Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very easy to drive and correcting understeer/oversteer was a breeze.

That's just about what it was made to do, and the tendency to slight understeer is also in line with hunting the absolute ease of driving seeing that it has to be driven for up to eight hours without meeting the wall. I could have made it quite a lot faster but I tried to avoid murdering the Supra it partnered as well as overkilling the races it was meant to participate in. Your Amuse is far more tail happy from the beginning and more suitable as a car for having fun, mine is the reliable workhorse that will deliver the victory without any extra drama. Thanks for the review!

MFT X-Fire RC

I drove this thing and I was astonished about how well it drives. Even with no driving aids It performs like a dream. I tested it on the Seattle Circuit (The perfect place to test an American sports car). It took the corners and the jumps well. It had good speeds on the straightaways and it had very little tire spin when starting from a standstill. It would maybe spin a bit in first gear but once in second it just took off! A must-have for the Chrysler Crossfire Trophy race. In track meet mode it was being set up against some of the higher powered cars! On a rating of 1 to 10 I'd give it an 8.

RUF R-GT

This car was exceptionally good on the straightaways but cornering was not as good as some other cars around it's same class. On El Capitan I had some difficulty right after the tunnel, it would tend to lose control of the back and spin out due to the mountanous nature of the road. Cornering speed were also pretty low (I'm guessing due to it being rear engined). That is partially made up for with the fast acceleration and relatively high speed on the straights. But as with it being a rear engined car you really don't want to get caught braking during a turn. It would end up spinning out, and if it does end up
spinning out in any circumstance it will spin out rather violently. I'd give it a 6 or 7 on 10.

Mine's GT-R Concept

This car accelerates and handles rather well due to it having four wheel drive but it's plagued by slow braking and lower cornering speeds as it has a slight tendancy to understeer. It is rather fast in the long run though and seemed to perform rather well on Infineon Sports. It goes rather well and doesn't seem to spin out easily so it would perform well on the El Capitan circuit (see my RUF R-GT review) where rear wheel drive cars would have trouble one the very mountanous circuit. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 because even with it's faults, it's bonuses outweigh those faults.

My Review of "The Blackbird".
==========
Well, after a long break i decided to get back into GT4 and compete in Season 7 of the Super GT Championchip (Shameless Plug!). With some free time on my hands, i also took a look at MFT's older catalogue of cars to test and one happend to catch my eye: The RUF BTR '86, also known as "The Blackbird".

I was intruiged by such a unusual car choice (this being one of the only RUF's i've ever seen fully tuned on all of GTPlanet) as well as claims of it being a "wild axe murderer" in it's driving habits...And also for the fact that no one had written a true review of it! Being the thrill-seeker that i am, i went to Grand Valley Speedway to check this beast out for myself.

With a big wing, jet-black body and wheels to match this car oozes a pure, calculated menace that few others could match. Combined with 700 Bhp on tap, i thought i was in some tire-shredding action off the line, but i was shocked at how the "Blackbird" just shot away with nairy a screeching tire...Though that may be because of the unearthly howl of the engine drowning it out...:sly: No bones about it: In a straight line this be-winged thing FLIES, topping out at 190 MPH on the Main Straight (No real surprise there considering it's based off of a car from Wangan Midnight!).

Get this 'Bird to GO is no problem, but getting it to STOP in time is another matter entirely. The brakes are alright and are fairly responsive, actually, but the rearward brake-bias makes for a car that can swap ends on you easily if you're not careful enough to trail-brake when entering corners at high-speeds. Another, much more prevelant problem is the incredible amount of Lift-Off-Power over-steer at high speeds; I made the mistake of letting off the gass going into Turn #1 and BAM! The 'Bird does a Complete 360 into the gravel-trap! :dunce::ouch::irked:

Not one to simply pack it in so early, i try it again. Getting up to 189 Mph down the front stretch i try a different line that's more in the center of the track...Where i hit a small imperfection i the road that (Again!) sends me off into the gravel.:confused::boggled::odd: Hmm...

One possible answer to this problem could be the stiff springs and the settings on LSD; With the amount of body roll i was experiencing at high speeds (Due to weak Anti-Roll Bars), coupled with a strong initial setting and the amount of Deceleration in the LSD, it looks like i'll have to re-set my driving style for this car (As trying to change either setting only opens up more problems)...Another issue is that i personally like to brake-whilst-turning into the apex of the corner while the Blackbird DEMANDS that you brake in a straight line for most of the time.

