Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
I did have my eye on the GTS Viper now.........
I really just can't wait for GT5 and proper modifications so I can make the PEs I really want to make, eg. Brera with over 300kw.

I did have my eye on the GTS Viper now.........
I really just can't wait for GT5 and proper modifications so I can make the PEs I really want to make, eg. Brera with over 300kw.

Go ahead with the GTS, I don't mind :) Also just clocked some times with the 700bhp Mines, we're talking 150mph in 12 seconds or less from standing on street tyres. Poooowwwweeerrrrr

Well some time tomorrow, if I get time, I'd like to review some more of your Predator Editions, so watch this space...............

Is there a tune for the Tuned Vette at 800PP Suzuka PRO?

There's a 750 Suzuka one, add some power and perhaps lengthen the final gear

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3410233&postcount=588

I can't be sure, it's not my set up, but the suspension should be spot on.

The setup will probably work well, just add max downforce and increase power until 800 PP is reached. I'll check that for you though, sometimes rear toe needs changing too. And if the downforce is changing, all sorts of things might need changing.:crazy:

Edit: OK, the TLD-R Corvette Z06/Tuned has now been updated with an 800 PP setup. After a few laps I did a mid 1'53 in it, haven't driven cars this fast in a while though.:lol:

Last edited:
The setup will probably work well, just add max downforce and increase power until 800 PP is reached. I'll check that for you though, sometimes rear toe needs changing too. And if the downforce is changing, all sorts of things might need changing.:crazy:

Edit: OK, the TLD-R Corvette Z06/Tuned has now been updated with an 800 PP setup. After a few laps I did a mid 1'53 in it, haven't driven cars this fast in a while though.:lol:

Sounds like a perfectly respectable time.

Just updated the TLD-R Viper with an 800PP set up, worth noting I haven't tried this online yet, busy working on some cars, is 208mph a large enough top end? I'm imagining it is enough but as said, I've not had a slipstream to test it with.

Well obviously I didn't get time to review Predator Editions todays, but I think it's safe to say, that if you want a tune for Fuji 550 PP we pretty well have you covered for all the cars. Additionally, done for a Southern Cross Racing event, they're all parity tested too, so some cars have recommendations in the Tuner's Notes for what PP to de-tune them to to make them more even with other 550 PP cars. There's over 10 cars that are all running extremely similar lap times.:)
I must also remind myself to re-parity test the Skyline 370 GT which on reflection was too fast.

Edit: I've just been driving your 599 Dragonistic, here's my brief impressions:
First off, the acceleration is mind altering and the gearing is good which allows you to reach your terminal speed. The suspension provides adequate front grip, except the brake balance offers no turning capability under brakes what so ever, which did mean much earlier braking for me. The brake balance worked well on the high speed oval though, where I reached a max speed of 325km/hr under my own steam, and 337km/hr after a bit of drafting. I pulled out at 335km/hr and noticed the car was still accelerating, I'd predict a top speed a smidge over 340km/hr in this rocket. Other than the turn-in it's an all round great car.👍

Edit 2: Now I've been driving your Audi R8 Predator Edition:
This car is a much better drive than the 599 was. The overall gearing suited the car very well again, although I thought 2nd gear should have been longer, because it just wants to arc up which creates chronic understeer. The turn-in is much better, and when you lift off either the brakes or accelerator the nose just bites in razor sharp which is good for this car. As a part of driver error I kept letting the gears max out by accident, the engine always sounds like it wants to go higher, and the power is produced right on cut-out (I do hope GT5 allows us to re-set the cut-out rpm on our cars if we want to). The big power does always want to make the AWD understeer but not much more can be done, so just remember to make sure you're pointing fairly straight at the apex before punching it. So again, other than maybe the 2nd gear length, this is a superb car in most areas.👍

Last edited:
Thanks, i'll take those notes into account, I might've even forgot to do brake balance on the 599 now you mention it :scared: perhaps 6/4 will work better. Oh and I forgot to mention today is the day I go off on holiday yet again for another week, I'm leaving in a few hours. This is the last time I'll be disapearing before university though, which I got to on the 20th Sept.

