RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I'll take it then. :P Thanks! :cheers:

Also we are aware that our images are down. Now all of you have to apologise to Viper717 for stressing his server with your viewing of our images. :lol:

Might I suggest dropbox.com? Free 2GB of storage, with direct links. Bandwidth, unlimited. Downtime? HAH. Never any downtime. :)

I just tried the Volvo C30RM and the Green Meanie both great cars to drive for my driving style and the Green Meanie is tons of fun I like how when I really want to I can do some stylin by sliding out the back end :)

Yeah I sent a thanks over PSN before. Not gotten a chance to drive it yet, tweaking some soon to be released tunes. ;)

Edit: The CR-Z revised settings are up!

👍
Glad to see you tuned out the understeer.
I don't even have to let off on Grand Valley between the first and 2nd tight turns.

Keep up the good work :)

Fastest time I pulled after 10 laps was a 2:08.870
Unfortunately my time board was obliterated by s2000 lap times so i have no idea what the old tune lap times were

Edit: checked my old review, old time was 2:09.764. Not bad, cut off a whole second :D

Last edited:
How much power did your Motul have? The EK9 had about 282bhp so the diff and gearbox were set to reduce wheelspin and give more speed. In a Motul with less power, the diff would need to be lower and a shorter ratio gearbox to suit the car a little better. The EK9 has no aero adjustment so that's why there's none listed. The brake balance again is more suiting of the EK9 than the Motul. I might as well make a proper Motul setup if I'm going to start tweaking the Motul itself without basing it off the EK9. :)

Thank you for having a ton to say about the car! There's a reason your reviews from RVV are on the main RKM page and it's not because you said nothing. ;):P

We are still doing the request thing. Even if we wasn't, we'd have to give you a tune because of all the reviews you gave us back at RVV! :lol: I don't actually have a Kusabi though, if you could add me on PSN and send me a Kusabi, that would be much appreciated. 👍
Haha, I didn't actually drive the EK9. I'm cheap :lol:

I figured I'd leave the power at stock in the Motul, since you didn't say otherwise. Adding more power might help some? Come to think of it, more power, rank up the downforce, adjust the brake balance, and it'd be a very potent little racer. On worse-than-stock tires, for extra fun.

Don't know how to do this whole PSN thing, but I'll give it a go. The Kusabi is a pretty fun car to drive right out of the box.

Hi guys! Wanted to give you my review of RJ's Gallardo. Tested it today and found some issues and some questions. This setting works fine and is better than the standard one. But there are many things those cause problems when you wanna use it online.

At first: Camber: 3.5/4.5
This is the main issue of this setting. You are gonna to lose to much grip through this radical camber. And its a bigger issue when you look at tire wear. As I was testing it at GVS, I could do only 3 fast laps. After changing it to my standard camber, I was able to run 1 lap more at the same speed. It doesn't affect the lap time itself, when you use sport soft. But it will show you the bad side when you are gonna race with race soft! Its way to much lose of grip.. Using race soft, I was able to go faster with standard setting and there is still much time left! So my suggestion, change it back to standard "race car" camber and you will get rid of this loose handling.

The camber is a feel thing; I did indeed notice it overheating the tires very easily but chalked it up to it being a 700hp AWD monster on S3s that spends most of its time sideways in my hands.

Ride Height: -10/-20
I know what you wanted to do with it, but its going to overstress the front outside wheel when you decelerate in a corner (no not braking). Your setting has a general issue with it (not a big one..) and this ride height is going to enhance it. As I said, its not a big issue for GT-Mode, just for online racing.

Actually, I found the ride height to help the car rotate off-throttle... I don't see why you say it will overstress the outside front when it actually keeps stress away from it.

Differential
Initial: 5/7
Accel: 25/35
Braking: 10/25

I know, the standard LSD works fine and there was no need to improve it much. But its not perfect for your setting. It causes a short oversteer teeter when you are going to accelerate in a fast long turn.

I don't entirely see your point here... And this "oversteer teeter" is not something I noticed over several hundred miles of use; it either has a mild push on-throttle or a good bit of oversteer off throttle and when trail-braking.

