Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
So, I tested the Camaro ZL1...

It is indeed fast as hell, buuuuuuuuuuuut... It seems like the diff is a bit too strong on accel, resulting in a push-loose condition (understeers until the outside rear lets go and then it gets way loose) and the dampers really mess with my driving style as they don't do the world's greatest job at controlling the suspension (Whenever a side of the car comes off the ground, it will bounce back up and cause a loss of grip when it comes back down). Aside from that I can't complain too much, it's actually quicker than 90% of what I've built in the same PWR bracket at Trial Mountain.

Good news is, the sheer speed of it has inspired me to tune it my way, so expect that soonish.

Well I'll have a look at that, I don't know about the shockies, I didn't have any problems with them that I can remember, if anything it rode bumps extremely well.

Edit: I looked at both your suggestions and found nothing could be improved from my perspective. The car rode bumps very well as far as I'm concerned, and the handling on acceleration was very neutral, any decrease in the Accel value of the diff resulted in unwant wheelspin.

Last edited:
Hey Paulie...good to see ya....

I put the 69 Vette suspension tune as a starter on my Z06 with an Aero Kit, still can't quite kill the understeer....

More camber and toe????

Hey Paulie...good to see ya....

I put the 69 Vette suspension tune as a starter on my Z06 with an Aero Kit, still can't quite kill the understeer....

More camber and toe????

It's hard for me to know without first testing a Z06. Sorry mate. Such a tune will come some day. Is that the C2 Race Car, C5 or C6?

Kinda surprised you havn't got a newer vette tune out already Paulie seeing how you always talked about getting your hands on the new ZR1.

Well, if you insist.:sly: I've got a couple other cars to post first, then I'll work on a C6 ZR1. It won't be a race mod though.

Oh no, wouldn't want the race mod. I've got a stock ACR and ZR1 sitting next to each other with there oil changed and ready to be tuned up by LDP. But for now I might go pick up a NSX-R and see how it goes. Been using your tunes almost exclusively since you've opened back in GT5P, though I don't post much I come here for all my rides set up. Thanks to you and Dragonistic.

LDP Camaro GTS Predator Edition
(432hp/322kw @ 5,400rpm) (587Nm/433ft-lbs @ 4,400rpm) (1269kg) (PP)

thetopgeartesttrackv.jpg

Description: In Australia the SS is Holden's V8 performance model of the Commodore, then Holden Special Vehicles take it to a whole new level with the GTS. What we've done here is give this 4th Gen the GTS treatment. More power, better suspension, better tyres. You don't see many of this model turned into track competent performers. The chassis feels a little sedated in its driving, but it turns out alright lap times.

Base Model: Chevrolet Camaro SS '00

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
The ideal shift point would be 5,500rpm, however on corner approach it's fine to run out the gear
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.922
2nd: 1.899
3rd: 1.358
4th: 1.020
5th: 0.806
6th: 0.669
Final: 3.420
Max Speed: 370km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/8
Acceleration: 0/50
Deceleration: 0/5

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -20/-19
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 8.0/6.0
Dampers Extension: 5/4
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.8/1.2
Toe: -0.12/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/6

Last edited:
LDP GTR Spec X Predator Edition
(828bhp @ 7,200rpm) (89kgfm @ 6,200rpm) (1362kg)

TsukubaCircuit_2.jpg

Description: The ultimate Japanese supercar gone wild, the Spec X is the most extreme expression of the most technological road going sports car on the road today combined with old fashioned tuning and sheer, brute force courtesy of LDP's engine tuning department. Developing in excess of 800bhp this GTR packs one hell of a punch, particularly off the line, but by no means has the Spec X been turned into a one trick pony. This GTR is designed to go around corners fast as well using the monstrous tower of power provided by the VR38DETT, complete with high RPM turbo's, to catapult you towards the next turn or given enough room (and longer gearing) will go on to over 240mph.

