Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
We'll have a few new features in GT5 too, like the Predator Edition X which will be all out hardcore track cars, a news section and progress reports on project cars.

Why the name change, any particular reason or do you just think it sounds better. I guess that means I can no longer be a TLD Fanatic now, I'll have to change it to LDP Fanatic and that doesn't look as good. TLD looks better than LDP, though Lion's Den Performance does sound better than The Lion's Den.:indiff:

I have a couple reasons for the change.
A) The Lion's Den is quite a commonly used name, from alcohol, bands, venues and even a line of Holden merchandise stores (:sly:). Lion's Den Performance on the other hand is used for absolutely nothing I can see, type it in Google and no matches come up as Lion's Den Performance being a name used for anything.
B) It sounds better, more modern and purposeful, plus it's more descriptive of what we actually are. I remember when TLD first came out, after a while someone came in the thread and posted he never realised it was a tuning garage beforehand because of the name, which meant we lost business that way. Now imagine the massive flood of new members for GT5, we don't want to lose a potentially loyal customer base simply because of our non-descriptive name.
C) With GT5 coming out we have to move forward in the market place.;)

I'm just a few days past my one year anniversary of playing GT5P............ never played any racing sim prior and this is waaaayyy overdue: THANK YOU!

Having traded standard physics and sixaxis for pro and DFGT, I've come a long way (with a long way to go!) and your tunes have a great deal to do with my progress. One of the things I enjoy in the game is driving a car stock for a while and then trading it in for one from your shop. I'm never very far past turn 1 when the smile happens!! :) Just awesome stuff you do and I'm sorry I haven't said this months ago. I know you have a ****load of silent fans out there and I'm no longer one of them!

I like the new garage name.........performance indeed!! and it is very good to know you'll be tuning those 1,000 cars soon!

In the meantime, aaanndd, having properly buttered you up:sly:, I have an unusual request!! An interesting and challenging combo is a stock (as in time trial ) 512 bb on Eiger Reverse. Would you be so kind as to work your miracles on this beast but leave it on S2 rubber? I make this request based on your reaction to a "c c c customer" a few pages up and your shout out to Dragonistic. Classic! Hope you don't mind a very appreciative customer asking for your time and effort on a non-race event tune.

Thank you (and all the tuners, in fact) again and again.👍

Thanks for the buttering up, we really appreciate the very kind words.:dopey: So if I understand this right, you want a standard 512 BB with standard power and weight on S2 tyres, with suspension and gearing tuned to Eiger?

I like that: 'fix the traction issues.' Meaning: 'less grip.' :) But, no thank you. Because, despite the rampant understeer, I still occasionally managed scary oversteer when braking into a fast turn. I think that maybe GT-Rs just handle poorly, prone to braking oversteer and understeer elsewhere. Why is it that the most amazing car around corners is also the worst? It just seems wrong to me...

A torque split change could go a long way in fixing the understeer without affecting the braking stability (which could be more stable at a cost of turn-in, but I could always try and work around it with difficulty?). I'll give it another go, we'll see what happens eh? No promises on an ETA for that though, I'm out all weekend at the best car show on Earth and watching recorded V8 Supercars endurance racing during the nights.

Hey Paulie - have you ever considered Southern Cross Performance? It also abbreviated nicely to SCP :D Also ties in your tuning well with SCR.... Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the buttering up, we really appreciate the very kind words.:dopey: So if I understand this right, you want a standard 512 BB with standard power and weight on S2 tyres, with suspension and gearing tuned to Eiger?

Sounds like that to me, I'm busy for the weekend, so I guess this ones all yours.

Hey Paulie - have you ever considered Southern Cross Performance? It also abbreviated nicely to SCP :D Also ties in your tuning well with SCR.... Just a suggestion.

Mmm, I still like Lion's Den.:sly: (Holden related in a way, king of the jungle, I like cats more than dogs- Lions are big cats, more menacing/predatory).

Sounds like that to me, I'm busy for the weekend, so I guess this ones all yours.

Paulie:

It is a different type of request from most. Reason: I ran several sessions in the BB in time trial on Eiger Rev.and found the thing to be quite a horse to manage (liftoff oversteer mostly). After repeatedly staring at several spectators with their arms shielding their face at a location on the track the normal driver doesn't have the opportunity to view:banghead:, I thought it would be nice to try your chassis/gear set-up for this track and compare it to what you get when you run an "untunable" time-trial machine. Does that make any sense at all???

