GT Planet Member Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 786 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks? I didn't make that for you, if I were you I would have kept a findable replay to upload bearing in mind you can't record a video, if you have troubles finding a replay take note of date and hour when you save it, this way it will be very easy to find.

[edit] I am referring to Genesisfury [/edit]

Thanks? I didn't make that for you
Well at the very least I can thank you for it. Must be an absolutely flying lap, but unfortunately I can't view it with my US copy of the game. I was able, however, to view the info for the replay outside of the game in the Saved Data Utility, so I have no doubt it's a legitimate pro physics lap.

👍

I believe Cottees could record the replay if he wanted, as his copy will read UCES files. I attempted to rename just the parent folder to include the "UCUS98632RPLY" prefix that the US copy uses, but that results in it showing up as corrupted data... oh well, I tried.

Anyway, eclipsee, that must be one hell of a lap. I applaud you. :cheers:

Edit:
As for C6, I have tried and tried to beat my 56.1 lap time, but even when I manage to get a perfect exit out of the last corner and begin pulling away from the ghost at the start of the following lap, sometimes being up a whole tenth by the first split, I still can't nail the last section as well as my ghost, so I always lose that tenth and then some. I believe it may be possible to break into the 55s, but it would take a lot more perfection than I can deliver.

Therefore, this will be my final submission for C6. Here's the ghost. Good luck guys!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B963F590D03.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
You are welcome Glubags. 👍

If Cottees can't record my replay I can record it with my photo camera.

On topic, niigaki, why don't you extend the rule of saving the replay to everybody instead of only the top three? you will get more info there than a mere screenshot.

Ive been having exams and deadlines for big assignments at school. I dont have enough time in a day to practice atm. I gave the challenges a try but I just suck at them and have no time to improve on them. The only time I really have to play is on the bus rides to and from school (unless i dont get a seat).

I just got a ****tonne of cars from ahp so I hope this improves the situation.

On topic, niigaki, why don't you extend the rule of saving the replay to everybody instead of only the top three? you will get more info there than a mere screenshot.

To be honest, I don't see the reason why everyone should uploading ghosts. Screenshots are for posting times. Ghosts are for the top 3 drivers of each challenge to show how fast each driver was during the challenge. I don't think the top driver would learn much from a lower tier driver imo.

Edit.

So I am having a hard time deciding this next course, I am leaning towards a fast and tight track again but then again this might bite me in the butt because they're might be a slight chance of wall hugging in this course. I played through in for a few laps with C7's car but decisions decisions. I know members don't want city tracks because of this but is sad because Seattle is a really well designed course.

Last edited:
DSC02799.jpg

I dont think im top 3 so ill leave out the replay for now :)
0'56.424

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B963F590D00.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Please note that all times have been added and updated. It is your responsibility to upload your ghost and attach it to your time post if you are in the top 3. If you fail to do so before 11pm PST tonight and or if you attach the wrong ghost and your time does not match what your screen says. Your time will be DQ'ed and you will not receive points for this challenge. It may seem harsh to some but most of us are adults I am assuming and you should take responsibility for making sure. No excuses and no exceptions.

5. As of Oct 22nd, if you place within the top 3 drivers for each challenge. You must support your time with not only a picture but a upload of your replay file. If you fail to upload your replay and post a link before the deadline of each challenge. Your time will be dismissed, no excuses, no exceptions.

ah, this blows for me =\

how does this blow for you? its easy enough, you post your time with a screenshot of the ghost. then you can upload the replay file as an attachment.

Plug in your psp to your pc or mac. Go to Game/SaveData and your replays are there. But you have to do some research and find out with one is actually the correct one.

edit.

I am pretty sure Glubags can write something better then how I explained it. Or if anyone else does, ill paste it on the first page of the thread and give credit.

ah no, no screenshot, thats my replay...i gotta get a cam =\

I'll write up a quick little tutorial like niigaki suggested. Your replay.zip is incomplete--it needs to include the entire parent folder and all of its contents. I'll edit this post when I'm finished. You should go ahead and delete that zip file from your attachments and reupload it when I'm done.

