Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -45/-45
Spring Rates: 7/6
Damper: 7/7
Toe: -0.30/+0.19
Camber: 2.7/2.0

Brake Balance: 4/6

Max Turn Angle: 50 (sixaxis users may want to adjust this setting)

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.131
2nd: 2.375
3rd: 1.852
4th: 1.470
5th: 1.175
6th: 0.930
Final: 3.900

Description:
This Impreza behaves much the same as our previous, infact so closely there's only 1bhp in it with this new Impreza running 444bhp and the older Predator Edition model using 445bhp. This car just like our other Impreza loves to 4 wheel drift, pulling huge powerslides particularly on Eiger and is as close as we're going to get to WRC cars until the full game. Power delivery comes high in the rev range due to the use of turbos and the gears compensate for this by keeping you in the power band (so long as you're in the right gear!). I recommend taking this car into the mountains and just throwing it around, however this car will also happily grip forever if you don't provoke it.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
All road courses.

Tuner's Notes:
Tonnes of grip in this one, and extremely controllable when sideways. This Impreza despite lower PP, is possibly marginally faster then the other and accelerates like a bat out of hell.

The car won't slide until provoked with a bit of a heavy foot meaning you can be in full control all the time.

Easing my way into more 4WD (and RWD :scared:) adventures with the G25, I wanted to start out with a quick car that wouldn't whip me around every lap. Browsing through TLD's ever-growing catalogue, I spotted their Racing Tuned Evo IX: "Extremely easy driving in this class, excellent brakes and cornering." Seems like I found what I was looking for :sly:

TLD Mitsubishi Evo Ascension HHP Review

Really, the two hardest things for me when taking this car onto the track were:
1) Getting the hang of it's lift-off oversteer and throttle understeer, and
2) Picking the paint colour. Really. This car is that easy to drive, it only takes a few laps to get the hang of the technique, and then consistency is practically your best friend :dopey: Great brakes allow for late braking, great tyre and suspension setup mean no wheelspin and good cornering. The only things letting this car down would be the lack of power, meaning other cars make their getaway on the longer straights, and mainly for 'eager' drivers like me, getting on the throttle too early can mean that the engineered understeer can work against you :ouch:

And when it says "straight line speed lacking" it means it, this car cannot really compete at Fuji due to the loooooong straight, but at places like Suzuka I was even keeping up with 750PP cars for a while! Me! :dopey:

Overall, an easy and enjoyable car to drive consistently, with the lift-off oversteer giving me some smiles too :sly:

It was originally tuned for Suzuka 650PP, where the consistency was a valuable weapon taking it to consistent podiums and even the odd win. I've no idea how the gearing will react on Fuji, but it might be worth trading more power in for less downforce and such a circuit. Even then, there's just not enough grunt behind it on a track with such a straight.

It would appear it achieved it's target of easy smooth driving however, shame it doesn't have an event to be competitive in anymore. Thanks for the feedback, glad to know you had fun with it.

Brake balance change on the alternative "faster" setup on the Z06/Tuned for GTP Event 03.

Edit: And again.

Last edited:
I finally began playing GT5P again! Tried out a couple of tunes, too:

TLD-R Elise 111R Track
This car is very strange to drive. The acceleration is immense, but it doesns't feel like that at all. I have no idea exactly how it's been done, but this car is the easiest to drive at high speeds. The mad oversteer I expected was totally absent, instead replaced by an ever-so-gentle pushing of the rear if I drive like a lunatic. It flattens bumps with an iron fist, so that it can do a bit of rallying if you wish, without getting out of shape. The top speed is good enough for Fuji, even if the car isn't really the Fuji type. The only negative I could really find about the car was the low-speed handling (strange to say about Elise...): I nearly parked when the wheels spun coming out of the hairpin at Suzuka. First gear is definitely a no-no. Otherwise, excellent car!

TLD Nissan GTR Predator Edition
Excellent! The car finally feels as if it has dampers! The suspension is sublime, it has just the right amount of movement. It still oversteers under braking and understeers under throttle, but not nearly as much as the standard car. In fact, hardly at all. Trail-braking is still an excessively manly proposition, but with the power split at 30:70, the corner exit is about as good as one can expect, without being difficult. And, joy of joys, when the rear goes out, you can actually get it back! I don't particularly like the car, but I am very impressed. Well done.

Both tunes were quite good! I'm having a bit of an issue with the race progression in-game; Do you have any good 750PP R1 setups?

