Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Review of the Plymouth 'Cuda 440 Six Pack '71​

740 bhp, 1135 Nm, 1308 kg​

A quick look at the numbers makes you think in a lot of things. I know it does, because it happened to me. Will it wheelspin through all the gears? Will it be fast enough? Aren't 740 bhp a bit too much? Is it worth to buy another 'Cuda just to be dissapointed one more time...?

Nonsense. The truth is that the 'Cuda is much better than I expected it to not be. The Plymouth 'Cuda must be the car that I have bought and sold the most. Awesome looks, typical of good american muscle, but when it came to handling and wheelspin, I just couldn't find the awesome in it. So I ended up selling it. One week later, I feel I can get it right this time. Wrong. Sell and repeat... 8 times or so. But this one is different. This is Mad FinnTuners Plymouth 'Cuda 440 Six Pack '71. The one sporting Finland's blue and white colours. The number #100.

Enough of the fanboyism already. This is where everything goes neutral. Very good is very good and very bad is very bad. Not unlike others who claim very good is brilliant and very bad is good. I will base this review on the Esprit review I did a few months ago, which you particulary liked, Greycap.

Acceleration: 740 bhp, enough to break the speed of sound (don't contradict us argentines :lol:). I was worried that number would be a problem difficult to get rid of when accelerating. Boy, was I wrong! Controlling the wheelspin on the car was something even a 10-year old could do (provided he knew which was the throttle button). It's so easy to control it, all needed is a little lift off the pedal, and resume again. Even when coming out of corners, wheelspin is not a problem. The differential played a big part here, no doubt about it. You made a car like this (a total disaster in my hands) an excellent piece of art. 10/10.

Braking: If there's a problem with them, I don't see it. This car actually has brakes. The difference between the stock and tuned brakes is a huge one. 10/10.

Cornering: It's a muscle car, enough said. However, I'm not evaluating how good the car is compared to others. I'm evaluating the level of its tune. Which, needless to say, is incredible. With R3 tires, this car doesn't have many problems to corner, and with a fantastic suspension, even less. I can't seem to get the best out of the car, though. There are some tricks I need to learn, since I can't get below the 1'43.5xx mark. Oh, well, I will leave that for another day.

There is some understeer when driving fast (190km/h+), though that matters so little, the car gets a 10/10 anyway. Much better than what I could do.

Gearing: Perfect for Grand Valley, some tracks like a taller final gear, but when it comes to individual gears, it's simply perfection at its best. 10/10.

Total: 40/40. Excellent.

I really don't know what to say. I'm a big enemy of handing high scores, because it almost makes you feel like you are not adding anything good to the tune. But I just can't find a problem with this one. Maybe I'm just being forgiving. I have been trying to tune this car for so much time that getting a perfect one like this makes me go crazy over the scores. This is a must in every GT4 muscle car collector's garage. It surely is in mine. The first Plymouth 'Cuda that will remain in my garage (and for a long time). As a show of my appreciation for this incredible drive, let me give you something.

Plymouth 'Cuda 440 Six Pack '71​

Click for big.

This is where everything goes neutral. Very good is very good and very bad is very bad. Not unlike others who claim very good is brilliant and very bad is good. I will base this review on the Esprit review I did a few months ago, which you particulary liked, Greycap.

Another thing I particularly like is that attitude. 👍 I'm a regular at another site (not GT oriented) on which people release steaming piles of 🤬 and every time there will be loads of others telling how fantastic those things are. That's not the way to go. It doesn't lead to improvement.

But, the review. You're right in saying that it's much better than expected. Many people don't expect just about anything from these dinosaurs but they're wrong... the cars really perform in capable hands. You may wonder now why the 'Cuda has an Expert badge despite handling well... it's because of what happens when you begin hunting those sub-1'43 times. The car starts fishtailing left and right given even a tiny chance - if you don't know what you're doing, that is. It's admittedly a bit tricky. Much of the ease of controlling the wheelspin can be contributed to the only real weakness of the car, the powerband. The more you rev it the less power it makes... so instead of lifting off you could even throw in the next gear and keep it floored.

All round, thanks for the great review! It seems you got your time's worth of value out of the car and that's an excellent thing to hear. In my opinion there is one way the 'Cuda could be made better still and I've said it before. Give it the 426 Hemi and it'll fly. Speaking of which, you never know what we might come up with in the future...

Ford GT44 '05

592 bhp, 719 Nm, 1276 kg

gt44front_th.jpg

credits to greycap for great image

Anyways, To the review, well, first things first, and that is that you have your dificulty ratings dead on. This ford took me 100Km to get the hang of. Of which about 50 where spent at the Nordshleife, 35 at grand valley and 15 at fuji speedway.