Braking from high speed
I'm not sure if its just because of my Gallardo (771hp, 1169kg) or if its a issue of your suspension setting. The point is, braking was not that easy as it could be (with this faster Gallardo). Racing tire worked fine and I could ignore it the whole time, but not as I was driving with sport soft. The car got more indirect as it was before (low spring rate). It was nowhere a problem, just here.

The lower weight likely needs a somewhat different suspension setup (less camber would be definitely required) and it also likely pushed the weight balance further rearward, making the braking instability much more pronounced.

So basically, you've run the setup on a car that really in many ways requires one a bit different.

The setting as whole:
This setting works very good, it has character and its very controllable. I personaly wouldn't use this camber, but I would definitely use the rest when I wanted to have fun with this car! It allows you to go fast and to make a very long drift when you want. Its not the fastest setting for this car, that I know. But who wanna drive fast with sport tire? For me its enough to have fun.. and you get much of it with this setting!

It's a car built to retain pace when driving it like an absolute hoon (it's about a second difference at GVS between going sideways everywhere and driving it properly) and therefore make most of the races it's capable of more enjoyable.

Here some questions..
What was the reason for this camber?
Which track have you used for tests?

Camber explained above. Tracks used for testing were all those in the GT World Championship, Rome, and basically anywhere else with a race I could enter it in and have a snowball's chance in hell at.

I didnt have time to test out the 908 tune but i did use the tunes for Lexus LFA 2010 and Ferrari F430 Scuderia. I tested them both on Fuji Speedway GT.

Now, the Ferrari F430 Scuderia.

After testing the LFA for about 30 mins, the contrast of the performance between these two cars are quite bit. The Scuderia improved every aspects that arent very good with the LFA. The acceleration is immense from a 530BHP engine. The revs rise very quickly and satisfyingly. The change from 5th gear to 6th gear is surprisingly slow but the car is quick enough to eat up the whole pit straight of the Fuji Track just topping the top end of the 5th gear. The acceleration helped with many turns on Fuji, accelerating out of slow corners are extremely satisfying and felt like a great improvement upon the LFA.

The handling is also just as great. I was after the quick responsiveness and thats what i got with this tune. The car felt so much lighter than it actually is. Swinging itself into corners and hugging the apexes are easier than ever before. The car does what you tell it to do. It feels almost neutral and balanced. The rear always sticks onto the road unless you give the throttle too much power out of some slow corners. Most of the times it would never lose control unless you intentionally pushed it too far. Maybe because of the addition of front and rear aero parts, the car had a lot more high speed grip.

Lap time of F430 Scuderia @ Fuji GT: 1.34.00X

I enjoyed driving the Scuderia a lot more than any other cars from RKM apart from the NSX of course.

Definitely keep up the great work guys! :D

The Scuderia was a car I found to be absolutely amazing in stock form... So when I tuned it, I attempted to keep much of the same character but plus a good turn of pace and driveability. The result, as you've found, is quite staggering.

Yea, I figured the turbo had something to do with it and you're right about the torque. Thanks for the shift point info. I'll take that and go drive it around a bit more on some different tracks, because I really do love this car now. Thanks again!

::EDIT:: You guys should post up the Enzo tune when you're done with it. It's a lovely car and certainly has oodles of potential. I think the RKM touch could do wonders! I've seen some tunes around other shops for the Enzo, but I'm really curious to see who can come out the victor. I'll send you all one too if you need it. Let me know.

The Enzo I've driven for maybe a grand total of one minute so far as I've not been particularly interested in it... And in that minute, despite the race softs installed on the car given to me I found a car that was nearly undriveable due to understeer. It'll definitely be a bit of a challenge, and the F430 would wind up in the back of my mind, yelling at me that it's better.

Thanks for responding to everything, Can't wait for more tunes.During online play I feel somewhat bad for my opponents LOL

why feel bad when you know you play smart? smart people always have smarter people helping them do stuff better :)

dan

The camber is a feel thing; I did indeed notice it overheating the tires very easily but chalked it up to it being a 700hp AWD monster on S3s that spends most of its time sideways in my hands.