I finally began playing GT5P again! Tried out a couple of tunes, too:

This car is very strange to drive. The acceleration is immense, but it doesns't feel like that at all. I have no idea exactly how it's been done, but this car is the easiest to drive at high speeds. The mad oversteer I expected was totally absent, instead replaced by an ever-so-gentle pushing of the rear if I drive like a lunatic. It flattens bumps with an iron fist, so that it can do a bit of rallying if you wish, without getting out of shape. The top speed is good enough for Fuji, even if the car isn't really the Fuji type. The only negative I could really find about the car was the low-speed handling (strange to say about Elise...): I nearly parked when the wheels spun coming out of the hairpin at Suzuka. First gear is definitely a no-no. Otherwise, excellent car!

Both tunes were quite good! I'm having a bit of an issue with the race progression in-game; Do you have any good 750PP R1 setups?

Thanks for the review on the Elise, it sounds like I was able to achieve the smooth driving experience I was aiming for instead of the usual twitchy "oh crap" driving of the Elise. Dragonistic's TLD-R Dodge Viper/Tuned has a decent setup for the event you require.;)

Edit:
TLD Ferrari F430 Predator Edition Review
What was going to be a trip to Japan's Mt Fuji and Fuji Raceway for TLD's GTR R35 Predator Edition turned into a trip for TLD's F430 Predator Edition when the GTR was loaned out to a potential buyer for a test drive. I got to the track to find the lightened, hardened, sharpened F430 ready to go. I tested it first without the setup applied as always to see what improvements had been made. The stock setup had turn-in isssues, major 2nd gear wheelspin issues, and even the typical MR lift-off oversteer wasn't entirely present which meant loads of understeer pretty much everywhere. As I was writing these notes down the pit crew from TLD's own racing team, TLD-R were applying the Predator Edition setup. I went back out and what an improvement had been made! Turn-in is now crisp as burnt toast, and the lift-off oversteer now very useable indeed. The 2nd gear has remained the same, but overall the gearbox is so short, especially 3rd gear, you can now use 3rd instead of 2nd at almost every corner except maybe the tightest tight corners. At a track like Fuji it was quite noticeable that with any car punching a hole in the air in front of you for even a remotely brief moment you'll be hitting the fuel cut-out by the end of the straight so you'll be searching for lots of clean cool air, also to keep that engine cool which is very highly strung and sits at very high rpm a lot of the time. By using the launch control 0-100km/hr comes in just 3.4sec, top speed is close to 290km/hr. This knocks almost a second off the standard F430's setup, more off a full weight standard F430. I found the shockies to be very hard, and I pity anyone who ventures on to a rumble strip with it, perhaps softer shocks are in order? Overall a great setup, lots of fun, well done.👍

Last edited:
TLD Corvette Z06 Predator Edition
(376kw) (636Nm) (1207kg) (659 PP)

Jakeblack1.jpg

Performance:

Power: 0
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -35/-33
Spring Rate: 6/4
Damper: 3/2
Toe: -0.14/+0.39
Camber: 1.4/1.1

Brake Balance: 7/8

Max Turn Angle: 50

Driving aids up to driver, tuned and driven with all aids turned off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.260
4th: 1.024
5th: 0.844
6th: 0.596
Final: 3.305

Description: The Lion's Den Corvette Z06 Predator Edition, let me start out by saying, it's not a point and shoot car, it's not easy to drive, beginners may want to steer clear, and you know what? That's what makes it great! This is a true supercar that rewards the true driver. Weighing in at just 1207kg thanks to a TLD weight reduction program, the 7.0L LS7 V8 has been left untouched, and instead we focused on handling and performance by other measures. The suspension has been tuned, as has the gearbox and brakes. With 0-100km/hr coming in under 4sec and a top speed over 320km/hr acceleration and power is in no short supply, and now the handling is there to match it.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
All

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned as 5spd
Smooth and easy driving required

Last edited:
I finally got time to try the Predator Lancia.

I haven't got time to do a review right now, but I enjoyed it alot. It's on par with the (stock) Evo9 in terms of handling and fun factor - but I would like it to eek more power.

Anyways - on the whole, very pleasing. Review will come in time 👍

TLD Ferrari F430 Predator Edition Review
I found the shockies to be very hard, and I pity anyone who ventures on to a rumble strip with it, perhaps softer shocks are in order? Overall a great setup, lots of fun, well done.👍

I think thats just where our tuning styles clash, I like extremely stiff cars generally, gives me nice feedback through the wheel :) I usually opt for a softer set for a easier drive but I think the F430 is plenty easy to drive as it is.