Thanks, i'll take those notes into account, I might've even forgot to do brake balance on the 599 now you mention it :scared: perhaps 6/4 will work better. Oh and I forgot to mention today is the day I go off on holiday yet again for another week, I'm leaving in a few hours. This is the last time I'll be disapearing before university though, which I got to on the 20th Sept.

OK.👍 The setup on the 599 is already 6/4. It might work for you, but I felt the brake balance was almost undriveable for me.:nervous: The rest was good though.:) I did up my Viper GTS too.:) 406kw of V10 American power is coming soon.:dopey: It's not as hard to drive as you'd think to be honest, Vipers have reasonably good rear end grip.:) They just don't have the front end grip to match.:lol:

OK.👍 The setup on the 599 is already 6/4. It might work for you, but I felt the brake balance was almost undriveable for me.:nervous: The rest was good though.:) I did up my Viper GTS too.:) 406kw of V10 American power is coming soon.:dopey: It's not as hard to drive as you'd think to be honest, Vipers have reasonably good rear end grip.:) They just don't have the front end grip to match.:lol:

I found a similar story with GTS, plenty of rear end bite even on S tyres with all that power going down. Obviously you still have to feather it in sometimes, but it's very easy to cope with even on a pad. My 700bhp Mines was similarly extremely easy to control using my normal suspension set up, it just powered out of the turns with no hassle when often the Mines likes to hang its tail out it's been very easy to cure that without ruining turn in.

I tried the BMW tii and, as expected, it was bloody fantastic, basically a slightly quicker version of the 135 tune which I silently tested. Around Eiger, the cornering speeds possible seemed more a matter of discretion than of physics, at one point not dipping below 40 mph in corner 1 (:eek:). If you can keep the tail in, it just takes off like a bloody rocket out the turns, no drama and plenty of speed (so not exactly like a rocket...). Turn-in is fantastically sharp and precise, and late braking, while not exactly encouraged, is certainly not punished at all. The car has the same vice as its forbear, as well: when the tail does step out, it does so in approximately four milliseconds, with little warning. But, with this newer model, the oversteer that does result is much more controllable. Really, it snaps from a perfect gripping exit into a perfect drifting exit. It's terrifying, but absolutely foolproof, and fast. I genuinely can't think of a significant fault with this car. Brilliantly done.

I also tried the 450PP Elise, just in time for the Suzuka event to be replaced by Fuji. The fault is entirely with the race and not the car, but 450PP Fuji is the most boredom I have experienced since Drivers' Ed classes. As far as I can tell, it handles fabulously, but... It just seems to have no will to live at Fuji.

I also tested the full-power Ferrari 599, and my head pretty much exploded with terror. This is the only car that makes High Speed Ring feel like a low-speed technical circuit, where the tail end does what it wishes and straightaways never last more than three seconds. It wasn't enough that you gave it full power on S3s, you then had to adjust it for oversteer? The turn-in is amazing and crisp, allowing the latest braking in the history of motorsport, but the part where the gas comes into play is the scary bit. Any time you even hint at the throttle, the rear end takes a sudden interest in the outside of the corner. And, worse yet, lifting the throttle results in some terrifying direction-changes, resulting in fatality more often than not. I attained lurid slides in this car around every corner around HSR, including one I never knew was a corner at all. True to description, this tune definitely takes you out of the race. Whether or not it puts you into the drive again depends mainly upon whether or not you are a hero with the throttle pedal.

Needless to say, I like it a lot. :lol:

Also, I'll come out and say: I support any and all S1 Elise tunes you care to produce.

That wasn't a request. This is a request: My GT-R Proto looks so useless in the corner of my garage, scowling at the screen with the knowledge that it won't get to play. Please, give it a reason to go to the track, and tune it for an online event. Such numerous tunes for boring production R35s, and my Black Mask deserves this too. Doesn't yours?