Base Model: Nissan GTR Spec V '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust System (Chosen for appearance and noise but will accept other exhausts)
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Engine and Chassis as neccessary during the cars lifespan.
Front Splitter
Extensions
Rear Wing

Tuner's Notes:
Extremely fast straight line performance, don't overshoot braking.
Dif' set up to not cause understeer at high speed but subsequently will oversteer out of slow corners, controllable but be aware of it. Short shift to avoid this problem if you don't have precise throttle control.
Generally stable in all other environments.

Settings:

Transmission:
1st: 3.453
2nd: 2.231
3rd: 1.589
4th: 1.190
5th: 0.938
6th: 0.777
Final: 3.700
Max Speed: 236mph

Downforce:
2/22

Initial Torque: 5/13
Acceleration: 20/45
Deceleration: 10/20
Torque Split: 25/75

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 15.2/10.0
Dampers Extension: 7/6
Dampers Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 2.2/1.5
Toe: +0.18/-0.10

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

Last edited:
LDP-R Super-Hemi Challenger.R
(642hp/479kw @ 5,300rpm) (950Nm @ 4,600rpm) (1260kg)

grandvalleyspeedwayl.jpg

Description: Lion's Den Performance Racing is proud to introduce its first car, the Super-Hemi Challenger.R. Designed to compete in classic car racing, and built as a sort of GT racer of old, this Challenger has a supercharged Hemi breathing fire through the side exit exhausts. Cleverly concealed are the racing diffusers which provide downforce to suck this Detroit Iron to the ground. Naturally it's all business inside, helping reduce the kerb weight to something decent, and we've provided our tuning expertise to privateers who may use a setup of our own creation.

Base Model: Dodge Challenger R/T '70

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Supercharger
Carbon Propellor Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Medium Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Racing Modification

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 5,500rpm.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 20/50

Transmission:
1st: 2.379
2nd: 1.496
3rd: 1.042
4th: 0.770
5th: 0.604
Final: 3.540
Max Speed: 350km/hr

Initial Torque: 0/22
Acceleration: 0/55
Deceleration: 0/5

Ride Height: -25/-21
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.0/5.0
Dampers Extension: 5/4
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 2.0/1.4
Toe: -0.08/+0.05

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/6

Odd, I'm only getting 628 hp from when I bought it and started applying all your tunes. I actually installed racing modifications first. Would that be the problem?

Odd, I'm only getting 628 hp from when I bought it and started applying all your tunes. I actually installed racing modifications first. Would that be the problem?

In a word, mileage.

Drive the car for a while and the power will increase as the motor runs in. Our power figures are quoted at the in-house levels not at the point the parts are originally put on, after around 200 miles the motor is usually almost fully run in and will soon accept the engine overhaul (but does not need it, do that when the power starts to drop). Don't forget to keep the oil fresh to in order to maximise otuput.

What these 2 guys said. I also don't always drive my cars until their fully run-in, just this morning the power on my 2010 Camaro went up again.:lol: I don't know if oil change has much to do with the RMs. Once you do an RM it tells you the oil is in good condition, drive a little bit and the oil can be changed, I forgot to check if that made a big difference or not.

In a word, mileage.

Drive the car for a while and the power will increase as the motor runs in. Our power figures are quoted at the in-house levels not at the point the parts are originally put on, after around 200 miles the motor is usually almost fully run in and will soon accept the engine overhaul (but does not need it, do that when the power starts to drop). Don't forget to keep the oil fresh to in order to maximise otuput.

Is it exactly 200 miles? I haven't been keeping up to date on these things.:lol:

Might be that it needs to be driven a bit for a good break in period.

In a word, mileage.

Will putting new wheels hurt the performance at all?

Will putting new wheels hurt the performance at all?

You mean new rims? If the game is to be believed, it should help since they're lighter, however I don't know if they have any actual effect, if it does it'd be small enough to not worry about. Of course in real life rims play a big role in performance.......

