Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as our next pair we shall release some heavy artillery from the good old European manufacturers. Stay tuned.. :sly:

PF - Well, you could drop the Pajero into 1st when entering the corner and then throw in the 2nd when exiting it so... maybe. With the Renault it doesn't matter, don't rally it. Just don't.

Parnelli Bone - One of them is green and the other one is built like a tank. I have a feeling that the bazooka fits in there nicely.

Review: Jaguar XK-ER '61

My uncle had owned a green '63 XKE, so I wanted to see MFT's incarnation of the car. I was pleasantly suprised when I took the car for a test at Trial Mountain.
The first thing I noticed was how stable the car was in both acceleration and braking.The car didn't seem to want to break loose into the corners.
Through the corner, the car was easy to control. The handling is very nice, for both racing and just driving around.
Coming out of the corners, the car would brake loose if you applied too much gas, which was around 3/4 throttle for me. However, once it did start to slide, you could easily control the drift, and it wouldn't snap back.
Overall, I was very happy with the car. This was the first MFT car I ever drove, and I hope they're all this good.

Final Grade: 9/10

Oh, and I took a picture for you guys.
mftxke.jpg

Last edited:
FD-R'01

638 bhp, 670 Nm, 1071 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 4.0
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 6 / 8
Rebound: 8 / 6
Camber: 3.0 / 1.7
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 2 / 1

Transmission

NOTE! first do autoset, then final and last gear ratios

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.741
2nd: 1.906
3rd: 1.420
4th: 1.110
5th: 0.908
6th: 0.745
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 13
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Ever since RX-7's third generation, the FC, came out, people have been comparing it against the lower end Porsches like 944 etc. After introducing 4th generation (dubbed as FD), Mazda's only way to compete with Porsches was price and handling. But now, this issue has been fixed. Meet the FD-R, that has been designed and built as joint effort of MazdaSpeed, RE Amemiya and MFT. Before tuning it, the car was stripped to bare shell and all seams and welds were reinforced (even though it was a very low-mileage showroom car, showing only 6.2 miles on the odometer), making the chassis as rigid and competitive as it was from the factory. After that the engine went through complete rebuild and as a result, tiny 1.3l wankel-engine kicks out respectable 638bhp, thanks to the engine wizards of MFT. Aerodynamics and interior are of MazdaSpeeds finest, combining the rare Spec C aero parts and Spirit R interior, whereas suspension was finetuned by RE Amemiya. The result of this is a streetgoing racecar that gives hard time to cars that have about hundred horsepower more, and tons of more torque. God really lives in details, and with this car, He is with you especially at corners! Buckle up and go chase some Porsches with the tiny engine that can..!

Got any set up for drag racing on this car???

Got any set up for drag racing on this car???

If you haven't noticed, the furthest they deviate from track cars is rally cars.

Although Leo has made more than a few 300mph runs, he won't be doing so again any time soon and he's the type who likes to keep his setups for that safely wrapped up. ;)

LancerEvo7GSR - Thanks for breaking the ice! You certainly didn't pick an easy car to begin with, it's a nasty bugger when driven near the limits as the technology of the sixties isn't exactly the most sophisticated out there. It won't snap back when exiting a slide as that would necessitate grip, and there is just about none... but I can tell you one thing about the rest of our cars. If you expect them all to be this good, you're in for a disappointment. They're not all like this.

They're significantly better. You began with one of the toughest ones we have. :D

Now, a time for a newsflash.. It's an important and big day for MFT. Today we have been in business for two years! Funny, it feels like it's been just a few months, even with all the drama we had with a few people.. Now all that makes me chuckle. but now, some statistics from these two years..

In two years, we..
- have made 142 setups, and there's still many that haven't been published yet.
- have had approximately 260 visitors each day
- have probably have both slowest and fastest cars out of all tuners.

We will keep going until GT5 is out, then we will hopefully continue our successful garage there.

Well done MFT! Have really enjoyed looking through your setups, and hope you keep it going for us for a little while longer at least!

Might be able to squeeze a few reviews in soon, I'll see what I can do! Until then, I'm still reading and looking at your tunes in the background, don't worry! ;) 👍

Aston Martin DB7 V12 Vantage '00

496 bhp, 621 Nm, 1473 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Semi-racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 7.0
Ride Height: 115 / 125
Bound: 6 / 8
Rebound: 7 / 6
Camber: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 6 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.753
2nd: 1.894
3rd: 1.473
4th: 1.190
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.836
Final Gear: 3.310
Autoset 11

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 10

Driving Aids

In a way it's the good old DB7, the mainstay of Aston Martin for years, and that's only a good thing. But in a way it's something new under the trusty looks... it's the reincarnation for track use.

