Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
So that brings the total drifters to.........2?:lol:

WOW! A WHOLE 2!!!! Seriously though, I wanted to make that one, and I doubt I'll be back in time next weekend either :( I still haven't attended one of the cruises. However, you can broaden your horizons if you head into 700 Suzuka, but that means NOT attending the drift haven of Eiger.

WOW! A WHOLE 2!!!! Seriously though, I wanted to make that one, and I doubt I'll be back in time next weekend either :( I still haven't attended one of the cruises. However, you can broaden your horizons if you head into 700 Suzuka, but that means NOT attending the drift haven of Eiger.

That's true about Eiger, oh well. I think we're actually looking at a half decent turn-out for the drift this time, well I mean, for a drift meet anyway.

What's this about a drift meet? If my internet's working, I'd love to attend, but I don't see a listed time...

What's this about a drift meet? If my internet's working, I'd love to attend, but I don't see a listed time...

In the Race Events forum, TLD Sponsored Track Days.

TLD Art Morrison Corvette
(418kw) (721Nm) (1221kg) (650 PP) (High Speed Ring)
(385kw) (690Nm) (1235kg) (700 PP) (High Speed Ring Reverse)
(385kw) (690Nm) (1235kg) (700 PP) (Suzuka)

0707sr_68_z+1960_corvette+.jpg

Performance:

Power: +4 -4 -4
Weight: 85% 86% 86%
Tyres: S3 R3 R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -12/-9 -20/-17 -20/-17
Spring Rates: 9/3 9/3 9/4
Damper: 4/2
Toe: -0.18/+0.38 -0.18/+0.20 -0.18/+0.40
Camber: 1.6/1.1 1.6/1.1 1.6/1.4

Brake Balance: 5/7

Max Turn Angle: 45 45 50

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308 2.380
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.240
4th: 0.998
5th: 0.818
6th: 0.692
Final: 3.095 3.915 3.350

Description: The Art Morrison Corvette, it's a muscle car doing the finest kind of muscle thing, going fast while looking and sounding better than everyone else. Art Morrison approached TLD to improve the handling of the beast, and so we offered the car a chance to compete in TLD's Corvette Challenge once we were done. We were particularly impressed with how responsive it is so long as you don't over drive it.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
High Speed Ring
High Speed Ring
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox
Don't use 2nd gear at HSR
Take a wide approach to most corners and get a run onto the straights
Tuned as 6spd, not allowed for drafting as this is a WRS tune
Use the steering wheel's shift light, it's nearly spot on

Smooth and conservative is fast

The new Art Morrison for Suzuka 700 PP

Hey Paulie, just wanted to say thanks for the fantastic tune for the AM Vette. At first I was a bit annoyed with the 'drivability' of the car but after giving it more attention with your tune I was able to get my laps down substantially lower, as you know. :sly:

So thanks again for the tune mate, and as always they never disappoint.

Hey Paulie, just wanted to say thanks for the fantastic tune for the AM Vette. At first I was a bit annoyed with the 'drivability' of the car but after giving it more attention with your tune I was able to get my laps down substantially lower, as you know. :sly:

So thanks again for the tune mate, and as always they never disappoint.

Cheers Nick, and FINALLY, someone actually posted in this thread about it.:lol::D Funny story a 4 spd is almost faster or on par everywhere except it loses so much ground at the hairpin it's void.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with what Nick said.👍 I find the rear to be very nervous, but that is probably a good thing come to think of it because I had trouble getting the fron to 'bite'. So making the rear nervous makes the car more 'nosey'. Gives it more turn.👍 So in that way I like this tune, I also like the Gearbox. I'd give this tune a 7.5/10.👍

What is the difference between this thread and this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105661

Well that is the old TLD thread. Paulie used to be known as nd 4 holden spd, but he got banned from Gtplanet. He was allowed to return but had to have a new user name. Obviously he wanted to keep his garage running, I would guess that as he was no longer nd 4 holden spd he couldn't edit any of his old posts ( like the first post that contains links to tunes ). So he started a new TLD thread.

yeah.. it's bit like The Black Stig and The White Stig.. :lol: without the driving talent. ;)

That may be true, but put me in a muscle car and I'm pretty damn good especially against other muscle cars.:sly:

And if there's some bends on the road? or a 'roo?

