GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 Final Week: Classic Honda Challenge

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 380 comments
I have my psp back ! I ran few laps, finally managed to reduce my overall time to 3'10.xxx !

I'll keep at it tonight !

I'm hoping to use my son's PSP after he goes to bed tonight so I can at least get a submission for each car (though I won't be competitive). I'm trying hard to stay in this series... I love it too much!

Real sorry to hear about your PSP Detroitbb. :indiff: Good to see you're still toughing it out and managing to stay in the series.

I think I'm done though. Just not finding myself with enough time to commit to testing and tuning 2 cars every week so rather than stay in and be rushing to turn in an uncompetitive time I think it's best to step out.

I hope you'll do amazing times Detroitbb 👍 !!!

Have a great quality time with your son, lucky you ;) !

EDIT : slims !!! Stay please !!! Who knows ??? Please don't give up !!!

Last edited:
I'm hoping to use my son's PSP after he goes to bed tonight so I can at least get a submission for each car (though I won't be competitive). I'm trying hard to stay in this series... I love it too much!

Didn't you confiscate his PSP, because of some random excuse and give it back once youv'e sent in your la........I mean once he's learned his lesson. :sly:

Ha ha ha

:)

I was able to get a decent, clean lap in the stock car. Now I just need to get a clean (and preferably fast) lap with the stock car!

Sheesh, this season is losing competitors quickly... guess the new format is more participation-prohibitive than I thought it'd be. :dunce:

What about adding a point system for next season... or even this one ?

just did a 1'43.583 and then I saw a yellow sparkle...

I didn't race in the first two Time Attack Challenges so I do not have any point of reference, but I kinda like this format......even if I don't always have enough time to run fast/clean laps in both cars.

I end up spending my week doing a few laps here and there in one of the two cars. Only to wake up Saturday and not have a lap worth submitting. I spend my Saturday mornings getting caught up with the one car I didn't race all week.

I do enjoy this format though.....points are cool, but I think looking at the time difference helps you more accurately judge how fast you are compared to the competition.

I started racing at 8 pm last night after I bought both cars... and I continued until 4 am. I really started to hit my stride by 2:30 am and was totally in the zone from 3 am on. I should mention that my son's PSP has it's original analog stick and it's super smooth. It is so much more responsive and I can actually achieve better laps with it. My PSP was on it's third replacement stick and the Chinese knockoffs vary in quality from 'acceptable' to 'worst piece of crap ever made'. Having a smooth analog stick is heaven for racing!

I laid down what I felt was a blisteringly fast lap in the stock car even though I missed two braking points and had to swing wide. If I was able to clean up those two mistakes, I think it might be possible to run a 1'43.0xx.

With the race car, I had two laps that were 2 to 3 tenths faster than my submitted lap. Problem is, both had one spark as I went down the last, little straight just before the chicanes (which are themselves just before the finish line). Both instances felt clean as my car just was a bit too far on the right side and slightly scraped the wall. As it stands though, I am still pleased with the time I am finally submitting today.

Stock: 1'43.201

stocks.jpg

Race: 1'26.546

racebl.jpg

Total time: 3'09.747

👍

I'm glad to still be able to participate but... man, I'm tired today! I know I'll sleep well tonight!

Last edited:
Race car : 1'26:508

Stock car : 1'43:264

Total : 3'09:772

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BA99BEEF600.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BA99BEEF602.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 5
Nice work Detroitbb. I haven't had the time this week again. I've bee far too busy. But here are my submissions none the less.

1'44.831

1'28.097

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BA99BEEF600.zip
    55.1 KB · Views: 5
  • UCES01245RPLY-BA99BEEF601.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 5
Thanks, Barny!

:)

Pitch... what happened? How is it possible that I ran a faster lap than you?!? Did you just not have much time to race this week?

:confused:

Wow, some fast times are up! I was really proud of my 1:26.632 with the race car, and yet I see a .508 here!

