Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The '05 Mustang GT in GT5:P also has very little ability to put power to the ground, maybe it's a fair depiction of the real thing? To a degree.......

The '05 Mustang GT in GT5:P also has very little ability to put power to the ground, maybe it's a fair depiction of the real thing? To a degree.......

It seems to be. Both my Mustangs (the GT500 & GT500KR) have trouble getting the power to the ground, but 800Nm+ does do that. :cool:

Apparently in real life, the GT500's tyre size is too small for the amount of power that it's generating and it gets worse as you go up to GT500KR & Super Snake.

No it's not a fair depiction of the real thing. Not at all. PD dropped the ball on that one. I've driven the real Mustang, accelerated it hard, too (customer won't know this, lol) and it's nothing like the game.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/04q4/ford_mustang_gt-road_test/performance_page_2

Sixty mph is yours in 5.2 seconds, 0.3 second quicker than the old five-speed GT and identical to the performance of a 305-hp, 32-valve Mach 1. One hundred mph looms large in 13.2 seconds, a 1.7-second improvement over the old GT. And the quarter-mile is history in 13.8 seconds at 102 mph.

As seen above, magazine & online tests rate the real '05 Mustang GT going from zero to 60 in the mid-fives. My test with the Mustang GT rated zero to 60 mph in about 6.9 seconds with S2 tires, which is pathetic. In comparison, the BMW M3, '00 Cobra Mustang R, Camaro Z/28, and many many others have similar zero to 60 mph times from real-life or in the game (with S2 tires). So PD screwed up.

My opinion is when GT4 was released, the D2C Mustang hadn't hit the market yet. GT4 came out in early 2004, while the new Mustang didn't get released until the fall of 2004 in America. Therefore, PD had nothing to base their virtual Mustang from yet (except its looks).

Last edited:
I have been following this site for some time now and I have to say I am very impressed with the level of professionalism and help you all give. After a few years away I decided to purchase a PS2 and GT4 again and found my skills somewhat lacking (especially in the tuning department) so I turned to MFT to get some tunings. All i can say is WOW, very professional and nice info on the cars, I have tried quite a few tunings and my performance on the track has increased ten fold especialy on the Green Hell. Nice work guys and keep the cars coming:tup:

Jenco

MFT TVR Cerbera CS’97

Cerberus.jpg
Cerberus, as illustrated by Gustave Doré in Dante's Divina Commedia
"Cerberus, (pronounced /ˈsɜrb(ə)rəs/; Greek form: Κέρβερος, [ˈkerberos])
in Greek and Roman mythology, is a multi-headed hound (usually three-headed)
which guards the gates of Hades,
to prevent those who have crossed the river Styx
from ever escaping."

The three headed underdog?
I have to remind that my passion for GT4 surfaced again mainly because of the original Cerbera and because of the lack of tuning time I headed to the MFT shop, and.. Well, you’ll find out soon what happened. The stock TVR has always made me think first about it’s design. A modern sports car made to look both “ancient” and futuristic at the same time. I think TVR’s design department has brilliantly succeeded in Cerbera’s lines and shapes. Just a glimpse and it’s obvious that beneath the calm skin lies a fierce beast just waiting the unleashing. There is just one thing I wonder. Why is there such a silence around this superb grand tourer? Time to wake up people!

The MFT-experience – Cerberus reborn
According to older myths, there was no three headed beast. The monster hound had fifty heads and it is here, now! Naturally, my test with it began at Grand Valley Speedway. The warm up laps around the course were really sweaty. My thoughts were mixing and maxing up. “Oh God this is divine!” Followed by: ”Oh nooo! There’s no time to pray!” I had these kind of emotions ages ago in GT4. Knowing what the target time was, I was devastated but also euforic at the same time. Perhaps you actually have to have Hades-kind of powers over this dog.
IMG0008.JPG

Gradually the car started to reveal it’s mind fields. A tenth of a second off the time here and there. And a second off there! Eventually I managed to practice more ninja-like maneuvers: later, deeper braking and smoother throttle control from out of corners. GVS is a fantastic place to test a car. I would describe it having “A Big Air”. And this car needs a lot of it. Fantastic long sweeps, elevation changes and those long blind tunnel sections.
The word of the day is “dare”. You have to be able to dare with this car or it will bite your cheeks off. But reckless, cocky driving only fills the cockpit with hands and legs (pieces of them).
The second gear is the bliss of this machine. It solves almost every corner in your life. Dare to throttle steer! First gently, find the sweet spot, and after that there’s only one direction, floor it down! The grip of the rear generates miles of smiles and tears the clouds off the sky making the world a better place, at least for a while.

The understeer hell..
..is absent. Of course, you can find under steer even from your cat if you want. But in general this is a very balanced supercar with a race car twist. The understeer can be avoided quite easily. Even in relatively high speeds changing to the earlier mentioned second gear may help the car turn if the third one wants you to get straight to Elysian Fields. Yes, properly tuned gear ratios can save lives.