Okey, I was testing it online and as we know, there is a difference betwenn GT-Mode and online mode. It worked fine online (some GT mode settings are messed up when you take them into online mode), it had just an issue with tire wear.

Actually, I found the ride height to help the car rotate off-throttle... I don't see why you say it will overstress the outside front when it actually keeps stress away from it.

The lower weight likely needs a somewhat different suspension setup (less camber would be definitely required) and it also likely pushed the weight balance further rearward, making the braking instability much more pronounced.

So basically, you've run the setup on a car that really in many ways requires one a bit different.

As I was testing on GVS, it was easy to overheat the outside front while braking and while keeping it to roll. My Gallardo is lighter, but not that much.. Because of the online mode, I had fuel onboard (100 liter = ~75kg) and the difference was just ~38-42kg. (Or am I wrong with more weight in online mode?) Think its a issue of your low spring rate. As I changed the ride height to -15/-15 (harder front), I could notice a discharge on the front. (observed it after the second 180° turn, in those 2 left curves)
My setting was never smoking there like yours. But I sure don't wanna go sideways with my Gallardo ^^

I don't entirely see your point here... And this "oversteer teeter" is not something I noticed over several hundred miles of use; it either has a mild push on-throttle or a good bit of oversteer off throttle and when trail-braking.

Your initial value on the front is to low. So when you drive a long turn with constant speed and work with throttle, then the rear is going to push the front for a short moment when you begin to accelerate/hold speed (the rear begins to work earlier than the front). This is annoying when you wanna hold the line.

It's a car built to retain pace when driving it like an absolute hoon (it's about a second difference at GVS between going sideways everywhere and driving it properly) and therefore make most of the races it's capable of more enjoyable.

Camber explained above. Tracks used for testing were all those in the GT World Championship, Rome, and basically anywhere else with a race I could enter it in and have a snowball's chance in hell at.

Okey its a GT-Mode setting and sure it works there. But I made the experience that such a setting has still small issues (ooh yes and big ones too.. Veyron, LP640 as example) when you take them out to online mode. So I begun to make my settings in my online lobby and they still worked perfect as I used them in GT-Mode. GT-Mode forgives to much..

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks cars act weird when online.
There's a whole thread about it on the online section about how it may be possible that the physics engine is slightly different rather than just tire wear and fuel.

Even after running multiple laps in a lobby I was still never close to my GT-life times.
One test I even ran at half throttle for a few laps to warm up the tires without wearing them down.

There's a whole thread about it on the online section about how it may be possible that the physics engine is slightly different rather than just tire wear and fuel.

Its easy to explain. Online mode has a handicap.. Spring Rate is softer, LSD works finer, high camber cause tire wear and so on..

I can send the Enzo to either one of you guys. Since i dont use it anymore and it handles like crap. It is quite fast though.

Will add you on PSN tomorrow.

just saw this. thanks my PSN is ranz_andrei

that is if you still want to give me your enzo

just saw this. thanks my PSN is ranz_andrei

that is if you still want to give me your enzo

Sorry, he sent me the Enzo already. :P

I have to say, I see why you guys wanted us to do an Enzo. It's rubbish! :yuck: The brakes feel like they're from a Suzuki Alto and the handling feels like it's on Comfort tyres instead of Racing tyres. 👎 That said, I've managed to make it driveable so now it's just a case of gradually making it faster. :D

In other news, we are fixing our links so that when you click them, all you will see is the setup post, not the posts around it. Hopefully this will make viewing our setups easier. 👍

Sorry for the downtime guys, my host had some issues yesterday. Now were back up and running with lots of bandwidth to go :)

RKM Motorsport’s Camaro SC550

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 547 BHP (@195.7 miles)
Torque:---- 555 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1318 kg

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.226
2nd:-- 2.072
3rd:-- 1.470
4th:-- 1.098
5th:-- 0.863
6th:-- 0.713
7th:-- x.xxx
Final: 3.450
Max Speed: 242

Drivetrain
Differential:

Initial: xx/7
Accel:-- xx/20
Braking: xx/20

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 11.5/7.2
Extension:-- 6/4
Compression: 8/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/1
Camber:----- 2.3/2.8
Toe:-------- -0.05/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 8/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Disclaimer: Both the LDP as well as the RKM tunes were tested with a power rating of 592HP.
This includes max upgrades for everything with the exception being:
Semi-Racing Exhaust was used rather than Full Racing Exhaust
Zero Engine Tuning Upgrades.

