Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
PF
Have you fellers done the Lancia Delta Integrale '91 before? If not, can I request one on sports tyres with no non-removable mods (eg Port Polish, Engine Balance, weight reduction) to use as an A-Speccer? Also, there's no rush at all so take weeks or even months if you need to. (I wonder what the companion car to this would be).

Hm...Well, MFT DOES have an Delta Intergale '91 set-up, but it's a fully-tuned one with everything done to it except slappin' on some Racing Slicks and adding a wing (And equipping NOS too, i guess...).

PF
Oh god, I'm an idiot. Sorry bout that. Dunno how I missed that on the front page.

No harm done, it happens to us all. It's not the best possible setup I've made, so don't expect too much from it. that old Italian is stubborn..

Well, I decided to finally give one of these cars a go.

Bottom line, this car has tremendous power, and is meant for a true professional driver, I don't necessarily fall into that category. You need to have mastery of control driving this car, which will more than happily bust you up, if it believes you aren't worthy of a car of this magnitude.

I'm glad to see that this old barge found yet another reviewer. Thanks for the good and thorough work. 👍

ABT PIKES PEAK QUATTRO '03

I took the quattro out for a spin last night at the Midfield Track. I didn't plan on spinning quite as much as I did. I ran lap after lap and I just couldn't get one clean, quick lap. It felt as if the track was too small for the car.

Let me try to explain. Starting off the car doesn't seem too fast until you look down at the speedometer and realize just how fast you are going, about now you are passing under the bridge and need to be hard on the brakes. Not good. You are in too deep and have to turn the wheel, here comes the back end, or should I say, there goes the back end, and in a cloud of dust into the sandbox.

Hummm, I may have to adjust my braking points and recheck my lines. I just couldn't get it right. Braking in a straight line is OK, a little long, but straight and controllable. Braking while the car is turning is a whole different story, immediatly the back comes around on you. Instant oversteer. I just couldn't adapt to the car's handling on this track.

I did the logical thing and moved on, I went to the Grand Valley Speedway and tried it out there, much better. I didn't set any course records but came within 6 seconds of your posted time. Not bad by my standards. This is where you can toss the back end out and steer with the throttle. Yes! The car started to show it's potential.

Finally, off we went to El Capitain. There the car was really in its element. No really slow corners, lots of sweepers. Turn the wheel, let off the throttle, let the back end come out and back onto the throttle, beautiful drift all the way around. Sweet! The only place on the track that the car was unsettled was at the top of the hill after the tunnel, I piled into both the sandtrap and the side of the mountain. That isn't the cars fault but the idiot driver pushing too much.

All in all I like the car. The gearing is spot on. I never ran out of gear and found the car was capable of some surprising speed. The brakes initially seemed to be weak (Midfield), but as I drove I understood that if they were stronger the oversteer would have been uncontrollable. The car needs a big track with sweeping turns to utilize its strengths, small narrow tracks are going to be a problem.

Too Old

Last edited:
Too Old - Thanks for an in depth review! You've also managed to prove all my premonitions right, that car really needs room when the throttle is planted. Not a ballet dancer for sure but when it gets going it'll definitely keep going. I wonder if it should be upgraded to Pro level though...

I don't think so. I'm not a pro level driver at all. All you have to do is realize what is going on and adapt to it. I can't even pass the 3 lap challenges on the driving missions. No to pro

Too Old

Too Old - Thanks for an in depth review! You've also managed to prove all my premonitions right, that car really needs room when the throttle is planted. Not a ballet dancer for sure but when it gets going it'll definitely keep going. I wonder if it should be upgraded to Pro level though...

I dunno how accurate the levels are myself.I'm barely passing the license tests and i can handle Grim R34PER with ease....On S2 tires (I used it in the supercar cup)

The Grim R34per is pretty forgiving, until you try to go beyond 80% of it's abilities. That's when it starts to introduce you to the armcos and kitty litter traps.