High speed braking, downforce and grip
I’m not going to explain braking in normal situations because there is no “normal situations” with this car. If you want to go Sunday driving, do it with Mazda Lantis ;) or with some other similiar piece of crap. But if you insist going to ”blueberry hill” with your girl using the Cerb, you don’t need any brakes. The wings will do the braking for you. Okay?
Certain situations can be found at tracks like La Sarthe or Nürburgring Nordschleife where you can easily reach 300 kph. At those speeds the immense front end grip may cause unpleasant surprises during braking. As I said earlier, the car performs almost like a race car so the rear end could become quite nervous when the front tires start biting if the car isn’t heading straight. For example, downhill sections and flying over crests could cause serious problems if the approach line and/or brake timing is wrong.
IMG0007.JPG

MFT-tune test7.JPG
The brakes should be used wisely especially at Nordschleife. There you can so easily brake too much and therefore it could occur to you that maybe the braking force should be reduced. That however would change the character of the car which is not a good thing at all. Therefore, the only thing you should change in the car is your own character.
The MFT Cerbera is my favourite car at the moment at Nürburgring and sub 6’20 times are more than possible with it there. It feels almost like the car was born at the green hell. The suspension setting is very forgiving and can handle most of the bumbs and kerbs. But what really amazes me lap after lap is the insane cornering speed it provides.

Circuit de la Sarthe, the third testing ground
I was only free lapping but it came very quickly clear what this car can have here, Big Air! Immediately after the corner leading to the longest stretch the car was ready to conquer the Mulsanne straight. I believe it could reach 350 kph in a good day here. It is yet to be seen but I have a strong feeling that few big name manufacturers will have hard times with the newcomer in future races.
MFT-tune test.JPG

Performance +++++
Handling +++++
Appearance +++++
Receptive +++

Overall 18/20

Thank you MFT!

finbaek

Last edited:
That's one of the best reviews I've read, GordonS. I particularly like the phrase:
you can find under steer even from your cat if you want
Well done, and I'll try and test this car too, have about 6 in the garage.

Long time no see, and wow, what a review! :eek: Good job there, old buddy!👍 Old rules apply, review equals request!

After that review I believe it's time to reveal one of the secret projects on the back burner. We've taken new looks at some of our older creations and some of them will see the light of day before the GT4 story is over.

The first one to re-emerge will be this Cerbera. With one big change to boot... last time Leonidae did his best with it. Now it's me behind the tune, it all began when I found the car to be slightly too "safe" for my liking during the test drive back in autumn 2007. Some tweaks were suggested but he decided to keep it as is. Well, eventually I made a total revamp very loosely based on the original which has been test driven and improved every now and then. I dare to say that the results are no less than spectacular... the old tune clocked 1'43,967 around GVS. The version tailor made for me has this far done 1'40,307. That's three seconds and a half with no power increases, weight savings or better tyres. Released in the very near future so PF, if you're going to test the Cerbera hold your horses a bit so you'll get this one in. Oh, and the Nürburgring was blitzed in 6'07...

TVR Cerbera S.6B at GVS - 1'40,307 - 852x480 - ≈40MB

Thank you guys for your kind words. :)
GT4 Photomode really hooked me after so many years and was a great inspiration for reviewing that great car. Thanks Leo! 👍👍👍
:cheers: to you all!

p.s. What a lap Greycap! I could feel all the forces in my neck by only watching the vid. Can't wait to test that machine.
Now I could say I'm officially back to GT4, after all those GT5 "letdowns".

-fbk-

TVR Cerbera S.6B '97

585 bhp, 696 Nm, 994 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0 / 4.0
Ride Height: 110 / 125
Bound: 4 / 4
Rebound: 8 / 6
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 6

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.826
2nd: 1.852
3rd: 1.423
4th: 1.124
5th: 0.926
Final Gear: 3.000

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

The second reincarnation of the Cerbera in our hands, this one picks up the story from the point where the CS closed the book and writes a couple of new chapters into it. It's more aggressive, snappier, and above all faster. Gone is the soothing feeling of easy yet fast cornering and in its place is steering feel that keeps you on your toes all the time, ready to throw you either onto the next straight or into the wall. The skill level rating was also raised from Pro to Expert to reflect the change, now it's really "who dares, wins". In a way driving fast is easier than driving slowly because the front end bite decreases the harder you push and the balance improves.

The name comes from the legendary Supermarine floatplane that once held the world speed record and in a way evolved to what I consider to be the ultimate British design of all time. This is about as good as a TVR can get, a fully tuned Tuscan couldn't keep up with it.

Fantastic car, Greycap, will post a review when I can. Also, thanks for the vid, the Cerb makes me very nervous, so was braking way too early and your run gave me an excellent bench,ark (though I had to use some different lines due to severe incompetence).