If there's some bends on the road I'll just ignore your biased comments and out-brake the car in front of me before powering out of the corner and off into the horizon. Roos require emergency evasion skills.

Indeed they do, but so do elks/mooses.. and we have to try and evade them in slippery conditions. those buggers are fast for their size and weight :scared: Although, now that you mentioned muscle cars.. I feel right at home in good old Viper GTS. In my hands, since the aids aren't involved, it's faster around almost any track than Z06.. or ZpinOf360 as I call it..

Indeed they do, but so do elks/mooses.. and we have to try and evade them in slippery conditions. those buggers are fast for their size and weight :scared: Although, now that you mentioned muscle cars.. I feel right at home in good old Viper GTS. In my hands, since the aids aren't involved, it's faster around almost any track than Z06.. or ZpinOf360 as I call it..

Then you don't know how to drive the Corvette, it's common knowledge the Z06 is faster, because it is, that's why I'm the muscle car guru and not you.:P

umm.. no, it's common knowledge that the Z06 is harder to drive at the limit. if you're not slipping, spinning and countersteering, you're not trying hard enough. :lol:

umm.. no, it's common knowledge that the Z06 is harder to drive at the limit. if you're not slipping, spinning and countersteering, you're not trying hard enough. :lol:

Sure Leo, what ever you say, you just keep overdriving your cars. Now stay out of my garage or I'll call the police.:lol:

Last edited:
TLD IS F V8 SC WC Road Going Prototype Predator Edition
(408kw) (551Nm) (1436kg) (643 PP)

199098.1-lg.jpg

Performance:

Power: +15
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -15/-13
Spring Rates: 7/5
Damper: 5/4
Toe: -0.14/+0.22
Camber: 1.6/1.2

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.990
2nd: 2.379
3rd: 1.863
4th: 1.533
5th: 1.281
6th: 1.092
7th: 0.894
8th: 0.740
Final: 2.500

Description: Vehicle testing and development has begun for the V8 Supercars World Championship scheduled to begin some time next year. The Lion's Den has also begun developing road going versions of these race cars, and this is the first one! The full name is The Lion's Den IS F V8 Supercar World Championship Road Going Prototype Predator Edition. Quite the mouthful no? This car is not actually for sale to the public yet, as it is merely used as a demonstrator vehicle to show potential customers what exciting products are on the way, and also because it's not a finished product. For the finished product we have planned revised engine tuning to boost low down power, stronger brakes, revised suspension and if we get out of hand (something we do pretty often), maybe even more! For now though, what we have is a de-tuned version of the 5.0L V8 race engine producing 408kw. Severe weight reductions have been under-taken, and while we still have 4 seats, they are reinforced carbon fibre shells with thin padding (rest assured this isn't a long distance cruiser). An upgraded suspension has been applied, but as mentioned, for the final version we have planned a similar setup albeit road tuned to the race car. The gearbox is a 6spd manual sequential shifter with optional paddle shifters on the wheel taken straight from the race car. Response from the brakes has been improved, but until the final version standard rotors and pads remain (not that the IS F's standard brakes are too shoddy). Additionally the quick ratio steering rack lifted straight from the race car is also used here. To top it all off it is shod in grippy semi-slick tyres. Is it really a supercar as the V8 Supercar title suggests? We thought we'd let some performance figures do the talking:
Top Speed: 320km/hr
Lateral Grip: 1.3 Gs
0-100km/hr: 4.2sec (reminded this is due to the tricky clutch, and low ride height, as well as the unfinished engine tuning)
And capable of outpacing modern supercars like the GTR and Z06.
Oh yes, even in its unfinished form this is some serious kit. If you're interested in testing this car, contact The Lion's Den and we'll organise a drive at your local track.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
Fuji Speedway
Daytona Road
Daytona Oval
High Speed Ring
(Open race tracks, it may perform rather lowsy at small enclosed tight tracks)

Tuner's Notes:
Short shifting to 3rd at some corners may be necessary
Power all the way to 7,200rpm- suggested shift point
Tuned to allow a little bit of power sliding for fun.