Thanks for the reviews EA11R, your feedback is greatly appreciated.:D
I have to disagree with your Fuji 550 PP sentiment though, it's one of the best races in Prologue history.:D Just head to the racing teams forum and see some of the racing Southern Cross Racing had there last week.:)
I think the Proto GT-R might be suited to 600 PP at a guess, which currently sits at Daytona Road. Would that be OK? S tyres too I take it? (I think S tyres might be faster there anyway). I could get one ready on the weekend, and released on the weekend. Is all that good for you?:)

TLD Proto GTR R35
(333kw) (553Nm) (1712kg) (600 PP)

AkinaGhost435.jpg

Performance:

Power: 0
Weight: 99%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-24
Spring Rates: 6/5
Damper: 4/3
Toe: -0.12/-0.14
Camber: 1.6/1.3

Brake Balance: 8/5

Torque Distribution: 30/70

Max Turn Angle: 45

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.354
2nd: 2.018
3rd: 1.514
4th: 1.222
5th: 1.031
6th: 0.877
Final: 3.555

Description: Remember the old GTR prototype show car? Someone got their hands on it and asked TLD to tune the suspension and gearbox for them. Ta daa!

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Daytona Road Course

Tuner's Notes:
No interior view, I hate it
Steady as she goes under brakes
No oversteer at all on throttle

I've never really driven the Proto GT-R much in GT5P, and have not been in a DR event for some time either! So I might give this a shot, nice one Paulie. 👍

Thanks for the reviews EA11R, your feedback is greatly appreciated.:D
I have to disagree with your Fuji 550 PP sentiment though, it's one of the best races in Prologue history.:D Just head to the racing teams forum and see some of the racing Southern Cross Racing had there last week.:)
I think the Proto GT-R might be suited to 600 PP at a guess, which currently sits at Daytona Road. Would that be OK? S tyres too I take it? (I think S tyres might be faster there anyway). I could get one ready on the weekend, and released on the weekend. Is all that good for you?:)
Not really, no.

I kid. Though your notes about it are a bit worrying... sounds understeery? I'll try it in a while.

No oversteer! Surely its not a true TLD tune without the traditional Paulie lift off oversteer to help it round the bends!

On a side note, your 800pp tuned vette with its modifications you have made is a sensational tune. I never thought an 800pp car at suzuka with the pad would be so easy to drive! I can actually concentrate on fast lines and shaving of tenths rather than just praying I stay on the track. Keep up the good work 👍

Not really, no.

I kid. Though your notes about it are a bit worrying... sounds understeery? I'll try it in a while.

I wouldn't say understeery, no, just no oversteer.

No oversteer! Surely its not a true TLD tune without the traditional Paulie lift off oversteer to help it round the bends!

On a side note, your 800pp tuned vette with its modifications you have made is a sensational tune. I never thought an 800pp car at suzuka with the pad would be so easy to drive! I can actually concentrate on fast lines and shaving of tenths rather than just praying I stay on the track. Keep up the good work 👍

Thanks mate. I love my Corvettes, so I'm glad you love mine too.:dopey:

I drove the GT-R Proto, and I'd say 'understeer' is the right word for the handling. It drives along with such limitless traction that you can never tell when it will run out, so it is a strangely difficultcar to drive fast. The only time I really manage to break traction is while braking, and that's with the front end turning to Jello. Occasionally, I managed some speed with the car, but it's just too aloof for me to like.

I guess there's a pretty good reason you don't see anyone driving this car, eh? Oh well, they can't all be winners.

Well I could fix the traction issues under acceleration, but under brakes would be quite difficult to fix. Do I have to get in that interior-view-less car again?:nervous:

Just wanted to drop off a thank you note. I can not begin to tell you how much these tunes have helped me. Because of folks like you online play is a blast.

I can almost kinda sorta tune a car. It is not competive and not much fun.

Thank you for posting your tunes.

I also tested the full-power Ferrari 599

Thanks for the views, I'm not sure I want to compromise the turn-in to try and make the rear more stable, at the end of the day almost 650bhp is going to step out on a mildly heavy foot, particularly with no huge wing to keep it down. I'll see what I can do with it, but I used it on sixaxis and still kept it in line, as well as on my G25.

