Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
No, I would never do such a thing! Because I already did :sly:

TLD Honda NSX Type R 650PP

That F40 race was pretty crazy, I didn't mean to stumble across it I just ended up in there as a lone NSX against 10 F40s :lol: Something crazy happened on one of the straights early on, I was driving along overtaking one of them, then another somehow ended up heavily hitting me and then spinning in my rear view. I tried to message the person concerned but got the wrong one, do you by any chance know who that was so I can apolagise for the incident?

As for the NSX it was set up on Suzuka but it was running strong on Fuji as well.

I posted at PureGT so maybe whoever else was involved can come forward and understand that the incident was server related and not intentional on your part.

I posted at PureGT so maybe whoever else was involved can come forward and understand that the incident was server related and not intentional on your part.

Thanks, appreciate it, although I wasn't on my GTP account, I still don't want my own name tarnished.

I rather like the idea behind the Predator editions, but the PPs are falling so little above 650 that people will inevitably run them with lower power anyway. Not, of course, that this really matters; the idea is to ignore PP, so my point is irrelevant.

I haven't been playing GT5P at all recently, but I think I'll restart very soon; these tunes are tantalizing. I'm taking a very utilitarian approach to the career mode of the game until I beat the final class, so I like how you've just tuned two cars that I unavoidably own, one which desperately needed a tune and one which I thought was already perfect. Tell me, is the GT-R actually okay to drive? I'd be amazed if it were.

The 430, I suspect, will be fabulous; any less and you'd be making it worse. :)

I'm aware they fall just above 650PP, but even lowered to 650 they're pretty useless as they aren't using R tyres.

The GTR? without meaning to blow my own trumpet but I personally didn't enjoy the GTR until I changed it. It's still a bit of a handful under brakes on some corners, but so long as they're not slammed on it's controllable.

You use "Simulation" under Wheel settings right? And feedback on what number?

Feedback varies from driver to driver and is entirely preference. I personally use 7 (except for drifting where I use 5), I don't know what Dragonistic uses.

Edit: So, I had a drive of Dragonistic's Cappuccino/Tuned Predator Edition. First thing I did was apply the performance parts and test it without the suspension/gearbox tuning. The car actually felt reasonable, with turn-in being spot on. The car had a slight tendency to oversteer through longer higher speed corners, but in slow corners like Casio at Suzuka it was unbearable, you have to be so careful because whether you're on the throttle, brakes or simply coasting, the rear end would swing out and it'd be like driving on ice. So, I applied the tuning and went out to see what'd changed. The suspension work feels solid, if not a little harsh over bumps dues to the unchanged firm dampers, but through longer corners and high speed corners the car is easy to drive. Through the slow corners it's only a little better, but that rear end is still difficult to keep in check. I wasn't too sure about the gear ratios either, I would have done it very differently, but they still work in anything except a slow pace corner. The car has good pace and would be good fun to race against some high end sports cars. Sorry if I sound negative,:dunce: I just like to get to the point.👍

Last edited:
Is there a tune for the WRS Week 32 599 at Fuji F. How can it be set up on the conservative side, with control in mind for intermediate drivers looking to improve?

Is there a tune for the WRS Week 32 599 at Fuji F. How can it be set up on the conservative side, with control in mind for intermediate drivers looking to improve?

In testing now, should be out very soon.👍

I must say, the Cappucino is deliberately stiff and twitchy, the gearings may be off I changed the ratios but forgot to take it round a slow corner after so perhaps that is off. It was more of a technical exercise then the other cars, try the F430 or GTR to get a better feel for my Predators :)

I must say, the Cappucino is deliberately stiff and twitchy, the gearings may be off I changed the ratios but forgot to take it round a slow corner after so perhaps that is off. It was more of a technical exercise then the other cars, try the F430 or GTR to get a better feel for my Predators :)

Fair enough.👍 I was going to try your GTR as well today but then week 2 of Event 03 started so I got to work on a 599 tune for it.👍

TLD 599 GTS Fiorano
(363kw) (577Nm) (1611kg) (650 PP)

tunesheet_599.jpg

Performance:

Power: -20
Weight: 102%
Tyres: R2

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -13/-10
Spring Rate: 9/6
Damper: 2/3
Toe: -0.20/+0.16
Camber: 2.0/1.2

