Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have my own personal tune for the GT500 and for some reason I never added it under the Exclusive column. :odd:

I'll run some checks and see if I did anything else to it, but it'll be up tomorrow as well as the other tune, and then RT is closed for the weekend. :D
Thank you kind sir and have a great weekend 👍

hey terronium
could you make me a track special type evo 9 stage 3 w/o body kit?
i tested out one of your R35 setups and it's insane.
i'm not going to bother you much, just asking for you to do the evo 9 because it's going to be the car that i will use the bulk of my time online.

thanks in advance

i'm not in a rush so i'm cool with whenever.

Hmm, i think i may have a good challenge for your epic tuning skillz, Terronium. I adore the Ford GT, but i am aghast at what SL Studios has done do it...it has some of the worst bouncing physics in the game...so, I require your assistance. I don't like to beg, but.....PLEASE HELP AND MAKE A FORD GT SETUP PLEAAASE!!!! D= the Ford GT in this game is absolutely horrible!

Hmm, i think i may have a good challenge for your epic tuning skillz, Terronium. I adore the Ford GT, but i am aghast at what SL Studios has done do it...it has some of the worst bouncing physics in the game...so, I require your assistance. I don't like to beg, but.....PLEASE HELP AND MAKE A FORD GT SETUP PLEAAASE!!!! D= the Ford GT in this game is absolutely horrible!

Exactly what I was about to ask for! I love the Ford GT, also a works Z06 would be nice, when you have the time!! Thanks for trying on the Audi TT, I'm glad its not just me that thinks it's horrible! As far as tier 1 cars go, I see your working on a 135i so I'll wait to give that a go 👍

Andy

I should be able to handle all of this today, a day when RT is closed.

That's how much I love you guyz. :lol:

That's how much I love you guyz. :lol:
Thanks RT.

I was at my friends place the other day, where we had planned to race some of the various RT tunes, including ofcourse the RS4-RT. Unfortunately that never happened...

When we started up his game, somehow the gamesave was totally lost, not a pixel in sight of his former career standings, so we ended up grinding for points, tiers and money.

All-in-all we had great fun while doing so. Starting up a fresh carreer with some knowledge of the various tracks. We took the fresh career up to level 15 with tier 1-4 unlocked. It was'nt all just careerbuilding, we threw in some best time challenges in QuickRace mode, with typically only a couple of tenths-of-a-second in difference between us.

At the end of our stint we had quite enough to purchase and do what we had planned. Somehow we didn't really like the basic character of the RS4, our former mutual favourite? We ditched the RS4 and never got to try out the difference to a stock RS4 in comparison to the RT tune.

We plan to have a night of RT tuned racing soon 👍

P.S.
We started out our mid-week race by going to the a go-cart track and having a couple of quite close races, great fun. Usually he's consistantly a bit faster than me in GT5P and now Shift. Turns out, apparently I'm faster IRL...

Thanks RT.

I was at my friends place the other day, where we had planned to race some of the various RT tunes, including ofcourse the RS4-RT. Unfortunately that never happened...

When we started up his game, somehow the gamesave was totally lost, not a pixel in sight of his former career standings, so we ended up grinding for points, tiers and money.

All-in-all we had great fun while doing so. Starting up a fresh carreer with some knowledge of the various tracks. We took the fresh career up to level 15 with tier 1-4 unlocked. It was'nt all just careerbuilding, we threw in some best time challenges in QuickRace mode, with typically only a couple of tenths-of-a-second in difference between us.

At the end of our stint we had quite enough to purchase and do what we had planned. Somehow we didn't really like the basic character of the RS4, our former mutual favourite? We ditched the RS4 and never got to try out the difference to a stock RS4 in comparison to the RT tune.

We plan to have a night of RT tuned racing soon 👍

P.S.
We started out our mid-week race by going to the a go-cart track and having a couple of quite close races, great fun. Usually he's consistantly a bit faster than me in GT5P and now Shift. Turns out, apparently I'm faster IRL...

Sounds like great fun. 👍

I've always wanted to go go-carting, but never did.

I'm playing around with the Ford GT as we speak, and it hasn't bump-jumped once, other than when I've aggravated it and that wasn't even a big deal.

Where is this happening, because as it is now the only thing it's deprived of is acceleration - it's quite slow compared to the other Tier 3 cars.

