Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, do I miss the days of playing GT4. Man, it was so awesome, coming in here, checking out tunes, and buying a car purely to tune it as you guys said to. Shame really, that my PS3 doesn't have backwards compatibility. Sucks, but I guess it can't be helped. But, nonetheless, you guys did a fantastic job here, cranking out the tunes at top notch quality.

Can't wait to see you in GT5 guys! :sly:

you guys are sooooo rude! helpful yet rude go figure!

He obviously hasn't had to deal with me...so he doesn't know rude yet. :mischievous::lol:

:lol: Yea...mafs doesn't hold back. Have a visit over to GME, long5056.

Subaru Legacy Wagon 3.0RS

412 bhp, 474 Nm, 1258 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
VCD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 120 / 140
Bound: 4 / 8
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 2.0 / 2.5
Toe: -2 / -3
Stabilizers: 6 / 7

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 12

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.588
2nd: 2.510
3rd: 1.876
4th: 1.470
5th: 1.206
6th: 0.990
Final Gear: 3.083

Autoset 11

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

What do you feel, when you usually think of Subaru Legacy, and a Wagon/Estate at that? That's right.. It's dull, boring, yawn-inducing vehicular object for the bland masses. Even the turbocharged ones are bit wheezy and characterless. But now, there's an option. We purchased a brand new Legacy wagon, but with the boxer 6 instead of usual flat four turbo. While it seems mundane, it has unique sound, and it's eagerness to rev high was pleasant surprise. Thus, we honed it further and further until it shrieked like burning angel, developing over 400bhp. The weight was stripped off where it could be done without too many sacrafices, but the exterior was kept close to stock appearance, despite the radical changes inside and under the car.

Drive safely, and have a Happy New Year of 2010!

Mazdaspeed RX-7 Spirit R Type R '02

539 bhp, 579 Nm, 1079 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Semi-racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Sports Intercooler
FC Suspension
R1 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 7.0
Ride Height: 115 / 125
Rebound: 9 / 5
Camber: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 7 / 12

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.648
2nd: 1.852
3rd: 1.445
4th: 1.185
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.843
Final Gear: 3.650

Autoset 11

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids

The last of a long and successful line of turbocharged Wankel wonders, the RX-7 Spirit R Type A is the ultimate road going two seater to roll out of the Fuchu factory. To this day one could only wonder how good it would be in race trim. Now it's here.

Stripped of everything unnecessary, of which there wasn't much to begin with, the car is reduced to a bare bodyshell and rebuilt with racing components to a weight well below 1100 kg. The heart of it is still beating, stronger than ever, with the whistle of the sequential turbochargers echoing from the grandstands as its zooms by faster than ever. Purpose built suspension parts from Mazdaspeed keep it glued to the tarmac while the straight cut gearbox adds its effort to the concerto... noise for some, music for us. It's time to write a couple of new chapters to the book of rotary racing.

ProtoMotors Spirra MkIII '04

524 bhp, 814 Nm, 1096 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Supercharger
FC Suspension
R1 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 130 / 140
Bound: 5 / 4
Rebound: 9 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / 0
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 7 / 5

Transmission
Gear Ratios
1st: 2.805
2nd: 1.919
3rd: 1.460
4th: 1.188
6th: 0.839
Final Gear: 3.100

Autoset 13

LSD
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 10

Downforce

Driving Aids

As they say, there's no two without a third. My old Spirra MkI was a terrifying machine that killed unwary drivers left and right and the first evolution model known as the MkII wasn't much better despite losing some of the fatality. Is the third incarnation capable of claiming results instead of lives? We'll see.

Based on those old setups and being something of a cross between them with some new ideas thrown in it's still very much of an axe murderer but the swing has slowed down some, allowing a quickly acting driver to get away with it before heads roll. Just about every corner is taken at a shallow drift angle with the supercharged V8 wanting to overtake the front wheels but loose is fast and fast means results... and results is what we're after no matter what the cost. Keep your concentration, anticipate its next move, counter it in time and few others will be hanging with you through the twisties.