Test Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Best Lap: 1:54.834

Just got done reviewing the LDP tune for this car, and I must say this is a definite improvement all around. What I did feel, was the same tendencies in both tunes, but this one was much less drastic for me, which allowed me to pull a lap time a full second quicker! (1.096)

Entry: The first thing I notice, is that with this increased amount of Brake Balance, the car stops much quicker, allowing me to drive it in a bit harder, which I very much like. This factor alone, let me gain about 2-3 tenths on the first corner of the track. As soon as I got the car slowed up, let it settle and started through the turn, I notice a touch more turn in, that LDP lacked.

Center: A lot less understeer. I truly enjoy a car that rotates, and while it's still not where I'd like it to be, it's definitely ahead of LDP. I could get back to the throttle a little sooner, but this car requires discipline when it comes to throttle control. Feather footing is a must to turn quick lap times.

Exit: The better handling ability through the middle, set me up much nicer for the exit, but again, for some reason I keep getting the feeling the car want's to spin for no apparent reason when exiting corners. It's almost reminiscent of what happens when I take a perfectly balanced car, and run it online. All of the sudden, the back end, just wants to rotate on exit, as if the car was high centered on something. It was less of an issue with the RKM tune, but absolutely still there. Again, it didn't appear to be an LSD issue, nor a heavy foot issue, as neither tire indicator showed any signs of heating up. This again leads me to believe it's something with the rear toe of the car. RKM's settings have .10 less positive toe, in the back, which could explain why it was better, but still present. I may try dropping the rear toe to 0.0 and see what happens just out of curiosity, or, swap the tires to Racing Hard.

Overall, it made the car more enjoyable, and consistent. Smoother around the track, better braking and more controllable. And when you combine all of these, you find yourself running quicker lap times than the competitor. Unfortunately this car is a touch on the heavy side and it has no aspect of speed when driving. It feels very sluggish and lacks the fun factor.

Last edited:
Okey, I was testing it online and as we know, there is a difference betwenn GT-Mode and online mode. It worked fine online (some GT mode settings are messed up when you take them into online mode), it had just an issue with tire wear.

The tire wear issue is not entirely surprising to me; it seems AWD cars in general are disastrous in terms of tire wear (though they do it the "safe" way normally, with the fronts going away first).

As I was testing on GVS, it was easy to overheat the outside front while braking and while keeping it to roll. My Gallardo is lighter, but not that much.. Because of the online mode, I had fuel onboard (100 liter = ~75kg) and the difference was just ~38-42kg. (Or am I wrong with more weight in online mode?) Think its a issue of your low spring rate. As I changed the ride height to -15/-15 (harder front), I could notice a discharge on the front. (observed it after the second 180° turn, in those 2 left curves)
My setting was never smoking there like yours. But I sure don't wanna go sideways with my Gallardo ^^

Hmm... I tended to only have the fronts overstress when on-throttle, not off-throttle. The fuel weight should counteract the weight balance change from further weight reduction but I may be wrong... If there is less weight on the front of the car, a more even ride height would help.

As for going sideways... It's fun, and in the case of the Gallardo, not much slower than proper grip driving. And very difficult to get wrong as long as you don't countersteer excessively.

Your initial value on the front is to low. So when you drive a long turn with constant speed and work with throttle, then the rear is going to push the front for a short moment when you begin to accelerate/hold speed (the rear begins to work earlier than the front). This is annoying when you wanna hold the line.

