5th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter DonkeyFuzz
  • 370 comments
Hello all! I realise I'm new to the forum, but I'd like to apply for the final grid slot anyway. This was upon the suggestion of DonkeyFuzz, whom I know from another online series.

I'm afraid, however, that I won't be able to attend all the races, probably around about half of them in total; this would include the opening races this coming Friday. If someone else applies who can commit to the season then I would be perfectly willing to give them my place, but I though I would ask anyway.
________

On an aside, what car(s) are available? Sorry, but I have no idea, for obvious reasons. :)

Cool, thanks FunkMonk, I'll sign you up, also with the cars, they have been labelled on the 'Rules' page (Page 1). Thanks for signing up!

I have changed from Super Aguri to Williams seen as no one else was using it so the Super Aguri can now be used.

In addition, because Funk has signed up, this would mean an auto-pair up with Jordy, are both drivers happy with this?

Last edited:
Cool, thanks FunkMonk, I'll sign you up, also with the cars, they have been labelled on the 'Rules' page (Page 1). Thanks for signing up!

I have changed from Super Aguri to Williams seen as no one else was using it so the Super Aguri can now be used.

In addition, because Funk has signed up, this would mean an auto-pair up with Jordy, are both drivers happy with this?

Why would I not be happy :lol:
Welcome to Alfa Romeo FunkMonk :)

Welcome FunkMonk, and nice name lol.

Just on a side note, i'd like to announce that last weekend on Saturday in Colchester (near where I live) I met the original Stig! (Perry Mccarthy) and got to race him on F1:CE with a wheel (and i've never used on before) at Silverstone......and I beat him!

He congratulated me and told me that I was the only one to have done it, which I was very pleased with of course lol :)

^Awesome! Perry is a great chap, he wasn't just Stig, he also drove for one of the most infamous F1 teams of all time - which has featured in this very series! (Andrea Moda, it was such a bad team, it was ran by Mafia people and kept giving poor old Perry a car with no brakes, thats when they actually gave him a car to drive that is).
I highly recommend his book Flat out, Flat broke, its a good laugh and a good read. It gives a great perspective on what its like to be a full time racing driver trying to get to the top.

Anyway, welcome FunkMonk! :cheers:

I think I might be missing at Bahrain, I have a birthday to attend this time.

Its great to see that people are still playing this awesome game online. I really enjoyed all the NTSC championships I participated in. I've got the PAL version now too, so if you ever need someone to fill an empty slot, just let me know!:cheers:

Welcome FunkMonk, and nice name lol.

Just on a side note, i'd like to announce that last weekend on Saturday in Colchester (near where I live) I met the original Stig! (Perry Mccarthy) and got to race him on F1:CE with a wheel (and i've never used on before) at Silverstone......and I beat him!

He congratulated me and told me that I was the only one to have done it, which I was very pleased with of course lol :)

Wow! That's immense!

I wondered why your PSN 'comment' was 'I beat the stig'. Well done Kak, thats a pretty good achievement.

Lofasz, I suppose we could have 11 places but that would mean being on a team of your own, I'll sign you up but if you post a message to confirm then that would be good.

I understand. I'm definitely interested, if anyone ends up missing a race weekend for whatever reason. I still play online off and on, but its always better when you know who you're racing with. I read that the races will take place at 11:00PM - which time zone is that?

Thanks!

I understand. I'm definitely interested, if anyone ends up missing a race weekend for whatever reason. I still play online off and on, but its always better when you know who you're racing with. I read that the races will take place at 11:00PM - which time zone is that?

Thanks!

All times are GMT +1 so 11:00pm UK time.

So will you be able to make Friday despite being on a team of your own?

Just a quick post to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I won't be present this friday so Lofasz could take my slot at the two races (though I assume that would be with a different team name).

The rules have been changed for 11 players seen as there is 11 places maximum online so Lofasz will have to be on his own unfortunately. But don't worry, grid size is now up to 11 drivers.

Damn, I forgot we were doing two races tonight, I had best get practicing Sepang as well! I really don't think I'll be on the pace in the first couple of races, but i'll do my best :P

Oh and I may have more technical/reliability issues :( When I was playing yesterday, I got a message saying that the PS3 was getting too hot and needed to be turned off immediately, which doesn't exactly bode well for it being able to run for very long...

Oh and I may have more technical/reliability issues :( When I was playing yesterday, I got a message saying that the PS3 was getting too hot and needed to be turned off immediately, which doesn't exactly bode well for it being able to run for very long...

