GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 Final Week: Classic Honda Challenge

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 380 comments
My times:

1'21.276

1'40.230

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B1366A9EF02.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 5
  • UCES01245RPLY-B1366A9EF03.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Gonna have to take the penalty for the Week 2 Challenges. Just had too much things going on this week. Work as usual, 2 mid semester exams, a lab practical and my company was showcasing our product at a technology expo this weekend which had me even busier. Then spent all Saturday doing work on my car. So yeah...just too busy to pick up my PSP. :indiff:

Definitely won't be missing week 3 though.

Ok guys, I'll have everything updated before the end of the day. Hope you're ready for what I feel is one of the hardest challenges yet!

Glubags, go ahead and give me the penalty time, didn't get to play at all this week. Thing were too crazy at work, only got like 20 hours of sleep this week so needless to say yesterday didn't even exist for me.

See everyone on the next track!

The 'Ring? :nervous:

I don't think Glu is making us do Nurburgring for this season (he gave the estimated overall time for the series back during the practice session). I'm guessing that we're either running Suzuka Circuit or Laguna Seca. Why do I say those two? Because both are fairly difficult and challenging...

I guess we'll find out for sure in about ten hours!

Leaderboards updated!

Pitch, Easyblast, and Detroit have held their respective positions on the podiums in each championship.

Big congrats to barny0111 for making the biggest leap in the overall standings from 6th to 4th. He's got some very close competition in the individual leaderboards now; only 0.070 separates him from 4th place in the stock leaderboard, and only 0.023 from 4th in the race leaderboard!

Challenge #3 begins tomorrow, and it's not very forgiving! We'll be heading to Opera Paris / Reverse in the Clio cars. The track will throw you in many places if you're not careful.

Due to the nature of this circuit, you guys should feel free to use as much of the tarmac and rumble strips as possible without hitting the walls. Don't worry about tires crossing lines here--just don't hit the wall and the lap will be considered clean.

Opera (reverse) should be quite a challenge for me - I've only run that course going forward... and only did so maybe 2 or 3 times on this PSP version.

:)

Cheers Glubags , As were all figuring out, lap times can be determined by how much time we can put in. I had no time in my first week to put any laps in.
This week though I managed some kick @ss laptimes similar to pitch, but always with one wheel off the track. Well done to the others too, good lap times.

[...] I'm guessing that we're either running Suzuka Circuit or Laguna Seca. Why do I say those two? Because both are fairly difficult and challenging...
I was hoping not those ones (nor Tsukuba) : already done and would have looked like a "remake" of previous seasons... I knew it would be an urban one and Glu loves challenges => 90° turns and walls for two get-easilly-excited-cars => jackpot => urban challenge ! So I narrowed it to New York or Paris (seattle might be better for another car), and more Paris cause more difficult with its two different tarmacs, and so much more difficult turns ! Plus : french cars in Paris !

[...]
Big congrats to barny0111 for making the biggest leap in the overall standings from 6th to 4th. He's got some very close competition in the individual leaderboards now; only 0.070 separates him from 4th place in the stock leaderboard, and only 0.023 from 4th in the race leaderboard!
👍 barny0111 !

Challenge #3 begins tomorrow, and it's not very forgiving! We'll be heading to Opera Paris / Reverse in the Clio cars. The track will throw you in many places if you're not careful.

Due to the nature of this circuit, you guys should feel free to use as much of the tarmac and rumble strips as possible without hitting the walls. Don't worry about tires crossing lines here--just don't hit the wall and the lap will be considered clean.
Understood ! And great combo 👍 !

Good luck guys !

EDIT : I have a clio in the top right of my GTP page, is that a coincidence or you did it Glubags ???

You. Are. Evil.

Did I mention I frequent Paris Reverse? And love setting up evil RWDs for stability? :lol: I'm head-and-shoulders below the podium at 4th, but I guess just a hair ahead of barny001. You've built this time attack special, just for me, and I'm going to put in a LOT more time.

Well well well, Detroitbb I can hear your engine yelling at my ears !!! Espacially in the stock car Championship : a tiny small +00.092 !!! 👍

So, good luck Detroitbb ;) ! I'll try to resist to the pressure and put more effort in the stock ! This season is also about tactic... ;) !

Good luck to you guys too !