Agreed. Push the cars enough to get inside a second or so off the posted times and the badges begin to make a lot more sense. Anything is easy when you're going 10 km/h below the safety limit but exceed it and you'll see what a Pro level car is like. It's possible that you can't even get inside that second and then you know what an Expert level car is like.

Audi S4R '98

First of all, I'm new to the forums and haven't played GT4 in a while. I have started playing it again your Audi S4R tune made me join the forums :)

The breaking balace is perfect for the car as is the transmission. The breaks may even be a bit strong for the Audi but it certainly helps get that faster lap time. The acceleration vs. top speed balance is also really good for tacks like GVS which have sharp turns and long distance straights.

I know very little about suspension setups and tuning but all i can say is that for an Audi it handles like a dream. The grip is great and the car almost never spins out when it's on the road. At higher speeds it does become semi-uncontrollable for a moment when breaking and turning but this can be corrected within moments without losing much time or crashing.

I haven't played GT4 in over a year so my driving is very rusty but after 12 laps my best time was 1'50.433 for GVS. As for myself i usually test out tunes on the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. My best time for it was 1'26.625 but with a better driver it should easily hit at least 1'24. It did however understeer more on Laguna Seca than it did GVS. The braking and turns were harder to control and sometimes would result in me driving into the sand if I hit the gas too soon. It is a more rigorous course so perhaps I am hoping for too much from the car. Overall an amazing tune that deserves a 10/10. I had also owned an Audi S4 '00 previously in real life so it was really fun to use this car againt race cars in GVS 300 km endurance and win (just stayed in first place and got a good lead before quiting, endurance races hurt my hands).

I haven't read the entire forum yet and this review is "REALLY" late, but better late than never. I will review the ABT Le Mans Quattro '03 and ABT Pikes Peak Quattro '03 during this weak with a full review. I currently only have a joystick to drive with so my times will likely be around 3 seconds slower than yours. :(

Audi S4R '98

First of all, I'm new to the forums and haven't played GT4 in a while. I have started playing it again your Audi S4R tune made me join the forums :)

The breaking balace is perfect for the car as is the transmission. The breaks may even be a bit strong for the Audi but it certainly helps get that faster lap time. The acceleration vs. top speed balance is also really good for tacks like GVS which have sharp turns and long distance straights.

I know very little about suspension setups and tuning but all i can say is that for an Audi it handles like a dream. The grip is great and the car almost never spins out when it's on the road. At higher speeds it does become semi-uncontrollable for a moment when breaking and turning but this can be corrected within moments without losing much time or crashing.

I haven't played GT4 in over a year so my driving is very rusty but after 12 laps my best time was 1'50.433 for GVS. As for myself i usually test out tunes on the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. My best time for it was 1'26.625 but with a better driver it should easily hit at least 1'24. It did however understeer more on Laguna Seca than it did GVS. The braking and turns were harder to control and sometimes would result in me driving into the sand if I hit the gas too soon. It is a more rigorous course so perhaps I am hoping for too much from the car. Overall an amazing tune that deserves a 10/10. I had also owned an Audi S4 '00 previously in real life so it was really fun to use this car againt race cars in GVS 300 km endurance and win (just stayed in first place and got a good lead before quiting, endurance races hurt my hands).

I haven't read the entire forum yet and this review is "REALLY" late, but better late than never. I will review the ABT Le Mans Quattro '03 and ABT Pikes Peak Quattro '03 during this weak with a full review. I currently only have a joystick to drive with so my times will likely be around 3 seconds slower than yours. :(

Thanks for the review! It indeed is one of the better Audis to tune, others being the new V8 powered S4 and 3.2 TT/A3 Quattro. I fell in love with the acceleration, and the handling was up to my standards as well. About the instability at high speeds.. well, it is bit soft-ish tune in order to keep the rear-end planted. As with most 4WD cars in GT4, it had a tendency to swap ends instantly under braking, especially if you weren't braking in straight line.