It bounced for me mostly on Road America...maybe its just the suspension or body kit...like i said, however, i dont think they gave the GT the OOMPH it has in real life...:indiff:

Hey Tinker, OMG that happened to me last night when the game was saving and it froze and the game locked up. So I had to ctrl+alt+del to shut he game down and then restart it and to my horror my save file was corrupted but the profile remained. I then remembered that my operating system (Vista Ulimate) creates shadow copies of files and I was able to restore the previous days save game file and *PHEW*, wasn't I relieved. Also someone mentioned the Z06? That car is dead on the line for me and won't budge an inch! I read somewhere that advanced tuning once activated, effects a couple of cars that have not been tuned and drops their gear ratio's to '0' thus rendering the cars dead in the water. GOODDAMIT EA! where is the patch to fix these issues :grumpy:

Ford GT - Stage III

Driver's Note: This was approached in resolving a bump-jumping issue, one of which wasn't present, at least in initial testing without purposely being aggravated. However, the GT was improved anyhow further subduing the issue.

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.90
R. Tire Pressure - 33.48
Brake Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 19.00
Caster Angle - 2.75
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -1.50
R. Camber - -1.20
F. Ride Height - 70.00
R. Ride Height - 80.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 171.31
F. Spring Rate - 399.73
R. Spring Rate - 485.38
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,300.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,300.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,200.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,400.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,300.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,300.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,000.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Preload - 80.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 6.20
1st - 2.67
2nd - 1.74
3rd - 1.20
4th - 0.96
5th - 0.76
6th - 0.68

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 12.00
R. Downforce - 10.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Fastest lap recorded at London River is: N/A

The status of this tune is currently open, however, these settings are effective on the tracks tested on thus far. Bump-jumping doesn't appear to be an issue at all, again, unless it's aggravated by erratic steering and improper throttle.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX, MR-Edition - Stage III

Vehicle Note:
This tune was approached without the following customizations: Tires Stage 3, Shorter Final Drive, Increase Boost, Seam-Welded Chassis

Car Rating: 9.43

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 34.78
R. Tire Pressure - 32.61
Brake Balance - 65.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 18.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - -0.20
R. Toe Angle - 0.00
F. Camber - -1.50
R. Camber - -1.10
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 90.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 205.57
F. Spring Rate - 314.07
R. Spring Rate - 266.48
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,600.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,300.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 1,700.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1,700.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,300.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 5,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2,300.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 3,300.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 45.00

Gearing

Final - 6.04
1st - 3.23
2nd - 2.25
3rd - 1.74
4th - 1.27
5th - 1.00
6th - 0.76

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - N/A
R. Downforce - N/A
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Fastest lap recorded at London River is: 1:22.730

This tune shares many of the same characteristics with the Impreza, it's very direct and precise. Has great weight transfer and a feel of counter balance whenever it's momentum is downplayed in the slightest of ways. Loves to powerslide but be advised you must brake relatively early with this tune as the brake distance isn't up to par with the rest of it's initial performance.

Last edited:
Thanks for the work on the GT. Oddly enough, when I went to put in your tune, the default settings on mine were all far left (which probably added to the less than favourable drivability!). Did you find this or is it just a glitch in my copy?

Andy

EDIT: You have completely changed the Viper and the GT for me from cars that were so bad, I just didn't want to drive into highly enjoyable experiences. They are not easy to drive, as you'd expect in real life, but behave like I would expect 600+ HP muscle cars to behave. As these are probably my two favourite cars in the game, I cannot thank you enough!

Last edited:
Thanks for the work on the GT. Oddly enough, when I went to put in your tune, the default settings on mine were all far left (which probably added to the less than favourable drivability!). Did you find this or is it just a glitch in my copy?

Andy

EDIT: You have completely changed the Viper and the GT for me from cars that were so bad, I just didn't want to drive into highly enjoyable experiences. They are not easy to drive, as you'd expect in real life, but behave like I would expect 600+ HP muscle cars to behave. As these are probably my two favourite cars in the game, I cannot thank you enough!

That hasn't happened to me, but, it comes as no surprise as Shift really throws a hissy fit when you're trying to use absolute values and/or the top end values for certain adjustments (i.e the brake pressure will reset itself from 58.00 to 57.50, if you attempt to use maximum downforce for whatever reason it will be reset to one value less). Hopefully it'll be fixed with the upcoming patch which looks promising.

