Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
Right, well, I think anyone interested in the event will probably compete themselves. If they wanted to simply watch, they'd probably enter a car themselves and sit somewhere. But if you want to record I have no problems.:) Hot hatches are always close racing.đź‘Ť

Is the event NTSC and PAL? If so, i'll not bother.

Anyone out there want to comment on my "ZR1"? I'm really interested to hear people's thoughts on this one.

Is the event NTSC and PAL? If so, i'll not bother.

It's NTSC if any American drivers approach me and ask for it.

Anyone out there want to comment on my "ZR1"? I'm really interested to hear people's thoughts on this one.

Next time I turn on the PS3, i'll drive it and then report back and tell you what I think of it.:)

Ford Focus TLD​
(165kw) (320Nm) (1272kg) (500 PP)​

2006-ford-focus-st_460x0w.jpg

Performance:

Power: 0
Weight: 89%
Tyres: S3/S3
Downforce: N/A

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rates: 7/4
Damper: 7/4
Toe: -0.24/+0.15
Camber: 3.0/2.0

Brake Balance: 7/3

Max Turn Angle: 40

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.851
2nd: 2.104
3rd: 1.542
4th: 1.209
5th: 0.956
6th: 0.767
Final: 4.585

Description: Firstly I must confess that this is my first realistic attempt at a hatchback, however the results have turned out fantastic. Naturally as with all cars I tune, the first thing to do was remove as much weight as possible by any means neccessary. Unfortunately this meant that no extra power could be added however the ST already comes with plenty of grunt for those front tyres to deal with. As for the cars characteristics, the base car is already very good so us here at TLD had a job on our hands to improve the cars feel. The car has been lowered, stiffened up a little but kept a softer rear end to allow some lovely lift off oversteer when turning in. Clearly this car isn't the fastest thing on the track, but it makes up for that by putting a smile on your face.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
Eiger
(Suspension was originally set for Eiger 550PP, has been tweaked to fit Suzuka as have the gears)

Tuner's Notes:
Gearing will be changed in accordance with the event swap on the 29th as this car is primarily aimed for the TLD Track Day this weekend.

Your first hot hatch eh? Well like I said earlier, it's a good choice, very nice car. With a stock power level the power delivery is something to be proud of too and I'll have some hard driving to do to keep up in my 147 on Saturday.:)

Well I tried out the King of the Hill set up for ya Paulie, and I must say the car feels great. Naturally I took it out on Eiger, the car was fast, easy to drive or drift, with great turn in and grip all round. The car is just generally well balanced, dealing with the bumps no problem and not flailing out of control if the rears hit the dirt when sliding. Although naturally, the car is quite soft this is of course supposed to be a road car not a racer. It provides plenty of thrills, plenty of grip and a great noise.

My only question is why have you reduced the power rather then increasing it up to ZR1 standard?

Well I tried out the King of the Hill set up for ya Paulie, and I must say the car feels great. Naturally I took it out on Eiger, the car was fast, easy to drive or drift, with great turn in and grip all round. The car is just generally well balanced, dealing with the bumps no problem and not flailing out of control if the rears hit the dirt when sliding. Although naturally, the car is quite soft this is of course supposed to be a road car not a racer. It provides plenty of thrills, plenty of grip and a great noise.

My only question is why have you reduced the power rather then increasing it up to ZR1 standard?

Oh dayum, it's supposed to be 476kw!!:dunce: I can't remember what that number is but I'll edit that when I get a chance. :ouch: The test is almost in vain without the correct power, but more importantly, does the handling feel like a ZR1 might be?

I should get some time to test the ZR1 tonight. Do you de-tune it to 650pp or do want me just to drive it at the full 670pp in free run?

Oh dayum, it's supposed to be 476kw!!:dunce: I can't remember what that number is but I'll edit that when I get a chance. :ouch: The test is almost in vain without the correct power, but more importantly, does the handling feel like a ZR1 might be?

I thought the handling was very good, upon watching the replay, it hunked down on the tail well and provided masses of grip all round. I guess the best way to compare is in theory it should be able to handle as well (or as fast) as the GTR... IN THEORY.

I should get some time to test the ZR1 tonight. Do you de-tune it to 650pp or do want me just to drive it at the full 670pp in free run?

Full 670 PP in free run and arcade races against AI.đź‘Ť

I thought the handling was very good, upon watching the replay, it hunked down on the tail well and provided masses of grip all round. I guess the best way to compare is in theory it should be able to handle as well (or as fast) as the GTR... IN THEORY.

Real life tests have proven the ZR1 beats GTR in every and all aspects.

Ok thanks Paulie, didn't get a chance tonight. I did WRS for around 40 minutes. But I have to study for exams.:grumpy: They end at the end of this week, so I should have no homework or exams.