After a few more cautious laps "Re-Setting" my braking points i decided to "Go For Gold" and was determined to set a reasonably fast lap. Going into Turn #1 again my breathing was clipped as i nervously trail-braked to stabilze the car. After jumping about half a car-width to the left (A VERY common occurence) under breaking i turned in a danced my way through the apex of Turn #2. "Dance" being a very apropriate term as the 'Bird has a heavy tendency to drift at moderate speeds mid-way through most double-apex corners (As a by-product of it's short wheelbase). If you aren't well-versed in the art of counter-steering, then you won't be able to drive this car at it's highest limits.

Aside from that, the biggest problems with this car are the long braking distances, the knife-edge handling and the lift-off-oversteer...Although that last "Problem" actually helped me set my fastest time; By letting of the gas ever-so-slightly i was able to get the rear-end to come around enough to give the Blackbird more grip going through turns #3, #4 & #5 than it normally would, also not having to use the brakes (Which would upset the car). So, after hanging on by the skin of my teeth i managed to set a 1'42.759...Faster than in MFT's private testing!!!:crazy::eek::D

So, then, what's left to say? It's yet another car that rewards smart driving, bravery and a fine technical knowledge to get the most out of it...Yet the allure of driving something like "The Blackbird" and setting a fast time is it's own reward.

Pro's:
+ Impressive aceleration.
+ One of the only Hardcore RUF Tunes on GTPLanet. (Originality Factor.)
+ It's engine note will haunt you're dreams. (Could be a minus though!).
+ One of the most manly drift cars around! (Even if it wasn't intentional.)
+ No wheelspin from 2nd gear onwards.
+ Very rewarding to drive once trully mastered.

Con's:
- LIFT. OFF. OVERSTEER.
- Brakes are a little soft and can actually upset the car on corner entry if the driver isn't careful.
- Stiff springs can cause the car to hop over bumps, further upseting the car on corner entry.
- Wheelspin CAN occur if the turbo gauge hits full bar during a corner.
- It will take many, many moons for somone to master driving this car.

Total Score: 8/10
============
Next Review: Spyker RC8

MFT X-Fire RC

I drove this thing and I was astonished about how well it drives. Even with no driving aids It performs like a dream. I tested it on the Seattle Circuit (The perfect place to test an American sports car). It took the corners and the jumps well. It had good speeds on the straightaways and it had very little tire spin when starting from a standstill. It would maybe spin a bit in first gear but once in second it just took off! A must-have for the Chrysler Crossfire Trophy race. In track meet mode it was being set up against some of the higher powered cars! On a rating of 1 to 10 I'd give it an 8.

Not that's more like it! :D It can be easily driven without driving aitds. it has enormous amount of traction as you noticed, and if you want more of the same but with more power, try the 486 SC from our lineup. despite low-ish power figure, it will give supercars a hard time just with the handling.. and torque. :mischievous:

Mine's GT-R Concept

This car accelerates and handles rather well due to it having four wheel drive but it's plagued by slow braking and lower cornering speeds as it has a slight tendancy to understeer. It is rather fast in the long run though and seemed to perform rather well on Infineon Sports. It goes rather well and doesn't seem to spin out easily so it would perform well on the El Capitan circuit (see my RUF R-GT review) where rear wheel drive cars would have trouble one the very mountanous circuit. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 because even with it's faults, it's bonuses outweigh those faults.

If you look at the tyres, you will find the reason to the long braking distance and understeer issues. I'm actually considering redoing this and some other cars. Nowadays I watch these tunes I did back then and go ":odd: what the heck was I thinking.."

My Review of "The Blackbird".

Pro's:
+ Impressive aceleration.
+ One of the only Hardcore RUF Tunes on GTPLanet. (Originality Factor.)
+ It's engine note will haunt you're dreams. (Could be a minus though!).
+ One of the most manly drift cars around! (Even if it wasn't intentional.)
+ No wheelspin from 2nd gear onwards.
+ Very rewarding to drive once trully mastered.

Con's:
- LIFT. OFF. OVERSTEER.
- Brakes are a little soft and can actually upset the car on corner entry if the driver isn't careful.
- Stiff springs can cause the car to hop over bumps, further upseting the car on corner entry.
- Wheelspin CAN occur if the turbo gauge hits full bar during a corner.
- It will take many, many moons for somone to master driving this car.