Now the car suprised me, i looked through the new parts, and setup and though, well, its just going to be a slightly quicker GT, probably just on the extra few horses... How wrong could I have been? I went to grand valley first, and, it all went wrong for about 10 odd laps, then, slowly but surely i got the hand of the edgy brakes and the steering that worked.

Although the cars new handling was a great sucess, i still was not convinced of it, due to the price mainly. But, I gritted my teeth and headed for the Ring. This would be a test for both me and the car. Truth be told, i am rubbish at the Ring, and so the time had no hope of being quick. (it was'nt, i messed up too much) . That said, the car was a pleasure, without the aids, as i always drive, the oversteer was a pleasure, i wasnt drifting, meerly controlling, the wheel-spin, almost non-existent after 1st, the grip levels are incredible, even on S3's. I think you finns must use magic in some of these sets. So far, its all good, and i mean really good, im falling in love with a car that is drivable for once.

So, finally, onto fuji. A track that, in comparrison to GV or the ring is not very technical, but with its long and sometimes flat corners, a great test of understeer... so, this is my only down point, for me, after 3-4 laps, there was considerable understeer, this may just be my driving style, i dont really know. Now, understeer, not the end of the world. Understeer = my #1 pet hate. So i mean, Im only giving this critisism because of my personal preferances. But, the understeer, it was very violent at times, especially in the second last corner.

Right, well i dont know if theres any particular scoring method that i should use, but i will use this one for now.

Tune quality : 9.5/10 - looses .5 for the price. (im a poorish GT4 player)

Speed : 10/10 - just amazing, the gearing, the grip, the acceleration, it was like a couple of divers in perfect symetry.

Braking: 10/10 - It is very odd, but its a great odd, a bit like a peel p50, odd, but brilliant.

Cornering : 8.5/10 Is great at speeds below 130-40 mph, then the wear and understeer just but in a bit too much.

Personality and feel : 10/10 - Its a brilliant car, not quite perfect, but if a car were perfect, it would be boring.

Well, thats my first review, with a grand total of 48/50. Thats my honest opinion, I am already using it in any leagues that i can. And its winning :D

Thanks for putting your time and effort into these great tunes.

Oscar.👍

Last edited:
UPDATE OF FORMER POST

:gtpflag: :tup:Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII SE '03:tup: :gtpflag:

Very fast and extremely responsive. The car did seem a little tail happy at higher speeds but adding the wing helped with that. Gear ratios good but could'nt get over 181 so I bumped the final down to 3.900 then was able to reach 200+/- and maintain it. Very responsive in the twisties. If not careful though car will oversteer and spin out. Watch steering input in mid speed turns and dont brake too hard at high speeds. Adding the wing and running 30 f and 30 r will help out tremendously but not completely. This car will put you in the wall if you are not careful. By the way this car makes a good rally car. Just add dirt or snow tires and add about 20mm to ride hight for clearence and run downforce at 15 f and 10 R if you choose to use a wing. this will keep it from aiming for the sky when you go airborne. This way you get a nice flat landing that won't rob you of your speed. Running this lower downforce on the rally tracks won't slow you down either. I highly recommend this car as a good starter car that is also very versitile.

*CAUTION*
Be fore warned that in the RARE instance that this car does start to bite back, it bites back HARD.

Last edited:
oscarhardwick - Thanks for a very good first review! Yes, it's a bit on the hard side to drive. And yes, it understeers thanks to the GT4 physics engine that really doesn't like cars like it. It's not your driving style. You'll soon witness another car in the same class. Oddly enough these low grip supercars work wonders at Nürburgring - don't ask why but they do. Perhaps it's because it's a fast flowing track that lets them use their handling to the max.

mx5_runner_4583 Now... isn't this the same review you made ten days go, with some extra details? :odd:

Review of the Ace Cobra:

The first thing I noticed was that this car wanted to rip those S3's to shreds. After a few laps though I was putting down fast laps in the Ace. Steering and handling traits all feel very good, and the car is very stable when cornering. If you don't get your throttle control right though she will break traction and you will lose precious seconds of your lap.
Overall though the Ace Cobra feels great and if anything, it has taught me a huge lesson in throttle control and how to 'roll it on', not just pin the throttle out of the corner.
Thanks for the great tune MFT. :)

If I am allowed to request a tune, could I please request a Mercury Cougar drift(preferably) OR Track car. I don't have any limitations(e.g. power/weight) if that's alright with you. Many Thanks,
Cougar23 :)

Hommell Berlinette RT '99

304 bhp, 336 Nm, 864 kg

Ok then,

This review has been done only on the basis that i asked greycap for a list of tunes that were a bit odd or hadnt been reviewed. The list was short, but very interesting, I ended up deciding to go with the hommell as the company was established in my birth year of 1994.

