Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
For now, the R34PER!

EDIT: By the way, I've tried the R34per and it's an awesome car... But I felt it a little tail-happy... Like it was on R2's, but it was on the recommended R3's. So far, at GVS I've got 1'40.364

I recall warning you that it is a handful.. After all, it IS a full power Godzilla from Japan, and hasn't been matched yet by our competitors.

I recall warning you that it is a handful.. After all, it IS a full power Godzilla from Japan, and hasn't been matched yet by our competitors.

Don't say that too loud, we may get ideas.....

Nismo 350Z A-Spec

464 bhp, 694 Nm, 1298 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:

Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Supercharger
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 100 / 120
Bound: 2 / 4
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe: -2 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.937
2nd: 2.032
3rd: 1.570
4th: 1.265
5th: 1.030
6th: 0.835
Final Gear: 3.200

Autoset 11

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 16
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Ballast
Ballast weight: 97 kg

Yes, it's heavier than the Z-486 SC. Yes, it has less power than the Z-486 SC. No, it's not any lesser car because of those things. While it doesn't seem to be as hardcore and extreme as it's older brother, it's more refined beast, honed, polished and developed to give you more for less. This is what we call Nismo 350Z A-Spec, Nissans equivalent for Porsche 911 GT3. While it doesn't look exactly as shouty and attention begging as the Evo Beetle GT3, big wing and lightweight model-specific rims tell you that this is one serious machine, whose top speed is limited by aerodynamics rather than electronics. And should there be bends in the road, fear not. Soft road-legal compound and patiently tuned suspension and differential will keep you on the road, while the gearbox always offers you a good ratio for the meaty torque delivery. Be mindful, though. While she offers lots of grip, nearly 700 newtonmeters guarantee that if your tires slip, they won't stop before you've left worlds longest trail of black, smoking rubber on the road.

Sorry for the Doublepost! :indiff:

Nissan R390/870GT REVIEW

First, this car is RIDICULOUS. Seriously. The stock car was a freaking rocket on rubber, and MFT turned it into shopping cart with a TurboCharged Ion Accelerator engine.
868 hp and 1091 Nm condensed in a meagre 1038 kg. Needless to say, this car ROCKETED across GVS, giving me 1'38.534 after more than 20 laps of practice... After that, I thought: "I NEEDS MROE!!!!!11!"
And so it was. After 20 laps at Nurburgring, with a ridiculously high amount of spinouts (I keep forgetting to brake in a straight line... :dunce:) I said... "Enough now, gotta go to bed." Quick glance at the clock... 3AM?!?!?!?!?! Yes, the 390 got me hooked playing 'til 3AM. Incredible. The understeer gets noticeable at high speeds, but the cornerspeed makes up for it. If you don't brake in a straight line, it's bye bye for you. Oversteer is nearly unnoticeable, the wing keeps it down on the ground and it ROARS through straights. Great car, guys. Awesome work.

Last edited:
Interesting release with that M3, Grey. Just want to keep me guessing, huh? ;) Leo's 350Z A-spec is also coming frighteningly close to my 2.8 PWR requirements.. One killo added would do it.

Scratch that, calculator show's 2.7995. GT4 truncates to the perect 2.8. Oh my. :mischievous:

Hell I may even take a crack in each car, just to see what's up. Apparently both are very well-recieved. 👍

Cheers
Jetboy

Interesting release with that M3, Grey. Just want to keep me guessing, huh? ;) Leo's 350Z A-spec is also coming frighteningly close to my 2.8 PWR requirements.. One killo added would do it.

Scratch that, calculator show's 2.7995. GT4 truncates to the perect 2.8. Oh my. :mischievous:

Hell I may even take a crack in each car, just to see what's up. Apparently both are very well-recieved. 👍

Cheers
Jetboy

If you're okay with that PWR, I'll keep it as it is. Have fun when trying these babies out.

If you're okay with that PWR, I'll keep it as it is. Have fun when trying these babies out.
If it's showing as 2.800 or above in garage, you're good to roll. Think I care if you're five hundred thousandths under? :lol: Meanwhile, I'll get my trusty pen and pad out, record settings and parts, and tune a few new cars here. :D:tup:

Cheers,
Jetboy

What's the NISMO 350Z base car? It isn't in the .XLS, so I don't know.