ABT Pikes Peak Quattro '03 Review
Overall, Too Old described the car perfectly. The breaking is actually pretty strong for a 1615 kg car and is really predictable as long as you break in a straight line. If you try to break while turning the car may instantly oversteer with no time to correct the mistake.

The gears are great and the acceleration is amazing as is the 776 hp under its hood. It was able to hit its top speed of 189mph on the High-Speed Ring straight. The car height seems a bit too low but i suppose that it helps stabilize the car and prevent it from oversteering on every turn?

On wide open road the Pikes Peak Quattro does very well with easy and predictable handling. It does understeer more at high speeds than low but it may be that i hit the gas too soon after entering the turn. 9.5/10 for the car. Great tune and fun to drive, just a little hard to control at times.

Pros:
-acceleration
-grip
-stability
-breaking
-predictable

Cons:
-handling

Overall the handling is great, but it can esily oversteer and sometimes understeer. Will definately give the 3.2 TT a good try when i find the time 👍

Keep up the great work!

I'm going to start reviewing the setups posted in this thread.

You can expect 1/4 mile and timeattack times with a short review of handling ect.
It took awhile to copy-paste every single tune from the links in post #1 and 2

:cheers:

MadMax

you copied all of them? :eek: that's 150+ cars, young man. many have tried the same but failed.. :dopey:

Yea, all 155+2 and I put them all in one memo file.
To find the specific car to use I use the "mft_car listing" , exel table.

Lets start off this reviewing quest:

MFT "Young Thunder" '02 review by MadMax86

All parts installed , TCS and ASM set to 0,

1/4 mile time: 11.985

when tuned: 11.775
(launch at 1st gear max revving with 80% throttle max throttle ,
when the rev meter needle hit 4500 rpm / 20km/h , shift at 7600 rpm) trap speed 195 km/h

Improvement 1,75%
It may not sound like alot but it is at 1/4 mile

GVS time attack stock upgraded, TCS and ASM set to 0

upg stock time: 1'59.363

when tuned: 1'54.153 (with more time spent I would have cracked into 1'53's ,
but had alredy 403 km in the trip-o-meter so I was satisfied for my progress)

Improvement 4.56%
Most of the improvement were on accelerating on straiths and exiting corners.

At first it felt like the understeer was cut by half but cornering reguired use of handbrake very often.
The rumble strips caused the springs to do lots of unpredictable movement.
The braking was improved guite mutch, braking distance was cut about 25% and trail braking was made possible.
I spent some time on the GVS and exeeded 200km and needed to do an oil change.
After coming back to GSV and continuing hotlapping I realised that the springs gave the car more control under acceleration.
So, I needed to readjust my driving style to fit this newly found capability of the car.
After awhile the car started to feel more controllable and the lap times improved.
The transmission was well set, every gear getting "boost" from previous gear.
I've used this type gearing on a few of my 1/4 mile tunes

Now the judging:

Transmission 9/10 (it was spot on ,but I felt like there was too low top speed.)
Personally I would do it as 5 speed manual using gears 1-5 leaving 6th gear for higher speeds that occur in duel/overtaking situations.

Suspension and Aerodynamics 8/10 (the suspension worked with the aerodynamics, but it felt like that the downforce was replacing damper settings.)
Overall It felt like I was driving a peugeot 205 on S1's :scared:

Brakes 9/10 (they did the job , but didn't really cause as mutch oversteer I would have personally prefered.)

Final grade: 9/10 👍

I hope I wasn't too critical on my judging and didn't cause too mutch hatred by my opinions

Till next time, I will return with another car and another review.

MadMax

Nismo 550R '98

Just tried out the tune Greycap and i must say it's a great car. When first testing the car on GVS the handling was amazing and predictable. The car didn't oversteer or understeer and also had great breaks. The gears are spot on and it didn't even feel like i was driving a wagon. I took out on the Tuning Car Grand Prix and thats when i started noticing an oversteer/understeer problem in the car.