Last edited:
LMAO! It's going to be an MFT v GME showdown over at the TGC.....you've just pinched BOTH my TGC cars Greycap. :mischievous:

Although the specs are very different from eachother. :cool: But the colours are the exact same. :P

The spirra sure has an early peak on the tachometer, why is that? It looks like red lining that baby would not be a good option. Very Interesting.

The spirra sure has an early peak on the tachometer, why is that? It looks like red lining that baby would not be a good option. Very Interesting.

Looks like the Spirra is built for tight, technical circuts while the Mazda is a more high-speed kind of car...

Supercharging is simply the smartest way to go with the Spirra, the other option is the NA tune which gives far less low range power and just the same high range power (and costs some five times as much) with a narrower powerband so it's pretty much a win-win situation when choosing the blower. Turbocharging would be the ideal thing to do but it's not possible in this game. Redlining is the fastest way forward although it doesn't seem sensible when looking at the graph. I tried.

No, we're not gone yet. We've just been digging our back burners and find out if some cars are ready to be revealed. Tomorrow, you will receive first half of new pair.

Mugen S2000 TC '03

466 bhp, 393 Nm, 1079 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Turbo Kit Stage 3
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.5 / 6.0
Ride Height: 115 / 125
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 6 / 9

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.918
2nd: 1.953
3rd: 1.500
4th: 1.200
6th: 0.820
Final Gear: 4.500

Autoset 19

LSD
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Downforce

Driving Aids

Everyone interested in Hondas knows the S2000 and everyone interested in S2000's knows the flaming red Mugen version of it. However, what remains as a well kept secret is that Mugen had plans for a far more aggressive race bred edition based on the '03 Spec V. Somehow they managed to retain the high revving nature of the engine while bolting a turbo on the side (don't ask me how they managed to retain the non-existent torque too) to reach power levels unseen before. The said power finds its way to the tarmac through a JGTC-spec NSX gearbox and a surprisingly open differential ensures that there won't be unnecessary restrictions during cornering. With the weight being kept very low by concentrating only on the essentials the car has turning abilities usually only matched by mid-engined racers but unfortunately lacks the last edge of grunt to keep up with them on the straights. And people thought Honda had given up on the sports front when the production of the NSX was ceased... well, maybe in design but not in capability. This isn't a hairdresser's cars, this is a hair raising car.

Mazdaspeed RX-8 SSC

469 bhp, 425 Nm, 1113 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Supercharger
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 110 / 135
Bound: 8 / 4
Rebound: 10 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 2.3
Toe: -2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 7

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 8

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.982
2nd: 2.100
3rd: 1.630
4th: 1.308
5th: 1.059
6th: 0.892
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 13

LSD
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 10

Downforce

Driving Aids

Mazda RX-8 Type S was the top model of Mazda's rotary lineup. It handled brilliantly, sounded good and had fuel cut at over 9000. It also has modern looking chassis with small suicide doors. But there was only one thing.. Well, honestly speaking, there was two things wrong with it. The lack of power and torque of the naturally aspirated RENESIS-engine held the performance back at modest levels. And when we finally got this car in our garage, first thing we did was slap on a rather unusual cure on the side of the engine - A supercharger. It's not too common solution for a rotary engine, as most of the tuners prefer turbochargers for their bigger gains, but they also inherited incredibly peaky engine. Supercharger cured the biggest problem of the high-revving naturally aspirated Wankel engine - The utter lack of low down torque. It also delivered pleasant amount of horses around peak RPMs, and once we were happy with the engine, we did our usual magic to the chassis, suspension etc. And I can proudly say, that it's first car from me for a long time that has actually beaten it's counterpart on track. Have fun!

Last edited:
Leo,

Are you sure you got the tire specs right on the Mazda RX-8? I've tried it with the S3 tires and it is like trying to drive on ice. Not good.:nervous: I did see that on the banners on page one it is listed as Racing tires for this car.