Anyway, this test required alot less testing for me to actually have a decent review ready as the car didnt take 50 odd km to get used to. When putting the settings on there were 2 things that worried me fairly quickly, Firstly the suspension seemed very soft for a car that should be trauncing NSX's. Secondly the downforce was very high which made me think of tyre wear becoming a problem.

So, i headed off to fuji 90's and started off on a few laps. After my outlap the tyres where nearly glowing green, I winced thinking that in another few laps i would be running on rims, 5 laps later, the tyres are still reading green. This is astonishing, a car that heats its tyres and then uses the grip to keep them useable foe an age. I was impressed... very impressed. Now, onto my next small niggle, the downforce, this gave the car loads of grip and now under or oversteer, It didnt make the ride boring, but i wouldnt want to a-spec an enduro in it :yuck: . But bar the issues I had, this car fares pretty well, pleanty of power for the weight, a crisp engine giving a wide power band, a nicley set up gear-box (IMO mft's strongest area). The car griped the track well and made it easy to push hard but keep a good line, It posted an amazing time of 1:35:182 . Which in my books, is pretty damn good.

Anyway, onto the scoring.:scared:

Tune quality : 10/10 - Its crisp, its cheap, its quick, thats all you want from a tune.

Speed : 10/10 - thanks mainly to a light car and a great gearbox, its flawless.

Braking : 8/10 - Even though its very good, it has to be hugley adapted for each corner, not quite consistent enough for a 9 or 10.

Cornering : 10/10 - Its just so planted, i loved it, great for learning a track in.

Personality : 6/10 - As said before, its a great tune, but not as exciting as the GT44... by a long way.

So, thats a total of... 44/50. Very respectable and a great tune.

Thanks MFT for another great tune, expect new reviews soon.

Oscar.

Thanks for the great tune MFT. :)

If I am allowed to request a tune, could I please request a Mercury Cougar drift(preferably) OR Track car. I don't have any limitations(e.g. power/weight) if that's alright with you. Many Thanks,
Cougar23 :)

A sliding pussycat? you couldn't have asked easier car to do. :D I'll see what I can do with it asap.

oscarhardwick - Here we go again! That was my third take with the Berlinette. The first one went onto the walls wherever possible, the second one understeered to no end, the third one was good enough. It's most definitely a calmer ride than the GT44 but it's probably caused by the fact that the Hommell has enough grip for its weight and power whereas the Ford doesn't come even close. It's a nice trackday toy instead of a howling monster and if the most points were lost because it lacks personality I think I managed pretty damn well with it. The earlier versions, well, didn't... but they lacked just about everything else!

Well, im not in anyway saying that its a bad tune, infact its great. But ive just marked it as honestly as I can, and with every review of a tune, a small amount of personal preferance and opinion can contribute, but i did love it, and i do think that MFT are working so well on a frequent basis, I always want to check back here for new things.

Thanks.

Oscar.

P.S: i think i sent through a request... no pressure though :)

Honda CR-X Type R concept'90
Review

Ok then, I know ive only just done a review, but i picked up on 2 things, 1 : ooooh, a honda crx, that was my first car ever in gran turismo, i bought it when i was 8 thinking it looked cool. 2 : leonidae, i havent actually given one of your tunes a review.

Anyway, lets start off. The CRX isnt the most entertaining car. Driving it stock generally gives you understeer at no speed at all. Maybe my making a featherweight 200HP version could change things? I tuned up the car... astonished at spending in excess of 100,000Cr. on wieght and rigitity alone :embarrassed:. Anyway, after shreding up my cash, i took the car to autumn ring. Normally i would take a car to fuji (as you know). But i needed a track that would scale things down for a scaled down car, so as it had a chance in speed testing and so on.

So, i turn up at autumn ring, i have around 30 minuites to test and get up a review before i have dinner. I decide on 20 laps. I leave the pits nervously approaching the first turn frightened of the understeer monster. I turn in at around 60mph... and... understeer, so i do the stupid thing and floor it, expecting to go straight on i ended up 4 wheel sliding onto the exit curb having perfectly executed T1. Now, the understeer wasnt sorted as well in other places, for example the tight turn going down the hill. This wasnt a huge issue though, because for 20 laps i had a grin on my face, this car undoubtebly has the most personality of any car that I have driven in GT4, or GT3 for that matter.