The good news? Well, I'm glad the tunes are working for you of course. :D

T-12
I was wondering if you could make the LP650 have more top-speed and if is not too much a little bit less over-steer.

Thanks....:)

Terronium, if you get time, do you think you could take a look at the e46 M3 Works converted tune?

It doesn't matter whether you start with the tune settings I posted or start from scratch, as most of your other tunes suit my driving style just fine. :)

It's just that I'm wondering if, like the Audi TT, the M3 will not be able to be really sorted out until the bounce-jump bug is fixed.
Thanks in advance!
:cheers:

By the way I'm primarily running the M3 on the Nordschleife...

Last edited:
T-12
I was wondering if you could make the LP650 have more top-speed and if is not too much a little bit less over-steer.

Thanks....:)

You have to be more specific as I'm not sure if you've accidentally switched the Gallardo's LP designation (560) or accidentally gone two digits higher than the Murcielago's (640).

Terronium, if you get time, do you think you could take a look at the e46 M3 Works converted tune?

It doesn't matter whether you start with the tune settings I posted or start from scratch, as most of your other tunes suit my driving style just fine. :)

It's just that I'm wondering if, like the Audi TT, the M3 will not be able to be really sorted out until the bounce-jump bug is fixed.
Thanks in advance!
:cheers:

By the way I'm primarily running the M3 on the Nordschleife...

Sure thing. I thought we already established this?

I've just considered something...

If you want more top end speed and less oversteer, I could do a tune without a Works Conversion; I could definitely work the oversteer out as is, but the speed is another story as it'll only go so far without either the additional aerodynamic aid capping the top speeds, or taller gear ratios causing the car to lose momentum and become sluggish.

I've just considered something...

If you want more top end speed and less oversteer, I could do a tune without a Works Conversion; I could definitely work the oversteer out as is, but the speed is another story as it'll only go so far without either the additional aerodynamic aid capping the top speeds, or taller gear ratios causing the car to lose momentum and become sluggish.

OK...Go Ahead........Thanksxxz Man....👍

OK...Go Ahead........Thanksxxz Man....👍

You're up next right alongside the E36, in fact, you might be right after the tune that's going up right after this post seeing as there won't be much to do other accounting for lack of the additional downforce. 👍

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Stage III Works Converted

Driver's Note:
This tune approaches the Z06 from a different perspective; power-to-weight and balance were considered throughout, power and oversteer were also considered and adjusted within bounds. As it stands, the Z06 is the most proficient tune to date lapping the RT Test Track faster than the previous record holder, the Bugatti Veyron (1:17.350) in 1:17.330, and can most definitely lap faster.

Vehicle Note: This tune as is makes the Z06 incredibly stable as long as you remain within it's grip limitations when exiting tight corners. Further explanation down below.

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.33
R. Tire Pressure - 33.33
Brake Balance - 63.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 17.00
Caster Angle - 2.75
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -1.50
R. Camber - -1.00
F. Ride Height - 75.00
R. Ride Height - 85.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 114.21
R. Sway bar - 114.21
F. Spring Rate - 485.38
R. Spring Rate - 456.83
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,600.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,600.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,800.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,200.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,800.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,800.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,900.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Preload - 80.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 6.33
1st - 3.31
2nd - 2.21
3rd - 1.68
4th - 1.39
5th - 1.17
6th - 0.90

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 22.00
R. Downforce - 34.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 2.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Fastest lap recorded at London River is: 1:17.330 (Current lap time leader).

As mentioned above this tune strengthens the Z06 in terms of stability incredibly so, however, the rear wheels tend to lose grip, if only momentarily but more than enough time to throw the balance of the car completely off. This is the only drawback in this tune. It's braking is superb, as is the acceleration, top end speed, and cornering abilities. This tune and all of the proceeding parameters are all under advisement and will be improved without upsetting it's already good stature, if possible. Again, be advised that you must use careful and precise throttle management when turning into and exiting a corner that requires the rear wheels to carry as much traction as the front wheels.

Last edited:
I've been messing around with some of your tunes and the Z06 and i have accomplished 1:16.something at London River. So now I'm going to compare this settings with the ones that i have and see what happens. :cool:

I'm fed up with this game at the moment, all the bouncing and sh...stuff is annoying the hell out of me.

I'll get back to the remaining tunes sometime later on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back