Hmm... I do quite a lot of throttle play and I never really noticed an issue with that. It also seems that initial torque only really affects the transition between accel and decel (and vice-versa)... So a low initial will cause a very momentary "unlocking" of the differential as you get on the throttle or let off, an initial higher than either the accel or decel value will cause momentary locking, etc. Really I should retest it and set initial somewhere between the accel and decel values of each to make the transitions more "linear" but I'm simply not feeling it at the moment.

Okey its a GT-Mode setting and sure it works there. But I made the experience that such a setting has still small issues (ooh yes and big ones too.. Veyron, LP640 as example) when you take them out to online mode. So I begun to make my settings in my online lobby and they still worked perfect as I used them in GT-Mode. GT-Mode forgives to much..

I'd be willing to bet that the Veyron and LP640/670 SV have more overall potential than the Gallardo... Power output is an obvious advantage (particularly for the Veyron), but I also reckon there's more grip available from them (much like the '10 Camaro SS has more grip than the '07 Mustang GT when they should be on somewhat equal terms).

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks cars act weird when online.

Even after running multiple laps in a lobby I was still never close to my GT-life times.
One test I even ran at half throttle for a few laps to warm up the tires without wearing them down.

I'm starting to think fuel weight is playing a larger role than we care to admit... If you tune an MR/RR or MAWD/RAWD car for offline and take it online, the change in weight distribution will effectively give the car more grip at the front end, resulting in oversteer. If you tune an FF, FR, FAWD offline there will be more weight in the rear, which depending on the setup, can cause overloading of the outside rear when cornering, resulting in oversteer.

Its easy to explain. Online mode has a handicap.. Spring Rate is softer, LSD works finer, high camber cause tire wear and so on..

Spring rate is softer as in? Online mode magically makes your springs softer somehow? Or do you mean they need to be softer? LSD's effects seem to be much the same IMO, camber is something I've not given too much testing in terms of tire wear though, merely feel. A pyrometer would make things so much easier...

I have to say, I see why you guys wanted us to do an Enzo. It's rubbish! :yuck: The brakes feel like they're from a Suzuki Alto and the handling feels like it's on Comfort tyres instead of Racing tyres. 👎 That said, I've managed to make it driveable so now it's just a case of gradually making it faster. :D

Aye, I'll be chipping in on this as well as we now have two identical save paintwork Enzos...

Sorry for the downtime guys, my host had some issues yesterday. Now were back up and running with lots of bandwidth to go :)

It wasn't too much of a downtime so...

Best Lap: 1:55.835

That's pretty bloody quick.

Just got done reviewing the LDP tune for this car, and I must say this is a definite improvement all around. What I did feel, was the same tendencies in both tunes, but this one was much less drastic for me, which allowed me to pull a lap time nearly 2 seconds faster (1.9).

Interesting... Everyone else has seen the LDP version to be slightly quicker but less consistent.

Entry: The first thing I notice, is that with this increased amount of Brake Balance, the car stops much quicker, allowing me to drive it in a bit harder, which I very much like. This factor alone, let me gain about 2-3 tenths on the first corner of the track. As soon as I got the car slowed up, let it settle and started through the turn, I notice a touch more turn in, that LDP lacked.

Can't say I'm surprised here; entry is usually my main concern.

Center: A lot less understeer. I truly enjoy a car that rotates, and while it's still not where I'd like it to be, it's definitely ahead of LDP. I could get back to the throttle a little sooner, but this car requires discipline when it comes to throttle control. Feather footing is a must to turn quick lap times.

It requires a bit of respect with the throttle in 2nd and a slow roll-on in 3rd on some corners but I found it very tractable (LDP's version snaps more when grip is exceeded I found).

