Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahoy, tuners and testers and other potential visitors.. Yet another refreshed pair from the past is making a return to the grand stage. Both have power, torque and glorious RWD handling..

Dodge Charger Super Bee Hemi '71

725 bhp, 1012 Nm, 1528 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Semi-racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 7.0
Ride Height: 150 / 150
Bound: 4 / 4
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 4

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.418
2nd: 1.618
3rd: 1.235
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.825
6th: 0.680
Final Gear: 3.540

Autoset 19

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

The mighty Super Bee is back, buzzing harder than ever. It was known to be a fast but slightly unpredictable car that deserved to get an overhaul to bring out its full potential. The modernized version is faster yet but the handling has gained a healthy dose of progressiveness and sharp eyes may notice that the power has actually been decreased - as a nod to an old GTP face who reappeared from nowhere and has now gone his own way again. I mentioned considering a remake of the Charger and his only wish was that I'd drop the racing exhaust for the V8 rumble. Here goes. Not for those with inadequate throttle control, nor those with a tendency to whine about wings and alloys on muscle cars. We've gone through that a couple times before.

And, just to make it clear, this Super Bee has absolutely nothing to do with General Lee despite being sprayed Hemi Orange.

After watching your replay I'm reminded how forgiving GT4 was for oversteer and wheelspin, especially when that counts as a car requiring throttle control.:lol:

Or even the Charger itself and drive with less than stellar throttle control. Sure, proper driving makes it look like it won't spin the wheels or oversteer but improper will see it disappearing into a cloud of smoke in the third gear. Taking it to Nürburgring without care will cause quite a few clashes between fenders and armco - I tried. Not what I'd call forgiveness.

There's one thing that makes GT4 easier than GT5P though. It has proper road feel through the wheel. If GT5P had a similar feel loss of grip wouldn't half as hard to control but we got what we got...

Chevrolet Corvette C5 RS'00

740 bhp, 874 Nm, 1197 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 6.0
Ride Height: 115 / 115
Bound: 4 / 4
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.3 / 2.3
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.570
2nd: 1.730
3rd: 1.293
4th: 1.050
5th: 0.875
6th: 0.734
Final Gear: 3.250

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 10

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids

Yes, it has the same rims as the C740R. Yes, it has the same wing, downforce settings and brake balance as the C740R. And yes, it indeed is the very same car, but at the same time, it is different.. VERY different. While the exterior looks pretty much same, most of the work done to the car is invisible. The suspension and differential have been tweaked for more active and faster driving style. While this has good sides and bad sides, there is one fact that cannot be overlooked; It did beat Grim R34per on GVS.. And most of you know how seriously fast that car is. Just look at the video of the lap. Ironic, isn't it.. GT-R fanboy makes an ancient pushrod design go faster than modern, more powerful sportscar.

No, don't laugh yet. While this reborn Corvette is seriously fast car, it greatly depends of the track and driver which one takes the pole position. Keep that in mind.

oh 🤬 yes!

I think I just ji- you know what, I'll just shut up and drive the car. I'm too much of a Corvette fanboy to pass this up.

Or even the Charger itself and drive with less than stellar throttle control. Sure, proper driving makes it look like it won't spin the wheels or oversteer but improper will see it disappearing into a cloud of smoke in the third gear. Taking it to Nürburgring without care will cause quite a few clashes between fenders and armco - I tried. Not what I'd call forgiveness.

There's one thing that makes GT4 easier than GT5P though. It has proper road feel through the wheel. If GT5P had a similar feel loss of grip wouldn't half as hard to control but we got what we got...

I was watching your throttle input and am pretty confident I know what I'm talking about.;)

Corvette.

Run that word through my ears, and the first question I'll ask is "where?" I've been a huge fan of Chevrolet's Corvette line ever since I knew what one was. There's not a single Corvette I don't like (except maybe the base C4's, although I wouldn't complain if I got one for free). So, when I saw that MFT's second Yodeling Yankee was a Corvette, I was pretty excited. I immediately pulled into their shop and flipped through the catalog to find it. Then I read Leo's description of the car, and right as I read that it is faster than the Grim R34per, I dropped. I woke up with Leo, Greycap, and about five shop workers standing over me (they were considering pouring a bucket of cold water over me. Thanks for not doing so). "That one," I said as I was pulling myself up off the floor. Leo silently gave me the keys, looking at me as if I was crazy (Overall, I'd say I'm not; But when it comes to 'Vettes, I'm the biggest lunatic of them all). I got in, turned the ignition, and drove out.

