Some say that the soft top roadsters are for girls and pansies. Others say that they have horrible driveability, are slow and that the roof always leaks. While MFT isn't quite almighty when it comes to turning copper into gold, they definitely know how to turn a mediocre roadster into a serious corner carver, and that's exactly what happened here. They took a regular '02 MR-S and practically tore it into a bare shell before starting to improve it piece by piece. They welded every possible seam and fitted a roll cage, making the chassis as stiff as possible, which is ideal when pursuing the best possible handling and suspension dynamics. As soon as the chassis was sorted out, the engine and gearbox got their attention.

In a light car such as the MR-S, 140ish bhp was more than enough to get it moving at a decent pace, but that wasn't quite enough for these gearheads. As soon as they had agreed on the power level they'd be going after, various tuning accessory manufacturers around the world began to get phone calls no matter what timezone they were in. Slowly but certainly, boxes began to arrive to the workshop and soon these two motoring maniacs had their hands dirty. When they were finished, the car wasn't only lighter, but a lot faster as well. Engine power had gained a massive 110bhp thanks to a TRD supercharger kit, a more freely flowing exhaust system and a custom made engine management unit. Every part of the engine had been balanced to minimize friction and vibration, resulting in a smooth power delivery. Gear ratios had been altered to match the increased power and torque, and a limited slip differential had been adjusted to suit the cars new abilities. carbon fibre wing on top of the trunk was the last tweak they did, and finally, their creation was ready. Toyota MR-SC TRD'02 is the name, and cornering speed is his game. Have fun!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back