Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most definitely. We'll be re-opening tomorrow. 👍

As RT now is now done with the remodeling and has gotten the scuff marks off the shop floor, I'd really like to take my RS4 in for a tune-up.

Ideally to perform well on the RT test track "London River", that is if the test track has not changed it's venue along with the remodeling. I also like to take a trip to Belgium and have some brisk stints around the track over there.

Anything goes...

Last edited:
As RT now is now done with the remodeling and has gotten the scuff marks off the shop floor, I'd really like to take my RS4 in for a tune-up.

Ideally to perform well on the RT test track "London River", that is if the test track has not changed it's venue along with the remodeling. I also like to take a trip to Belgium and have some brisk stints around the track over there.

Anything goes...

Happy to oblige.

You might get snowed under with requests Terronium! Great work you're doing here!

I have an issue with trampolining at the moment, especially around Ambush Canyon and I'm really struggling with it.

A decent Camaro SS tune for the US Events (Tier 2) would be greatly appreciated. I'm having a hugely difficult time trying to beat the last rival in his GT500 Muzzy as the Camaro bunny-hops across all the bumpy parts of the track quite severely and I can't seem to sort it out...

Just a quick update...

Everything is going well but the process is taking a bit longer as I haven't played in roughly two weeks and I've lost some of the feeling, but nonetheless some settings will be delivered today, and all will be delivered no later than tomorrow.

Guaranteed.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Could you post one for a Works S2000?

The car drives like a carp and I'm about to sell it for an Audi! It's stupid loose, tires break loose too easily in 3rd, 4th, and maybe even 5th gear. I have everything set back to default. I just want to enjoy this car like I did when I first got it.

Full blown Stage 2 & 3 then Works just killed the car (for me) :(

Could you post one for a Works S2000?

The car drives like a carp and I'm about to sell it for an Audi! It's stupid loose, tires break loose too easily in 3rd, 4th, and maybe even 5th gear. I have everything set back to default. I just want to enjoy this car like I did when I first got it.

Full blown Stage 2 & 3 then Works just killed the car (for me) :(

Added to the list. 👍

Sorry I'm new to the board but where is the s2000 tuning Sheet (form what ever you call it) that somebody requested?

Sorry I'm new to the board but where is the s2000 tuning Sheet (form what ever you call it) that somebody requested?

Everything that's been requested by someone (except yours check your messages) is on the first page, first post.

As for the tuning template for the S2000 it hasn't been worked on yet, but I'm about to add the Camaro so if you're interested in what the template looks like you could wait until that's added to the store, or you could rummage through the previous tuning setups I did.

Is there a general rule of thumb for the Works cars (or Stage 2/3) to get them to handle like they should? It seems the general consensus, once you throw on the full mods the cars just become garbage. What is causing it, is it a glitch, or do they just set the setup to be junk so you have to wrench on the car?

Is there a general rule of thumb for the Works cars (or Stage 2/3) to get them to handle like they should? It seems the general consensus, once you throw on the full mods the cars just become garbage. What is causing it, is it a glitch, or do they just set the setup to be junk so you have to wrench on the car?

From all the tuning I've done it seems just that - once you outfit the vehicle with Stage 3 upgrades or Works Convert it it's susceptible to bump-jumping (what I call it) it's mostly due to the suspension being far too soft, not enough downforce being present or there doesn't seem to be any torque shift present. So the vehicle either bump-jumps or the rear wheels are just excessively overpowered.

Not to mention I've almost always had to lessen the tire pressure to get near the proper grip to do a lap I was satisfied with.

Chevrolet Camaro, SS Type 2 - Stage 3 (All, except Weight Reduction 2)

Driver's Note: After extensive testing on two different tracks this tune is specifically intended to minimize bump-jumping, however, due to the problem in the game it's going to be present but I've worked on it up until the point where it's controllable. A drastic change in surface will cause the vehicle to jump, almost as if it were sporting a hydraulic system (which is retarded, but back to being professional), you may want to experiment with no weight reduction as the additional weight does have an impact on the stability when a transition between track surfaces occur. More down below.

Car Rating: 12.40

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.90
R. Tire Pressure - 32.90
Brake Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 3.75
F. Toe Angle - -0.30
R. Toe Angle - -0.10
F. Camber - -1.20
R. Camber - -1.30
F. Ride Height - 85.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 456.63
R. Sway bar - 228.41
F. Spring Rate - 704.27
R. Spring Rate - 637.65
F. Bump Stop Length - 3.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 5,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 6,100.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,700.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,700.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,100.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,100.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 55.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 65.00
L. Slip Preload - 100.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.59
1st - 3.31
2nd - 2.17
3rd - 1.71
4th - 1.45
5th - 1.21
6th - 0.90

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 20.00
R. Downforce - 22.00

If we're to be honest, this vehicle is the farthest thing from being recommendable, that's not to say it isn't stable because it is for an FR vehicle of it's kind, however, it just doesn't play too well. It can't decide whether it wants to oversteer or understeer, it'll even attempt to do both at the same time given the proper opportunity. Bump-jumping is an utmost severity with this vehicle. There is a specific method to minimize the effect and it involves finding the proper racing line and just massing through it without going too wide into the outer edge of the upcoming corner. As such this will be covered by RT's extended tuning service.