Exit: The better handling ability through the middle, set me up much nicer for the exit, but again, for some reason I keep getting the feeling the car want's to spin for no apparent reason when exiting corners. It's almost reminiscent of what happens when I take a perfectly balanced car, and run it online. All of the sudden, the back end, just wants to rotate on exit, as if the car was high centered on something. It was less of an issue with the RKM tune, but absolutely still there. Again, it didn't appear to be an LSD issue, nor a heavy foot issue, as neither tire indicator showed any signs of heating up. This again leads me to believe it's something with the rear toe of the car. RKM's settings have .10 less positive toe, in the back, which could explain why it was better, but still present. I may try dropping the rear toe to 0.0 and see what happens just out of curiosity, or, swap the tires to Racing Hard.

It feels a bit less stable than it is... But being cruel with the throttle can and will send you off. If you try less accel # it should become a bit more stable at a small decrease in corner exit speed.

Overall, it made the car more enjoyable, and consistent. Smoother around the track, better braking and more controllable. And when you combine all of these, you find yourself running laps 2 seconds quicker than the competitor. Unfortunately this car is a touch on the heavy side and it has no aspect of speed when driving. It feels very sluggish and lacks the fun factor.

Ironically, it feeling "slow" is exactly why it's so quick. The cornering speeds you actually achieve in it are blindingly fast compared to even my beloved RX-7 and it's certainly no slouch on straights.

Hey guys, thanks and congrats for fantastic contribution to this forum. I've just joined (first post!) but I've been stalking tuning garages for some time, and gave your settings (as well as some of the others!) a try ... with satisfactory results!

I'm not in the position to write full reviews at the moment, but I ran around with my Gallardo, RX-8, Civic, Mx-5, Micra and CR-z tuned according to your suggestions and I always found huge improvements compared to standard.

Both myself and my Bob have enjoyed the rides, particularly the Lambo and the Honda FFs ones (which are very similar - in fact when the CR-z one wasn't out I've just borrowed the Civic one, which I had already used on two different Civics of different eras and on the Motul Civic Race Car).

Also, your Tuning Garage has a very "good-looking" layout, very captivating indeed.

One suggestion, if I may: I think the popularity of your garage would greatly increase (assuming that's what you're aiming for?) if you'd routinely post tunes to suit the seasonal events.

I know now that restrictions are gone from the Bonus Races it's way to easy to beat them buy overkilling it with Superchargers and what may have you, but time trials are indeed a mad challenge, particularly for those who - just like yours truly - love the game but have no clue about tuning (and I suppose I'm not the only reader here with same condition).

So, well, time-permitting you could identify what car suits best the time trial, and ... tune it to perfection as you did with the others!

Keep up the good work guys, you're bookmarked! (no, it ain't no threat!) lol

The tire wear issue is not entirely surprising to me; it seems AWD cars in general are disastrous in terms of tire wear (though they do it the "safe" way normally, with the fronts going away first).

I noticed it because I was running your setting and mine alongside, just to see the difference. And it was to obvious that high cambar is causing tire wear. Your setting was using the tires for 20-25% more than my setting did. As I changed the camber on your setting, it was suddenly at normal level. (fast laps without sideways)

Hmm... I tended to only have the fronts overstress when on-throttle, not off-throttle. The fuel weight should counteract the weight balance change from further weight reduction but I may be wrong... If there is less weight on the front of the car, a more even ride height would help.

I'd be willing to bet that the Veyron and LP640/670 SV have more overall potential than the Gallardo... Power output is an obvious advantage (particularly for the Veyron), but I also reckon there's more grip available from them (much like the '10 Camaro SS has more grip than the '07 Mustang GT when they should be on somewhat equal terms).

Spring rate is softer as in? Online mode magically makes your springs softer somehow? Or do you mean they need to be softer? LSD's effects seem to be much the same IMO, camber is something I've not given too much testing in terms of tire wear though, merely feel. A pyrometer would make things so much easier...

Yes the spring rate is softer in online mode. If you wanna have the same result as in GT-Mode, you have to raise the values for some clicks (~0.5 or so). Did my setting always online and as I used them in GT-Mode, the suspension was to hard (jumped on some curbs, where it was perfect in online mode).. So I have to lower my spring rate every time for GT-Mode. The LSD is working alike, BUT.. you can adjust it much finer in online mode than in GT-Mode.

