GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 Final Week: Classic Honda Challenge

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 380 comments
Even though some are retiring, you guys are still having one strong competition. Glad to see the new folks, keeping up with the old ones ;)

lol total name change for niigaki... all right then!

So my friend in Nashville got me to jump on board with iRacing last week... he and his uncle in Texas and a few other guys have started a racing league and asked me to join. We had a practice race last week using the old Lotus 79 F1 car at the Daytona Road Course. I won that one by over a minute and twenty seconds--almost lapped the whole field. Then we had our first real race of the season last night using these little Legends cars on a short oval track.

I ran fastest in practice, got pole in qualifying, and led 49 of 50 laps. Had a little oversteer exiting one corner and got passed on the straight, then passed him cleanly in the next corner and stayed there. Having no racing incidents (wall contact, car contact, loss of control, etc.) made me quite satisfied with myself. I missed running the fastest lap of the race by a few thousandths. Very intense stuff. Next Monday we'll be running the Pontiac Solstice at Laguna Seca... all my GT experience is definitely paying off. 👍

Haha, yeah I am retiring niigaki for good. So all future PS3 online play will be done under my new PSN and GT5 will be done with GTP_ tag if I qualify for the GTP Registry. But yeah dude, autocross and track time is a blast for sure. Too bad your S2000 isn't ready yet, that thing is gonna be a f------- beast haha.

GTP Registry?

Ah, nvm, I see what you're talking about over on the GT5P board. Do you know if they're going to create a new qualifying setup for GT5 and start a brand new GTP Registry or are they just going to carry members over and use the same GT5P qualifier?

Last edited:
I have no idea, only last night was the first time I really started reading the threads about the registry. Honestly, I don't wanna be one of those members who just has the tag for no reason. I know their is a real reason why people have the GTP Tag in the registry. I get my G27 tomorrow, and I need to buy one of the adapters from one of the GTP members who makes them so I can attach my Nardi Steering Wheel onto the new G27.

[...] We had a practice race last week using the old Lotus 79 F1 car at the Daytona Road Course. I won that one by over a minute and twenty seconds--almost lapped the whole field. Then we had our first real race of the season last night using these little Legends cars on a short oval track.

I ran fastest in practice, got pole in qualifying, and led 49 of 50 laps. [...] all my GT experience is definitely paying off. 👍

Great job Glubags !!! You are so lucky to be able to run in real ! And you are gifted man !

I'm itching to run my first laps with these cars... only three more days to go until I try them out!

I do love competition and I feel a little bit guilty running while knowing you can't. So to be fair, I just ran the 5 laps test with each car and then did other things like test drive for money (have almost all the cars but still have to buy the most expensive ones...), update the times in my website and change the garage page from a simple list to one table with the cars we used + the track and Time Attack link in order to have a quicker way to find the Time record according to one combo, and did the Stock + Race/Rally/Tuned list.

But I'll have to start running tonight cause it looks like I might have to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday...

So good luck guys ! Have a nice day !

hello everyone, as you may know i havent be here to race all the tracks with you guys , but i want to ask if i can get into this hot lap challenge, i didnt start with the first race because the lack of time, i get some job done and i have a little room to impruve my driving skills, mainly because i need to, well you see,all of you may know the wcg gaming championship,
this next season will feature fm3, (forza of course), i hate it but there isnt any gt academy in my country, and the only console that have the rigths to wcg unfortunatly is xbox, i been doing some practice over fm3, and it was amazing how the gt training can get you on the stupid forza, i discover that you can be a better forza driver if you are trained by gran turismo practicing and stuff, of course the i have all driving challenges in gold and that give you some skill over forza weird turning steer, it also helps you to manage understeer over forza and a plenty lot of thing , i just heard this week that the inscriptions are open, and i ask to a friend to give a try on the forza, he was impress, first time doing forza and i made incredible times with the mclaren f1 car on the nurburgring, and then i realize that there is this guys on the gt planet that make faster laps and here i am, for start i made:

1:42 246 lexus racing version(so far i only make my try on the racing version of the car)

so far i make around 20 to 30 laps over infineon , so guys you say ,may i get into this one to see what my real limits are?

そおですかあきらさん。forzaだいきら。がんべってね!

Akira, you can definitely join. I'll have to go back and figure up the penalty times for the first three challenges, but that won't be hard. It'll practically guarantee you'll be in last place, though, and with only these two challenges left, it seems hard to make up time... but your lap times will be a great addition to the mix!

そおですかあきらさん。forzaだいきら。がんべってね!
はいforzaきらいですほんとにきらいです。ても、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、
おもしろいじゃないですか!。

After about 10 laps in the race version and 20 - 25 laps in the stock version (hey, it's slippery - give me a break!), I have some preliminary times...

Stock: 2'03.7xx

Race: 1'40.6xx

Well, that depends on how many laps he usually runs a day ;) ! A few laps for him could be a lot for us :lol:! I'm kidding !

He is one of those guy who can "feel" cars : has the right tuning almost immediately and is fast with it in a short notice ! Like symbiosis between cars and driver if you like or The Car Whisperer ;)!

Let see what he can do when he's got time to play :nervous: !

"few laps" mean +/- 10 laps.

for now I make 2'02.0xx with 5 more laps.

Edit : 2 laps with the race car without tunning 1'39.315

Last edited:
for now I make 2'02.0xx with 5 more laps.

Edit : 2 laps with the race car without tunning 1'39.315

You're about a 1.5 seconds faster than me in the stock IS 200... and about a full second faster in the race car!

👍

306z.jpg

Latest Posts

Back