Hi ! Ran my 5 laps test with both cars :

Stock : 1'46.357
Race : 1'29.903

A lot of improvement can be done here so very difficult to know what would be the best times range !... I tuned both of them just after the first lap cause I spent more time on walls than on tarmac lol !

Have a nice day guys !

I have a clio in the top right of my GTP page, is that a coincidence or you did it Glubags ???
Haha, just coincidence. I've got an old Corvette. ;)

And yep, French car in Paris was the idea!

I can't find the sheet I had with all my times, and my PSP is at home, but I recall running 3 very touchy laps here in each car with a quite slow combined time. Had I been a competitor this season, this would be one of those challenges that I put hundreds of laps into, like the NSX challenge at Laguna Seca in Season 2. 👍

LOL ! I still have the Blue Clio ;) !

I just ran 20 laps with the stock and was able to reduce my time to 1'45.437. I think I'll be in the 1'44.xxx and maybe in the 1'43.9xx... I think I have found a quite good tuning for the stock but it isn't excellent : still some car's behaviour I can't "correct", I will have to adapt... I'll stick with the stock for a while cause it is very difficult to handle in comparaison to the Race Car and I have Detroitbb honking at me with his stock cars ;) !

Have a nice day guys !

Last edited:
I'm really proud of my time with the racing car, but I don't want to give it away just yet.

One funny thing, though: The standard tune seems to have too little traction. My solution? Less rear downforce, no rear toe. Of course!

It's just crazy enough to work. Or at least fail hilariously.

I haven't been able to put much time in this week. Ive done some laps with the stock car, thats about it, I got a 1'47.xxx. This track and car is a real challenge, that's for sure. Good job in picking this one Glubags. Maybe I'll get some time in tomorrow. 👍

I had a problem with my screen so had it changed, ran few laps, saw small improvements with the stock car so I decided to run the race car and bam! screen is blue and then nothing... Went back to the place and... I'll have my psp back tomorrow...

Have a nice day !

My PSP has finally died. Well, it boots up and displays everything onscreen, but the wiring is seriously ****ed up - it registers as if I am pressing in a certain direction when I am not. I tried replacing the analog stick (I have two reserve ones) and cleaning the contact points for the stick and digital pad. That had no effect. So then I took out the stick and digital pad (so one would think that it wouldn't move the cursor at all) and the problem persisted - that's when I knew it was the wiring.

I thought that I'd just borrow my son's PSP and throw my memory stick into his unit so I could continue the season... but PD, in their infinite wisdom, won't allow a save to be loaded on any PSP except for the system it was first created on.

UGH.

So, as it stands now - I'm out. I may try to see if my boy will let me use his PSP on Friday and Saturday nights after he has gone to sleep (he stays with me on the weekends). That way, I could continue to participate in this season. If I did that, I would need to run a boatload of laps at the Test Track and try to buy the remaining cars... which would seriously cut into my very limited time to actually run the Time Attack challenges.

So, this is a sad in Detroit. My little buddy was less than a week away from his 5th birthday. The good ones always die young... :(

restinpeacee.jpg

Think I'm done with the stock - 1'43.9xx.

Detroit... sorry man, that sucks. You're a good competitor, try to make a plan.

I had a problem with my screen so had it changed, ran few laps, saw small improvements with the stock car so I decided to run the race car and bam! screen is blue and then nothing... Went back to the place and... I'll have my psp back tomorrow...

Have a nice day !

awesome!! blue screened a psp...lol

Sorry to hear that Detroit :(

On another note, I am selling my PSPGo. I don't myself really using my GO that much anymore and actually I am using the money to buy myself a Logitech G27 Wheel for GT5. I'll still be active from time to time but no more challenges.

Pity your selling the Go. Looks like people are dropping like flies here. Good choice of wheel though, plus if your serious about racing, buy the Obutto racing seat. The 2 were made for each other. See you on GT5 towards the end of the year.

Back on topic, I still haven't been able to put much time in this, too busy. Maybe tonight i'll try for some reasonable times.

I know, I thought I could be more active since I wasn't hosting anymore. But school is taking most of my time these days. As for the racing seat suggestion, I already have a Cobra Racing Seat from autocrossing with my 350z. Just need to find the time and funds to build a rig lol.

Back