Total Score: 8/10
============
Next Review: Spyker RC8

Now THAT's a proper review.! :D I have to congratulate you for not giving up as she tried her best to break your neck. IMHO, this car is pretty good representation of the original 911 turbo, which had so many.. umm.. peculiar handling traits that it got a nickname "widowmaker". I've tried to redo this car with racing transmission etc, which would probably cut the time even more (good job at defeating Greycap's time btw, that's an achievement that only few can reach), when properly done. I would probably redo the suspension too, now that I have deeper understanding of it.. not to mention the brakes. At the time, I had a habit of sending the car sideways into corner with heavily rear biased brakes (worked bit too well with this car tho :D). But, thy bidding is my law. Ask and I'll tune.

RUF R-GT

This car was exceptionally good on the straightaways but cornering was not as good as some other cars around it's same class.

This makes me go a bit :odd: as checking the lap times reveals that of those cars that have roughly the same power as the R-GT, are running on sports tyres and are not equipped with a wing there isn't a single one that performs better. And GVS is quite heavily a handling course. Behind it there are several of higher powered machines and even cars running on race slicks and boasting downforce. It's admittedly a car that feels far slower than it is but the clock says otherwise...

good job at defeating Greycap's time btw, that's an achievement that only few can reach

I wouldn't call it much of a trick to beat those "early phase" times of mine. Something tells the fact that my original time for the Charger Super Bee was 1'47,761 and when I took it for another run in July 2008 the clock stopped at 1'45,987... almost two seconds faster with the very same car and one more year of experience. I have another year under my belt now. Probably time to begin hacking seconds off...

Last edited:
Now THAT's a proper review.! :D I have to congratulate you for not giving up as she tried her best to break your neck. IMHO, this car is pretty good representation of the original 911 turbo, which had so many.. umm.. peculiar handling traits that it got a nickname "widowmaker". I've tried to redo this car with racing transmission etc, which would probably cut the time even more (good job at defeating Greycap's time btw, that's an achievement that only few can reach), when properly done. I would probably redo the suspension too, now that I have deeper understanding of it.. not to mention the brakes. At the time, I had a habit of sending the car sideways into corner with heavily rear biased brakes (worked bit too well with this car tho :D). But, thy bidding is my law. Ask and I'll tune.

Aw...Thanks! I'm not one to give up so easily when it comes to taming such wild cars (After all, it's just a game...You don't like a car? Getting frustrated? Then just turn it off and do something else!:sly:). The Blackbird is just one of those kind of cars that you use as a guage for how far you're driving skills have come along.

I wouldn't call it much of a trick to beat those "early phase" times of mine. Something tells the fact that my original time for the Charger Super Bee was 1'47,761 and when I took it for another run in July 2008 the clock stopped at 1'45,987... almost two seconds faster with the very same car and one more year of experience. I have another year under my belt now. Probably time to begin hacking seconds off...

I would'nt mind seeing you making a few "Revisited" reviews of you're older set-ups...

Anyways, i've been debating weither i should request a car from you guys...Eh, i'll do the review of the Spyker soon and then i'll probably PM you at some point.

I would'nt mind seeing you making a few "Revisited" reviews of you're older set-ups...

That's a bit of a confusing sentence as I understand it in such a way that we should review our own tunes. :confused: Or maybe you mean revisiting and re-tuning old cars?

The odd thing is that we've had some plans of doing such a thing... with the tuner changed, ie. "fix the mate's mistakes" or something. At one point it was "fooling death - beating the Grim Reaper" as there are a few cars in Leonidae's line-up that could cause a great deal of trouble to the mysterious R34 when tuned by me for my own driving style.

But for a start I'll just take the old tunes back to GVS and see how big the difference between now and then really is. I'm expecting something between a second and two.

That's a bit of a confusing sentence as I understand it in such a way that we should review our own tunes. :confused: Or maybe you mean revisiting and re-tuning old cars?

The odd thing is that we've had some plans of doing such a thing... with the tuner changed, ie. "fix the mate's mistakes" or something. At one point it was "fooling death - beating the Grim Reaper" as there are a few cars in Leonidae's line-up that could cause a great deal of trouble to the mysterious R34 when tuned by me for my own driving style.

But for a start I'll just take the old tunes back to GVS and see how big the difference between now and then really is. I'm expecting something between a second and two.