You mean new rims? If the game is to be believed, it should help since they're lighter, however I don't know if they have any actual effect, if it does it'd be small enough to not worry about. Of course in real life rims play a big role in performance.......

Oh, my apologies, I meant rims. I've just been driving a few tracks with it now and I completely love it. It handles smoothly on a lot of turns. Very stable for a muscle car.

LDP FT-86 By-Gee Predator Edition
(410hp/306kw @ 7,900rpm) (377Nm/278ft-lbs @ 7,400rpm) (910kg) (PP)

ahrweilerstreet.jpg

Description: By gee by golly by gosh, this car was in a sad state when it got to us, we have no idea what Toyota were thinking! Incessant lift-off oversteer, on throttle oversteer, oversteer under brakes, and getting airborn over ants! Well Toyota let us try to fix it for circuit racing, and once again we've come out on top. There were some provisos though, such as not being able to change that rear wing for added downforce, darn concept cars. Either way, this car wasn't given to us directly by Toyota, it was given to a young chap by Toyota to take for some hot laps to promote it, who then found out how horrid it was and proceedingly took it to us to dial in. With the package developed, we have it ready for public consumption now.

Base Model: Toyota FT-86 G-Sports Concept '10

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 8,000rpm.
It can be prone to stepping the rear out slightly under heavy trail braking.
Toyota really have another AE86 on their hands here, good for drifting, not perfect for racing.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.105
2nd: 2.018
3rd: 1.442
4th: 1.084
5th: 0.856
6th: 0.711
Final: 4.300
Max Speed: 370km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 0/14
Acceleration: 0/46
Deceleration: 0/45

Ride Height: -1/0
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.5/6.0
Dampers Extension: 4/3
Dampers Compression: 2/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber: 1.6/1.4
Toe: -0.14/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

Last edited:
Vette on the Edge

Just took the C3 Corvette out for a spin. The car instantly enticed me with it stance, its big Goodyear tyres and the unmistakable silhouette. You just know this car is going to be mean and with LDP behind it, it's going to be even meaner.

LDP make no mistake in saying that “it will put many supercars to shame”. 550Hp from the Supercharged smallblock Chev has speed covered while the job done with the suspension ensures that it will stay on the black stuff. I'm not here to argue the merits of modernized vs restored classic cars but I will state that this car can just stand up on its own.

The first memory for me was pulling up at a race, pinning the throttle too the floor and expecting the worst. What I got was the most powerful thrust forward imaginable. The rear squats, the tyres squeal the perfect amount and the next moment you're slamming through first, second and third before the car shows any real sign of letting up and the vintage speedo is all but broken. It's somewhat astonishing.

There are many other things to be grateful for besides the power when you take to the track in this “modernized” sports car. First of all is the sheer grip on hand, not just tyre or aero grip but the mechanical grip. The original article was somewhat uncomfortable during any type of turn at speed. Driving LDP's wonder under “normal” driving conditions the tail is very planted, due most likely to the aero grip at the rear with that said the car needs plenty of respect, the small block up front will want to keep going straight causing understeer if you come in too hot. Second gear bends will also needed to be short-shifted but the tuner has already admitted this so the point doesn't need to be dwelled upon. What you can take notice off though is the brakes. The 'Vette can charge through the first kink of Grand Valley and still stop absolutely straight and true before you're ready to turn in. It's excellent compared to some of my own works.

I suppose if I do have any criticisms, it is that the nose is a touch to heavy for my liking needing a bit of concentration through the slower sections of track but i'm confident that a better driver would not notice this the way I have. A lot of it can be rectified by picking the right braking point and not letting too much of the weight transfer.

All in all i'm tempted to call the car somewhat of a revelation. It retains the raw uncanny look of the 1960's but with modern performance and diabolical performance to match.

Reviewers Supplement

Used this car to knock off a few events that I hadn't completed yet including the Muscle Car Championship, Supercar Nostalgia and Classic Muscle. Have no doubts that it will take out Supercar Challenge as well.