The correct power level is now edited into the ZR1 post.đź‘Ť

Hey Paulie, imagine the fun we would've had last week in the cruise at 750pp at Suzuka.:drool: Now we can if you want later in the month.;) The ZR1 Corvette of yours could be run at that track day without being too much of a monster to drive like last time on N3's.:lol: I've never driven it, but my GT was insane to drive.

Hey Paulie, imagine the fun we would've had last week in the cruise at 750pp at Suzuka.:drool: Now we can if you want later in the month.;) The ZR1 Corvette of yours could be run at that track day without being too much of a monster to drive like last time on N3's.:lol: I've never driven it, but my GT was insane to drive.

Err, that's 650 PP Suzuka, and this ZR1-a-like is 670 PP.;) And it would get whooped in those pissing contests we called drag races.:lol:

Edit: Oh now I see, the events have actually changed, and there is a 750 PP event.đź‘Ť We could really have used that last week.:dunce: Won't be another "cruise" for a couple weeks, this week is a race day, next is a drift day. After that will be another cruise.:)

Last edited:
LDP-R Corvette C6 Cup Car
(391kw) (667Nm) (969kg) (800 PP)
(314kw) (606Nm) (969kg) (750 PP)
(283kw) (588Nm) (1003kg) (700 PP)
(423kw) (693Nm) (991kg) (800 PP)

corvettetldgt7.jpg

Performance:

Power: -3 -24 -39 +4
Weight: 85% 85% 88% 87%
Tyres: R3 R3 R1 R3/R2
Downforce: 20/30 20/21 (Credit to FAK on this downforce/power combo) 10/20 20/20

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-7 -10/-7 -10/-8 -10/-10
Spring Rate: 6/2 6/2 6/2 6/2
Damper: 1/2 1/2 1/2 2/1
Toe: -0.12/+0.18 -0.18/+0.20 -0.16/+0.10 -0.20/-0.12
Camber: 1.2/0.6 1.2/0.6 1.2/0.6 1.6/1.0

Brake Balance: 5/8 5/7 5/8 5/6

Max Turn Angle: 50 36

All driving aids are up to the driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios: Note only Daytona Oval setup has different 3rd-5th gear ratios, other setups have the same as each other, which is listed in black.
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.248 1.180
4th: 1.020 0.896
5th: 0.844 0.683
6th: 0.596
Final: 3.380 3.380 3.770 3.627

Description: When a race series became available in which the Corvette was elligible TLD-R submitted their entry form and began the development cycle. Whilst plagued at first by turn-in issues and top end engine power, we refined the Vette to a competition ready phase. During its first number of races the Corvette performed extremely well, pulling seconds per lap on the competition. Not all good things last though, and some driver consistency issues saw a drop in the success rate of the now revered TLD-R Corvette. After a while things came good again and the Vette is now a consistent front runner of the field. Now the TLD-R setup is available to privateer drivers to take and have some success of their own.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
Daytona Oval

Tuner's Notes:
Wheelspin in 2nd gear unless careful
Pad users may like to tinker with the max turn angle to suit themselves
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox
Shift up at 7,000rpm
Trail braking is possible and encouraged
Don't let the massive speed on straights let you feel like you're going too slow in corners. Slow down and be smooth.
Shift up at 6,000rpm
Shift up at 7,000rpm
Just drive, no need for braking

Last edited:
Team radio: “Holy Paulie... yeah... whoaw... yes!...🤬... this feels so great...”

Thank you! This last Corvette tune is a killer!đź‘Ť Actually I was struggling at the 2.00 door for quite a moment now. Took this gem for a ride and after just a few laps, I managed to smash a 1.59.729. I know there are faster times out there but too me this is quite a joyful moment. So again, thank you very much for your this great tune, and for your contribution to this planet.:cheers:

On a minor note, I modified the brake bias towards the front (8/5) as I felt more comfortable with it. Personal taste I guess.:)

Also worth noting that my Viper previously posted a couple of weeks ago, is now valid for competition online using the R3 750PP set up :)

Paulie, this is another awesome tune man :cheers:

Very stable with a wheel. I had been using a four-speed tune for the vette,
and yours is obviously much better. I ran a 1'57.7xx on the second full lap mate :) Great tune, thanks a lot đź‘Ť

EDIT:

Recently got my best time down to a 1'57.265 in clean air, and I am now nailing consistent
low to mid 57's :dopey:

Paulie, mate, you've had some excellent tunes, but this may be the best tune of yours I've ever driven...period.
It's pretty much flawless. It is one of the most solid, neutral-feeling cars I've driven in the game.
You can really push it without having to strain yourself. When you get into a groove in the race, it's just as smooth
as it can be, especially through the esses, degners and spoon. I guess I could ramp the ABS up just a smidge at the
hairpin and casio to slow the car down that little bit quicker, but quite frankly, I'm not that coordinated at the moment :dopey:
to risk loosing my concentration in a race.