I set a 1:32:446, which is a very good time, but, this car doesnt feel as if it was made for being the best car out there, it just feels like a bundle of fun. Which, this little car is, and, I love it sooo much... but onto the scoring where i have kept within the scoring areas for scores as best as i could.

Tune Quality : 9/10 - not the best of tunes by any means, but the character and the fun of the driving more than makes up for it.

Speed : 8.5/10 - the power is well matched with the gearbox, it does feel slightly retentive though.

Braking : 8.5/10 - Very good, but just laking in instancy.

Cornering : 10/10 - you have worked wonders with the suspension to get the best out of this car.

Personality : 10/10 - As Ive already said, its left my face aching after it made me smile so much. :D

So, thats a total of 46/50, its not perfect, but i dont think there will ever be a better CRX than this one.

Thanks again MFT for a great tune and a great time.

Oscar.

Last edited:
yeah that is a fun little car. slap a wing and race slicks on it along with stage 3 na tune and you got a small ff that can hang with the big boys.

FPV F6 Hurricane '04

749 bhp, 938 Nm, 1474 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.5 / 8.0
Ride Height: 110 / 140
Bound: 4 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 6
Camber: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.812
2nd: 1.924
3rd: 1.475
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.820
Final Gear: 3.150

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Once upon a time I released the FPV GTHO and shortly after that I gave a hurricane warning. The storm never came. It gathered power to strike the shore with a force seldom seen and it's here today. Running almost two years behind the schedule but better late than never. Ladies and gentlemen, the FPV F6 Hurricane.

Based technically on the F6 Typhoon and inheriting several details from the GTHO it's subtle on its looks but a fire breathing monster when let loose. The whistling turbo accompanying the gently growling straight six propels it to a class of its own among four door super sedans. It's not a replacement for the GTHO though, more like a complementing cousin for those who prefer forced induction to cubic inches. If you liked the red rocket you'll like the green gremlin too. If you never tried the former, well, try this one now.

Last edited:
:gtpflag:REX JR. '92:gtpflag:

Ok. My first thoughts when I saw this tune was "Oh fun, another RX-7 more power than it knows what to do with. ugh!" But, like they say. Looks can be deceiving. Yes this car is tail happy, but it's controllable just by backing of the throttle a little in the turns. If you can't get the hang of it just bumb the traction control up to 1 but no more. otherwise it takes away the fun factor. The accelleration is GREAT. But it also has good top end. Good suspension, a little more loose than what I'm used to but does have fairly good balance. Brakes, oh boy does this thing have brakes. This thing stops on a dime. I hope more people will try this car because its alot of fun. Kudos Leonidea, love the baby rex!

Interesting that torque drops off so rapidly that the torque "peak" (apparently) and the power peak are at the same RPM on that F6.

Might have to give it a try, Grey ;)

Rotary Junkie - What I found to be more interesting is the relatively low maximum power rpm for a turbo engine, I'd have expected something in excess of 6000 rpm but no. The torque curve also looks strikingly similar to that of the 1JZ-GTE found in the Toyotas. Just a coincidence, a result of the straight six layout or laziness from PD?

Lexus GS-R 750

748 bhp, 905 Nm, 1394 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 6.5
Ride Height: 120 / 135
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 2.0 / 2.2
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 5 / 7

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.369
2nd: 1.552
3rd: 1.123
4th: 0.855
5th: 0.670
Final Gear: 3.750

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 17

Driving Aids

The Lexus GS-lineup has a reputation of luxurious, yet somewhat dull premium sedans. They're not exactly pretty to look at, nor cheap to buy. However, there is at least one thing that turns the tables for them. You see, underneath the bonnet they have the good old 2JZ from the Supra, a 3-liter twin turbo engine from last proper sportscar from Toyota. It's not slouch as it is, but hardly a match for the European muscle-sedans. This particular one is a wee bit different. It's based on the '00 GS300 Vertex Edition, and while it fulfilled the gap in the lineup nicely, it was still a boring car.

Until it received MFT-treatment.

Comfortable stock suspension was firmed up, chassis reinforced and tyres and rims replaced with items that seemed to belong to racing cars. And instead of two small turbochargers that delivered civilized power, it now has one, huge single unit that will deliver rocket-like acceleration. The power jumped up to insane 748bhp, and it was backed up by over 900nm of torque. You have to be awake when you drive this car, despite the respectable amounts of traction it has. Why? Because if.. No, more like WHEN you manage to lose the traction in the rear, this car will not forgive you.