Having poorly said all that, I'll withdraw the stupid request and go back and work on throttle/steering/brake inputs - these are what need to be "tuned" and you can't help me there!!

Thanks a lot anyway. By the way, your BB tune for 550 PP is a scream on Fuji. It is set up beautifully for steering with the throttle.

No it's alright, I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to change the weight or power. I'll tune the setup on a stock power and weight 512 BB for Eiger Reverse.👍 It will however be some time through the week, because I'm out all weekend.

Having poorly said all that, I'll withdraw the stupid request and go back and work on throttle/steering/brake inputs - these are what need to be "tuned" and you can't help me there!!

It wasn't really poorly said, we just wanted to make sure we delivered exactly what you wanted, you're not alone in wanting just a suspension and gearing set up for your car, many people do.

It wasn't really poorly said, we just wanted to make sure we delivered exactly what you wanted, you're not alone in wanting just a suspension and gearing set up for your car, many people do.

Thanks Dragonistic. I had second thoughts after posting the request - I'm fairly new to the game and this forum - and I was concerned that I asked you basically to waste your time on something that most members would not generally benefit from.

Anyhow, if you have the time, my very own 512 BB, custom-built and modified by Lion's Den Performance, will have a special spot in my garage, for sure.:cool:

Hey mate, you wouldn't happen to have a tune for the Mine's GTR @ Suzuka 800 would you? :sly:

Mines LDP34 GTR​
(634bhp) (450ft-lbs) (1152kg) (800 PP)

gt5p-mines-3.jpg

Performance:

Power: +6
Weight: 86%
Tyres: R3/R3
Downforce: 20/35
(Note: You may prefer 20/33 with 85% weight)

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rates: 6/4
Damper: 5/7
Toe: -0.17/+0.12
Camber: 2.4/1.7

Brake Balance: 6/4

Max Turn Angle: 50 (Sixaxis users may wish to change this)

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.240
2nd: 2.090
3rd: 1.628
4th: 1.312
5th: 1.066
6th: 0.875
Final: 3.360

Description:
The Mines GTR is already a highly tuned, high performance driving machine, however we here at LDP felt it still wasn't perfect for track use. Taking this masterpiece of a motor, we only reworked the ECU with some small adjustments bringing power up to 634bhp, combining this with huge weight reduction by stripping out the car of all but the bare essentials leaves for some compelling performance. Although the car bogs down at the start due to the racing slicks, acceleration is good and we didn't want to compromise the gearing for the rest of the track with the new close ratio gearbox tailored to the engines power band. Then we got to work on the cars handling, trying to remove understeer whilst not providing massive amounts of oversteer which the Mines can be known for. The tweaks and extra downforce have gone a long way to achieving this, but the Mines still remains a little heavy in this class. Enjoy the ride though, this cars a fun one.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Shift just before hitting the limited, be careful of power oversteer when stamping on the throttle. This car is relatively easy to drive though.

This ones mine Paulie, you know I love my imports and I already have a solid set for 750 Suzuka. Watch this space.

I may have to do one as well if I want to compete in this week's WRS, which I do. Gotta do that 512 BB first though. Tomorrow night I should have time.

Your sig still says TLD by the way.;)

For the record too, WRS is what Nick will want it for, which all have to be max aero and min weight, but I'm sure your suspension will work just as well just the same.👍 It's actually a handicap week, different divisions run different power levels.:)

Last edited:
I may have to do one as well if I want to compete in this week's WRS, which I do. Gotta do that 512 BB first though. Tomorrow night I should have time.

Your sig still says TLD by the way.;)

For the record too, WRS is what Nick will want it for, which all have to be max aero and min weight, but I'm sure your suspension will work just as well just the same.👍 It's actually a handicap week, different divisions run different power levels.:)

I tuned it to max aero a minimum weight but got 799PP, so I played with it to get 800.

Yeah, had a quick crack at it and found it had way too much understeer, especially through the esses. So I naturally came to LDP. :) Thanks for the tune guys. 👍

I tuned it to max aero a minimum weight but got 799PP, so I played with it to get 800.

Yeah, division 2 is running 799 PP this week. Each division is running different PP. Although you did the right thing for the published tune.👍

Paulie,

After using your tunes for a long time, I just thought I should say thank you very much. My favorite combo is the HSR with a high PP GTLM. I have toggled between your tune and Ravens, its funny but it sort of seems that it depends on what driving mood I'm in as to which feels better at the time. Some days yours works better, some days Ravens...go figure.

Anyway, thanks!