Thanks again mate, awesome tune :cheers:

Last edited:
Team radio: “Holy Paulie... yeah... whoaw... yes!...🤬... this feels so great...”

Thank you! This last Corvette tune is a killer!đź‘Ť Actually I was struggling at the 2.00 door for quite a moment now. Took this gem for a ride and after just a few laps, I managed to smash a 1.59.729. I know there are faster times out there but too me this is quite a joyful moment. So again, thank you very much for your this great tune, and for your contribution to this planet.:cheers:

On a minor note, I modified the brake bias towards the front (8/5) as I felt more comfortable with it. Personal taste I guess.:)

great tune,..got it down to 1.58.835

nice stuff

Paulie, this is another awesome tune man :cheers:

Very stable with a wheel. I had been using a four-speed tune for the vette,
and yours is obviously much better. I ran a 1'57.7xx on the second full lap mate :) Great tune, thanks a lot đź‘Ť

EDIT:

Recently got my best time down to a 1'57.265 in clean air, and I am now nailing consistent
low to mid 57's :dopey:

Paulie, mate, you've had some excellent tunes, but this may be the best tune of yours I've ever driven...period.
It's pretty much flawless. It is one of the most solid, neutral-feeling cars I've driven in the game.
You can really push it without having to strain yourself. When you get into a groove in the race, it's just as smooth
as it can be, especially through the esses, degners and spoon. I guess I could ramp the ABS up just a smidge at the
hairpin and casio to slow the car down that little bit quicker, but quite frankly, I'm not that coordinated at the moment :dopey:
to risk loosing my concentration in a race.

Thanks again mate, awesome tune :cheers:

Thankyou very much fellas.:embarrassed: My best time in it stands at 1'56.9xx without slipstream, I've seen mid 1'56s with slipstream- thought I was headed for a 1'55 with slipstream one race until a "racing incident" occured.:lol: Anyway, thanks again for trying my tune.đź‘Ť

I love the TLD-R Corvette C6 Cup car Paulie.đź‘Ť I did a 1'56.666 in it but there is more to come. I'm doing consistent low 57's in race.:D It's so easy to drive and consistent which is very important in racing and especially for the upcoming GTP race event 03.

I noticed that the car stays very stable the whole way through the track but especially at turn 1/2 and degner. It feels beautiful to drive around there. It doesn't have too much oversteer or understeer, it seems to have a nice compromise. It won't bite you or do anything unexpected which is great.

I found that the gearing works quite nicely too around suzuka. I'm using 2nd through most of the esses. I'm nearly taking Dunlop curve flat, but I just lift to get the nose into the corner. I also change from 2nd to 3rd on turn in to get the nose in.

Down sides to this tune are, it does understeer through dunlop a bit. Ummm, I can't think of anything else.:lol::D

I'd say it's a 9/10.đź‘Ť:cheers:

TLD Ferrari F430 Predator Edition​
(496bhp) (343ft-lbs) (1232kg) (651 PP)​

2336098568_896a372d39.jpg

Performance:

Power: 0
Weight: 85%
Downforce: 15/20

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: +0/+0
Spring Rates: 7/4
Damper: 5/6
Toe: -0.20/+0.10
Camber: 2.0/1.2

Brake Balance: 4/6

Max Turn Angle: 50 (sixaxis users may want to adjust this setting)

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.838
2nd: 2.160
3rd: 1.742
4th: 1.403
5th: 1.126
6th: 0.904
Final: 4.440

Description:
The Ferrari F430, an already magnificent car but the team here at TLD just didn't think it was exciting enough. Now after a complete weight reduction program, some stick tyres and a stiffer more taught suspension, we feel the transformation from magnificent to just epic has been made. The close gear ratios keep you in the power band and you get that beautiful whail as you smash the gas and catapult towards the next corner. Activating the cars launch control allowed us to hit 60mph in just 3.5 seconds, and on to 100 in 7.5. The climb back down to 0 took a mere 3.0 seconds, thanks to big brakes, lightweight and of course those sticky barely legal tyres.
The TLD F430 will slide if provoked, and is a joy to drive fast. However the cars top speed is 179mph so it has been known to max out with a big slipstream down the long Fuji straight.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
All road courses.

Tuner's Notes:
Light, responsive, noisy, fast, this is everything a supercar should be and some. Very little understeer and tonnes of grip although smashing the gas could end in a large drift, the car is controllable thanks to quick ratio steering.
Engage launch control by stopping, selecting 2nd gear, red lining and then launching.

Last edited:
Announcement
TLD is proud to introduce Predator Editions. Predator Editions are essentially our own interpretations of the car, the REAL aftermarket TLD version, not this "set to parameters" online crap. Check the first page for the full write-up by Dragonistic.:)

Hope you're ready to do some linking on the first page Paulie, I'm going to spam this page with set ups.