Here we go:

First, attach your PSP to your PC/Mac and go to the PSP/SAVEDATA folder. It'll list your saved files. Mine looks like this:

pspscreen1.jpg

The folders with the "UC*S*****LCNS" prefix contain your saved Driving Challenge replays, if you saved any. These are the in-game driving challenges; the license tests. The folders with the "UC*S*****RPLY" prefix contain saved replays from single-player events. These are the ones you need to look for. The letters/numbers after the "RPLY-" in the folder are the same for each track, and the last two numbers are the number of replays you have saved for that specific track. For instance, I have 4 replays saved for the Citroen on Autumn Ring Mini Reverse, and those 4 replays are the "B963F590D" folders, incremented 00 to 03. The 03 folder is the last replay I saved for this challenge, which is my 56.1 lap. If you aren't sure which of yours is which, open one of your folders and find the PARAM.SFO file:

pspscreen2.jpg

Open the PARAM.SFO file with a text editor like Notepad. You may have to hit Format -> Wordwrap to read it a little easier:

pspscreen3.jpg

As you can see, it lists the course, vehicle, physics, and tires used. Do NOT make any changes or re-save the file from your text editor--simply close it. Any changes or re-saving from the text editor will result in corrupt data.

When you've found your replay by viewing the PARAM.SFO file, go back to the SAVEDATA directory and, on a Windows machine, right-click the folder containing your replay data and choose Send to -> Compressed file. This will create the ZIP file you need. Cut and paste that zip file from your PSP to your computer. Leaving the ZIP file on your PSP won't harm it, but it will show up as corrupt data in your Saved Data Utility on the PSP's screen.

When you've placed that ZIP file on your PC, upload it to the forum using the file attachment utility, or just host it online if you have a preferred hosting solution and provide the link in your post. Other users can then open your ZIP and extract the entire folder to their PSP/SAVEDATA directory to view the replay in-game.

I mentioned the last two numbers in the folder name because there's a chance you may already have saved a replay with this folder name. If that's the case, make a backup copy of your replay folder somewhere on your PC/Mac before you unzip another user's replay to your PSP, as it will overwrite yours, and I'm pretty sure incrementing the folder name yourself by renaming it (to prevent yours from being overwritten) will again result in corrupt data.

This probably all sounds complicated, but it's super simple... takes 5 minutes at the most.

Last edited:

Thanks for the tutorial, Glubags.
I would like to add an alternative step so that we don't have to open the file in a text editor & accidentally mess up the file.

1. In your PSP, take note of the Time & Date of the replay.
2. Mount the PSP memory card in Windows & go to PSP\SAVEDATA.
3. Enable a detailed view of the SAVEDATA window (View --> Details)
4. Sort the saved files by clicking on the "Date Modified" header.
5. Copy/Zip the file folder with the same Time & Date of the replay.

Attachments

• IMG_2271_.jpg
    IMG_2271_.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 10
times have been updated as of 6:28pm PST. Please note this is the last day of C6, and I am still missing a Ghost from Genesisfury. You might want to attach your ghost to your time before 11pm PST or your time will not count. Everyone was told about the new rule when C6 was started.

Yeah, I don't know why he didn't go ahead and attach it, knowing he beat my time. He uploaded his ghost for the 57.0 he ran a couple days ago, so it should be very easy for him to find his 56.0 ghost and upload it as well.

Currently looking for someone who has a little spare time to review all of our out of country players to verify ghosts for me. If you have the spare time, please send me a message. Would really appreciate this, thanks!

Currently looking for someone who has a little spare time to review all of our out of country players to verify ghosts for me. If you have the spare time, please send me a message. Would really appreciate this, thanks!

I can verify ghosts for the UCES-01245 versions of GT.

0'58.132

The broken icon is when I renamed one of my ghosts so Genesisfury's ghost wouldn't over write my own ghost.

DSC00757.JPG

odd.
this is the first time niigaki ran late in announcing the next track.

edit:
whoops.
after looking at my clock it looks like dst just ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back