Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found time to try the Triumph... and the Esprit 900.

The Triumph is real nice. No monster car for sure, but for a car that old, it feels nice to drive around a track. It beats a maxed up silvia Q (only 280 bhp if i'm not mistaken) I tried to tune, so it can't be that bad (of course, I'm no expert tuner, very far from it; but I believed the gap in power would still beat the old brit).
Of course, considering the age, you still need to go with care, but nothing really wrong with it; after all, you can't attack corners with that car as you would do with a car filled with electronics.

The disappointement came from the lotus. The problem is... that I use the DS2 controller, and that I lack the skill to drive it well.
When these two factors are combined, you get a car that is frustrating as hell (at the very least), because it lacks control.
I could get it to drive near nice on a big flat track (fuji 2k). There, no problem; no, i should say the problems were hidden.
Because on GVS, what a pain in the a$$... You can't go full throttle, because you will end up in that ****ing wall, and that thing can't brake if you turn the little juste a little.

The car in itself might not be that bad, I can't say for sure. What I'm sure about, is that the lotus is a car for those who know HOW to drive (real)high powered mid engined cars. If you are not at that level yet, don't EVEN think of trying that car, because you will end up with a huge disappointment.

Thanks for the review. However, in this case, I don't think that the controller made that big difference. It's just a bad tune from me, Esprit just didn't want to do what I told it to do, and as such.. it's a bit of a mule to drive.

Here's my review for the BMW 2002 TTII:

My First Impression was that it would be very similar to my tune bar a few small differences. I was Wrong. Your car is looser in the handling than mine (Don't get the wrong impression, I Love It!!!), which is a good thing. It is a little easier to spin out than mine though, but when you get that under control the Beemer is capablle of some suprisingly quick laps. Gear Ratios are all spot on, as is the suspension settings and BBC.
Your tune has now been saved as my 2nd Set of settings for my BMW. I don't usually do that with other people's tunes but I loved this one that much I had to!
Oh and I should get my mum to yell at you and not me because I almost missed the school bus in the morning yesterday! This is car is that addictive to the right person that you just want to keep on driving it!
Another Great Tune MFT:tup:👍
Keep up the good work.:sly:
Cougar23

Thanks for the review! It indeed is an oldschool racer, relying more on mechanical traction than aerodynamics ( which it doesn't have, thanks to being typical 70's brick :lol:), and overall, I have to say that this is one of my better tunes.

Ahhh, MFT. How long has it been?

Sadly, I can play GT4 no longer, as my 160GB PS3 does not have backwards compatibility, which seems rather odd, for a limited edition console. I may try to purchase a secondhand PS2 sometime in the future, but I don't know when that will happen. Keep cranking out the quality tunes, you've always done a fantastic job.

Hope to see you in GT5!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2791150&postcount=793

Well I just completed the Subaru 360 cup and I absolutely love the 360 in WR Blue Mica!!!!And then i came across this,"arguably the slowest road car in all of GT4 tuning".Our of extreme boredom,i decided to play around with this car and see how it drives.I must say,this car is great fun to drive, its slow but oddly,i don't fell bored driving this car.It feels like its on R5s and yet its on mere N3s.It takes most corners of the tracks i tested it on perfectly.

Overall,I'll say this is a great car to go cruising in when you want a break from those long,hard races.

and btw,think you guys could do a "Renault Avantime F1 edition " like you did with the Clio?All i request is that its great fun to drive.

Thanks!

DuoMaxwell - Thanks for the Spitfire review! It's surprisingly nippy for its age and power but then again, with that amount of weight just about anything feels lively. Most definitely one of the most entertaining cars I've made for a while.

I'll also have a word of my own about the Esprit. I don't know if it's a bad tune like Leonidae says himself, more like the car can't be turned into something it isn't. I made my own version shortly after the release for comparison's sake and while I managed to make it faster (actually enough to bring Grim R34per down from its podium) it was even more of a murderer.

GeeTeeR - Now that's what I call an unusual choice! And even if I say it myself the setup makes a lot more difference even at those speeds than one might think, it's indeed an entertaining drive despite being just about capable of winning the Sunday Cup. Just make sure the track you'll be cruising at doesn't have many straights to be mentioned! :lol:

Hi guys,I recently bought myself a skyline(most expensive one,can't remember which),and tried to set it up with the settings listed under Grim R34PER,and found that I was unable to tweak the gear ratios to match the ratios listed.I also had the same problem with the Nismo Staega.I used the parts from the tuner village.Should I buy the parts from Nismo? Any idea what's the problem?