There are some positives aside from those already mentioned (if you can notice them) straight line stability is very practical and tidy, acceleration is also tidy but the top speed is limited to 160+ as aerodynamics took the utmost priority in this tune. The SS brakes very well and you can brake into some corners later than others, but precise throttle control is advised because the rear end will step out if you push too hard. All in all, the car is both controllable and tolerable if you're committed to let the positives shine, and there are many, you just have drive it hard around an open track to learn the grip angles.

Hopefully the last to be covered by extensive re-tuning as well.

Last edited:
Chevrolet Camaro SS - Stage 3 (All, except Weight Reduction

Car Rating: 12.40

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.90
R. Tire Pressure - 32.90
Brake Balance - 57.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 3.50
F. Toe Angle - 0.30
R. Toe Angle - 0.30
F. Camber - -0.80
R. Camber - -1.00
F. Ride Height - 85.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 456.63
R. Sway bar - 228.41
F. Spring Rate - 704.27
R. Spring Rate - 637.65
F. Bump Stop Length - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 5,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 6,100.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,700.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,700.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,100.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,100.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 55.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 65.00
L. Slip Preload - 100.00

Gearing

Final - 5.59
1st - 3.11
2nd - 2.17
3rd - 1.71
4th - 1.45
5th - 1.21
6th - 0.90

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 20.00
R. Downforce - 22.00

Driver's Note: These settings are comparable to the Type 2 with subtle differences between the two models. Works Conversion is anything but justifiable on this vehicle as it increases nearly every fault the vehicle has from the get-go, therefore Stage 3 is what's advised.

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting! I'll try it out, it definately wants to put out the back on turns, I'm just suspecting that it's ridiculous torque is the problem! Do you think the bouncing problem is something that will be better once EA patches it to fix the bug?

Hmmm, interesting! I'll try it out, it definately wants to put out the back on turns, I'm just suspecting that it's ridiculous torque is the problem! Do you think the bouncing problem is something that will be better once EA patches it to fix the bug?

Definitely. I don't know what happened during the initial programming/testing phases but somehow it was overlooked. Suspension coils just don't bounce like that, unless you're sporting hydraulics.

Definitely. I don't know what happened during the initial programming/testing phases but somehow it was overlooked. Suspension coils just don't bounce like that, unless you're sporting hydraulics.

It seems to me the Camaro will be a much more controllable car after they patch the 'hydraulics' bug. I know a FR drive car can't turn as fast as an AWD, but this bug makes it horrible. I can't wait to have that fixed!

It seems to me the Camaro will be a much more controllable car after they patch the 'hydraulics' bug. I know a FR drive car can't turn as fast as an AWD, but this bug makes it horrible. I can't wait to have that fixed!

There is a tier 1 race with the Camaro vs. a Challenger at Road America. Based on that race, I'd be apt to buy a bow tie. But, the bugs that are swarming some of these cars makes me very leery of what to buy next :(

Hey, just tried your Camaro SS tune, it is much more controllable (even tho I still have the Works on). I think it's the damn hydraulics bug that's messing up the camaro's handling.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS - There is no substitute.

NOTE: This qualifies as being an RT Track Special in addition to being a Custom.

Car Rating: 13.00

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.61
R. Tire Pressure - 33.48
Brake Balance - 59.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 21.00 (19.00 is also an option)
Caster Angle - 2.50
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.30
F. Camber - -2.00
R. Camber - -1.00
F. Ride Height - 70.00
R. Ride Height - 75.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 399.73
R. Sway bar - 228.41
F. Spring Rate - 472.05
R. Spring Rate - 571.04
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,600.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,600.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,700.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,700.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 7,200.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,300.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,500.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,200.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00

Gearing

Final - 5.59
1st - 3.50
2nd - 2.01
3rd - 1.63
4th - 1.28 (1.31)
5th - 1.09 (1.05)
6th - 0.76 (0.92)

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 12.00
R. Downforce - 16.00

Fastest lap recorded is 1:25.830 at London River, and is well capable of 1:20.xxx.

The RS is very planted, even more so with this tune. There's the slightest hint of oversteer, but straight line stability and turn-in are improved. The RS is fitted with every Stage 3, Aerodynamic, and Race Parts upgrade and I have yet to experience any bump-jumping. Turn in is very sharp and requires your utmost attention to get where you need to go the quickest way possible. You can carry a good amount of speed through corners and with that in mind I haven't really noticed any sign of understeer, so either it's very feint or the hint of oversteering takes precedence. Sixth gear might seem a bit sluggish due to the taller forth and shorter fifth ratios; this was done to maximize acceleration throughout the top end, adjustments for more speed (mph) are listed next to appropriate ratios.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Renown Tuning is opened for business, again. All "WIP" projects will be delivered in 24-48 hours or less depending on the testing involved.
Audi RS4 - tinker (WIP)
:drool:

Congratulations! on the refurbished workshop.
Looking forward to the RS4-RT custom being ready for a stint.