Ready when you are, first page is already set up.

I love the TLD-R Corvette C6 Cup car Paulie.đź‘Ť I did a 1'56.666 in it but there is more to come. I'm doing consistent low 57's in race.:D It's so easy to drive and consistent which is very important in racing and especially for the upcoming GTP race event 03.

I noticed that the car stays very stable the whole way through the track but especially at turn 1/2 and degner. It feels beautiful to drive around there. It doesn't have too much oversteer or understeer, it seems to have a nice compromise. It won't bite you or do anything unexpected which is great.

I found that the gearing works quite nicely too around suzuka. I'm using 2nd through most of the esses. I'm nearly taking Dunlop curve flat, but I just lift to get the nose into the corner. I also change from 2nd to 3rd on turn in to get the nose in.

Down sides to this tune are, it does understeer through dunlop a bit. Ummm, I can't think of anything else.:lol::D

I'd say it's a 9/10.đź‘Ť:cheers:

Thanks for the review Mad.đź‘Ť I've been using 3rd through the whole esses myself, keeps it right in the power band, but if it's giving you that extra turn then by all means.đź‘Ť My fastest lap is still a 1'56.9 but I think there's more in it for me too, I haven't had much chance for hotlapping since though.:( Anyway, thanks a heap for using my tune, I hope it brings you good fortune in Event 03.:)

Edit: w00t, we've reached 50,000 views.:sly:

TLD Nissan GTR Predator Edition​
(531bhp) (453ft-lbs) (1479kg) (659 PP)​

Flat-Black-Nissan-GT_R-03.jpg

Performance:

Power: +10
Downforce: 2/2

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rates: 6/3
Damper: 3/5
Camber: 2.3/1.8

Brake Balance: 6/2
F/R Torque Dist: 35/65

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.354
2nd: 2.189
3rd: 1.704
4th: 1.345
5th: 1.073
6th: 0.877
Final: 3.700

Description:
The Nissan GTR, an already legendary car for many reasons. What really messes with you head on this car is how such a heavy car pulls such amazing numbers. Naturally the first thing the team did was strip and lighten the car as much as possible, this is one of my primary tuning concepts and a neccessity for such a heavy vehicle. After that we remapped the ECU and turbo settings to deliver torque all across the rev range and a slightly higher power output, rated at 531bhp. The results show, with a 0-60 time of 3.1 seconds, 0-100 in an incredible 6.9 seconds and then all the way back in the same time as the 200kg lighter TLD F430 Predator Ed, at 3 seconds flat.
As for the handling aspects we have plenty of liftoff oversteer to get the nose in, which is easily controlled, and then using the F/R torque distribution, we opted to provide maximum traction and remove any oversteer making this car easy to exit corners with maximum speed and very forgiving to drive.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
All road courses.

Tuner's Notes:
This car is insanely fast off the line, engage launch control by changing the F/R torque distribution to 30/70 rather then 35/65 (some people may want to continue driving on 30/70). The general pick up of the car is fantastic and the double clutch transmission further helps this monster rocket out of bends. As mentioned there's some liftoff oversteer to help get the cars nose to turn in, but most average drivers will still be able to control this characteristic. Braking is also advised to be done mostly in a straight line and only feathering the brakes whilst turning.

Subaru Impreza TLD STI Predator Edition ('05)​
(445bhp) (315ft-lbs) (1181kg) (620 PP)​

subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-rb320-richard-burns-special-edition-9647.jpg

Performance:

Power: +86
Downforce: N/A

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -35/-35
Spring Rates: 8/6
Damper: 6/6
Camber: 2.0/1.5

Brake Balance: 4/5
F/R Torque Dist: 35/65

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.131
2nd: 2.375
3rd: 1.898
4th: 1.500
5th: 1.175
6th: 0.930
Final: 3.900

Description:
The road going rally car has always been a fun car to drive, but we've not just taken the car one step up, we've taken this car through the roof. A new turbocharger, exhaust and overall engine reworking has been done to achieve 445 raging horses roaming around the engine bay and this can only mean one thing in a 4WD rally inspired lightened road car. Powerslides! and boy does this car love to slide. Take this car out to the twisty turns of Eiger Nordwand and get ready for the huge grin to follow as the car effortless hangs it's tail out around the bends. Top speed is a little above 175 so again, this can be reached under heavy slipstreaming.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
All road courses.

Tuner's Notes:
Some liftoff oversteer has been achieved allowing you to slide into the corner and then it's up to you whether to regain traction immediately or keep a 4 wheel drift all the way through. It can be driven without breaking traction much and set some blistering lap times, however this isn't what the cars designed for, it's designed to be a joy to drive and that it is.

Latest Posts

Back