TLD Skyline Sedan SBC Road Going Prototype Predator Edition​
(295kw) (415Nm) (1368kg) (586 PP)

Image2.jpg

Performance:

Power: +24
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-28
Spring Rates: 8/5
Dampers: 5/3
Toe: -0.12/+0.19
Camber: 1.8/1.3

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.245
2nd: 2.022
3rd: 1.499
4th: 1.155
5th: 0.903
Final: 3.730

Description: Another agonisingly long vehicle name, The Lion's Den Skyline Sedan Six Banger Championship Road Going Prototype Predator Edition is another prototype similar to our IS F Predator Edition, except this one is the road going prototype version of the Six Banger Championship race car, a support/development series to the V8 Supercars using 6cyl sedans. This car has a few performance goodies between the panels, however it's nowhere near the final version, or what we'd like to do with the final version. Especially that 5spd gearbox, since the race cars mostly use 6spd sequential shifters, it's something we want gone by the final version, we wouldn't mind ever so slightly more power and better bottom end torque too. The suspension is upgraded, and brake response improved, but to be honest, there's not much on this car that we don't have plans to improve on before the final version. What we still have here though is a demonstrator vehicle to give a rough idea of what is to come, and at this point in time, it's 0-100km/hr in 4.9sec, top speed of 300km/hr and rather peppy pace around the track. Interested? Contact TLD and we'll organise a drive at your local track.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
All

Tuner's Notes:
The steering is very weak and unresponsive just off centre, be careful of this when racing in tight situations
Suggested shift point at 8,000rpm
Tuned to allow just a little on-demand power sliding for fun.

Last edited:
It's not what it is....period. SSS stands for Super Sports Sedan.

Go home pizza boy. It's what I'm abbreviating a full race series I'll be organising in GT5 to, end of story, whether you like it or not.

Edit: But since it's clearly causing confusion and upsetting the monkey (Grease Monkey that is :P), I'll change the series name as soon as I think of something half decent.

Go home pizza boy. It's what I'm abbreviating a full race series I'll be organising in GT5 to, end of story, whether you like it or not.

That wasn't it you ignorant fool. EA11R asked a proper question and you tried to answer it with bologne!! I read your description of it (Super Six Shootout) and gave EA11R the proper answer. And haha with the Pizzaboy comment, I don't go around calling you a weasel just because you share a name with Paulie Shore. ;) I might if you call me it again though. :cool:

Edit: But since it's clearly causing confusion and upsetting the monkey (Grease Monkey that is :P), I'll change the series name as soon as I think of something half decent.

You aren't confusing or upsetting me, just get the facts right first. :)

That wasn't it you ignorant fool. EA11R asked a proper question and you tried to answer it with bologne!! I read your description of it (Super Six Shootout) and gave EA11R the proper answer. And haha with the Pizzaboy comment, I don't go around calling you a weasel just because you share a name with Paulie Shore. ;) I might if you call me it again though. :cool:

I've no idea if this is all serious or sarcasm (from both sides) but I'm going to go ahead and advise it to be dropped if there's any drop of seriousness. This is aimed at both parties.

I've no idea if this is all serious or sarcasm (from both sides) but I'm going to go ahead and advise it to be dropped if there's any drop of seriousness. This is aimed at both parties.

:confused::confused: Dragon, it's always sarcasm, we're Aussies!! 👍 But he was wrong with the SSS comment and I pointed it out. :sly:

Pizzaboy (as Paulie called me :D) signing off. :P

*added bit* PM'ed Paulie to let him know about the ruffled feathers. :embarrassed:

Back