You can expect to see a review of this RX-8 and the other torqueless terror soon. I am however going to drive them both with R3's.

Regards,
Too Old

Somehow they managed to retain the high revving nature of the engine while bolting a turbo on the side (don't ask me how they managed to retain the non-existent torque too) to reach power levels unseen before.

That is Honda blasphemy! :lol:

Leo,

Are you sure you got the tire specs right on the Mazda RX-8? I've tried it with the S3 tires and it is like trying to drive on ice. Not good.:nervous: I did see that on the banners on page one it is listed as Racing tires for this car.

You can expect to see a review of this RX-8 and the other torqueless terror soon. I am however going to drive them both with R3's.

Regards,
Too Old

Oops.. You're right, they indeed are meant to be R3's. My bad.. *fixes the error*

Good to hear. If you can, could you try to describe good and bad sides of the car?

Here is my review of the “Mazdaspeed RX8 SSC ’03.”
It understeers, it oversteers, it spins out at the slightest provocation, but still, will consistently outrun the “Mugen S2000 TC ‘03” on every track I tried. The car never seemed to be settled or balanced. It always seemed to be on a knife’s edge looking for a way to unseat the driver.
It only requires one thing and that is perfection. Hit your line into the corner correctly and at the correct speed and you get rewarded with a beautiful, fast lap. If you hit the curb sometimes you will survive but not if you drop a wheel into the sand or grass. They are guaranteed to spin you out.
The car predominaty understeers. When you turn into a corner it understeers, as soon as you let off the gas , downshift , or brake it goes into oversteer. Since it doesn’t go where you plan it is easy to misjudge and miss your line. If you miss see above. I drive with the d-pad controllers, it may be that with the wheel the steering inputs would be more gradual and eliminate some of the understeer.
The brakes seem to be well balanced. They don’t upset the car and if applied before the turn , stop you in a straight line.
The gearbox does take some getting used to. It seems to be set up long. Corners usually taken in third gear with other cars, will be taken in second gear with this car. I do think that the gearbox is set up this way because of the engine’s high rpm torque and horsepower peaks. At the end of the GVS main straight the car isn’t fully wound out. I am not saying the car is slow however, the top speed at the test track is 192 mph.
Al l in all an interesting and complicated car to review. In spite of the above criticisms, the car is fast. In my experience it will deliver a 6’ 50 time at the Nurburgring. I know that there is a bunch of time left on the table with that time. I expect some of the better drivers will get into the 6’30 range or quicker. I also suspect that I am just not a good enough driver to really push the car to its limits. I can only reach my limit, not the car’s. I think the car should have at least a Pro skill level badge.

Here is my review for the “Mugen S2000 TC ‘03.”
This car is entirely different from the Mazda. It goes where aimed, it will allow some off track excursions, and in general is just easier to drive. The brakes work well, there really isn’t much to critique on this car. At Nurburgring it laps, (in my less than capable hands) at 6’ 57.
The gearbox seems to be a good fit for the car. This car is also fast with a top speed of 186 mph. The car’s more consistent than the Mazda. You can take the final turn onto the main straight at GVS wide open with either car, but it is easier with the S2000. At the end of the straight, the sharp right can be taken in third gear with a gradual drift to the outside. It is controllable and repeatable. Then you can go wide open until the hairpin.
This is a nice tune on the Honda S2000.
Now for a comparison between the two.
Honda Mazda
400 Meter 12.1 sec. 11.4 sec
Top Speed 186 mph 192 mph
Horsepower 466 469
Torque 289 313
Weight 1079 1113
Miles Driven 240 350