EDIT: Found it, it's the regular 350Z. Tried out the car, one word: UNDERSTEER. God, I think it's because of the ballast. With N1's it fulfills all my powersliding fantasies, so good enough for me. :)

Last edited:
Khartaras - The Carbon Creature isn't meant for everyone, that's for sure. Your lap time makes me wonder a bit but whatever... and the understeer at high speeds is probably due to the plain crazy speeds it attains. The thing is that with this car you'll find understeer, with pretty much everything else (excluding race cars) you'll find a wall because they'll have left the road a few dozen km/h earlier. And it's already twitchy enough - as you found - to need any more responsiveness at any speeds.

Jetboy. - Do I have more aces in my sleeve, or is this the real thing? You'll find out soon enough. :D

Nismo 350Z A-Spec Review

Last month, I bought a new 350Z, straight off the dealership, 0.0mi. I loved the car's looks, but the handling... Meh!

Oversteery and flaky to drive, it wasn't much of a joy. Unless you slapped on some N2's and dorifted. Not my idea.

💡

GHOSTBU... Oh, wait. MFT.

Yet again Leo was the one responsible for the car. I got it 2 weeks after I sent it.

:drool:²

Beautiful NISMO-specific rims, an awesome wing and, as usual, the MFT sticker on the left door. I threw a roll of cash onto the desk, got my keys and drove off. My instinct was saying: "GO TO GVS, NAO!". Wait. Better idea. Special Stage Route 5. I called a bunch of kids with supercars, that had bigger V8's than driving skills.

Oh, they laughed at the 350Z. But then, they saw The Sticker. The MFT sticker. They had gotten a whooping from the R34per, and the 350Z was round 2 of the fight.

1st corner, I took out the Speed 12. In the following corners, the ZZ-II and the CIEN. The Nardo and SLR kept up, until the last corner. They hit the brakes, but I went KAMIKAZEEE!!!! and didn't touch the stuff. I got sucked into the apex by the car's massive torque helping the steering balance. Won it by 2 secs of advantage. They wanted a second run with Racing tires, so I slapped on some R3's (!_WARRANTY VOIDED_!). Even bigger a whooping. 5 secs of advantage. Unbelievably fast, the car.

Great job Leo. That M3 is bound to get a review, Greycap...

Keep up the good work!

- Khartaras Vankar -

EDIT: Greycap, if I can find that replay I'll give you a screenshot happily...

But anyway, I'm gonna do some more laps today, give you some more times. Ok?

Last edited:
EDIT: Greycap, if I can find that replay I'll give you a screenshot happily... Don't wanna raise any suspicion here, but it's understandable; the new guy comes around and gets a rocket laptime. Suspicious, I know. Now, to find the replay memory card...

I reckon it was because it was a little on the slow side for Carbon Creature.

Like, 6 seconds slow.

Somewhere in the realm of 2-4 seconds off is quite likely just from Grey's abilities but 6 seconds off is roughly where a mediocre driver such as myself would wind up on their first clean lap, not after "200 laps" of practice.

I reckon it was because it was a little on the slow side for Carbon Creature.

Like, 6 seconds slow.

Somewhere in the realm of 2-4 seconds off is quite likely just from Grey's abilities but 6 seconds off is roughly where a mediocre driver such as myself would wind up on their first clean lap, not after "200 laps" of practice.

Rotary I'm sorry, it wasn't 200 laps, but 20 laps. I fixed the original post, along with some more typos. Sorry guys! (Yes, I SUCK at high-power cars. Seriously. I do. I kept drifting in corners, forgot to brake before corners. Not car for me.)

Last edited:
So, here's my review after kickin it with the new M3 RS. 👍

First thing I notice, is that there's a slight delay to turning input, similar to going through a low grade of sludge, but it's nothing bad. It's very well planted, very neutral and extremely grippy. Once you get the handle of the slight sludge issue, the car's frighteningly fast, being very quick in accelleration. In competent hands, the car will be a deadly match against my sharper, yet slightly slower Series One GT1. Just toying around the first week's initial round, I found myself adjusting to the car's minor quirk. It's almost like you have to pre-emptively enter your controls. NA Lag? :lol: After a few laps the car proved just a tiny bit quicker than my own car. Something I built for myself. I smell trouble. :lol:

All in all, it's an extremely competent, well built (and tested) piece of machinery, with only the one small shortcoming. And that can be adjusted for. An easy 9.5/ 10.