Yeah, i meant that it would be interesting to take an older set-up and see if you could get it to perform better now that you have a better understanding of how GT4's Vehicle Dynamics work and stuff. Sorry i was so confusing!

you call it vehicle dynamics, we call it "headache". :lol: Well, if nothing else, it will help us to pass time until GT5 arrives.. whenever that is. :nervous:

OK, took the Blackbird for a spin - quite literally at that - and my prediction was about as good as can be. The time now stands at 1'41,584 meaning an improvement of a bit more than a second and a half. The replay of that lap wasn't saved but that of a 1'41,887 run was if anyone is particularly interested.

Well friends, (Seeing as there's about three of you I speak with frequently on the boards) I have a few reviews and more to come. I've actually made Rene my go-to guy when it comes to tuning cars fairly in private efforts and the end-result is always excellent. I figured it would be only fair to share my feelings on a few In-House cars here. 👍

Weapons of Choice:
Plymouth Cuda
Plymouth Superbird
BMW M Coupe

-and, later on-
Seat Ibiza
Audi Quattro '82

First off, I drive a certain way and I am aware there are cars that are not tuned to behave in that manner. I can respect that, but I still call out faults because of this. Don't see it as me being harsh, I beg of you. I'm sometimes a tought customer to please. ;) Moving on: All tests occurred under controlled situations and supervision at El Capitan Raceway.

BMW M Coupe: There's a lot wrong with the stock version. It's heavy. It's expensive. It plows through corners like water buffalo. So, seeing as MFT decided to lighten it considerably, I had dawning hope. The idea of installing a roll-cage gave some pause, however. I'm concerned that maybe the car would be a little too stiff for proper weight transfer. All of these thoughts occurred pre-test.

Post Test: Well, it's an interesting drive. A car that tells you how to drive it. This I don't entirely mind, and I found myself slowly adapting what I first saw as short-comings. What I underline as any issues: There's somewhat prevalent understeer. I expected this, and it's much better than stock, I will not lie. It likes late braking, which is win-win, but it lacks the foreward bite ncessary to really make the most of this trait. The tranny is phenominal and matches the power well. It also demonstrates good stability for cornering/switchback transitions. Would I use it in an endurance race? Not sure. I think it may chew the fronts a little more than I'd truly like. Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10. 👍

Plymouth Cuda:
Pre-test: To be fair, I do not plan to undermine MFT in any way, shape, or form. I want no bad blood to be felt if I compared it to a tuning of my own. Muscle Cars/and/or/American-style Cars are my realm for tuning; my specialty, if you will. Alternately, MFT issues tunings for a wide band of vehicles, and from what I gather, it's well-recieved. As I looked over the settings, I especially noticed the ride height and the spring-rate combo and felt it was a little off for said car, but for the sake of trying, I didn't alter anything. The camber angle also had me do a mild double-take. The brake controller settings pointed out that it will heartily trail brake (or I hope). All in all, I'm curious how this will go.

Post Test: The car ran a 1'43.6xx as a best and consistent mid-40's in the test. However, my fears were justified: It rode way too tall for consistant switchback corners that El Cap is known for. Oddly enough, though, it was very stable under braking, a major plus. Unfortunately however the stability traded off for more understeer before apexing.. I'm giving this one a 6 out of 10. Alongside my tune (which used the same parts, save for a wing and 1.5 way LSD) I ran a full 7 seconds faster and consistantly around 1'37's. PM me for details or if you want to take a crack at mine.

Finally:

Plymouth Superbird
Pre-test: After the Cuda (which I don't feel was a disaster, just not what I look for, understand) I was a little worrisome of the Big Bad Bird. This one also sported the high ride height, but softer spring setup. The rear suspention setup gave me hope, showing careful thought as a track car with the camber and toe angles. The brakes also showed a rather strong setup for possible track-duty. Not too bad. 👍

Post Test: At first I was wondering what was going on here. Both of our cars felt like crap. Then I noticed that a chassis refresh was due. Take II. Once again, the stability is very strong, stronger than mine even, which is good. I need to revise my 'bird, I see. It understeers horridly under braking, but upon release tracks through the corner well exhibiting excellent accelleration (I'll take a six-speed, thanks). It also did very well on corner transitions without talking back. It's responsive without being a wise-ass. All in all? I'd say of the three tested this is the most put-together, running within a second of mine (Both put up respectable 1'38's). I'm saying it's easily an 8 out of 10.