As you can see everything appears to be pretty even. However the 400 meter time of 11.4 sec. in favor of the Honda, along with the higher top speed is in my opinion, the key difference between the cars’ on track performance.
Nurburgring 6’57 6’52
GVS 1’48 1’47
El Capitan 1’41 1’40
Autumn Ring 1’15 1’14
As you can see the RX-8 always wins. I even tried using BOB on the ‘ring with both cars set on 5. (My BOB is pretty well trained for a total idiot) The times were right in line with mine, he ran the ‘ring in 7’08 with the Honda and 7’01 with the Mazda.
Now with all the number out of the way it is obvious that the Mazda is quicker all across the board. If you would notice one thing though, the number of miles driven. It took over 100 extra miles to get the times posted.
I believe that the Mazda is quicker, but in an endurance type race the Honda just might win because of the ease of driving factor. Even if the Mazda did win, the Honda driver would be much fresher at the end of the race than the Mazda driver, due entirely to stress.

Regards,
Too Old

Last edited:
Yea no kidding! You interested judging a bunch of cars, Too Old? Serious and for real-like. We need a judge. :drool: PM sent...

Just don't steal all our reviewers. They're rare as hens teeths these days.

That's a very proper review indeed. I'll reply to the Honda part and leave the Mazda to Leonidae, save for a few remarks as I've driven both.

The main reason to the S2000 being more civilized and calm is the fact that it suffers for such a severe lack of torque that there just isn't grunt to make life interesting. Sure, the Mazda doesn't have much more but it has more anyway and it's applied without turbo lag that hampers the Honda quite a bit. Had I had the power I'd have given it a far more torquey engine, now it's even too tame for my own liking but the available power reserve doesn't allow for more. The chassis can take far more than the engine has to give. Quite ironic that you mentioned an endurance race as it's a further evolution version of my Honda S2000 Type R (also found in the list) that was made as an all out reliable endurance racer. I guess something of the old setup shines through.

Comparing the cars I wouldn't say the Mazda is half as hard to drive as you make it seem, admittedly it's a bit more lively but it's still very much an Advanced level car because, like the Honda, it has grip to handle way more power than what it has. Pro level cars are those I crash routinely during testing when looking for the limits and neither of these belongs in that class.

The old system is still in effect, review a car and you earn the right to request one setup. Private messages are accepted. 👍

The Mazdaspeed RX8 SSC ’03 is surprisingly fast. I tested it around Laguna Seca first, and i managed a 1'19.893 (I clocked a couple of faster laps, but the game didn't record them, i must've went out of the track boundaries...). I also managed to get it around Twin Ring Motegi - Road course in 1'47. Thats only 6 seconds off my TommyKaira ZZII time, and that has double the power. I managed to get it around the Nurburgring in 6'28.127 (After around 10 tries...). I have no doubt it is possible to reach around 6'20, i made a few minor mistakes on my lap which will have added up. This lap was quicker that the lap i managed in your MFT Z-486 SC'03, though i can't remember how much time i spent on that car.

As Too Old rightly says, this car understeers a lot, so you have to get your lines and entry speeds just right. If you take the wrong approach/line into the corner, you're off, understeering wide onto the grass and into the barrier. Even when you do get the right line, entry speed, you have to wait, this car understeers under any amount of throttle (Just like any car really :dopey:, but because this car is understeery anyway you have to be extra careful with the throttle on the exit). There isn't enough power for the wheels to spin under acceleration. If you brake/slow down too much, you get a lot of oversteer so you will spin (After a bit of practice with the car i found i began to predict when it was on the limit, so it became easy to correct). I also agree the car should be upped to Pro, this car has a very fine limit, which when you hit it is fantastic, but it takes a skilled driver to keep it on those limits consistently.

It's not much of a review, because Too Old said all that needed to be said to be fair. :)

Thanks for the reviews. As you guys said, it's surprisingly fast for the torqueless wonder that it is. I tuned this car for the original tuner garage challenge, but opted the Z instead ( which was a mistake :ouch:). As Greycap said, this car lacks the turbo lag, which indeed makes it bit more edgy when you apply throttle. If anyone's interested, I could pm a setup that was made for the base model. While it lacks power and torque on medium/big tracks, on smaller tracks it's agility ( on S3's ) was very entertaining and enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back