Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I'm behind this week.

Two requests and I hadn't noticed them until now. I'll get right on it ASAP. 👍

@ Ivan - Why is the steering so high? Way too much play in the steering column there, buddy. Until your tune is in stock try tightening up the ratio so the car won't be so anxious to change directions.

Wow. I'm behind this week.

Two requests and I hadn't noticed them until now. I'll get right on it ASAP. 👍

@ Ivan - Why is the steering so high? Way too much play in the steering column there, buddy. Until your tune is in stock try tightening up the ratio so the car won't be so anxious to change directions.

I like my cars to have this snap, formula 1 feel to them, I guess I racked it up from not enough knowledge. :(

I only have the feeling that being a street legal car aimed for top speed only, it lacks in acceleration, grip, due to having no racing body or spoiler, and in steering "sharpness".

I just think about the things that the McLaren lacks in real life, as I said, I might be horribly wrong. :/

I like my cars to have this snap, formula 1 feel to them, I guess I racked it up from not enough knowledge. :(

I only have the feeling that being a street legal car aimed for top speed only, it lacks in acceleration, grip, due to having no racing body or spoiler, and in steering "sharpness".

I just think about the things that the McLaren lacks in real life, as I said, I might be horribly wrong. :/

And this is exactly why games need to model cars that have active aerodynamics correctly!

The McLaren F1 does have a spoiler, but it's in the fashion of an air-brake, remarkably similar to the McLaren SLR. In this case it's not about you being horribly wrong, or wrong period to be honest as it seems you didn't know about the air-brake. The Veyron also has an air-brake as does the 722...

Another bit of info if you didn't know, the McLaren's engine is cooled by gold.

And this is exactly why games need to model cars that have active aerodynamics correctly!

The McLaren F1 does have a spoiler, but it's in the fashion of an air-brake, remarkably similar to the McLaren SLR. In this case it's not about you being horribly wrong, or wrong period to be honest as it seems you didn't know about the air-brake. The Veyron also has an air-brake as does the 722...

Another bit of info if you didn't know, the McLaren's engine is cooled by gold.

And it's tool-kit is also gold plated.

I am not saying I don't know things about the McLaren, I am saying I don't know how to tune it in Need for Speed: Shift, and ask for an advanced tuning advice as the ones you have given for people before me. :)

And it's tool-kit is also gold plated.

I am not saying I don't know things about the McLaren, I am saying I don't know how to tune it in Need for Speed: Shift, and ask for an advanced tuning advice as the ones you have given for people before me. :)

I misunderstood your post, sorry. :crazy:

I thought you were talking about the actual F1, not the F1 in Shift. There's only so much speed and stability I can give it without it becoming erratic, which to be frank is ridiculous because it just shouldn't handle the way it does. Same goes for the CCX, if you care to compare the two; try the stock CCX around any track and you'll notice it isn't the best thing in the World to drive, it's scary as I've said many times before. I do like the sensation however as I'm actually scared to push any harder as I'll end up in a wall or the second row seats, compare that to the tune I've done - it's definitely easier but it's still scary...without anything to plant the rear wheels it'll be difficult to drive it hard.

I misunderstood your post, sorry. :crazy:

I thought you were talking about the actual F1, not the F1 in Shift. There's only so much speed and stability I can give it without it becoming erratic, which to be frank is ridiculous because it just shouldn't handle the way it does. Same goes for the CCX, if you care to compare the two; try the stock CCX around any track and you'll notice it isn't the best thing in the World to drive, it's scary as I've said many times before. I do like the sensation however as I'm actually scared to push any harder as I'll end up in a wall or the second row seats, compare that to the tune I've done - it's definitely easier but it's still scary...without anything to plant the rear wheels it'll be difficult to drive it hard.

That's the exact feeling I get too, a car which in real life has near-perfectly balanced chassis, as the F1, seems so unpredictable in Shift...

It's coming along well, much to my surprise.

Quickly at that.

It's pretty much better all around than it's stock trim.

Only thing left is I feel there's something off with either the tire pressure, or the caster angle.