Brake Balance: 4/8

Max Turn Angle: 48

All driving aids are up to the driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.060
2nd: 2.087
3rd: 1.584
4th: 1.255
5th: 1.012
6th: 0.844
Final: 3.640

Description: Ladies and gentlemen, TLD presents a race ready version of the 599 designed to compete in a one-off one-make race sponsored and run by GT Planet. Surely this car is out there to win races, so we've out in some development and hard yaka to produce this tune we are so graciously sharing. Enjoy the look on your opponent's face in your rear view mirror..............unless he also made the wise decision of shopping with TLD, in which case you better drive good.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Fuji Speedway

Tuner's Notes:
5spd gearbox
Don't rev past 8,000rpm
Make use of lift-off oversteer where required

Last edited:
In keeping with my FWD phase, here is my...

TLD/JCW Mini Cooper GTS Review

I've always been a fan of the original Mini Cooper, and not so much the new Mini. Heavier and larger, it didn't seem to convey the liveliness of its predecessor. After taking it for a chilly Suzuka track outing, it seemed to be pretty good actually, better than I thought it would be (Probably mainly due to the R1 tyres). But it just didn't seem to have the same spirit as I imagine the original does - this is where TLD come in. More power, less weight, aggressive suspension... Just what the doctor ordered! Turn in is more pronounced and pointy, corner exit is tighter, and that annoying FWD understeer has been reigned in a bit, too. Quicker in feel and reality, particularly more nimble and controllable through the second corner and esses, my least favourite part of the track - now they are easier to take and more fun! This car is so easy to drive, too: it does what I expect, every time, making consistent lap times much easier.

For example: once, when taking the standard Mini through the high-speed left-hander, I went a little wide on the exit and clipped the ripple strip, only getting two wheels on it. However, this was apparently enough to unsettle the car, sending it into a biiiiiiiig 5th gear slide and I ended up facing backwards. By chance, I did the same thing in the TLD Mini and it was barely fazed by it, I only had to correct slightly and she was on course for the upcoming chicane.

Great work Paulie! 👍 I now have more respect for the newer generation Mini (at least when tuned in GT5P :lol:)

Last edited:
In keeping with my FWD phase, here is my...

TLD/JCW Mini Cooper GTS Review

I've always been a fan of the original Mini Cooper, and not so much the new Mini. Heavier and larger, it didn't seem to convey the liveliness of its predecessor. After taking it for a chilly Suzuka track outing, it seemed to be pretty good actually, better than I thought it would be (Probably mainly due to the R1 tyres). But it just didn't seem to have the same spirit as I imagine the original does - this is where TLD come in. More power, less weight, aggressive suspension... Just what the doctor ordered! Turn in is more pronounced and pointy, corner exit is tighter, and that annoying FWD understeer has been reigned in a bit, too. Quicker in feel and reality, particularly more nimble and controllable through the second corner and esses, my least favourite part of the track - now they are easier to take and more fun! This car is so easy to drive, too: it does what I expect, every time, making consistent lap times much easier.

For example: once, when taking the standard Mini through the high-speed left-hander, I went a little wide on the exit and clipped the ripple strip, only getting two wheels on it. However, this was apparently enough to unsettle the car, sending it into a biiiiiiiig 5th gear slide and I ended up facing backwards. By chance, I did the same thing in the TLD Mini and it was barely fazed by it, I only had to correct slightly and she was on course for the upcoming chicane.

Great work Paulie! 👍 I now have more respect for the newer generation Mini (at least when tuned in GT5P :lol:)

Thanks for the great review again AyJay, I'm pleased to have been able to change your opinion about a car via good tuning.👍 Hope your skills with the wheel are improving with every tune.:sly:

Well my exams are almost completely over now. I've had more predators editions developed and half way there on a few more. I'm waiting for a review of either my F430 or GTR before releasing any of them though.

Hey TLD, its great seeing the new addition of the Predator Edition setups! This is what I love to see, setups meant for enjoyment and fun, and not just competitive purposes. Great job, and I honestly cannot wait to see what you guys come up with when GT5 hits the shelves.

Best Regards.

Dragonistic, I should be able to review the GTR tomorrow I think, we'll see.

Hey TLD, its great seeing the new addition of the Predator Edition setups! This is what I love to see, setups meant for enjoyment and fun, and not just competitive purposes. Great job, and I honestly cannot wait to see what you guys come up with when GT5 hits the shelves.