On the Apricot Hill Raceway there's a wide turn that has an uphill slope. It really didn't look like you would need any breaks but the car seemed to resist the owners command and tend to go in a straight line. This wasn't too bad as a small adjustment in breaking and gas fixed the problem. On Tokyo Route 246 the car also understeered at high speeds on relatively easy turns which didn't need the application of breaks.

The El Capitan was quite a different story. The car actually became unstable when turning at high speeds causing you to drift and momentarily lose control or sometimes spin out. When going up the large hill theres a big downward slope during which the car shook and bounced and would completely spin out if breaks were not applied. It drives well on a relatively flat course but becomes unstable at high speeds and different elevations. Overall it was a fun and easy car to drive which can easily defeat a RUF. 9.5/10 👍

By the way, how do you quote a post or just a certain part of a post? I'm not really great with a computer :)

Last edited:
Good to see more people reviewing MFT's cars. 👍

By the way, how do you quote a post or just a certain part of a post? I'm not really great with a computer :)

You just click on the 'QUOTE'-Button, which you can find in the bottom right corner of any post. If you want to quote more than one post, click on the 'Multi-quote'-Button, which you can find right next to the regular 'Quote'-Button. In order to quote just a certain part of the post, delete the parts you don't want to quote. Don't forget to leave the
[*/QUOTE] (I had to add the asterisk to one tag, in order you can see what I mean, please don't add the asterisk to your quote tags!) tags in the post! 👍

Yea, all 155+2 and I put them all in one memo file.
To find the specific car to use I use the "mft_car listing" , exel table.

Well, I will add one car more today.. ;)

I hope I wasn't too critical on my judging and didn't cause too mutch hatred by my opinions

Till next time, I will return with another car and another review.

MadMax

There's no such thing as being too critical. And hatred over a game? let's leave that to Forza/Fixbox360 fans, shall we? :lol: I'm just grateful that these cars get the attention they deserve. after GT5P came out, GT4 tuning section has almost died.

TRD MR2 SC '86

For my first order with MFT, I chose the 1985 1600 G, since I didn't have an SC '86. It has the stage three turbo and the rest of the parts came from the guys at MFT. Now we all know that the MR2 is not a strip car. It excels in the turns do to the lightweight and MR setup. I had originally tuned it in my garage at home, but since I had a little extra cash, I had it exported to Europe to see if I could make it even better. After a day or two, I had a fully restored MR2, so I went to Costa di Amalfi to do a little street rally. On the first lap the car felt really loose, I think it would work better with the R3s, but hey it's not my tune. The second lap turned out much better, finishing at 2.15.028. The MR2 is not a powerful car at all, but the MFT tune really shines on the hills of Costa di Amalfi.

Nismo GT-R V-SpecII R-Tune '02

The Red Devil...I thought, so what? My R-tune has 857hp, surely MFT is doing something wrong. Well, it turns out I was the one doing it wrong. I flew my R-tune out to Europe in hopes that the guys at MFT could fine tune my Skyline. They completely retuned it. The new version outperforms my old version in every way except top speed. But who needs that for anything other than the oval? The new version lost grip only once in my hot lap around Laguna Seca, not to mention it came in over 5 seconds faster. The lost grip came around because I entered the wide bend after the back straight in the wrong gear, I downshifted, and the car took off out of the turn like a Scud missile. There's no such thing as oversteer and barely any understeer. The braking on this thing is sent from forces above. It's the definition of stable. Amazing car! I love the tune!

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the GTP forums and the GT series in general. MFT has made my otherwise terrible cars drivable and fun. Thanks a lot!