Cheers,
Jetboy

Drove the Hommell Berliette by Greycap last nite for the Professional League Tuning Car Grand Prix, although I just used the brake & suspension tuning for these races. I did this to "get out of my box of thinking". I wanted to try some new ideas, basically...and voila...MFT actually has a Hommell. :)

First, I drove the Hommell with its stock suspension. Although it rates well in my book while it's stock, the Hommell Berlinette R/S has a habit of twitching this way and that, and bouncing a bit here and there. It's good, but still a little on the wild side. These twitches and bounces would cost time, as I'd need to re-arrange the car with extra brake & steering movements. MFT took care of all this in a positive way.

Really enjoyed the way the car would bounce over rumble strips :) yet not to the point of excessiveness. There was a generally pliant feel--a bit rubbery, which I found entertaining rather than annoying. Absolutely zero understeer! Could zip round any curve the Hommell put face to, and throttle out early (generally) even if I entered turns too hot. The right/left high-speed chicane at Route 246 in particular was a breeze, and I could actually take this section of the track flat-out with throttle after a momentary lapse of fuel before entering the chicane! :D

The rear is slightly raised, which seemed to cause it to swing out at times, yet in a very controllable and predictable way. The damper settings also got me out of my box. Noticed the front-end would dive right into the pool, the car would re-arrange itself mid-corner, and then feel totally confident leaving the turns. 👍 NEVER any late-corner understeer. Springs are soft, softer than I may have set them, which was fine. Again, this got me out of the box. I raised and further softened the car a bit at El Cappy, just to fly over those bumps with less flyback, but otherwise, every thing in the suspension was pure MFT. The brake tuning (5/8) was fine for the TCGP, a definate improvement over the Hommell's stock brakes, which feel a bit soggy.

I felt having full-tranny tuning would create a bit of overkill on my part for these particular races, so I just used the stock box at all tracks except Tsukuba, where I used the close box. I also didn't use the MFT LSD, but don't take offense--I only install limited-slips if I feel the car absolutely needs them. Power also varied per track. I used wing settings of 13 and 18. The Ai (Opera S2000 and others in the Tuning Grand Prix) is set with a possible maximum of 13 and 18 (I'm guessing), so that's the max I use for these particular events.

I'll try the car as a Berlinette RT tonite if I have time (all MFT settings) just 'cause I'm curious. 👍

Last edited:
Jetboy. - That's what we call the baptism of fire for the new car! I have a feeling that the handling problem has something to do with the course used for testing as it's slipping left and right in my hands there too. Grippy and planted sounds like what I was trying to achieve and it seems it turned out well. Trouble for you, I hope so! :D

Parnelli Bone - Oh yes, we have the Hommell... no idea why I decided to tune it though. But it's here and you've tested it. Soft setups tend to work quite well with light cars (logical when you think of it) and a slightly floaty feeling beats jerkiness when trying to keep it on the track. It is actually my second taking on the car as the first one didn't turn out too well, it actually turned out of the road a bit too much. You may encounter some interesting aspects of it when you go for the full downforce and power, don't be surprised it it gets a bit darty.

Thanks for both! Old rules in effect.

Jetboy. - That's what we call the baptism of fire for the new car! I have a feeling that the handling problem has something to do with the course used for testing as it's slipping left and right in my hands there too. Grippy and planted sounds like what I was trying to achieve and it seems it turned out well. Trouble for you, I hope so! :D

Parnelli Bone - Oh yes, we have the Hommell... no idea why I decided to tune it though. But it's here and you've tested it. Soft setups tend to work quite well with light cars (logical when you think of it) and a slightly floaty feeling beats jerkiness when trying to keep it on the track. It is actually my second taking on the car as the first one didn't turn out too well, it actually turned out of the road a bit too much. You may encounter some interesting aspects of it when you go for the full downforce and power, don't be surprised it it gets a bit darty.