Better watch out for yellow light!

Looking forward to tonight, just wondering guys, never used steering assists but does it make a difference to your speed if you use them or not?

Looking forward to tonight, just wondering guys, never used steering assists but does it make a difference to your speed if you use them or not?

I would say it does because it tries to keep you on the racing line which sometimes is not the quickest route but mostly it is. I wouldn't use them personally because I like to control where I'm going. I'm not sure whether it controls you onto the blue line (pit lane) however.

Race Report: Bahrain: Started 2nd Finished 4th

Had a really good qualifying session and got off to a good start until I span out on lap 1 which cost me about 6.5 seconds. This left me playing catch up to you guys in the slipstream battle and put some good times in to finish about 7 seconds behind. Overall, despite it being annoying, it was good because I think had I not of had that spin, I think a win was possible.

Well done to MadAd for the win and for pole position. Hopefully Malaysia will be my turn!

Also well done to Gyles for securing the fastest lap of I think 1:29.739? Correct me if I''m wrong.

Bahrain: Started 1st, Finished 1st

Did a great quali lap to get pole by a few tenths. Got off to a bad start, and i got mugged when i overshot the first corner. My new team-mate NEV spun out on Lap 1 which i was gutted about. Battling with KING and KAK, then on Lap 2 KING spun out. By Lap 3 i was passing KAK for the lead. But we were both on the same pace, and kept trading positions for the next few laps. Then after setting an awesome FL, GYLES came into the equation too. Pulled out a bit of a lead from the 2 of them, but they both were slipping each other and before long they were right back on me. After the first pit-stops KAK had lost out a bit, and GYLES was now battling for the lead with me. A few laps later though i think me made a small error, which gace me some breathing space. From there i was pushing hard to keep up a good pace, trying to prevent GYLES or KAK from closing in again. They both pitted earlier than me, and after my last stop i was still in a good position. Only 1 lap left so i just took it easy to the finish. Great racing from both KAK and GYLES. Good recovery from NEV to finish 4th not far behind. Perfect start to the season, hope i can repeat this performace in Malaysia...

Last edited:
Bahrain Qualifying: (Sorry about the quality)

Bahrain Race:

Fastest Lap: Gyles69 - 1:29.739
1. F1MadAd
2. Gyles69
3. Kakundoo
4. Nev-Nev-22
5. KingMartin
6. Ginty1
7. Jordy7777
8. PJ-FFL

Bahrain Qualified 4th finished 5th.
After a good start i was battling for the lead but on lap 2 i spun just coming out of sector 2. From there i had a boring race really put my lap times in a finally caught my team mate up with 3 laps to go he made a mistake and i drove off for 5th.

Sepang Qualified 3rd finished 4th
After another great start i was up with the two leaders again but on lap 2 AGAIN i get a penalty the car sliding sideways cutting a corner very harsh. So i was in a battle with Gyles and after a few laps i had pulled away a bit now catching my team mate. I finally overtook Ginty and was 4th i kept my pace good and drove it home as i knew catching Kakundoo was not possible.

Malaysia: Started 1st, Finished 2nd

Just managed to grab pole again by a tenth, but was amazed that 2nd to 6th were all seperated by less than a tenth wow! Got a better start this time, but NEV got off to a blinder and did a great opening lap. Closed up on him by Lap 2, then from there it was a 14 lap battle literally. We gradually pulled away from the rest of the field, and were in a race of our own. Never more than a second seperated us, and on a hot night like this it was very intense! Not much more to say really lol. Final lap and we were still neck and neck, so it was gonna be 50/50 who would be infront at the time. NEV slipped me down the back straight, came back at him out of the last corner but not enough time to the finish line, and i crossed it 0.093 behind. Another titanic battle between me and NEV thoroughly enjoyed it, great racing mate :D

Malaysia Qualifying:

Malaysia Race:

Fastest Lap: 1:28.987
1. Nev-Nev-22
2. F1MadAd
3. Kakundoo
4. KingMartin
5. Gyles69
6. Ginty1
7. Jordy7777
8. PJ-FFL

Last edited:
Malaysia: Started 2nd Finished 1st

Wow, what a fantastic race, along with Shanghai and Suzuka, this is one of my all time favourites as the battle was so intense and it was even more sweating because of the heat! Did some good laps as me and MadAd traded places and it was literally 50:50, like MadAd said but I crossed the line just ahead to grab my first win of the season and my 3rd overall.

I'm not entirely sure who held the fastest lap for that race.

Championship Table to follow soon.

Back