Cheers,
Jetboy

Lotus Omega GSi'90
The car is interesting in it's stock form, but this is something else. It spins it's wheels in 1st and second but after that it's fast in any track that I've driven it. It goes through corners very nicely and there's no problem in handling. It's great. I've beaten Corvettes, Vipers and so on with it. But, I've got a new purpose for it. Drifting. It slides when you want it to slide and does it with style.
+ Speed
+ Handling
+ Acceleration

- There's an issue with wheelspin sometimes but it may be that I drive with a controller

9.9/10

Seat Ibiza:
Clearly this car was very well thought out for handling prowess. It attacks corners extremely well, showing poise and stability (I see a theme starting here..) The only way this car would be even more killer would be to squeeze a little more power and some taller gearing out of her. Otherwise, perfect. 👍👍 9.5/10
IMG0006.jpg

Audi Quattro '82:
Initial reaction: This turbo-turd can turn. Call the governor, call the U.N., somebody figured out how to manufacture a miracle and give it to the public. God touched this car, I swear. The transformation.. I seriously think there's a new car with an Audi skin on top of it. Phenominal. 11/10 on the transformation. I can actually use this thing now! :lol:
IMG0009.jpg

Cheers,
Jetboy

Last edited:
Jetboy. - Cuda - I admit, that car is tricky. Tricky enough to have been described as having a mid-engined feel to it. But I still think I might be able to drive it around El Capitan in around 1'35, possibly less, so it's probably a driving style thing... it's a car that has to be pushed very hard to reach the "operating area" of the setup. Turning is best done either hard on the brakes or hard on the throttle. I'll conduct a few tests and get back to you. 👍

Jetboy. - Superbird - Err, you know, this was the Plymouth that was supposed to be understeery? :lol: Stable indeed, the sheer length does its job in preventing any skittish movements. It's one of the better tunes in my collection seeing how it performs compared to its reputation. But one more thing. How on earth did you manage to stop the clock at 1'38, it has sports tyres on?

Jetboy. - Ibiza - If you liked this one you'll probably like a lot of my other FWD setups too as you managed to pick the first, the slowest and very likely the worst one. About increasing power, I'm not sure if it would be a wise thing to do as more power usually means more understeer and it's not overly nimble as it is. Better keep it as such and go for, say, the Mugen Integra when in need of a fast and stable FWD.

Jetboy. - Quattro - How about calling Ghost Busters too? Nah, a bit late, I managed to drive the haint off for good. What used to be one of the most hopeless cars when it comes to reputation (there indeed seems to be a theme here) is one of the most compliant performers on our line up. Perhaps my best tune ever when it comes to turning sand into solid gold.

All in all, thanks for a massive wall of reviews, you've claimed some of your prizes already... hope to see more!

I've been lurking on this web site for months now and never felt the need to get into the discussions. I tried the tune for "Young Thunder" and wanted to tell you just how much I enjoyed driving this car.👍

I drove it at the Midfield track and posted a best of l.16.xxx, I know that isn't so fast for you but for me it is pretty good. The car is stable at most any speed and with its light weight you can outwait almost anyone before braking. The only time it becomes unstable is when you touch one of the curbs. They are not your friend. I ran it in the Family Cup race and won handily at 10 difficulty. That is a first for me also. I really love this tune. Thank You :):)

BMW M Coupe: There's a lot wrong with the stock version. It's heavy. It's expensive. It plows through corners like water buffalo. So, seeing as MFT decided to lighten it considerably, I had dawning hope. The idea of installing a roll-cage gave some pause, however. I'm concerned that maybe the car would be a little too stiff for proper weight transfer. All of these thoughts occurred pre-test.

Post Test: Well, it's an interesting drive. A car that tells you how to drive it. This I don't entirely mind, and I found myself slowly adapting what I first saw as short-comings. What I underline as any issues: There's somewhat prevalent understeer. I expected this, and it's much better than stock, I will not lie. It likes late braking, which is win-win, but it lacks the foreward bite ncessary to really make the most of this trait. The tranny is phenominal and matches the power well. It also demonstrates good stability for cornering/switchback transitions. Would I use it in an endurance race? Not sure. I think it may chew the fronts a little more than I'd truly like. Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10. 👍

Cheers,
Jetboy

Thanks for the review. The M Coupe really loves it's understeery traits as you noticed. I wasn't perfectly satisfied with it myself, but I did my best to bring it closer to desirable handling.

