Driving Challenges All golds *+gold member & 100% club*

• Thread starter Jay
  • 293 comments
yeah its the first right corner right? because ill cut in and if I do it to close its a dnf. im stuck at 12.015 or some crap

Yeah cut the first corner best you can, keep throttle pinned run wide for that last long bend (don't slide) then turn sharp and keep it flat all the way to the finish line without sliding, this stops you from following the long corner all the way sliding, gives you the straightest line possible for that corner. Hard to explain in words but drifting through the the corner wont get you gold (not easily anyway). I remember I had a paticular shifting sequence for that test but I have forgotten (I think I kept it in 3rd most the time).

I just got all 102 golds finally :sly: lol.. felt like forever to get them. I found both nurburgring challenges very easy and got all the golds on a couple of tries. The challenge that pissed me off the most was O-5.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 30
I just got all 102 golds finally :sly: lol.. felt like forever to get them. I found both nurburgring challenges very easy and got all the golds on a couple of tries. The challenge that pissed me off the most was O-5.

:boggled:

Innate talent, you have it.

Me, not so much.

i only have O left to get all gold, i know it is going to be a long grind

the grand valley overtaking challenge is a b*tch to get, it is fun though

and yea, d-pad driving ALL THE WAY !

Yesterday at night I achieved all licenses in gold. The three silver left, already passed. I do not have pic yet, but later I will try to upload one.

Regards,

i was wandering reading the posts before i got my psp go with gt \o/ and now that i'm halfway through the challenges i see that it's not that hard like previous games and i already have 54 golds :) and the d-pad is just perfect like it used to be Congrats to PD for that

YAY !! finally all gold !! Part O is not as hard as i thought it is, even O-6, it is hard just becuase of dumb AI (if you pass them and get on their racing line, they will just crash into you and make you fail, they are like cars on rails)

It took me some time, but finally I got all gold, now I can fully concentrate on getting the cars!

gv27102.jpg

Finally I got all golds last night. Phew! What a relief. Now I can start racing seriously without worrying I can't get all golds :lol:.

The hardest test for me was Ford Focus on the last section of Swiss Alps. Took me ages to figure out how to slide the car correctly and get a high exit speed. Even then, I believe I got gold only by luck.

The second hardest was Ford GT (funny how both of my hardest tests use Fords) at El Capitan. My main problem here is figuring out when to pin the throttle and getting the correct line. I finally nailed it...but only just! I did it in 23 seconds flat :lol:!

The most enjoyable tests were the two whole blocks of Nurburgring. Really helps me to learn the track. I reckon I got 90% of all corners memorized now, which will come in handy once GT5 rolls around.

Last edited:
respect! I am recording all my gold-runs and uploading them on youtube. I am now at Block N. Looks like it's gonna take a while until i reach block Q. :P

Congrats to everyone that has made all golds, I have created a list on the first post of those who have done it (and shown photo/video proof) in posted order. :cheers:

I will be checking in fairly regularly to add new members, also anyone can feel free to ask for tips or anything gold related if they wish. :)

Maybe you would like to add in people who have 100% complete? So all golds in driving challenges plus all tracks up to S class? I'm about 2/3 through doing that myself.

Maybe you would like to add in people who have 100% complete? So all golds in driving challenges plus all tracks up to S class? I'm about 2/3 through doing that myself.

So how does that work? I don't know anything about the AI driver level section as I hardly do single player races, what numbers are we looking for in that section (for completion)?

In the "view records" screen that you posted. Getting 100% would look the same as yours but instead of having 72 where D is, you would have 72 where S is. Just meaning you have unlocked every track to S difficulty.

In the "view records" screen that you posted. Getting 100% would look the same as yours but instead of having 72 where D is, you would have 72 where S is. Just meaning you have unlocked every track to S difficulty.

Thanks, 100% club list added

@kingleh, Welcome to the gold list :)

Are all the challenges so much easier to gold than the license tests in previous GT games?

I've spent about 3 hours on the game so far just running them, and I've already got almost to the end of H (would have finished off H last night if my battery hadn't died). There have only been a few I've needed to run more than 5 or 6 times, and quite a lot I golded on 1st or 2nd try... some I've beaten by 0.3+.

Do the challenges get harder as you move through the game?

Do the challenges get harder as you move through the game?

Not really, some of the later ones (especially the snow/ice and Nurb challenges) are really simple. I notice like most GT's Licenses you get the odd one that holds you up a bit longer but overall it doesn't get much if any harder.

After some problems taking the photo, here it is. All golds. Sorry if the pic is not totally clear. Now I am focusing to get cars and changing the tracks to S.

Regards to all.

Attachments

• DSC00600.jpg
    DSC00600.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 22
Perhaps we can also use this as a general help thread for those looking to join in on golds? Speaking of, I've just got to pass that damned Merc in O-6, about a half second slow. Finally nabbed my few remaining golds. So as per my suggestion:

J-1:
If you aren't already, this test really depends on using manual transmission. You'll want to stay in first gear through each hairpin; bouncing off the limiter will keep your speed up and the car near the inside and in control. Shift up to 2nd just before the exit of each; the torque would push you too far out if you do it early, wasting time. On the last corner, stay in 2nd, don't brake below 40mph, and give the car a little flick to be facing the finish line as early as you can. As soon as you're through the apex, shift up to 3rd; the torque in this gear will surge you towards the line a lot faster.

I had a fairly crap run with that approach and still came in a decent amount under the time. For some reason a few of the rally tests gave me a headache, but this made it a lot easier. Really wish we still had ghosts for licenses though.

Off to finish my 106th!

The best part about GTPSP is I am not missing out on any prize cars for not doing the rally/ice races. No reason to even go near those tracks. Yay!

...and that's a wrap. Passed the CLK just before the uphill section, so took it pretty easy afterwards to make sure I didn't have an off and fail.

Will have a picture tomorrow!

Back