TLD Viper GTS Predator Edition​
(406kw) (768Nm) (1333kg) (658 PP)

tunesheet_viper_gts.jpg

Performance:

Power: +20
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -37/-34
Spring Rates: 8/5
Dampers: 5/4
Toe: -0.14/+0.15
Camber: 1.9/1.5

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.955
2nd: 1.760
3rd: 1.355
4th: 1.071
5th: 0.844
6th: 0.596
Final: 2.630

Description: The TLD Viper GTS Predator Edition is finally here. A major overhaul to the original GTS, this one is quite capable of tackling high end modern supercars. We've tuned the suspension and removed all dead weight. The engine had also received a warming over with a more aggressive cam, higher compression, and new heads. It produces a healthy 406rwhp, 0-100km/hr in the low 4sec range and top speed somewhere over 320km/hr. It's bonkers American muscle, refined to perform.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
All Tracks

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned like a 5spd
Shift up at 5 500rpm
Careful now, that's a lot of power

The Lion's Den is going with a big new name change, and shall from this day forth be known as Lion's Den Performance.:dopey: You will however notice many things in the opening post and tune sheets still state TLD. That is because soon enough LDP will be selling this workshop/facility and moving to a much bigger and better one when GT5 comes out, so we didn't think the money worth spending on this place. We hope you like the new name, any feedback or comments are welcome.:)

Why the name change, any particular reason or do you just think it sounds better. I guess that means I can no longer be a TLD Fanatic now, I'll have to change it to LDP Fanatic and that doesn't look as good. TLD looks better than LDP, though Lion's Den Performance does sound better than The Lion's Den.:indiff:

The Lion's Den is going with a big new name change, and shall from this day forth be known as Lion's Den Performance.:dopey: You will however notice many things in the opening post and tune sheets still state TLD. That is because soon enough LDP will be selling this workshop/facility and moving to a much bigger and better one when GT5 comes out, so we didn't think the money worth spending on this place. We hope you like the new name, any feedback or comments are welcome.:)

I'm just a few days past my one year anniversary of playing GT5P............ never played any racing sim prior and this is waaaayyy overdue: THANK YOU!

Having traded standard physics and sixaxis for pro and DFGT, I've come a long way (with a long way to go!) and your tunes have a great deal to do with my progress. One of the things I enjoy in the game is driving a car stock for a while and then trading it in for one from your shop. I'm never very far past turn 1 when the smile happens!! :) Just awesome stuff you do and I'm sorry I haven't said this months ago. I know you have a ****load of silent fans out there and I'm no longer one of them!

I like the new garage name.........performance indeed!! and it is very good to know you'll be tuning those 1,000 cars soon!

In the meantime, aaanndd, having properly buttered you up:sly:, I have an unusual request!! An interesting and challenging combo is a stock (as in time trial ) 512 bb on Eiger Reverse. Would you be so kind as to work your miracles on this beast but leave it on S2 rubber? I make this request based on your reaction to a "c c c customer" a few pages up and your shout out to Dragonistic. Classic! Hope you don't mind a very appreciative customer asking for your time and effort on a non-race event tune.

Thank you (and all the tuners, in fact) again and again.👍

Well I could fix the traction issues under acceleration, but under brakes would be quite difficult to fix. Do I have to get in that interior-view-less car again?:nervous:

I like that: 'fix the traction issues.' Meaning: 'less grip.' :) But, no thank you. Because, despite the rampant understeer, I still occasionally managed scary oversteer when braking into a fast turn. I think that maybe GT-Rs just handle poorly, prone to braking oversteer and understeer elsewhere. Why is it that the most amazing car around corners is also the worst? It just seems wrong to me...

Thanks for the views, I'm not sure I want to compromise the turn-in to try and make the rear more stable, at the end of the day almost 650bhp is going to step out on a mildly heavy foot, particularly with no huge wing to keep it down. I'll see what I can do with it, but I used it on sixaxis and still kept it in line, as well as on my G25.

I thought you built the car to be terrifying and delightful. I guess I may have been unclear:

The car is fantastic. The car is also not a racecar.

Back