McLaren F1

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 34.06
R. Tire Pressure - 33.33
Brake Balance - 58.00 (For some reason Shift refuses absolute values, so set it to 57.50)

Alignment

Steering Lock - 15.00 (16.00 is also an option)
Caster Angle - 3.50
F. Toe Angle - -0.30
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -1.90
R. Camber - -1.60
F. Ride Height - 85.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 342.62
R. Sway bar - 171.31
F. Spring Rate - 404.48
R. Spring Rate - 471.11
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,200.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,100.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,000.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 75.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 80.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 65.00

Gearing

Final - 5.67
1st - 3.23
2nd - 2.01
3rd - 1.55
4th - 1.24
5th - 1.05
6th - 1.00

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 8.00
R. Downforce - 9.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A (Both of which are unfortunate and much needed)

Fastest lap recorded at London River is: 1:19.760

This tune improves the performance potential of the F1 seemingly tenfold. The crucial problem with excessive oversteering was addressed first and foremost, now, oversteering is only a problem worth worrying of when pushing the rear wheels to their absolute limit in which you will lose control - just as it should have been to begin with. Braking is improved, but isn't as good as it should be. Turn in is also improved, it is recommended that tight corners be taken in first gear as the F1 has the best speed:steering ratio at this function, if any gear selection above first is taken be alert as the rear wheels might tip out a bit. Also be advised that rumble strips are to be avoided as much as possible when coming out of a sweeper or hairpin as there doesn't seem to be enough torque or grip present and the tires will simply cling to the strip and spin, unless the accelerator is depressed and the F1 is dry-steered.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Last edited:
Hey i know im new but if you get some time and feel like it, iv grown really fond of the Lotus Elise 111R Fully upgraded with the works conversion, but i dont know a thing about tuning. So if you would give it a shot its be greatly appreciated!

I'm new too, and I second this request (though I haven't thrown in for the works yet). I've tried and liked some of the other tunes you've done.

Cheers

Dodge Viper SRT-10 - Stage III Works Converted

Vehicle Note:
This will be listed under RT Customs and Track Special due to the duality of meeting both requirements.

Car Rating: 18.00

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.48
R. Tire Pressure - 32.90
Brake Balance - 60.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 16.00
Caster Angle - 3.50
F. Toe Angle - -0.30
R. Toe Angle - -0.30
F. Camber - -1.60
R. Camber - -1.40
F. Ride Height - 85.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 199.86
F. Spring Rate - 566.27
R. Spring Rate - 532.97
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 4,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 4,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,300.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,000.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 65.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 70.00
L. Slip Preload - 80.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 6.17
1st - 2.96
2nd - 2.13
3rd - 1.74
4th - 1.45
5th - 1.09
6th - 0.83

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 18.00
R. Downforce - 20.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 0.00 (Any value higher than this is recommended for getting additional speed out of the Viper)
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Fastest lap recorded at London River is: 1:17.096

This tune shares many of the same characteristics as the McLaren F1, oversteer was addressed first and foremost and as such both handle remarkably similar with the SRT-10 excelling in such criteria as braking, top end acceleration, and speed:steering ratio. However, be advised this tune was taken to heart with an understeer bias present but just as the F1 the rear wheels will step out if pushed to their absolute limit.

Last edited:
Can't wait to try out the viper, its undriveable at the moment and you've done a great job with other similar style cars. Can I put in a request for a work Audi TT, I want a good tier 1 car and I'm not keen on the S2k. Thanks for all your great work, keep it up 👍

Andy

ill be trying the viper now 👍

*edit* iv tryed everyone of your tunes so far, and the murcilago (sp ) was my favorite and is what i was using the viper is now my favorite its super fast and feels like im glued to the road

Last edited:
I'm working on the 111R as we speak, and it's pretty much already done.

Very little to do on my part.

EDIT: The TT will come soon after the 111R is posted.

Lotus Elise 111R- Stage III Works Converted

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.33
R. Tire Pressure - 33.33
Brake Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 17.00
Caster Angle - 3.50
F. Toe Angle - -0.30
R. Toe Angle - -0.40
F. Camber - -1.40
R. Camber - -1.10
F. Ride Height - 105.00
R. Ride Height - 105.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 239.84
R. Sway bar - 137.05
F. Spring Rate - 228.41
R. Spring Rate - 299.79
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,300.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,100.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,500.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,600.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 5,300.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2,300.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 3,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 60.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 3.11
2nd - 2.00
3rd - 1.49
4th - 1.17
5th - 0.89
6th - 0.76

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 13.00
R. Downforce - 14.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 3.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Fastest lap recorded at London River is: 1:17.776