Launch from standstill was achieved from the standing start of a race. The same start from a normal “foot on the brake” standstill gave much much more wheelspin.

The best review I've had so far!:D:drool: It's really great to hear I was able to surpise you with it so much, I really like that car. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could put in an LS7 to take away some of that nose heaviness?:drool:

@ Asane That's also great to hear you love it.:)

Hi Paulie! Nice to see you hard at work 👍

I'll be giving this one a try with my eyes closed. This car needs a lot of tweaking to be competitive and it looks as if you did the job already, so I'm gonna take advantage of that :)

Thanks for continuing to share your work!

LDP GTR Spec X
(828bhp @ 7,200rpm) (89kgfm @ 6,200rpm) (1362kg)

It's definitely got rid of any understeer! It's a lot more lively at low to medium speeds and is planted through high speeds bends. I'll have to adjust my driving to prevent the rear tyres from vaporising too much :lol:

Good work mate 👍

It's definitely got rid of any understeer! It's a lot more lively at low to medium speeds and is planted through high speeds bends. I'll have to adjust my driving to prevent the rear tyres from vaporising too much :lol:

Good work mate 👍

Thanks for the feedback 👍 much appreciated and glad you enjoyed the car. If you are having to much throttle oversteer change the dif to give more front end grunt and it will be less lively out of slower turns but will subsequently understeer a little more under power in higher speed turns.

I've not given it a proper run yet so will spend a bit more time getting used to it but if I'm too ham fisted with the throttle I'll try moving the torque forward a few points. Cheers :)

Thanks for this one! I was able to complete the historic racing challenge with this car and your tune, although I slapped on soft racing tires to be able to squeeze it a bit further. Won Deep Forest in Historic Racing by, if I remember correctly, 0.119 seconds.

At Côte d'Azur, I think I won by ~0.4xx seconds.

Very good tune, even for my quite reckless driving. It just feels balanced and when you've gotten used to how the car handles it becomes a complete beast able to beat Toyota 7's, Chaparall's and those pesky GT40's with grace.

Just make sure you can control the throttle. Don't just slam it, tap it. Then slam it! :)

Braking also feels very stable making it easy to control entry speed and you won't be surprised by any squirming to talk of.

Looking forward to try other LDP tunes. These guys know their ****!​

[/CENTER]

Hi Paulie! Nice to see you hard at work 👍

I'll be giving this one a try with my eyes closed. This car needs a lot of tweaking to be competitive and it looks as if you did the job already, so I'm gonna take advantage of that :)

Thanks for continuing to share your work!

Thankyou, and you're welcome.:) I recommend keeping your eyes open though, I've heard it helps.:sly:

Thanks for this one! I was able to complete the historic racing challenge with this car and your tune, although I slapped on soft racing tires to be able to squeeze it a bit further. Won Deep Forest in Historic Racing by, if I remember correctly, 0.119 seconds.

At Côte d'Azur, I think I won by ~0.4xx seconds.

Very good tune, even for my quite reckless driving. It just feels balanced and when you've gotten used to how the car handles it becomes a complete beast able to beat Toyota 7's, Chaparall's and those pesky GT40's with grace.

Just make sure you can control the throttle. Don't just slam it, tap it. Then slam it! :)

Braking also feels very stable making it easy to control entry speed and you won't be surprised by any squirming to talk of.

Looking forward to try other LDP tunes. These guys know their ****!

Thanks for the feedback,:) those Toyotas and Chapparals aren't easy, it requires some defensive driving at the ends of long straights, but thanks again for the compliments.👍

The best review I've had so far!:D:drool: It's really great to hear I was able to surpise you with it so much, I really like that car. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could put in an LS7 to take away some of that nose heaviness?:drool:

@ Asane That's also great to hear you love it.:)

Good to hear mate. Had a lot of fun with that car, it's a beast. A LS7 in that thing would be something fierce indeed.

Back