Best Regards.

Thanks shawtyowner, appreciate the comments and feedback on the Predator Editions.:)

Well my exams are almost completely over now. I've had more predators editions developed and half way there on a few more. I'm waiting for a review of either my F430 or GTR before releasing any of them though.

Just cause I wanna see more from you, Dragonistic (and now I really do want more) :P :

TLD Nissan GTR: Predator Edition Review

After driving Nissan's new GTR for a little while, although it is a quick and somewhat fun car especially for its price, it felt a little too "clinical". Exhibiting understeer if I went into a corner a little too fast, not being very forgiving when a slide is induced. Especially now I've got to learn to use my G25, I have to deal with this understeer and snap-back oversteer, uncontrollably so most of the time for me. So I feel like I have to drive slower, in order to make a fast lap. Not what I would call a thrilling drive, most of the time.

TLD's Predator Edition GTR, however, makes this cumbersome and annoying understeer virtually disappear with great use of lift off oversteer. Steering response improved with an increased turning angle, and suspension work makes sure to make any oversteer situation more manageable - even for me! When given extra throttle , powerslides out of corners are controllable and smooth, with a little bit of the GTRs characteristic snap-back still present. Gearbox and F/R torque distribution tweaks improve acceleration, while still leaving enough in the gearing to reach a top speed high enough to overtake opponents - especially when slipstreaming! Overall a much, much more fun car than standard, and I think probably faster too. Not that that's the main issue here :P

A great Predator Edition, really highlighting what they're all about. 👍 I might try your STI tomorrow, too - if I can handle it! :lol:

Last edited:
TLD 512 BB Predator Edition
(334kw) (491Nm) (1190kg) (620 PP)

tunesheet_ferrari_512BB.gif

Performance:

Power: +20
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 3/7
Damper: 2/4
Toe: -0.15/+0.22
Camber: 2.0/1.8

Brake Balance: 5/5

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids turned off except ABS at 1.

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.918
2nd: 1.990
3rd: 1.550
4th: 1.245
5th: 1.000
Final: 3.070

Description: The 512 BB is an absolute classic, the quad carb 5.0L Boxer 12cyl engine is a real pearl as well. But how did it compare to modern day supercars? Not too favourably, so The Lion's Den got their hands on one and went to work immediately. The engine has been worked over to produce a prodigous 334kw, and the body stripped down with most panels replaced with carbon fibre. So now the car also weighs just 1190kg. The car's suspension has also been worked over with all modern and adjustable equipment, tuned by TLD, and the gearbox replaced with a stronger 5spd with smarter ratios. The result? 0-100km/hr in under 4sec and on to a top speed well over 300km/hr, including lap times on par with an Audi R8. The only downside is because the chassis is an older design it can be a little snappy when pushed past its limit, but at least that limit has been greatly increased. Enjoy preying on the unsuspecting in this classic turned Predator Edition.

Tracks tuned for/on:
All tracks

Tuner's Notes:
Shift up at 7,500rpm
Make use of lift-off oversteer and excellent turn-in

Just cause I wanna see more from you, Dragonistic (and now I really do want more) :P :

TLD Nissan GTR: Predator Edition Review

After driving Nissan's new GTR for a little while, although it is a quick and somewhat fun car especially for its price, it felt a little too "clinical". Exhibiting understeer if I went into a corner a little too fast, not being very forgiving when a slide is induced. Especially now I've got to learn to use my G25, I have to deal with this understeer and snap-back oversteer, uncontrollably so most of the time for me. So I feel like I have to drive slower, in order to make a fast lap. Not what I would call a thrilling drive, most of the time.

TLD's Predator Edition GTR, however, makes this cumbersome and annoying understeer virtually disappear with great use of lift off oversteer. Steering response improved with an increased turning angle, and suspension work makes sure to make any oversteer situation more manageable - even for me! When given extra throttle , powerslides out of corners are controllable and smooth, with a little bit of the GTRs characteristic snap-back still present. Gearbox and F/R torque distribution tweaks improve acceleration, while still leaving enough in the gearing to reach a top speed high enough to overtake opponents - especially when slipstreaming! Overall a much, much more fun car than standard, and I think probably faster too. Not that that's the main issue here :P

A great Predator Edition, really highlighting what they're all about. 👍 I might try your STI tomorrow, too - if I can handle it! :lol:

Thanks alot, great review and I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Looks like I better get to work releasing some more then.