The 111R is an entirely different tune from the previous McLaren F1 and SRT-10 Viper, the 111R is sharp and precise and as such requires constant monitoring of it's orientation as the slightest upset of any factor will severely hinder lap times and vehicle balance. As any Elise before it, it's weight plays it's own advantage in it's ridiculously quick accelerating factor, and given the right conditions a primary factor is confidence; do not be afraid to push the 111R hard, but, do watch for wheelspin and oversteer and monitor both closely as the 111R shows extreme ease when wanting to counteract either negativity. Acceleration is astoundingly quick and effective, turn in is very sharp and very controllable, if it's abilities aren't taken for granted. Top speed is a minor issue but as quick as the 111R can roam through corners it will hardly be of any notice.

im super excited to try it as soon as i finish this 5 race 5 lap each series :\

*edit* tryed it, seems amazing cant wait to drive it some more 👍
great tunes

Last edited:
Terronium... I gotta hand it to you. That Elise tune is just fantastic. :) 👍

I wish I could do that. Particularly for my e46 M3 Works car. It seems like the center of mass for that car is just too high.

Anyway, I'm much obliged for tunes you've put up here. Without them I'd have probably gotten too frustrated to keep playing until they come out with the next patch.
Thanks! :cheers:

Terronium... I gotta hand it to you. That Elise tune is just fantastic. :) 👍

I wish I could do that. Particularly for my e46 M3 Works car. It seems like the center of mass for that car is just too high.

Anyway, I'm much obliged for tunes you've put up here. Without them I'd have probably gotten too frustrated to keep playing until they come out with the next patch.
Thanks! :cheers:

I could improve on the M3 settings you posted earlier after I'm done with the TT Roadster. :D

I could improve on the M3 settings you posted earlier after I'm done with the TT Roadster. :D

That would be awesome. I drive a modified e46 M3 in real life (no not even close to 700hp), and it's a shame how numb and uncontrollable the car feels in the game.
Thanks!

Can't wait to try out the viper, its undriveable at the moment and you've done a great job with other similar style cars. Can I put in a request for a work Audi TT, I want a good tier 1 car and I'm not keen on the S2k. Thanks for all your great work, keep it up 👍

Andy

To be honest, after messing around with it as much as I have I can't recommend it on any level until the game is patched.

It can't spin out no matter how hard you try, unless you use the emergency brake; it's the only car in the whole game that I've come across that actually wants to go in one direction - straight.

You turn the left and it's magically torque-steering to the right, with surmountable force at that. Same goes for turning right. If you lose control and think you're about to spin any attempt at countersteer is outright pointless, the only thing it'll do is torque-steer in the opposite direction.

No. Let's stop calling it torque-steering because that's not what it is. It feels like whenever you're changing direction (ideally turning a corner), the direction you're steering into causes the wheel on the opposite end to appear as if it's accounting for grip of the other three wheels...it's going to pull in the direction it wants to go in. I'll be more than happy to do another tune if you have one in mind, but as that stands the TT Roadster shouldn't be one of them.

I tried the 111R out tonight too. Very nice. Thanks so much! There's something liberating about passing on the inside of one bend, and the outside of the other.

Fantastic thread Terronium-12, especially for those of us that cannot grasp the interelationship between the adjustment of components and the effects it has on an individual cars performance. I have to admit that i'm a noob when it comes to tweaking a car in games such as NFS Shift, but I love to play them all the same. I've tried most of your tunes and loved them all, but I'm with Steemin Stevie on the Murcielago as it's my favorite so far, although i'm yet to try the viper and lotus and can't wait :)

My request if you would be so kind sir is the - Ford Shelby GT500 (All Available upgrades and works Converted)

I do have a love for the shelby I must admit

trojan

Glad the 111R is performing well for you guys. :D

Manny, I'll have to get the M3 to you later on today, a lot seemed to have happened right after I said I'd work on it.

Fantastic thread Terronium-12, especially for those of us that cannot grasp the interelationship between the adjustment of components and the effects it has on an individual cars performance. I have to admit that i'm a noob when it comes to tweaking a car in games such as NFS Shift, but I love to play them all the same. I've tried most of your tunes and loved them all, but I'm with Steemin Stevie on the Murcielago as it's my favorite so far, although i'm yet to try the viper and lotus and can't wait :)

My request if you would be so kind sir is the - Ford Shelby GT500 (All Available upgrades and works Converted)

I do have a love for the shelby I must admit

trojan

I actually have my own personal tune for the GT500 and for some reason I never added it under the Exclusive column. :odd:

I'll run some checks and see if I did anything else to it, but it'll be up tomorrow as well as the other tune, and then RT is closed for the weekend. :D

I may have a request tomorrow. Currently working on an MX-5 Cup spec'd car and need some help with tuning. Got 6-seconds to shave off my Laguna Seca lap time to be where the real cars are. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back