I am impressed. 👍

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BA99BEEF600.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 6
I am cutting it close again tonight. And for what....to be shown how it is done by the rest of you....very fun though.

Stock 1'43.895
picture.php
[/IMG]

Race 1'27.638
picture.php
[/IMG]

Total: 3'11.533 (i think)

Hi guys ! Thought I wouldn't make it for the deadline (just after having back my psp, last minute business trip, left friday afternoon and just came back -sunday lunchtime- and had internet but no psp)

So here it is :

Stock : 1'43.719 (Now Detroitbb is very happy ;) and speaking frankly I don't think if I would have been able to do better so congrats 👍 !)

Race : 1'26.510 (I'm pretty sure I could have done better but not really my week for playing psp !)

See you next challenge guys !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BA99BEEF603.rar
    53.8 KB · Views: 7
  • UCES01245RPLY-BA99BEEF604.rar
    54.3 KB · Views: 5
Pitch... what happened? How is it possible that I ran a faster lap than you?!? Did you just not have much time to race this week?

:confused:

Yes, not too much time but especially I hate the clio stock and I am not has my ease on the urban circuits. Thus I have to manage the advance on this round.

Yes, not too much time but especially I hate the clio stock and I am not has my ease on the urban circuits. Thus I have to manage the advance on this round.

Opera has to be the bumpiest track in the game! I had a tough time trying to make my cars absorb all the bumps and tarmac elevation differences.

You sure did a great job Detroitbb !!! 👍

My tuning for the stock was ok but I didn't know how to make it better and then no psp or no time to play ! I now regret giving a shot to the JGTC challenge while not having a better time with both cars... I thought I would have time...

Now I am in big trouble for the stock car championship AND the overall championship...

@ Glubags : I really love this format because it is more challenging and we have more time to play with both cars. With a three days format, if we are too busy, we could miss one challenge whereas with the actual format you have more days to give it a shot !

So why not just add a point system to the actual format ? For example, in this challenge, PiTch_ finished 1st and 2nd, Detroitbb 3rd and 1st, me 2nd and 3rd, overheating 4th and 4th, barny0111 5th and 5th so you could add points accordingly... What do you think ? It is just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Ok guys, all leaderboards have been updated.

Congrats to Detroitbb both for overtaking easyblast for 2nd place in the Stock Car Championship and for running the fastest stock lap in Challenge #3, narrowing Pitch's lead!

The race between Overheating and Barny for 5th in the Race Car Championship is very tight, with only 46 thousandths of a second separating the two.

Challenge #4 will take place at Infineon / Forward! I found my notecard with my times after 3 laps with each car, and my (very) rough Overall time for this track is 3'50.170. Tuning the Stock car will be especially important, as it is quite tail-happy throughout this undulating course. Good luck guys!

So why not just add a point system to the actual format ? For example, in this challenge, PiTch_ finished 1st and 2nd, Detroitbb 3rd and 1st, me 2nd and 3rd, overheating 4th and 4th, barny0111 5th and 5th so you could add points accordingly... What do you think ? It is just a suggestion.
This actually sounds like a good idea. Take the positions, add their numerical value, and score it from Lowest (First) to Highest (Last). It offers much more room for ties/draws/people holding the same overall position, but that could be sorted somehow...

Ouch :ouch:! Detroitbb is on fire 👍 !

Ouch :ouch:! I don't really know Infineon, just ran it till S-class and never ran again :scared:...

Glu', I'am scared man :nervous:...

ha ha, take a chill pill easyblast ;). Confucius say 'a clean mind will produce clean laps'. 👍 And I'm interested in this point system thing too, if it can be done. Not that I would be up the list, but it sounds good.

:lol: ! We do have a chill beer though (carlsberg) :cheers: ! Well I did my 5 laps tests at lunchtime :

stock :yuck: : 2'05.816
race :)👍: 1'41.121

overall : 3'46.937

BTW Glubags, red cones = walls = no touch at all ! right ? Or we can push them a little ?

Have a nice day guys !

Back