Infinite Insanity

566 bhp, 875 Nm, 1200 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Supercharger
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 130 / 160
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 2.5 / 1.8
Toe: -2 / 0
Stabilizers: 6 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 4.458
2nd: 2.805
3rd: 1.952
4th: 1.443
5th: 1.190
Final Gear: 2.764

Autoset 18

LSD
Initial: 7/13
Acceleration: 15/20
Deceleration: 10/40

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

There is a reason for the word "Insanity" in the name of this car. A really good reason. And yes, you guessed it right, it has to do with the way this car handles.. Or more like doesn't handle. Well, actually it handles bit erratically. It's sort of steered with throttle and brake, which is a worrying concept in a big car like this. When you approach the corner, the car thinks "Hmm, I'm coming into a corner, which means that we have to turn!", and then it kicks the tail out like enthusiastic puppy who wants to play. Then, after brief moment of terror that didn't end up in a spectacular high speed crash with pieces of car flying around, you start exiting the corner. Again, the car thinks "Oh, we're getting out of the corner, which means that we're going to go straight and accelerate!", And so it does.. the AWD suddenly feels like archaic permanent AWD, solid and unwilling to allow play and you steer wide if you apply throttle too soon. But then we get to the best part of the car, which is acceleration. And here, the car really shines all the way to 150mph+, which is respectable speed for an SUV. Treat it with respect and discipline like a puppy, and it will behave, beat it and it will bite back. Simple as that, really. It's insane.. in a sane way.

Frostfire - ABT Pikes Peak Quattro - I must have missed something... grip, stability, braking and predictability as pros and still handling as con? :odd: The handling needs getting used to but in the end I think it's better to have it handle that way. The other option would be to have a car that stays 100% steady during braking and goes to the sand/grass/armco/you decide with 100% certainty because it can't turn to save its life. After all turning under braking is optional but clearing the corners without three point turns is not... about the understeer, it's quite understandable with that suspension setup (the low ride height is to prevent ridiculous swaying) and the weight. It takes force to deflect a flying brick from its path.

MadMax86 - Just a note regarding the quarter mile times, very little thought has been given to acceleration from a stop so don't be surprised if some of them actually perform worse than with parts fitted and default settings.

Frostfire - Nismo 550R - Continuing from the Pikes Peak review I have a feeling that we have a theme starting here. The name of the theme is pushing too much at the wrong places... while I admit that the car can under- and oversteer I'll also say that if I can drive it around Nürburgring in 6'40 and change it most definitely can handle just about any elevation at a very respectable pace as long as the driver doesn't charge in throttle open wide and praying for the best. After all it's a big car with a lot of weight.

Retoxified - TRD MR2 SC - While it's not the same exact model it's probably close enough for you to get a picture of the setup. It doesn't only feel really loose, it is just that, but I still think it works better without racing slicks for two reasons. The first being that they would outlaw it from the few races it can enter as is, and the second that they would make it perhaps a tad too stable. In my opinion the AW11 is meant to be a car for dancing on the edge of grip and that's what makes it so satisfying.

Retoxified - Nismo R-Tune - This car must be one of my best liked creations by the few who have tried it. If I didn't know better I'd swear it has downforce but it doesn't... and the low power doubles the feeling as it doesn't attain outlandish speeds. If you liked this one you'll almost certainly like the 550R reviewed above, it's a bit looser but otherwise quite similar in handling.

Thanks to all above, the tune offer stands. 👍

Last edited:
I see exactly what you mean now regarding the MR2. I thought I had the MR layout down pat so I upgraded to the Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 Hmm, perhaps I shouldn't have chosen a Saturn V rocket for my first exotic! The car brakes very well for the speeds which I have driven it. I had to learn a little self control when hitting the throttle. this car just aches to go fast and the seemingly endless power supply really helps the scenery go by. I'm still learning the quirks of the car, but not one second of it has been boring. Another thing I noticed is that the MFT tune is still drivable even when the Zonda is over 1030hp. Even with S3s, though I prefer R5s on pretty much all of my cars because I like to turn like glue. Bravo!

I have two new cars I'm working on, one is a '96 3000GT VR-4, the AWD drive one. The other is an '89 300zx 2 seater. Do you think that your tuning set up would work well with the cars that I have? If not, do you have any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back