Lotus Omega GSi'90
The car is interesting in it's stock form, but this is something else. It spins it's wheels in 1st and second but after that it's fast in any track that I've driven it. It goes through corners very nicely and there's no problem in handling. It's great. I've beaten Corvettes, Vipers and so on with it. But, I've got a new purpose for it. Drifting. It slides when you want it to slide and does it with style.
+ Speed
+ Handling
+ Acceleration

- There's an issue with wheelspin sometimes but it may be that I drive with a controller

9.9/10

I'm glad that you liked it! The wheelspin issue might or might not be because of the controller, but the power. This car delivers power and torque pretty down low, like true euro muscle should.

I've been lurking on this web site for months now and never felt the need to get into the discussions. I tried the tune for "Young Thunder" and wanted to tell you just how much I enjoyed driving this car.👍

I drove it at the Midfield track and posted a best of l.16.xxx, I know that isn't so fast for you but for me it is pretty good. The car is stable at most any speed and with its light weight you can outwait almost anyone before braking. The only time it becomes unstable is when you touch one of the curbs. They are not your friend. I ran it in the Family Cup race and won handily at 10 difficulty. That is a first for me also. I really love this tune. Thank You :):)

You're welcome! I warmly recommend writing more often since you're pretty good at it, and we're always eager to get some feedback from our tunes.

Impreza VI Coupe R 'Frost'

I need a girl puller. I need a car that will get me something. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I thought that the Mitsubishi Evo VI Raiden by MFT would be the best ever, I didn't think that something like it could get any better. But then it did...from the most unlikely quarters.

For my mission, I wanted to try something that wasn't a Mitsubishi. I tried a Jag but they seemed to be too comfy. Likewise the Merc CLK 55 AMG I looked at. The Corvette's were a bit too over the top for me, and I didn't really want anything lightweight. I wanted something 4WD though. At the end of it all, I ended up buying a - SHOCK HORROR - Subaru. :nervous:

I went for an Impreza Coupe R in blue (it doesn't compute with the actual name, but it's still the same tune) then noticed that you did tunes for these things.

So when the tuning was done, I took it for a test around Seattle.

And my first thought was, "Corblimey...this is actually quite good."

Eventually, I (ACCIDENTALLY!!!) started to like this tuned Impreza. I didn't even wish I'd gone for a 22B (though you almost never see them around anyway...). Then, because of the amount of HP, I did the unthinkable.

Entered the Supercar Festival.

I went to Infineon, as it seemed to be my best bet for a win. I waited till I got the lineup I wanted, and I won. It was for 95 A-Spec points. And the opponents were, unbelievably, the McMerc, the GT, the W12, the Cien and the ZZII. I beat all of them. Around Infineon. That's just how good those brakes are. I just outbraked the lot.

But would I take this incredible (cough) Subaru over the Raiden Evo VI? Umm...no. Why? I'll tell you.

It's still a Subaru.

C-ZETA

Last edited:
whay you dont make drift settings to?

make one drift settings for me? pleas

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a car tuned, you've to review one of their cars.

Additionally, the first post says: "Drifters possible but not recommended.", so one of the tuners decides whether he's going to tune a drift car for you or not.

And to make my third point, please use the EDIT-Button to edit your post. Double-posts are not welcome here at :gtplanet:. You can find it in the bottom right corner of your post.

Closest thing to drift settings that we have would be the MX-5/Miata that you can find from the links in the firsts posts of this thread. Also, take a loot at the Mad Files, and try out the Mitsubishi i, not to mention Fiat 500R.. We don't make specific drift settings, since we concentrate on squeezing the best possible laptime out from each car. and we might try making you a setup if you make an in-depth review of one setup that can be found from the first pages links.

edit: Treed by Nenad. I guess I'm getting older..

Leo's M5 is a powerful, well balanced car. The rear end likes to lose grip, so it's a good drift car, too. The car itself is easily controllable and has very direct handling. Additionally, if you start to drift it, you'll just have to countersteer. At some corners you've to use some throttle-control in order to be successful with the drift, but other than that you can floor it as much as you want: You'll still be able to drift it. At the other hand, this car can be very stable through any corner, it just depends whether you want to drift it or not. As an example: If you brake for the first corner at Nürburgring, you'll have to brake in a straight line and then steer. If you try to trail-brake, you'll find yourself drifting sooner than you ever thought. Huh... Why not write more and make a review out of this? - Let's go. The car is very powerful, that's the reason why there's wheelspin in first gear. The wheelspin will be easily gone with some throtte-control. The M5 delivers enough torque to come out of corners very fast, so that the first gear is not even needed here. The brakes are very good, giving the opportunity to trail-brake and thus drift. As said above, the car is very stable (especially at high speeds) and has some precise handling characters. 👍 All in all, I can say that this car is a true masterpiece, although I'd have wished Leo would have tuned this car fully and put some R3 tyres on it.