I took it to Laguna Seca to see what it would do. I think I'll actually go as far as to say that it's perfect. Wheelspin is very low, even in first gear (surprising for 740 HP), and it turns very nicely. I can't think of any problems I have with the car, all the times I went off track were due to me not being a very good driver. It's very fun to bring it to the edge, and generally won't fold under pressure. I'm thinking of doing a video review (Top Gear Style) that compares this car and a few of its main competitors, although it may just end up being a lap comparison. We'll see.

Edit: I think I like the Corvette C5 RS a little bit too much
brokenpedalsohnoes.jpg

At least now I can justify buying a G25. The only thing in the way is how I'm going to obtain the money.

anyways, good thing I'm just about as good with a DS2.

Last edited:
Well done, young Padawan.

And it seems that I still have more to come. Currently working on yet another sub 1'40 car. it's ~100hp down on the vette and almost 300 down on the R34per. So yes, seriously fast machinery from me for a change..:sly:

I noticed that some of your cars have special decals and/or color. How do you put those special decals on those cars?

Nice cars though.:)

To add to that upcoming sub 1'40 release I'll just say that I managed to extract another second from a car that was commonly thought to be perfect - not that I thought so though which is why I reworked it a bit. In this case "a bit" means that the only remaining thing in the suspension is the rear damper rebound value and everything else has been changed. Oh, and naturally there's an (almost) as fast counterpart for the 1'40 breaker in the works.

Indeed.. It seems that now that we know the release date of the next installment of GT-series, we can finally show what we really can squeeze out from our cars. Seconds will be shaven and jaws will be dropped.. If the driver has the ability to do so.:sly:

I know I have been immature in my last attempts on tuning, and one of my threads was a mess.

I plan on improving that, by taking all RR cars and testing them on the "Ring".

I am taking 3 RUFs, 2 Elises, I concept,(Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe), A110 1600S, SUBURU 360 and the 2VWs you own. And testing them throughly.

But you're aware that the 2 Elises & the i Concept that you're planning on testing with the RR cars are actually MR drivetrains, right?

Go ahead. But try to remember that the new RUF Evo is The Animal. You have to drive it on instinct, where as the Abarth 500 and Volkswagens should be more easy and enjoyable. And.. Uh.. You're really going to ddrive the Hello Kitty Mitsu i concept? :lol: I wish you have spare controllers for that one. :dopey:

Here is a review of the Dodge Charger Super Bee Hemi '71. (I've got writers cramp just from typing out the car's name!):ouch:

This is a very fast and forgiving tune on the SuperBee. Just how forgiving depends on the track chosen. If you take it to the Nurburgring, it's not very forgiving at all. The suspension seems too stiff for the bumpiness of the track and the car doesn't do well on the curbing, heaven help you if you actually get a tire off the track. The only way around this track is entirely between the white lines. In spite of this it still will easily run a 7.00. I ran that with two MAJOR excursions into the dirt, came to a complete stop, backed up onto the track, and resumed the race. A really good driver, having a good day should get into the low 6's.

Take the car to El Capitain and you have a completely different story. The car feels as if it was tuned for this track. (The gearing may be just a little too long.) You can run on the curbs, the car goes where you aim it. Some understeer going into the corners too fast, just slow down and resume your line. Turning while braking is OK. Basically one of the more stable tunes around especially when the speed the car is capable of is taken into consideration.👍👍 I ran a 1'41" at El Capitain and missed several of my marks.

Just for fun I took to The "American Championship Series" When running against Panoz, Chaparrals and the others, I found you could run with them for 2 to 3 laps, until your tires were gone. You can actually win at Laguna, the tires were bright orange at the end but they made it.:):)

All in all a great tune on an old school car.

Thanks for posting it.

here's an old review I started a few weeks ago but didn't finish. I pulled out the car again and finished it, and here it is:

AMG SLR McLaren 700 Edition '03 Story/Review

I remember stating in a review of another Mercedes car that was tuned by MFT that I would love to see an SLR McLaren tuned by them. Now, I wasn't driving much when MFT released this car, so I didn't pick it up. However, I figured now would be a good time to try it out.