Last edited:
In the Grim R34per's case it could be, that the car isn't correct one ('02 V-Spec II Nür), which prevents you from achieving the correct gear ratios. also, did you follow the instructions in the setup? First auto, then final and last the actual gear ratios.

If the Skyline used was the most expensive one it's the M-Spec Nür, one more vote for trouble arising from the wrong car. The car choice can affect the Stagea as well, it could be the RS Four while the 550R is based on the Autech version.

Then some news on the car I should have released already. The setup is ready, the lap time has been driven, even the pictures have been taken. And then I forgot to shoot the engine graph which combined with being bloody tired led to such a level of frustration that the PS2 isn't going to be turned on again today. Either I'll release it without the graph or we'll play the waiting game a bit more.

release without the graph and add it on when you can bring yourself to look at the ps2? I'm back btw, should mean a review for you soon. :)

Oscar.

Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R SSS '70

293 bhp, 305 Nm, 965 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.5 / 4.5
Ride Height: 125 / 140
Bound: 5 / 7
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 8

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.864
2nd: 2.048
3rd: 1.620
4th: 1.333
5th: 1.130
6th: 0.970
Final Gear: 3.700

Autoset 7

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

The late great Enzo Ferrari once said that aerodynamics is for those who can't build proper engines. Was he right? One of the ways to find out is to pit superior aerodynamics against superior power and see which one comes out on top. Thus was born our target of today, the Skyline 2000GT-R SSS.

While not quite a true Super Sports Sedan in the word's true meaning the Skyline 2000GT-R definitely lives up to the famous abbreviation and provides a different approach to the well known GT-R badge. No turbocharging, no intelligent four wheel drive, just a screaming NA inline six and two driving wheels at the correct end of the car. Kitted out as a trackday special the car is also carrying a beefed up transmission and a racing suspension based on the vintage versions from the '70s. But the most visible parts are the new decal stripes, the plastic bumpers and most importantly the aerodynamic package that was to level the field despite the severe power disadvantage compared to its European rivals.

Was it enough? Nope. Enzo was partly right, partly wrong... aerodynamics work wonders but even they can't make miracles when the opposing engine is good enough.

Last edited:
Saleen GT-S7'02

! This car is stupid fast ! The torque is phenominal. The steering responce, perfect. Acceleration, :crazy: !!!WHOOOOOOOAA!!! :crazy:. my only qualm is the gearing in the higher gears. fixed that with a 3.540 final. Got the top speed about 210+. Anywho, i like the handling characteristics of this car. It is definitely a drivers car in the sence that you are on the edge of your seat while pulling every ounce of performance out of this beast. This car will surprize you. Pinning you into your seat the moment you take off. pulling right at 2gs' through corners you think you're gunna hit the wall in. Blasting out of said corners like a snake striking its prey at ungodly speeds. Draft another car and you'll pass it like its standing still. Eyes popping out of sockets when you get on the brakes. This is by far the most narley S7 I've ever tested.

P.S.
Word of caution, keep this car on the track because if you drop even one wheel off the track it WILL go spinning into next week. If you start to slide, GET OFF GAS.

Gonna have to try that tune sometime. Of course, it's just a matter of getting the goddamn thing... :grumpy:

Review of the Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC10) SSS

Did a lap of the 'Ring in the MFT KPGC10. Ran it against another tuned KPGC10, and it won so comfortably that when I went off for a few seconds (seeing as when I try opposite lock, I snap steer because I don't have a steering wheel), it didn't make any difference. I will not name the losing KPGC10 for fear of a...mob hit, but both cars do have a hell of a lot of wheelspin off the line. I had to counter this with a low RPM start. The car, despite its lack of driver aids, was hard to either make it oversteer or understeer...as long as it was doing more than 110km/h. It would easily kick arse at the NA Sports race, where the points I received for winning ranged from 37 to 82 A-Spec points. The car can also kick AC 427 S/C arse in the World Classics Cup, and I'm feeling confident about the 1000 Miles thing...if I don't mind getting square eyes. But, all in all it's a good all-rounder. Another great export from Finland! 👍 :cheers:

P.S. It's a shame you can't adjust drivers aids when you are driving, and not just when you're at the same screen as when you're setting up the suspension, transmission etc.

driftking18594 - Thanks, that was quite a swift first review for the car! Much of the steadiness can be attributed to the downforce but seeing that I managed to beat the opposition that (at least to my knowledge) also sports an aero package I must have done something right with the suspension too. It's a very predictable handler, give some slight reluctancy to turn under certain low speed conditions. But if I were you, I wouldn't even think of runnign it in the 1000 Miles! because it'll kill, murder and slaughter the rest of the field (providing there is no Cobra present) so badly that it isn't even funny anymore. Unless you run N1 tyres...

Skyline tune looks nice. I have to go digging and see if I have a 2000 GT-R hiding in the garage somewhere. This reminds me to do the BMW 2002 tune, I got a black one now.

The 2002 BMW tune was excellent. The gearbox set-up was quick and nippy which helped on corner exits. The suspension at first was uneasy and didn't grip in the way I desired, though after halfway into a lap at Grand Valley East it became manageable. I did make these adjustments to get a better feel for the car Brakes: F/R 9/12 and Stabilizers: F/R 4/7. The rest if the tune I have no complaint about and man the gears really won me over though I wanna tweak it out to do more along the lines of low 190's mph rather than 183, 184ish.

Last edited:
In other words, you had to make it more understeery during both braking and cornering? :odd: well, I hate to tell you, but that oversteering, slippery attitude is what makes this car so fast. The setup you made is probably better for your abilities, but I can almost guarantee that it is slower.

In other words, you had to make it more understeery during both braking and cornering? :odd: well, I hate to tell you, but that oversteering, slippery attitude is what makes this car so fast. The setup you made is probably better for your abilities, but I can almost guarantee that it is slower.

Yea your right, I always say sliding isn't the fastest way around the track but it works in many races. In tighter battles I use that over steering, sliding to help get around a corner with minimal brake. But again the tune was fine and I liked, fortunately GT4 has the 3 tune set-up boxes, so I still have yours.

Did I run the idea of an EVO III tune by you, I'm re-working mine for better lap times at Grand Valley and Laguna Seca.

I have an idea for a car to be tuned, it's the lotus elise 111s, i made one to look like the lotus exige they had on TopGear. It's basically coloured black with the spoiler 2D AB on it. It looks like this:

295324l.jpg

xofr6r.jpg

But could you make it a advanced or novice tuning as i'm not exactly good enough for pro or expert tuners.

PS: I tried out the MFT X-Fire RC. I was just blown away on the performance of that thing! It's just amazing!

Last edited:
You're going to need a bit more of a review than that to get something from MFT mate.

Also, I've done a few 111S Elise projects, they can be made to be very good handling but the brakes are so utterly woeful that it's near on pointless.

I just took the s2000 type r around el capitan. I chose that car because I also tuned a s2000(amuse street version) and wanted to compare. Your car was very stable in all the corners, with a hint of understeer. The power isnt to bad either. Your gearing helped put the car in its powerband through all the gears. Really nice car. Pretty sure with stage 2 weight reduction and a little bit more power your s2000 would prolly be on par with mine or even faster. Lol. In the end I liked the car. Very easy to drive and correcting understeer/oversteer was a breeze. Really nice setup for a beginner/intermediate driver I should say. Now I am going to try out one of your ff cars. :)

p.s I am bad with reviews so sorry if my review didnt say much.

I have an idea for a car to be tuned, it's the lotus elise 111s, i made one to look like the lotus exige they had on TopGear. It's basically coloured black with the spoiler 2D AB on it. It looks like this:

But could you make it a advanced or novice tuning as i'm not exactly good enough for pro or expert tuners.

PS: I tried out the MFT X-Fire RC. I was just blown away on the performance of that thing! It's just amazing!

It's good to hear that our older cars are tested too, but as RJ said, we'd appreciate bit more accurate feedback, such as

-where you tested it
-what did you like/dislike, and if there was any unsettling behavior at tricky spots etc.

Personally, I prefer the Mk1 Elises that had the torquey Rover K-series engine, but I'm sure that I can make the Elise 111S perform adequately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back