Using the same engine as the Vanquish - in a slightly different trim - it's quite a mover under the classy bodyshell. Geared to reach 300+ km/h and equipped with brakes to bleed all that speed off it's equally at home on the autobahns too, seeing that the suspension still has a good deal of streetability left in in despite having been beefed up suitably to take the forces of a ton and a half of iron making its way through the G forces. It's everything the original car was, with the exception of the luxury interior that had to be sacrificed, and more. Is it what it should have been from the beginning? You decide.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII SE '03

Very fast and extremely responsive.
The transmission is perfect. I've outran some JGTC cars with it. Very fun. The car did seem a little tail happy at higher speeds but adding the wing helped with that. Gear ratios good but could'nt get over 181 so I bumped the final down to 3.900 then was able to reach 200+/- and maintain it. Very responsive in the twisties. If not careful though car will oversteer and spin out. Watch steering input in mid speed turns and dont brake too hard at high speeds. By the way this car makes a good rally car. Just add dirt or snow tires and add about 20mm to ride hight for clearence and run downforce at 15 R and 10 R if you choose to use a wing. this will keep it from aiming for the sky when you go airborne.

Last edited:
Mercedes SL500R

500 bhp, 692 Nm, 1494 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 9.0
Ride Height: 112 / 140
Bound: 5 / 5
Rebound: 10 / 5
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: -3 / -2
Stabilizers: 6 / 7

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.451
2nd: 2.238
3rd: 1.738
4th: 1.369
5th: 1.075
Final Gear: 2.647

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 35
Acceleration: 17
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids

Some say that big Mercs, no matter how powerful they are, are dull and lacking in terms of passion and soul. That is quite understandable, since MB is German manufacturer, and things like passion and soul are totally unfathomable for them. However, they do know how to make excellent engines. One of those engines resides under one of the longest bonnets in the history, and both the bonnet and engine belong into MB SL500, the Malcolm in the middle-model of SL range. With ~300bhp it's comfortable, if not eager, long distance cruiser that will float you from Frankfurt to Rome without even noticing the changes in the road surface.

However, that is not good enough for some customers. For more demanding clients, MB offered SL500R, the hot blooded hun-version that wanted to burn the Rome instead of soaking in the baths. With 500bhp and nearly 700nm of torque, this 1.5 ton behemot charges down the autobahn, ready to pillage, terrorize and burn anything that gets on it's path. It's far from easy car to drive, since with this mass and speed, the braking distances are equally colossal. Traction is often questionable, and idea of emergency stop makes the tires screech hysterically. It might look like your average big MB coupe, but beware.. This one could go berserk and destroy you and anything else within few kilometers, should a bad case of road rage occur.

How did you guys get the Mine's GT-R and the "Imperial March"?

Correct info there. Our graphics department at work again. And the question had its answer presented on the front page all the time, in the form of the spreadsheet file that lists all (minus a few recent ones because I'm too lazy to update it after every release) our cars and their origins.

But I also had a review to counter so I'll do it now.

mx5_runner_4583 - Thanks for taking the advice on that review! We don't ask for detailed reviews just because we want to annoy people, but because we want to know how those cars really work. And that sounds pretty much like my Evo with its urging desire to crash and burn when turning without proper techniques. I wouldn't have guessed that it's a good rally car but then again, soft(ish) suspension is probably good for that too. The gearbox may need another tweaking though as the top speed is a bit on the high side for rally use at the moment.

Greycap

using your original gear ratios ended up being perfect for dirt because the ar wasnt shifting too fast. it gets a little harry on some of the tighter courses. what really surprised me is the fact that there was allmost no understeer at all on the paved part of tahiti maze. it turned beautifully.

I happened to buy a 'Cuda a few days ago, and decided to tune it. It was a complete disaster, so I sold it. Yesterday, however, the urge to tune one again and see if it was a success made me buy one again. But I decided to see how did yours fare on Grand Valley. I decided to test your car, and all I can say, it's a damn fun ride. :cheers: Review to come tomorrow. 👍

mx5_runner_4583 - Come to think of it, the car has so much torque that you may be right. The lack of understeer is probably a result of using the AYC which seems to be overlooked by many people. Why, I don't know because it's the most advantageous thing in an Evo compared to its rivals.

Codename L - Good to hear! If you have time and interest, give it a go on a couple of other tracks too as Grand Valley is perhaps a tad too fast and "clean" for it. The best place to experience that car is a twisty section with hard accelerations from one corner to another.

Codename L - Good to hear! If you have time and interest, give it a go on a couple of other tracks too as Grand Valley is perhaps a tad too fast and "clean" for it. The best place to experience that car is a twisty section with hard accelerations from one corner to another.

It's funny that you said that, considering I was planning on doing so. I have a track in mind already. I bet you already know what it is.

Hint:
The only car I asked you to tune for me was there.

And the next pair we make will again go to the F-folder.. F, like in the word Fast. But they're not your usual suspects for fast cars. :mischievous: Nope, they're actually most stealthy ones. You'd never expect them to be really fast.

Post #3000

Another milestone has sneaked up on us, it's been quite a long time since the previous one but here we are again. As I said when we reached 2000 posts I never believed we'd come this far but the truth beats the fairy tales sometimes.

OK, then the statistics. Compared to the time of the 2000th and 1000th posts.

144 cars - one released in every 5.16 days, down from 92 cars - one released in every 3.40 days which was already down from 52 cars - one released in every 2.65 days
195.000 views - around 260 per day, down from 94.000 views - around 300 per day which was up from up from 36.000+ views - around 260 per day
Countless hours of work - used to be hundreds and then thousands and then I stopped counting - but it's still worth it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back