I decided to take it down to Infineon Raceway and rent the track on the same race weekend as the Toyota/Save Mart 350 so that I could try and gain some publicity for MFT (and to watch the race). I took my trailer down to the pits right after qualifying finished, and as I was unloading the car Kenny Francis (crew chief of the 9 car of Kasey Kahne, who got the pole that day) walked up to me and asked me some questions about the car. I told him it put out 700 bhp and weighed 3200 pounds, and that it was my first time driving it. He thought it was pretty neat, but that it probably wasn't quite as good as the NASCAR cars. I bet him $50 that I'd be able to beat his driver's qualifying time (1'16.300), and he accepted. He even upped the ante saying if I could beat Jeff Gordon's record lap of 1'15.950 he'd throw in an extra $50. We shook hands and I hurried into my trailer to get into my driver's suit. I jumped into my car, threw on the transponder Ken gave me, pushed the start button, and peeled out onto the track. My first lap I had already beaten the original offer with a lap time of 1'16.117. The second lap I had a small off track excursion in turn 10 :ouch:, but still managed a 1'16.876. Then the magic lap happened and I just barely squeaked under Gordon's time with a 1'15.934. And when he saw my buddies checking the temperatures on my sports tires he seemed really impressed. He gave me my $100 and asked where I got the car. I gave him a few pamphlets and catalogs from MFT and he thanked me and left. He also said he'd bounce my name around as much as he could to see if he could get me into a cup car for testing some time.

I got a call about a week later from #24 crew chief Steve Letarte. He said that he was having trouble figuring out a set-up for road courses and needed a fast driver to help test while Jeff was still racing. I instantly said yes and asked when I'd be needed. He simply said, "any time after November 2nd will work just fine." :mischievous:

The Actual Review
Anyways, besides the distractions that happened that day, I noticed a few things about the car. I noticed a fair amount of understeer (mostly on corner entry), a little bit more than normal even for Infineon. However, I found the gear box to be very satisfying and overall it was still a very good handling car, especially considering the handling from stock. There wasn't any wheelspin that I can recall (although I didn't try any standing starts), and it definitely did very well for sports tires. I tried the R3's for a lap or so, and it improved the car a lot, even removing the aforementioned understeer. Overall, I love the tune although there is some work that could be done for driving on sports tires. 9/10

Last edited:
Here is a review of the Dodge Charger Super Bee Hemi '71.

That's the first one for the reborn Bee, good job breaking the ice! I have to admit that Nürburgring might not be the best place to test it, then again it's hardly the best place to test anything unless you know it like the back of your hand, but the car indeed works a bit better on the smoother circuits. Might have something to do with the weight getting thrown around... I think I did something like 6'25 myself. Interestingly enough Tuuba-A also drove its precedessor in the same series as described here and the improvements on the setup are already visible in the form of better tyre life. It wasn't tuned for El Capitan, nor for GVS, or any specific course for that matter - just an all rounder. It seems to do well enough.

AMG SLR McLaren 700 Edition '03 Story/Review

Yes, that barge understeers. But what'd you expect from something that weighs a ton and a half and hasn't heard of downforce so I doubt it can be cured purely by tuning... and yes, the racing tyres indeed do improve the situation quite a bit. Oddly enough they increase the front end bite without affecting the rear end grip that much. When thought of as a racing tyre tune it scores better in the handling area but so it should - a car that handles better with sports tyres than racing slicks is quite a freak - and I seriously don't believe the entry understeer can be removed without side effects. First and foremost it's a long, heavy car with a heavy front end which leads to some inherent understeer and while I could make it turn better during corner entry it would mean introducing exit understeer which is even worse and by a fair margin at that.

My my, where does the time fly? It's been three years, fellows.. And statistics will be brought to you by the number-loving iceman of ours. Some say, that he isn't ashamed of going to Volvo owners meetings. All I know is, he is faster than me.

Nissan R390/870GT '98

868 bhp, 1091 Nm, 1038 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
FC Transmission
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5 / 8.0
Ride Height: 80 / 85
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 6 / 4
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 8 / 4

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.092
2nd: 2.151
3rd: 1.668
4th: 1.359
5th: 1.138
6th: 0.969
Final Gear: 2.500

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 70 / 85

Driving Aids

You didn't know there are actually five Black Beauties in GT4, did you? Well, actually this fifth one is available only for those who really want to see it. For the ones with less faith there is a more ordinary looking blue model. And once you've seen it, you won't forget it that easily. No, this is a car to be remembered. It isn't extraordinarily powerful, not extraordinarily light. But there is something. And that's the combination of all its qualities. Snappy but smooth, blindingly fast yet comparatively easy to drive, the R390/870GT has it all. You can even drift it if you like, but to extract the best out of it you should be screaming forward at breakneck speed, actually faster than what any other road legal car is capable of. Meet the Carbon Creature and have a great time.

Reviews:

by EA11R
by ImprezaAddict
by Kurei
by Nenad
Sorry for the looong quote, but how can I can this car in this color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back