It seems like we get a handicap at every potential value. Weight transfer is here the keyword for LP640/670, Veyron and Elise.. Not only that the spring rate is softer, the weight itself has more movement. Thats what I think..

As example:
- LP640 Chrome = car weight: 1396kg, fuel weight in %: ~5%
GT-Mode: At daytona you can drive this car without any problem. Even when you handle it rough, it will not spin.
Online: You will spin.. you have to be very careful to be able to do a clean lap on Daytona!

- Motor Sport Elise = car weight: 648kg, fuel weight in %: ~11,5%
Online: You have to be careful on brakes, otherwise you will lose the rear.
GT-Mode: You can push this car on its limit, it will still drive like a train on trails..
GT-Mode Endurance: Even with 111,5% of original weight, the car is still a very agile train!!

Hmm... I do quite a lot of throttle play and I never really noticed an issue with that. It also seems that initial torque only really affects the transition between accel and decel (and vice-versa)... So a low initial will cause a very momentary "unlocking" of the differential as you get on the throttle or let off, an initial higher than either the accel or decel value will cause momentary locking, etc. Really I should retest it and set initial somewhere between the accel and decel values of each to make the transitions more "linear" but I'm simply not feeling it at the moment.

Its not only the momentary unlocking, it will unlock with more torque at this moment. My LSD for the Gallardo looks way different from the default. When you treat the front and the rear separately, than you will get an amazing result.. My LSD alows me to hold the line off-throttle and to push the car to a slightly oversteer (on the front) on-throttle. When you are going to retest it, than do it in your online lobby. I personally was surprised how fine the LSD is working, and it still worked in GT-Mode.

RKM Motorsport’s Integra Type R Turbo

IntegraTypeRTurbo.jpg

IntegraTypeRTurbo_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda Integra Type R (DC5) ‘04
Obtained: Brand new model at Honda

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 394 BHP (@ 136.2 miles)
Torque:---- 33 kgfm
Weight:---- 950 kg
PP:-------- 541

PARTS
GT Auto

Racing Modifications
Rays Volk Racing CE28N Wheels

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 15/25

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.371
2nd:-- 2.458
3rd:-- 1.930
4th:-- 1.585
5th:-- 1.362
6th:-- 1.226
Final: 3.000
Max Speed: 130 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 24/0
Accel:-- 35/0
Braking: 15/0

Suspension
Suspension

Spring Rate: 11.5/5.0
Extension:-- 7/4
Compression: 5/3
Anti-Roll:-- 3/5
Camber:----- 2.0/1.5
Toe:-------- –0.10/-0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Meet the Integra Type R Turbo. Following in the footsteps of the Civic Type R Turbo, this Integra has around 390bhp and turns corners like a dream. However at some point, it decided to stop following the Civic, and overtake it instead. With racing modifications, the Integra weighs over 100kg less than the Civic and with plenty of downforce, keeps the car firmly stuck to the road. The Integra is in a whole league above the Civic, with its high-speed capabilities, this isn’t far off from being the fastest FF road car around.

24th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.
20th Sep 2011 - Transmission & LSD settings.

Last edited:
Double suprise for Honda fans today. As well as the Integra above, we've also revised the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary. It's alot better than before. ;)

RKM Motorsport’s Romeo

Romeo.jpg

Romeo_Big.jpg

Based on: 2004 Lotus Elise 111R
Obtained: New Car Dealership

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 312 BHP (@ 53.2 miles)
Torque:---- 199 ft-lb
Weight:---- 720 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Racing Modification

Tuning Shop
Chassis Stiffening
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High-RPM Turbo Kit
FC LSD
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 20/45

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.375
2nd:-- 2.301
3rd:-- 1.693
4th:-- 1.305
5th:-- 1.054
6th:-- 0.892
Final: 4.529
Max Speed: 180

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: xx/17
Accel:-- xx/25
Braking: xx/10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-15
Spring Rate: 7.2/9.7
Extension:-- 10/10
Compression: 8/8
Anti-Roll:-- 6/2
Camber:----- 3.1/3.7
Toe:-------- 0.00/0.07