What visual preferences are preferred by RT customs? does RT have an established signature style.

Will be out for the weekend with the family, no need to get the RS4 on the dyno until next week... ;)

:drool:

Congratulations! on the refurbished workshop.
Looking forward to the RS4-RT custom being ready for a stint.

What visual preferences are preferred by RT customs? does RT have an established signature style.

Will be out for the weekend with the family, no need to get the RS4 on the dyno until next week... ;)

Depends on the vehicle really. For the 135i that'll be up in the next few days I went for a simple tii conversion livery. For the RS a red and black "Flip" paint job was used, and for the CCX a simple silver metallic-esque "Candy" paint job was used. However, for the most part our signature color is black.

I'm working on a slight re-design of the store with a more in-depth follow through as to how testing takes place and how long/short said process takes depending on the vehicle being tuned, and quite a few other things that should improve the way the shop operates - first, we need to get all of the WIP projects done first and then I can worry about that. :lol:

Nissan GT-R, R34 - Stage III, All compatible upgrades (Works Conversion)

Driver's Note: This also contends as being an RT Track Special in addition to being a Custom.

Car Rating: 12.50

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.75
R. Tire Pressure - 32.75
Brake Balance - 57.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 3.00
F. Toe Angle - -0.20
R. Toe Angle - 0.00
F. Camber - -1.20
R. Camber - -1.00
F. Ride Height - 90.00
R. Ride Height - 85.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 399.73
R. Sway bar - 239.84
F. Spring Rate - 456.83
R. Spring Rate - 342.62
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,900.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,900.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 1,900.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1,900.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 5,200.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 5,300.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 3,200.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,200.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 15.00

Gearing

Final - 6.20
1st - 3.23
2nd - 2.21
3rd - 1.68
4th - 1.30
5th - 1.05
6th - 0.84

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 9.00
R. Downforce - 9.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 2.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Fastest lap recorded at London River is 1:21.870

One of the most stable tunes in stock right now, however, because acceleration and deceleration limited slip adjustments aren't available it isn't as fast and as absolutely stable as it can be, nonetheless it may very well be the most stable tune at the moment. The front tires can be a bit grip-demanding when turning tight corners and the likes thereof, again, due to the lack of proper limited slip adjustments RT advises that full throttle on tight corners is not advised, for the most part as the excessive demand will actually warrant understeer, although not excessive it is easily controllable. Brake control and distance is absolute, we would even go so far as to encourage late braking, giving you're familiar with the track. Top speed wasn't tested only track performance, however, given the proper conditions it may be good for 170mph+.

Last edited:
Awesome T-12!!! I'm gonna check it out now, I got one more request for right now, Murciélago Works tune =)

Checked out the R-34 tune.... It's amazing!!!! I just did Lacuna Seca in 1:35.6 with sloppy driving on a DS3 LOL. It reminds me of the Mine's R34:

We aim to please. 👍

Had a bit of a connection scare, but apparently it's working and I'm here again. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. :ill:

Honda S2000 - Stage 3 Works Converted

Driver's Note: It is advised that ASM be enabled to get the best
performance from this tune.

Car Rating: 9.99

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.33
R. Tire Pressure - 33.33
Brake Balance - 56.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - -0.80
R. Toe Angle - -.070
F. Camber - -1.00
R. Camber - -1.10
F. Ride Height - 85.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 228.41
F. Spring Rate - 256.97
R. Spring Rate - 256.97
F. Bump Stop Length - 10.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 7.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 2,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 2,800.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 3,900.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2,000.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 2,800.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 20.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 30.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00 (80.00 or 100.00 is also an option)

Gearing

Final - 6.04
1st - 3.23
2nd - 2.00
3rd - 1.65
4th - 1.24
5th - 1.13
6th - 0.83

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 9.00
R. Downforce - 9.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 2.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Fastest lap recorded at London River is 1:29.490.

Certain vehicles in particular tiers have always challenged the ability of RT, and the S2000 is no different. Extensive testing was done and the vehicle itself has varied between being uncontrollable, underpowered and even incapable of braking in a moderate distance. Most of these problems have been addressed, but none are eliminated for obvious reasons. The problems are very controllable given the proper throttle and steering management. It is advised that either TCS or ASM be enabled otherwise you will find yourself trying to correct oversteer and understeer situations far too often, too often to get a good enough time out of the capabilities the vehicle presents. Once the settings are expanded (if ever) we're more than positive the full potential can be brought out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back