Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, folks...

I took a something of a weekend break as will become the norm once I re-design the first post with all types of new information on where I want the "store" to go and such. But back to work for now....still have two or three requests left.

And I still need to organize the TT Competition. :ill:

My, my...what have I gotten myself into? :lol:

Did you set it up on a wheel or controller? I'm not sure what to adjust in the controller settings to get rid of the adverse steering input. Does the game automatically use settings for a wheel seperate from a controller? Or, do the settings have to be adjusted if you switch back and forth? Did you set it up on a wheel or controller? I'm not sure what to adjust to get rid of the adverse steering input.

There are moments of not constantly having too much steering input (left/right left/right/ left/right with even the slightest movement of the stick), where the car takes a turn just right and it feels great.

Did you set it up on a wheel or controller? I'm not sure what to adjust in the controller settings to get rid of the adverse steering input. Does the game automatically use settings for a wheel seperate from a controller? Or, do the settings have to be adjusted if you switch back and forth? Did you set it up on a wheel or controller? I'm not sure what to adjust to get rid of the adverse steering input.

There are moments of not constantly having too much steering input (left/right left/right/ left/right with even the slightest movement of the stick), where the car takes a turn just right and it feels great.

I've always used a controller with the 360, and I've never modified any of the deadzones because believe it or not, I haven't the slightest clue as to what any one of the adjustments do. :dunce:

Scratch that....

I'll update the settings I'm using to this post very shortly.

UPDATE: New controller settings and updated tune for the CCX (a very good test candidate) and everything is looking very well.

It's just faster and faster around London River. I can lap at a possible 1:16.xxx once I get used to everything.

Here are the Adjust Control Settings RT will be using for the foreseeable future....

Steering Dead Zone: 25%
Accelerator Dead Zone: 12%
Brake Dead Zone: 12%
Steering Sensitivity: 30%
Accelerator Sensitivity: 60%
Braking Sensitivity: 60%
Speed Steering Sensitivity: 100%
Inverse Shifting: Off
Camera Y Axis: Normal

The CCX settings will also be updated shortly. All three remaining custom requests will be delivered tomorrow, guaranteed. Private messages will be dispatched to those involved.

The Adjust Control settings will also be added to the first post of the store for permanent future reference whether such settings are adjusted or not.

Oh, and just for a laugh it seems both myself and NLxAROSA are famous now - NFS: Shift Official TUNING/Setting thread

Last edited:
just wanted to say that you guys freakin rock! without finding this forum, with your insanely good tunes, i was ready to frisbee my NFS Shift disc.

thanks a ton!

just wanted to say that you guys freakin rock! without finding this forum, with your insanely good tunes, i was ready to frisbee my NFS Shift disc.

thanks a ton!

Thank you. 👍

On a similar note, I had some ridiculous computer trouble yesterday as I lost everything on my disk (the most important being GTR2 which took up about 39-something GB with all the mods and such) but everything is back to normal and those of which have been delayed will be delivered today.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

I had some ridiculous computer trouble yesterday as I lost everything on my disk (the most important being GTR2 which took up about 39-something GB with all the mods and such) but everything is back to normal...

Wheeew, I'm glad you saw all your stuff back in it's place, I'll bet you we're sweating for a moment there? :scared:

Looking very much forward to taking on the "Stratosphere03 - Impreza WRX STi" tonight. Last night I was doing some of the career Japanese race and TT's in an (almost) default settings but upgraded Impreza. It's going to be quite interesting to see what difference the tune makes in feeling and performance.

Up until last night I had set up a personal challenge in Shift to only to use VW group vehicles whenever the choice was given. Don't ask me why, just a spur of the moment thing when getting into the game.

:crazy: maybe?

How is the RS4 coming along? Does the Audi even have what it takes to be generally competitive around tier3 stuff?

Wheeew, I'm glad you saw all your stuff back in it's place, I'll bet you we're sweating for a moment there? :scared:

Looking very much forward to taking on the "Stratosphere03 - Impreza WRX STi" tonight. Last night I was doing some of the career Japanese race and TT's in an (almost) default settings but upgraded Impreza. It's going to be quite interesting to see what difference the tune makes in feeling and performance.

Up until last night I had set up a personal challenge in Shift to only to use VW group vehicles whenever the choice was given. Don't ask me why, just a spur of the moment thing when getting into the game.

:crazy: maybe?

How is the RS4 coming along? Does the Audi even have what it takes to be generally competitive around tier3 stuff?