I really think you should update your xls. file, because I've noticed it's positively out of date.

Bah.. you've just went and ruined GT4 for me :grumpy:

I used to drive all cars on all tracks. I used to have some variety in my game... then I came across the Grim R34per and, well... I can see no way back. I'm a one car man. It's not really a bad thing to be honest.

I lurve Skylines. I lurve the Grim R34per 👍

*thank you*

I reckon with the people I've sent to you boys I should be getting a couple of complimentary tunes for the advertising. :P

Looking at your F6 though, I reckon my GME effort would take it down if I gave my R Spec a diet and R3's aswell. :mischievous: You can keep the 120hp more, I like having a disadvantage. :D

Want to test them back to back?? :)

Bah.. you've just went and ruined GT4 for me :grumpy:

I used to drive all cars on all tracks. I used to have some variety in my game... then I came across the Grim R34per and, well... I can see no way back. I'm a one car man. It's not really a bad thing to be honest.

I lurve Skylines. I lurve the Grim R34per 👍

*thank you*

You're welcome. I've warned people before that the R34per might claim your soul if you're not careful..:lol: one victim more on the list. :D

I reckon with the people I've sent to you boys I should be getting a couple of complimentary tunes for the advertising. :P

Looking at your F6 though, I reckon my GME effort would take it down if I gave my R Spec a diet and R3's aswell. :mischievous: You can keep the 120hp more, I like having a disadvantage. :D

Want to test them back to back?? :)

we could consider it when you guys are done with TCv5..

Review of the Renault Clio V6 Race Car

Braking:
The Clio is very good under braking with control. I could move the car around under braking also.

Trans & diff
I found the gearing and diff to be right on the money.

Suspension:
The Renault is very good at turn-in and in the middle of the turn and is mostly neutral. On the exit of the turns it goes for neutral to a slite understeer at times. The only thing the Clio racer needs is a little more front end grip and it would be super.

Overall this a great driving car that is very presictable. My best lap time was a 1'46.090 at GVS and could run within .2 of that over many laps. Great job guy's it's a 9+. 👍

Thank you for the feedback! I will see if I can do anything more to the front end of that car. I don't have high hopes though, the suspension has it's limitations. :irked:

Lexus GS-R 750

748 bhp, 905 Nm, 1394 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 6.5
Ride Height: 120 / 135
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 2.0 / 2.2
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 5 / 7

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 10

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.369
2nd: 1.552
3rd: 1.123
4th: 0.855
5th: 0.670
Final Gear: 3.750

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 17

Driving Aids

The Lexus GS-lineup has a reputation of luxurious, yet somewhat dull premium sedans. They're not exactly pretty to look at, nor cheap to buy. However, there is at least one thing that turns the tables for them. You see, underneath the bonnet they have the good old 2JZ from the Supra, a 3-liter twin turbo engine from last proper sportscar from Toyota. It's not slouch as it is, but hardly a match for the European muscle-sedans. This particular one is a wee bit different. It's based on the '00 GS300 Vertex Edition, and while it fulfilled the gap in the lineup nicely, it was still a boring car.

Until it received MFT-treatment.

Comfortable stock suspension was firmed up, chassis reinforced and tyres and rims replaced with items that seemed to belong to racing cars. And instead of two small turbochargers that delivered civilized power, it now has one, huge single unit that will deliver rocket-like acceleration. The power jumped up to insane 748bhp, and it was backed up by over 900nm of torque. You have to be awake when you drive this car, despite the respectable amounts of traction it has. Why? Because if.. No, more like WHEN you manage to lose the traction in the rear, this car will not forgive you.

Firstly, let me say that I am very impressed with what MFT has done with this car. Lets face it, Lexus isnt known for their sporty sedans. This car is fast...no two ways about it. Its handling, I found to be okay but the car is still plagued by body roll. I found , while driving it, that the car isnt very agile...it really doesnt like changing direction quickly but then thats not what Lexus intended this chassis for is it?? The brakes worked great even though you can tell that this is still a big, heavy car. From my comments so far one would probably assume that Im not very fond of this car....you would be WRONG!!! I like it alot!!! Its tail happy for sure! I found this out a few times along the way while driving at GVS but Ill just have to learn to control it. An excellent job MFT, you guys really have created a Big Bruiser!!!!

Hi again!!! I just drove this car on Fuji Speedway and got it up to 200mph!!! on the straight....right before I ran off the track:)....still managed to win my race tho....I like this car!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back