And while I'm here, do you have anything for the GTLM to use in the current online 800PP Suzy pro race? I tried the two I mentioned above and couldn't keep her on the track...not that thats unusual for ANY car I drive at Suzy!

Paulie,

After using your tunes for a long time, I just thought I should say thank you very much. My favorite combo is the HSR with a high PP GTLM. I have toggled between your tune and Ravens, its funny but it sort of seems that it depends on what driving mood I'm in as to which feels better at the time. Some days yours works better, some days Ravens...go figure.

Anyway, thanks!

And while I'm here, do you have anything for the GTLM to use in the current online 800PP Suzy pro race? I tried the two I mentioned above and couldn't keep her on the track...not that thats unusual for ANY car I drive at Suzy!

Thanks for the compliments.:) I am sorry to say I have nothing for the GT LM at Suz 800 at the moment, plus I really don't have much time for it right now. Maybe Dragonistic could help you out there. The difference in tuning between HSR and Suzuka on a GT LM should indeed be quite large.

Thanks for the compliments.:) I am sorry to say I have nothing for the GT LM at Suz 800 at the moment, plus I really don't have much time for it right now. Maybe Dragonistic could help you out there. The difference in tuning between HSR and Suzuka on a GT LM should indeed be quite large.

I'll see what I can do during this week, for now I'll make the suggestion of running R2/R3 as a start, especially if you're on sixaxis.

Sorry, I won't be able to get that done, packing for Uni has begun so it's a busy weekend for me. We'll see what happens next week with connections and so on. Worst situation I might have to quit the garage if I can't get on PSN to keep up with updates. We shouldn't have to worry about that for a while yet though, I will at least have until a GT5 physics update, and I will be able to update during holidays though, so I might just be out of action at certain points for temporary amounts of time.

All good Dragonistic. Maybe I'll do that GT LM tonight or something then.

LDP-R GT LM Spec III Cup Car
(417kw) (718Nm) (990kg) (800 PP)
(319kw) (702Nm) (990kg) (750 PP)

tunesheet_GTlmhsr800.jpg

Performance:

Power: -5 -29
Weight: 85% 85%
Tyres: R2 R2
Downforce: 13/35 10/35

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -15/-14
Spring Rates: 2/10
Dampers: 1/2
Toe: -0.08/+0.08
Camber: 1.0/1.6

Brake Balance: 5/8

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.250
2nd: 1.518
3rd: 1.201
4th: 0.989
5th: 0.838
6th: 0.686
Final: 3.447 3.730

Description: Lion's Den Performance Racing is proud to present one of the scariest monsters circulating the circuits today, a race tyred GT race car. The Ford makes a great road car, but add race tyres, downforce and take away all the weight and it's downright death defying to drive. Using our on track experience we've provided a setup that will hopefully make it a little less bonkers to drive, but it will still require major caution!

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox
Beware the lift off oversteer
Shift at 7,000rpm
Completely bonkers and not for the feint hearted, but much better than before thanks to the setup.
Shift at 6,500rpm
Still tuned as 5spd, some may also try the 800 PP Final Drive and use as 4spd for time trials, I prefered the 5spd

Last edited:
In positive news, I have tried my alternative set up (different TV and speakers) which I will be using initially at Uni, and they both work fine with my PS3 :)

I have arrived! Good news to, I'm in business, I can access PSN (although not at the same time as my laptop) so looks like we're set for now :)

hey guys i was just in the neighbour hood and browsing your selections wondering what to try? Any sugestions?

thanks The Australian Stig Dimplz :P

hey guys i was just in the neighbour hood and browsing your selections wondering what to try? Any sugestions?

thanks The Australian Stig Dimplz :P

If you're looking for some casual cars to race offline, I recommend the Predator Editions. The Lexus IS F Predator Edition is quite a good one and insight to some major things to come in GT5.:)

Well I've began to settle in now at University, and looks like I have plenty of time to spare, but by the time GT5 comes out I will be diving into exams unfortunately. Rather irritating we have to wait so much longer. I may look into Shift to see me over for a while, that or Dirt 2 to go along with my almost certain purchase of Flashpoint 2.

I wouldn't recommend Shift. IMHO, there is no intermediate substitute racing game for GT5 before it comes out, all other offerings are too sub par, I've gotten used to the standards of Prologue now. I'll be looking at other games to play in the mean time, just not racing games.:)

I'm not looking for an outright super sim to get me over, I just want another driving game, to go with my now upgraded to most important game of the year (for me) Operation Flashpoint 2.

Back