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/7

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments: Say hello to Romeo. He will do anything for his beloved Juliet, including destroying those she can't... It's been said that he holds cornering speeds reserved for those equipped with full race slicks... On street-legal semi-slicks.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Juliet

Juliet.jpg

Juliet_Big.jpg

Based on: Lotus Elise 111R ‘04
Obtained: Brand new model at Lotus

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 257 BHP (@ 134.2 miles)
Torque:---- 23 kgfm
Weight:---- 759 kg
PP:-------- 521

PARTS
GT Auto

Rays Volk Racing RE30 Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Extension
Type B Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.840
2nd:-- 1.963
3rd:-- 1.545
4th:-- 1.271
5th:-- 1.051
6th:-- 0.881
Final: 4.530
Max Speed: 193 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/20
Accel:-- 0/40
Braking: 0/7

Suspension
Suspension

Spring Rate: 6.5/10.0
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 3/3
Camber:----- 1.3/1.5
Toe:-------- –0.10/-0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Just like you, I hated how the 111R handled in the Top Gear special event. So when it was time to buy one for my own needs, I decided to make an Elise that would restore everyone’s faith in it.

So this is Juliet. She may be cute, but she’s also insanely fast. There’s no ridiculous sliding or lack of braking control here, just pure grip and the confidence to use it. She’ll beat cars with twice the power and embarrass high end supercars around the twisties. If she doesn’t restore your faith in the Elise, nothing will.

How she got this fast? Well, she spent all day playing kiss chase with the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary. Sorry Romeo.

24th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Last edited:
Double suprise for Honda fans today. As well as the Integra above, we've also revised the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary. It's alot better than before. ;)

And now to go with our pair of Elises, the RX-7 R400 has been updated as well. It now works far better online than before and more than a bit better offline.

I think you guys should go public with the 908 tune.

Its extremely nimble and fast. Just ran about 30 laps on Suzuka and the car eats up the track like no other. Maybe slight on the twitchy side, you could tweak it a bit so it doesnt oversteer on the corners like the one before the bridge.

Last edited:
^ I second that. I just got my 908 from a guy in Belgium for the X2010 I never drove. I would love an RKM tune for it :)

...or the Enzo I know you guys have been working on ;)

Last edited:
RJ knows you guys want the 908 released, he'll release it once he gets a chance to. :)

The Enzo is being worked on, but is a long way from being race-ready. It's road-ready, but not race-ready. :P

We've also got a project in the works, we're not saying what it is, but it's something a bit more than a couple of tunes. ;)

We're also entering the Budget Car Challenge. We like building budget tunes so this'll be lots of fun for us. We might even start releasing budget tunes if we do well. :D

Best Lap: 1:55.835

Just got done reviewing the LDP tune for this car, and I must say this is a definite improvement all around. What I did feel, was the same tendencies in both tunes, but this one was much less drastic for me, which allowed me to pull a lap time nearly 2 seconds faster (1.9).

Overall, it made the car more enjoyable, and consistent. Smoother around the track, better braking and more controllable. And when you combine all of these, you find yourself running laps 2 seconds quicker than the competitor. Unfortunately this car is a touch on the heavy side and it has no aspect of speed when driving. It feels very sluggish and lacks the fun factor.

Test Track #2: Deep Forest
Best Lap: 1:15.883

So, I took the car to a different track to compare the 2 tunes again. This time Deep Forest Raceway. A short but fun track. Here I didn't feel as if the back end wanted to come around unwarranted, but there's still the higher Accel LSD setting than I prefer, to remind me I can't punch the gas at my leisure. I ran about 10 laps, 5 to get warmed up, and use to the sport softs again, as well as made sure to put RKM first, as to be fair to LDP since they went first last time. Overall the car has a nice entry, but still lacks the rotation through the center, and still wants to push on exit, but felt pretty good all around.

With the LDP tune I managed to run 1:15.966
I made a video, shows the LDP tune side by side with the RKM ghost.
Uploading as we speak, will post later on tonight.

Back