The RS4 is coming along very well, been experimenting with the Adjust Control settings over the last two days and the feeling is just better. I was able to shave nearly 2 seconds off of both the CCX and Veyron times, so I'd expect the RS4 to shoot around the track once it's done.

Audi RS4 - Stage III, All compatible upgrades

Driver's Note: Strongly advised that you watch for your braking points, because you must brake early with this tune. Further explanation below.

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 31.59
R. Tire Pressure - 32.41
Brake Balance - 74.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 22.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - -0.70
R. Toe Angle - -0.20
F. Camber - -1.40
R. Camber - -1.10
F. Ride Height - 95.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 399.73
R. Sway bar - 279.81
F. Spring Rate - 513.93
R. Spring Rate - 532.96
F. Bump Stop Length -1.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 5,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,900.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,100.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,800.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,800.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,500.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 20.00

Gearing

Final - 5.74
1st - 3.50
2nd - 2.25
3rd - 1.52
4th - 1.17
5th - 1.02
6th - 0.78

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 9.00
R. Downforce - 14.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Fastest lap recorded at London River is 1:21.340 (With KERS, no, I mean Nitrous). :lol:
Fastest lap recorded without the use of Nitrous: 1:23.490.

Tune originally suffered from heavy understeer and poor braking distance overall, but both along with stability were improved and rather easily at that. Very well planted through the corners, capable of carrying a decent speed through corners which are wide enough to counter steer before understeer takes precedence, which it will if you push too hard. Before taking precedence however, it's been offset by slight oversteer which is noticeable but the AWD systems corrects the "error" too quickly for it to be significant. Braking distance has also been improved by setting the bias to 74/26, placing more bias on the front brakes which decreases the original brake distance by some degree, but as already mentioned early braking is still very much advised.

Last edited:
Very cool Renown Tuning, looking forward to testing out the tuned RS4

2009_DTM-R1_13.jpg

Daydreaming :)

Last edited:
hey guys. i know that im pretty new to the board and haven't posted a lot, but is there any chance i could get a tune for the BMW M3 E46? this may be the closest i ever get to having an actual BMW... lol

no rush, thanks again for all the hard work =]

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - Stage 3, All compatible upgrades (Works Converted)

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.90
R. Tire Pressure - 32.90
Brake Balance - 58.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 19.00
Caster Angle - 2.50
F. Toe Angle - 0.70
R. Toe Angle - 0.40
F. Camber - -1.70
R. Camber - -1.50
F. Ride Height - 60.00
R. Ride Height - 70.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 456.63
R. Sway bar - 228.41
F. Spring Rate - 532.96
R. Spring Rate - 566.27
F. Bump Stop Length - 4.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 4.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,500.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,600.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,600.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 65.00

Gearing

Final - 5.89
1st - 3.31
2nd - 1.89
3rd - 1.36
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.97
6th - 0.87

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 10.00
R. Downforce - 12.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 0.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Fastest lap recorded at London River is 1:16.420

What can be said that hasn't already been said? The LP640 is very well planted and has a great deal of potential, but this particular tune is a bit oversteer bias for the most part to allow for greater sensitivity in crucial points of turn-in capability. It's very sharp in the corners but as expected it's controllable, and there's a hint of understeer to some degree to offset said understeering which can improve cornering and in-line entry.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised

Last edited:
hey guys. i know that im pretty new to the board and haven't posted a lot, but is there any chance i could get a tune for the BMW M3 E46? this may be the closest i ever get to having an actual BMW... lol

no rush, thanks again for all the hard work =]

You certainly can, I'll be working on my own E46 tune that's been listed as "Coming Soon" for about a week or two now.

However, I'll be taking a short break from RT for about two or three days so once I'm back I'll get right to it. 👍

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - Stage 3, All compatible upgrades (Works Converted)

What can be said that hasn't already been said? The LP640 is very well planted and has a great deal of potential, but this particular tune is a bit oversteer bias for the most part to allow for greater sensitivity in crucial points of turn-in capability. It's very sharp in the corners but as expected it's controllable, and there's a hint of understeer to some degree to offset said understeering which can improve cornering and in-line entry.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised

WOW!!!

There's nothing more to say... this tune is amazing. loving it more and more with every race.

hellz yeah =D

Excellent Lambo tune =) Haha, how bout a Works Z06 and a Stage III Porsche GT2 (I prefer it to its skinny, non-turbo'd brother, the GT3)?