As for that 2nd gear wheelspin, I actually found messing with the gearing to stop it caused it to bog down on launch and having a constant wheelspin would slingshot it off the line. However I am considering moving all the gears up so 1st is closer to where second is now, thus raising the top speed seeing as first is currently there more as a road gear for parking at what not.

I finally got time to try the Predator Lancia.

I haven't got time to do a review right now, but I enjoyed it alot. It's on par with the (stock) Evo9 in terms of handling and fun factor - but I would like it to eek more power.

Anyways - on the whole, very pleasing. Review will come in time 👍

I would have liked to have given it more power but it would compromise the bottom end too much.:(

I'm still annoyed with PD for how the Z06 takes high speed corners like at Suzuka, where the tail just falls away like it's on ice, I see cars like the F430 an GT have no such problem.:grumpy: Something to keep in mind when driving the Z06 Predator Edition. (It suits Fuji much better than Suzuka)

I'm still annoyed with PD for how the Z06 takes high speed corners like at Suzuka, where the tail just falls away like it's on ice, I see cars like the F430 an GT have no such problem.:grumpy: Something to keep in mind when driving the Z06 Predator Edition. (It suits Fuji much better than Suzuka)

I agree, although I don't think it would be as stable as the 430 and GT in this respect, but it feels far looser then I'd imagine it would normally.

It has the same problem as the F40.

The f430 and the ford GT both have a rear diffuser increasing downforce IRL. The Ford GT has a downforce rating at the back on GT5P, but I'm not sure about the F430.

The f430 and the ford GT both have a rear diffuser increasing downforce IRL. The Ford GT has a downforce rating at the back on GT5P, but I'm not sure about the F430.

The F430 also gets downforce front and rear 10-20 or something along those lines.

Also having an FR layout compared to MR doesn't help.

Hey guys!

Loving the Predator edition Subaru Impreza 07 STi.

Soo much fun. I love WRC inspired tunes to just have a play about on Eiger with.
I did a similar thing with the 05 STi in the late AIM garage. Good work.

It slides when you want, exactly how you want. Awesome :)

Great stuff Paulie, I have been looking to generate some interest in the Eiger 550PP event. Maybe now that TLD has released some tunes for this event, I might start seeing more challenger's on track...I can only hope. :D:tup:

The F430 also gets downforce front and rear 10-20 or something along those lines.

I thought it would have. I'd actually be disapointed if it didn't. I just didn't want to make false claims:tup:

Also having an FR layout compared to MR doesn't help.

Quite, quite

Another thing against the Z06 is the fact it has much stiffer suspension than, say, a SRT10 - making it more agile, but less stable.

IRL I'm pretty sure the Z06 has a bit of downforce too, yet on GT5 it is rated 0/0.

I thought it would have. I'd actually be disapointed if it didn't. I just didn't want to make false claims:tup:

Quite, quite

Another thing against the Z06 is the fact it has much stiffer suspension than, say, a SRT10 - making it more agile, but less stable.

Stiff suspension doesn't mean taily at high speeds.......

Edit: Don't get your hopes too high for competitors at Eiger Rusty.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Loving the Predator edition Subaru Impreza 07 STi.

Soo much fun. I love WRC inspired tunes to just have a play about on Eiger with.
I did a similar thing with the 05 STi in the late AIM garage. Good work.

It slides when you want, exactly how you want. Awesome :)

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed it :)

IRL I'm pretty sure the Z06 has a bit of downforce too, yet on GT5 it is rated 0/0.

Isn't something like the 599 rated at 0-0 as well though? and doesn't that have a huge rear defuser?

Rusty - I'll join you for some eiger action. FWD 550 @ eiger is as good as a 750PP race at suzuka in terms of fun. I'll be with my mini.

I really feel there should be a 600PP 4WD race there.

Paulie, could your previous tune for the Mini be somehow adapted for eiger?

Man I want to race there right now! Too bad I can't :(

Rusty - I'll join you for some eiger action. FWD 550 @ eiger is as good as a 750PP race at suzuka in terms of fun. I'll be with my mini.

I really feel there should be a 600PP 4WD race there.

Paulie, could your previous tune for the Mini be somehow adapted for eiger?

Man I want to race there right now! Too bad I can't :(

From the Mini tune:

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Suzuka
Note- Same suspension setup likely anywhere else, just the Final drive ratio would need changing from track to track

Although I might suggest R3 tyres or something for Eiger.

From the Mini tune:

Although I might suggest R3 tyres or something for Eiger.

R3 on the front is a must, however it may be useful to use R1 or possibly even S3 on the rear and gain extra power. Dependant on your driving style.

Back