Seeing as you made the review I'll let you choose whats released first (although some may need some extra tweaks during the course of today).
Your options are:
DB9
Amuse/Opera 350Z
'07 Impreza
R8
NSX

Choose any 2 :)

Last edited:
Thanks alot, great review and I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Looks like I better get to work releasing some more then.

Seeing as you made the review I'll let you choose whats released first (although some may need some extra tweaks during the course of today).
Your options are:
DB9
Amuse/Opera 350Z
'07 Impreza
R8
NSX

Choose any 2 :)

:drool: Oooh, the choices! I don't think I own any of these yet for some reason... As for which 2 to release first, I'd love to take the 350Z out and work on my RWD control :scared: And maybe the Impreza, to go with its predecessor. I might even do somewhat of a review comparison :D Then again, these are just personal opinion, and I don't think that I have enough skill with my G25 to be able to control most of the other cars yet... so if anyone else really wants another released instead, speak up! I'm sure feedback and input is welcome here :)

TLD Delta HF Integrale Predator Edition
(200kw) (314Nm) (1147kg) (523 PP)

tunesheet_Lancia.jpg

Performance:

Power: +46
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -35/-33
Spring Rates: 7/5
Damper: 5/3
Toe: -0.16/-0.16
Camber: 1.9/1.3

Brake Balance: 2/9

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.595
2nd: 2.440
3rd: 1.702
4th: 1.285
5th: 0.997
Final: 3.075

Description: TLD is proud to present an old rally stage hero, the Delta HF Integrale. Technology has come a long way over the years though, so TLD decided to hand out some loving to this old hot hatch and turn it into a modern day sports car fighter, from rally knight to tarmac warrior. We began by working on the engine in addition to fitting a bigger turbo and sports exhaust. The result is 200 flying kilowatts. Interior luxuries removed and carbon fibre panels used the old AWD hatch now weighs in at a scant 1147kg. Then came the important part, the suspension work. It's now lowered, stiffened and sharpened to make an agile vehicle you can really chuck in to the corners. This Predator Edition sports a beefy exhaust note and tough old school styling, those modern sports cars won't be expecting it to be so fast.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
All

Tuner's Notes:
Shift up at redline
Throw it in and power out, stable as a house built on stone

I didn't get time to drive your GTR today either.:ouch: I will do it eventually.👍

TLD 350Z/T Predator Edition​
(402bhp) (281ft-lbs) (1232kg) (619 PP)​
Picture Not Available

Performance:

Power: +5
Tyres: S3/S3
Downforce: 5/15

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring Rates: 7/5
Damper: 5/7
Toe: -0.20/+0.10
Camber: 2.8/1.4

Brake Balance: 6/5

Max Turn Angle: 45 (sixaxis users may want to adjust this setting)

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.206
2nd: 2.281
3rd: 1.783
4th: 1.404
5th: 1.102
6th: 0.976
Final: 4.040

Description:
The Nissan 350Z, straight from the factory you get a pretty powerful with around 300bhp from the 3.5 V6 up front. The guys here at TLD thought this was a little pedestrian though, so the power was upped to over 400bhp and 281 ft-lbs of torque through use of a new turbo charger. This means all the power is of course up high, so the next thing we did was yank out the old transmission and gearing, replace them with our own ratios and new clutch for quicker shifter. Now with the power sorted out, we needed something to keep it on the road, first up was a brand new body kit, both stylish and functional adding extra downforce to the car. This was followed up by giving the car some new shoes with lightweight wheels and sticky sports tyres, connected to the road by TLD in-house made suspension ready for the track. All of which accumulated to also reduce weight, as the aero kit was made of lighter materials then those of the stock version, but further weight loss was undertaken leaving the car weighing in at 1232kg.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
All road courses.

Tuner's Notes:
Shift on redline to maximise acceleration. Turbo lag is present (can't really do much about it unfortunately) so keep this in mind when exiting corners in low revs, use higher gears (thus lower revs) when coming out of slow bends to avoid spinning the tyres if neccessary.

Generally just be aware that you still have 400 raging stallions under the hood, this car has alot of traction but you can still break loose if provoked.

Last edited:
Back