Excellent Lambo tune =) Haha, how bout a Works Z06 and a Stage III Porsche GT2 (I prefer it to its skinny, non-turbo'd brother, the GT3)?

I brought the GT2 yesterday and I'm working on my own tune, so I'll list that here.

Same goes for the Z06.

I brought the GT2 yesterday and I'm working on my own tune, so I'll list that here.

Same goes for the Z06.

that Z06 is an amazing car in real life. they call 'em "the porsche killers". tons of car for the money. can't wait to see the tune. :)

I'd love to see a works viper tune ;) Its so quick, but slides around like crazy and can't get much cornering potential out of it. If it could be tamed, it'd be a monster. Unfortunately there's a bug on the PC version (not sure about other versions) where gearing gets reset every time you try and change it, which limits the car a lot.

Terronium, ive got a GT3 RS that is undriveable because it bounces like crazy! What do i need to do to fix this? ive tried out a bunch of set-ups, but cant figure it out......

You could check out the GT3 RS tune, see if that helps.

If not, give me the track where it's bump-jumping and I'll work on it. 👍

Hi all, I'm new to the forum.
Terronium great tunes you've worked up here. I'm amazed you've been able to do so well considering the bouncing problem. 👍
I've been trying to get my e46 M3 works car to be at least fairly stable but I've hit a wall (literally and figuratively). The thing slides all over the place. Have you had any better success at it? I saw earlier in the thread you were working on it. Thanks again!:)

This IS good stuff, THANKS! I was just about to sign up for this forum only to find I've been a member since 2005. Who knew?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum.
Terronium great tunes you've worked up here. I'm amazed you've been able to do so well considering the bouncing problem. 👍
I've been trying to get my e46 M3 works car to be at least fairly stable but I've hit a wall (literally and figuratively). The thing slides all over the place. Have you had any better success at it? I saw earlier in the thread you were working on it. Thanks again!:)

Yeah. I'm still working on the M3, E46 and E92. A couple of tunes will be made available sometime tomorrow, including both M3's.

.....I think. :P

This IS good stuff, THANKS! I was just about to sign up for this forum only to find I've been a member since 2005. Who knew?

That, sir is hilarious. :lol:

New to the board. thought I would post up some settings that worked for me with the Corvette. I was able to crank out 172 Mph on the tri-oval. Hope nobody minds but I could not locate any settings for it and this forum and post has the best settings that I have found and tried.

Corvette
Works package

Tires and Brakes

Front Tire pressure - 33.33
Rear Tire Pressue - 33.33
Brake Balance - 57.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 26.00
Caster Angle - 3.00
Front Toe - 0.50
Rear Toe - 0.50
Front Camber - -2.00
Rear Camber - -1.20
Front Ride Height* - 90.00
Rear Ride Height * - 100.00

* I tried this setting slightly lower but this is as low as it can go without bottoming out

Springs and Dampers

Front Sway Bar - 456.83
Rear Sway Bar - 228.41
Front Spring Rate - 566.27
Rear Spring Rate - 532.97
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 5,500.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,900.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,400.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,400.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,400.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,400.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 35.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 60.00
L. Slip Preload - 110.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final Drive - 6.17
1st Gear - 3.50
2nd Gear - 2.29
3rd Gear - 1.74
4th Gear - 1.45
5th Gear - 1.25
6th Gear - 1.05

Aerodynamics

Front Downforce - 2.00
Rear Downforce -4.00
Cooler - 1.00
Brake - 1.00

I used this setup also on the Spa and and you have to get a good launch and blow past everyone and it should put you into second place and from there you should be able to catch first place and pass them.

Porsche 911 GT2 - Stuttgart powered. rear-wheel driven.

Vehicle Note: This tune was approached without the following customizations: Suspension Stage 3, Body Kit 3, Cockpit Upgrade Stage 3, and Semi-Welded Chassis.

Driver's Note:
Tested at Silverstone International, London River, and Ambush Canyon and bump-jumping has been addressed as much as possible. Further explanation below.

Car Rating: 15.26

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.90
R. Tire Pressure - 33.91
Brake Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 18.00
Caster Angle - 2.50
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.10
F. Camber - -2.00
R. Camber - -1.20
F. Ride Height - 70.00
R. Ride Height - 80.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 239.84
F. Spring Rate - 413.05
R. Spring Rate - 428.28
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,900.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,600.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,300.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1,900.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 7,200.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,600.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,200.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 45.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 55.00
L. Slip Preload -70.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing
- Default Values

Final - 5.89
1st - 2.92
2nd - 2.00
3rd - 1.45
4th - 1.90
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.78

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 3.00
R. Downforce - 4.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Fastest lap recorded at London River is: N/A. Expect a lap time shortly.