Any chance you saved the 'ring 6:07 lap? Would love to see it

You guys do know that you've spelled "rebellion" wrong? :sly: :lol:

Erroneous spelling? OH SNAP! That's a bad one. And already now, after only 175 cars and 34 months (to a day) of existence. I really have to improve the quality control from now on.

RUF BTR "Blackbird" Evo

700 bhp, 814 Nm, 1038 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Turbo Kit Stage 4
Racing Intercooler
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 8.5
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 4 / 2
Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 2.3 / 2.5
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 10 / 3

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.457
2nd: 1.663
3rd: 1.245
4th: 0.988
5th: 0.813
6th: 0.666
Final Gear: 4000

Autoset 14

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 30

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Say hello to your doom. If you thought that the original Blackbird was a wild ride, you're in for a real shocker: Compared to the Evo, the original Blackbird is a walk in the park. This is a car with NO COMPROMISES. You must drive it on the limits of adhesion and control, just to keep it in control. If you want to make it a bit more sedated to drive, you may try fitting Sports Softs (S3) and a rollcage. I know, it sounds bizarre to fit tyres with less grip to make the car easier to drive, but believe me.. It works. Oh, one more thing. Throttle and brakes need to be used decisively, yet with finesse. Fail to achieve the level of sophistication this car requires and you will perfect your 360s before an abrupt meeting with the armco.

Hmmm.. Either the testers have been killed by these monsters, or are afraid to drive them, which is perfectly reasonable.. :nervous:

Looking at that video I get two things:

Wonderful driving, wonderful tune.

How short are the gears? This evo certainly doesn't appear to be LM spec :P

I will drive it. 👍 You will have to wait a couple of days, though, as I'm in the process of obtaining 25 million credits, and I don't want to disrupt it. :lol:

senamic - Thanks for the driving part, and the gears... well, personally I didn't try how fast it goes but calculating from the known speeds and revs in the sixth gear gives a top speed of at least 330 km/h, depending on where the fuelcut is hiding.

Lucas - Which one? ;)

Kurei - Good to see you're still kicking, GT4 or not! And your DFP had better be in shape for these monsters as they aren't too easy to control even when everything is fine. And the brake pedal certainly isn't something to have trouble with...

Testing the grounds a bit here. Which one would sound the most interesting, a) Gran Turismo classics with more power than you'd think S3 tyres can handle, b) old school American steel seriously in need of throttle control or c) some lightweight FWD goodness?

That's not all we've got, of course...

Brief notes on the new and improved Cerbera Speed 6.​

@ GVS: This car is way out of my league. It's a remarkable tune for a Spd 6; the braking distance and stability were the 2 big surprises for me.
On the first lap I ended up brakikng 50m before necessary, largely because I was shocked and paranoid about the bizarre level of stability in the car at speed.
This car truly deserves the 'Pro' rating given by Greycap, but is far less murderous in intent than his other 'Pro' efforts.
It's fairly forgiving to amateurs like myself but to get a good lap you need to get every line, as Grey did in the vid he posted.
I could get the occasional blinding section, but never was able to tie them all into a good lap. It's incredibly responsive and precise if you have the skills of an alien.

If you're like me, find it in a good colour and get some cool wheels, wing and carwash. Then take a photo and never ever drive it; it's a beautiful looking machine, but you need really precise lines to drive it properly.

@ the 'ring: You'll need the reflexes of a ninja and testicles the size of coconuts to get near Grey's laptime here. Stability is there to some extent but it reminds you the car was obviously tuned for a flat track.
The narrow track caused me problems after many laps at the (relatively) forgiving GVS. The gear ratio seems perfectly suited and it looks like a good player could have a lot of fun with this tune on this course.

EDIT: I'd like to see Parnelli review this car (not that I want to pressure him into it).

PF
This car truly deserves the 'Pro' rating given by Greycap, but is far less murderous in intent than his other 'Pro' efforts.

:confused: It's an Expert class car.

And it's one of them because it takes an expert to extract everything from it - that's something I haven't even done properly myself. Against the common thought the skill rating indeed doesn't tell if the car is deadly or not, simply the level you need to reach to push it to the maximum. And I don't know if it takes brass balls to drive it on the Nordschleife but then again it's tuned for my own style which may well mean that for everyone else it's far from a relaxing drive.

But above all, thanks for the review! 👍

Ok, no reviews this time. I just hop in to say that I quick tested both the Ruf and the newer Cerbera.. :nervous: ..And the fresh feel of the off throttle oversteer with the Ruf was just astonishing in GVS! It almost hooked me like ages ago in GT4. (But then the news about GT5 started to rain in :bowdown: and kind of drained my new GT4 career). The latest Cerbera really is a fine piece of engineering and I tested it (Yes, only :indiff: ) a couple of times at the Ring. However, my energy was obviously used with Leo's tune back in the day: I was not able to overtake my "Cerberus" Ring ghost (just below 6.20) with it, not even close! My mother-in-law was visiting us just then, could it.. Anyway, Rene, your speed is phenomenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back