Thanks for both! Old rules in effect.

Cool. What does old rules in effect mean?

Yea, I have a memory card with a bunch of virtual European drivers on it (to drive all the Euro cars my American & Asian drivers don't touch). I needed a French car for my French driver (Jacques Strapp ;)) and he already did the TCGP in a Clio Sport V6. I was gonna use the Renault 5 Turbo, but it doesn't have the power necessary. NExt choice: the Hommell. It has more than enough power, but since I allow my drivers full suspension & brake tuning for the Tuning Car Grand Prix, I shopped around at several tuning garages to see if anyone's got a Hommell setup. 👍

I think it's a good idea. I'll be doing more TCGPs in the future, picking cars, and seeing who's got setups for the cars I'm picking. 👍

Cool. What does old rules in effect mean?
You reviewed one, now request one. ;)

In this case, I wonder what you could cook up with a 1962 Buick Special.

Requirements: Stock weight, Sports tires, around base power or maybe nudge just a little. I'm looking to see if you can make a killer Suspension/LSD setup. ;)

Cheers,
Jetboy

You reviewed one, now request one. ;)

In this case, I wonder what you could cook up with a 1962 Buick Special.

Requirements: Stock weight, Sports tires, around base power or maybe nudge just a little. I'm looking to see if you can make a killer Suspension/LSD setup. ;)

Cheers,
Jetboy

Oh I see. I don't have anything in mind at the moment. I've been driving a Prius around in the sunday cup, but it might be kinda silly requesting MFT devotes all their attention to this virtual slug.

Then again...;)

Buick Special? No problem. It shouldn't be that hard (famous last words) to get done. And the Prius... I have an offer. How about a full power and reduced weight, downforce and S3 tyres, second generation model that retains the full hybrid drivetrain?

And the Prius... I have an offer. How about a full power and reduced weight, downforce and S3 tyres, second generation model that retains the full hybrid drivetrain?

Okay! :D I was kinda joking, but it would be nice to see the car less dopey/less entry-understeer. :) Exit understeer isn't so much of a prob with the CVT box, since it limits the amount of power being put to pavement at all times, but I've noticed with a full-custom box this becomes a prob.

Buick Special? No problem. It shouldn't be that hard (famous last words) to get done. And the Prius... I have an offer. How about a full power and reduced weight, downforce and S3 tyres, second generation model that retains the full hybrid drivetrain?

Boy,I can't wait for that.

The problem for you being that they're both private tunes. ;) Although I've considered the Prius to be a public release some day but just never got around to actually making it.

How about a JGTC killing R33, 500hp, full custom suspension, LSD & transmission, racing exhaust, flywheel, weight reduction and a spoiler? I've done three reviews already, so I'd also like a Mitsubishi Evo-based rally car capable of racing on ice (and winning the Hard races) with 350hp with full custom suspension, LSD & transmission, flywheel, weight reduction and yes, you've guessed it, a spoiler. Or if that's not possible or has been already done, do a Subaru Legacy with 350hp.

How about a JGTC killing R33, 500hp, full custom suspension, LSD & transmission, racing exhaust, flywheel, weight reduction and a spoiler? I've done three reviews already, so I'd also like a Mitsubishi Evo-based rally car capable of racing on ice (and winning the Hard races) with 350hp with full custom suspension, LSD & transmission, flywheel, weight reduction and yes, you've guessed it, a spoiler. Or if that's not possible or has been already done, do a Subaru Legacy with 350hp.

You'd put an LSD.. on a GT-R?! :scared: Please, tell me that you were playing a cruel joke on us..

And a there is one Legacy available already, and there's more to come of same sort.. kinda.. sorta.:sly: and same applies to Evos. I'm sure you can apply most of our current Evo, GT-R and Legacy settings to 300-350-500bhp cars without suffering too much.

Sorry for offending the great Leonidae...but yeah, scrap the LSD on the GT-R.

nah, you didn't offend me, but long experience with GT-R's has taught us that the GT-R's are better when LSD and VCD are left as they are, stock. As of yet, I haven't found an LSD setup that would beat the stock ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back