This tune is intended to make the GT2 as stable as possible and while doing so trying to eliminate the tedious bump-jumping. Both have been achieved in the long run but the only possible means of a drawback would be a slightly increased understeer ratio. The GT2 can take corners bravely while maintaining both form and orientation simultaneously, however, be cautious not to carry too much speed into any corner as it seems the excessive friction causes the front end to lose contact with the line of path (possibly due to torque) and steer in the opposite direction. Also worth noting is the GT2 seems to have a more sincere feeling of weight shifting when turning into a corner, pulling off the line and braking. Bump-jumping is still present, unfortunately, but the effect is feint. When coming to a change in track elevation expect the suspension to jounce, but the the jounce seems to be more appropriate. If for whatever reason you lose control of the vehicle while the suspension is reacting simply let off the accelerator and attempt to dry steer the vehicle into it's appropriate path, braking is another option.

Last edited:
I ran a 7:20 on Nordschleife right outta the gate with that tune. Which for me is not bad. :)👍 No real bouncing issues (as long as you set up correctly for the bumps). And it beat my e46 Works car record by 4 seconds. The tune for the M3 is still evolving, but it's better than it was. I'm not sure if it's EVER going to feel as tight as the Porsche. Here is my tuning for the M3 so far...

BMW e46 M3 - Works Setup udated 10/17/09

Tires And Brakes
Fr. Tire Press. - 32.90 (was 32.17)
Rear Tire Press. - 32.17 (was 32.03)
Brake Balance - 57.50 (was 60.00)

Alignment
Steering Lock - 24
Caster Angle - 3.5
Fr. Toe Angle - -0.4
Rear Toe Angle - 0.1
Fr. Camber - -2.0 (was -1.8)
Rear Camber - -1.5 (was -1.1)
Fr. Ride Height - 80
Rear Ride Height - 85 (was 80)

Springs And Dampers
Fr. Sway Bar - 285.52 (was 342.62)
Rear Sway Bar - 228.41 (was 256.97)
Fr. Spring Rate - 609.10 (was 761.38)
Rear Spring Rate - 666.19
Fr. Bump Stop Length - 1
Rear Bump Stop Length - 2 (was 1)
Front Damper Slow Bump - 3900
Rear Damper Slow Bump - 4200
Fr. Damper Fast Bump - 2100
Rear Damper Fast Bump - 2500
Fr. Damper Slow Rebound - 5200
Rear. Damper Slow Rebound - 6200 (was 6500)
Fr. Damper Fast Rebound - 3500
Rear Damper Fast Rebound - 4500 (was 3900)

Differential
Limited Slip Accel. Lock - 85 (was 80)
Limited Slip Deccel. Lock - 60
Limited Slip Preload - 80 (was 70)
Visco Electronic Lock

Gearing
Final Drive Gear Ratio - 5.44
1st Gear Ratio - 3.5
2nd Gear Ratio - 2.38
3rd Gear Ratio - 1.68
4th Gear Ratio - 1.24
5th Gear Ratio - 1.09 (was 1.02)
6th Gear Ratio - 0.84 (was 0.76)

Aerodynamics
Fr. Downforce - 8.00 (was 5.00)
Rear Downforce - 8.00 (was 9.00)
Cooler Radiator Opening - 1.00 (was 2.00)
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00 (was 2.00)

It's set up primarily for the Nordschleife. I shorten the gears a bit for smaller tracks.

Update: This tune seems much more controllable than previously and less suseptible to bounce. The car still seems wildly short on traction and downforce but there doesn't seem to be much more I can do to improve it. Hopefully wiser heads than mine can fine tune this.

Last edited:
Hey i know im new but if you get some time and feel like it, iv grown really fond of the Lotus Elise 111R Fully upgraded with the works conversion, but i dont know a thing about tuning. So if you would give it a shot its be greatly appreciated!

Hey, nice topic you have here!

May I ask for a tuning setup for the legend, the McLaren F1?
I really love the car but all my advanced tuning efforts seem to yield worse results than the quick tuning.

In quick I have 60 Steering Lock, 20 Gearing, 50 Balance, 60 Grip.
Might be an awful setup, haven't tinkered with it a lot but generally like it.

However I would like to get something more out of the car and I can't seem to nail the proper stuff. :(

Some help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back