5th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter DonkeyFuzz
  • 370 comments
Pretty straight forward race reports for me:

Bahrain started 7th, finished 7th -
Baring in mind I haven't practiced at all, I was just glad to not finish last. Fell behind a little at the start then King and Nev spun I think so had a slipstream battle with them till I ran wide at the U-turn in sector 2. Stayed well ahead of PJ for the rest of the race, then from nowhere he's right behind me lol. I figured I had a really bad lap or something but then found out he only pitted once. Finished ahead of him anyway but was close.

Malaysia started 7th, finished 7th -
Similar story here. Got a bad start but knew I was quick here, again 2 of the frontrunners fell back and got into a slipstream battle with them. Made a mistake and they got away. Ended up spinning about 4 times which was really dissapointing but can take positives, I just need to practice for future races lol. PJ was close for the rest of the race, about 5 laps from the end he randomly fell back, not sure what happened there.

Anyway good races guys and looking forward to the rest.

Dang, wish I could've made it. Maybe next time. I can do that time of day on Fridays, no problem. It was just earlier than I expected this time. Thanks for the invite!

AI isn't supposed to count towards the race position. It never has counted. So, that means I got 8th at Malaysia.

Hey Guys,

Please slow down :lol:

Bahrain:-

Only got in 1 lap during Qualy and that put me down the grid. Off to a reasonable start and I was able to keep up with the leaders. Had a great battle with Kak and I managed to take the lead with 5 laps to go 👍 But it was short lived and I got too excited and made a mistake and fell down to 3rd. On the last lap Kak and I went into the final turn together but I got a better exit and just about sneaked in that 2nd place.

I managed to get the fastest lap of 1:29.853, and did another 1:29 during the end part of the race. I think I had some great pace here, but Bahrain is my second favourite track.

Great win there F1MadAd you had that one under control :)

Sepang:-

By the time we got to race at Sepang I was too tired. I had no pace at all but soldiered on. Had a good scrap with King and even PJ at one point. But it was on the last lap were I nicked 5th from Ginty :drool:

Great win there Nev and fantastic fastest lap.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable 2 races and look forward to next week.

Everyone seems so fast now, what have you guys been doing ?

Stupid baby cousins, came to annoy me at the wrong time. So ,i'm racing, trying to catch Jordy, then these buggers come in, and throw a blanket over my head ,which caused me to crash. Then one tries to jump on me, and i hold their arm, and push them back, but then she falls off the sofa and starts crying, so I have to help her, and I crash again, and lie motionless on the trackside. I lost a good minute and a half or so because of it all.

AI isn't supposed to count towards the race position. It never has counted. So, that means I got 8th at Malaysia.

Sorry, I'll change that now.

Another quick post, shall we do 1 race next week with a race distance of 20 laps then the week after do 2 15 lap races?

Last edited:
Bahrain:
Qualified 3rd, Finished 3rd. Pretty straight forward race if i'm honest. Just kept racing hard until the end, fighting with numerous different people in the process. F1MadAd was too quick for me and Gyles was probably more on his pace as well, so I had to keep him behind as best as I could, unfortunately, even though I got a much better 2nd pit stop, he caught up and got a better exit on the final corner to take 2nd.

Sepang:
Qualified 6th, finished 3rd.
Didn't expect to be so far down in quali, but I knew I could have made a few tenths, so I wasn't too worried about pace. After a poor start as well, things weren't looking good, and I was really tired. But I soldiered on, passing people for their positions and taking places from victims of accidents/mistakes.
After the first couple of laps, it was a pretty boring race. I didn't have the pace to catch Nev or F1MadAd, but I knew I was consistent enough not to make any errors, so I was just hoping that one or both of them would make one or two. Unfortunately for me, this wasn't the case and I finished in 3rd.

I didn't have a problem with the 2 races this week. I think maybe if we have a longer break (10-15 mins) between races then it will give people chance to recover if there knackered.

I'm up for heavy rain in Oz :)

I didn't have a problem with the 2 races this week. I think maybe if we have a longer break (10-15 mins) between races then it will give people chance to recover if there knackered.

I'm up for heavy rain in Oz :)

It's not that i need a longer break but if i get up for work between 5am or 6am and have a few beers i don't want to wait around for the second race as i want to go to bed. You must understand that mate.

It's the same for me, I see my girlfriend on Saturdays, and I don't want to be waiting around for ages and having to go to bed past midnight, then getting up early and feeling tired before I see her.

It's the same for me, I see my girlfriend on Saturdays, and I don't want to be waiting around for ages and having to go to bed past midnight, then getting up early and feeling tired before I see her.

We'll go on a rota, 1 race this week, 2 the next etc. But we will only need to do 2 races a night 4 more times and then the rest will be all 1 race, 1 night.

I think I did it in the rain in the 2nd GTP Championship, and it really isn't easy. I'm know I've improved a lot since then, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

I did some laps in the dry with King the other day but I have yet to do any in the heavy rain, I will have a look at the GTP 2nd Champ in a moment and I think I've found the reason why 3 of the pictures came out crap from the camera.

Oh yes I remember season 2, melbourne with rain, I am not sure if it was heavy rain or light rain but the fastest lap was a high 1:29.

I managed a 1:33.4 today, reckon I could get a high 1:32 though if I practice enough.

That is what i done then do a few laps behind a car on AL hard car and it is impossible to see a thing lap times went right off. Key for this race is being up the front.

So, just ran a few laps, and I did a 1:34.852. Nothing amazing, but it should be able to land me in the midfield battle, I hope.

I hope to be back in time for this, I've not done any wet practice though :scared:.

I was at the FOTA fans forum in London yesterday which had a panel of Martin Whitmarsh, Tony Fernandes, Luca Colijanni, Jock Clear and Paul di Resta. I got to meet Tony Fernandes, Mike Gascoyne and Jock Clear and got interviewed for BBC Radio 1. Pretty awesome event really and all of the panel had funny and interesting comments to make. Luca Colijanni was the best :lol:.
I think we can be assured of sensible rule changes, the teams appear to think like us the fans so it was very positive. 👍

I hope to be back in time for this, I've not done any wet practice though :scared:.

I was at the FOTA fans forum in London yesterday which had a panel of Martin Whitmarsh, Tony Fernandes, Luca Colijanni, Jock Clear and Paul di Resta. I got to meet Tony Fernandes, Mike Gascoyne and Jock Clear and got interviewed for BBC Radio 1. Pretty awesome event really and all of the panel had funny and interesting comments to make. Luca Colijanni was the best :lol:.
I think we can be assured of sensible rule changes, the teams appear to think like us the fans so it was very positive. 👍

That's great to hear :D

Also, I'm not sure if I can make it tonight guys. I really just don't feel up to it lol. I might pop in, but if I do, I don't expect to do well since I haven't practiced at all 👎

Back