10/10

(I only wanted to propose a car, but ended in a review :lol:)

whay you dont make drift settings to?

make one drift settings for me? pleas

Please, in the future, use the Edit button to modify a post instead of posting immediately after it.

Also, please take care to use proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar. It doesn't take much effort at all, and it really increases the quality of our forums. A little proofreading goes a long way.

Thanks.

ABT Pikes Peak Quattro '03

776 bhp, 908 Nm, 1615 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Turbo Kit Stage 4
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.0 / 9.5
Ride Height: 180 / 190
Bound: 4 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 10
Camber: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 3 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 3

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.289
2nd: 2.190
3rd: 1.657
4th: 1.315
5th: 1.090
6th: 0.911
Final Gear: 3.350

Autoset 20

LSD
Initial: 5 / 10
Acceleration: 10 / 20
Deceleration: 10 / 5

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Known today as the Audi Q7, the Pikes Peak Quattro was unveiled in 2003 as a striking looking concept. Aggressive led lights all round, quad exhaust giving the impression of power - not a false impression, I have to say - and size to dwarf most of the others on the roads.

As with the R8 concept alias Le Mans Quattro the tuning firm ABT began planning taking it to a level seldom seen in SUV's, turning the acronym into Serious Utility Vehicle, at least judging by the performance. The suspension is lowered almost to the maximum (but it still feels like it's going to roll over any minute), stiffened and tweaked to get rid of most of the understeer. The weight on the word "most"... nothing is going to save the day when the grunt hits the front wheels in a corner. So modulate the throttle. On the brakes it exhibits a frightening sounding habit of oversteering but don't be scared, it's another tool of getting around the track quickly as long as it's the driver who controls the car instead of the other way round. The only thing it really likes to kill is the opposition and 776 horses should be able to get the job done. Up to the challenge?

Good to see some more fully tuned tyre-destroying (I know from experience with tuning this car) monsters. I can't await to see Leo's car, really.

Well, I decided to finally give one of these cars a go.

...and the car I recently picked out was the 300Croozin' '05

So I looked at it, installed the parts, found a cheap set of classy rims and took it to my test track, Laguna Seca.
The power from this car felt brilliant. As soon as my foot hit the gas, I was thrown back into my seat. This car had GUTS.

I don't know who Mr. X is or may be. I don't know his interests, his job, his shoe size or whether or not he lives in a ridiculously huge mansion complete with 3 swimming pools, a fountain, and a tiger petting zoo...

All I know, is that he must like drifting, because my first corner started like this...

...and ended disastrously like this...

Well I dusted the car and myself off, changed my shorts, and got back onto the track.

This car unfortunately has extremely weak brakes for a car this powerful and this heavy. It certainly showed from constant dives into the sand pits. It may cost some stability (granted you don't have much to start with), but I would recommend strengthening the brakes. I would also raise the front rebound and set the camber and toe settings back to defaults.

Anyway, after about 3 pairs of shorts, I ventured on to the infamous corkscrew. I was sure that this was it, this was the end of me...

I pull up to the top, and prepared for the final judgment...

...But the final judgment didn't happen...

This dadgum car flowed through the corkscrew like water through a stream. It made that intimidating chicane with the gracefulness of ballerina.

After almost fainting, I went finished my run, by making yet another dive into the sand and staggering to the finish.

Bottom line, this car has tremendous power, and is meant for a true professional driver, I don't necessarily fall into that category. You need to have mastery of control driving this car, which will more than happily bust you up, if it believes you aren't worthy of a car of this magnitude.

Have you fellers done the Lancia Delta Integrale '91 before? If not, can I request one on sports tyres with no non-removable mods (eg Port Polish, Engine Balance, weight reduction) to use as an A-Speccer? Also, there's no rush at all so take weeks or even months if you need to. (I wonder what the companion car to this would be).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back