RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I have just tried the Corvette Z06 RM settings and what can I say.....awesome!!

I bought the car as it seemed like a cheap way to a full racing car however was very disappointed due to massive understeer followed by snap oversteer whilst seeming like driving on ice.

The new setting have made such a powerful car exceptionally neutral, turn in is electric whilst the softer rear end allows you to get on the power earlier and earlier. this applies to most types of corner due to high mechanical grip backed up by equal downforce in the higher speed twisties.I have really tried to upset this car (within reason as it still will bite) for example braking over the crest in to the corkscrew at Laguna whilst turning does nothing to upset the car as it starts to slide and can be caught very easily. For such a large car it is very easy to drive.

Overall I am very impressed with the setup and going to try others from now on.

Ok thanks I will give it a try. 👍

Lemme know how it goes.

I have just tried the Corvette Z06 RM settings and what can I say.....awesome!!

I bought the car as it seemed like a cheap way to a full racing car however was very disappointed due to massive understeer followed by snap oversteer whilst seeming like driving on ice.

The new setting have made such a powerful car exceptionally neutral, turn in is electric whilst the softer rear end allows you to get on the power earlier and earlier. this applies to most types of corner due to high mechanical grip backed up by equal downforce in the higher speed twisties.I have really tried to upset this car (within reason as it still will bite) for example braking over the crest in to the corkscrew at Laguna whilst turning does nothing to upset the car as it starts to slide and can be caught very easily. For such a large car it is very easy to drive.

Overall I am very impressed with the setup and going to try others from now on.

Glad to hear you liked it, and more importantly that it's resulted in you planning on coming back 👍 If there are any issues that you can try and point out, I'd like to hear.

Any chance you guys could.provide a nice tune for the Mazda RX7 LM Race Car

If I had one, I might tune it. Eventually.

Or you could follow the process for a request outlined in the first post. 👍

Hello,
I finally got around to doing the new seasonal events that popped up last week.
I figured why not test-run two of the cars while I'm at it :)

Volvo C30
After reading some of the reviews I had pretty high expectations of this car.
However, to me, the car had pretty noticable understeer under braking. I double checked all my settings, and even the installed parts (I noticed you didn't install engine upgrade 3 or window weight reduction).
Once I let off the brakes the car tucked in and kept it's line.
On corner exit it held it's line even with the most brutal throttle inputs.

I tried playing with the rear toe and the diff-braking settings but I couldn't get it to solve the problem. Perhaps my driving style is just different from yours as I prefer to late-brake. Not exactly FF-friendly.

Dodge Challenger
After seeing the numbers once I build thing thing from new, I thought for sure this car was going to be a handful. I was quite delighted to find that it actually handled quite nicely.
I think the diff could use a bit of fine tuning, the car is very sensitive to throttle inputs as far as steering goes. Under braking, the car understeers. Once you let off the gas, the car tucks in and is tame. Once I get on the throttle the car understeers again, just slightly. This, obviously, is with light throttle as mashing on the throttle generally kicks the rear end out

Great cars, completely overkill for the seasonal events, but fun to drive.
Looking forward to more of your tunes :)

I'm going to review the Roj Golf GTI in a different way. I used its settings as an experiment on the New Beetle 2.0 because it's built on the same chassis. 315bhp, 1045kg, so slightly heavier, and no aerodynamics.

On the Bug, which uses Racing Soft tyres (probably helped)...I was blown away. No understeer at all - in fact, if you lift the throttle at the wrong time there;s a fair bit of lift-off oversteer. Fast into bends, fast around them with little/no understeer and rapid out. This was on city courses which I thought would be the best test. It was also very quick around Monza. Good for a few easy Expert/Extreme-level wins in one of the gayest cars on the game!

Because I was so impressed by this (even though it was not on the car you guys intended) I've come here for inspiration on how to set up my last few project cars.

Hello,
I finally got around to doing the new seasonal events that popped up last week.
I figured why not test-run two of the cars while I'm at it :)

Dodge Challenger
After seeing the numbers once I build thing thing from new, I thought for sure this car was going to be a handful. I was quite delighted to find that it actually handled quite nicely.
I think the diff could use a bit of fine tuning, the car is very sensitive to throttle inputs as far as steering goes. Under braking, the car understeers. Once you let off the gas, the car tucks in and is tame. Once I get on the throttle the car understeers again, just slightly. This, obviously, is with light throttle as mashing on the throttle generally kicks the rear end out

Great cars, completely overkill for the seasonal events, but fun to drive.
Looking forward to more of your tunes :)
Letting RJ reply to the Volvo review, although I will say that the brakes do have an apparent problem at the front end. The Focus RS has the same problem.

Anyway the Challenger. I knew people would use it for the seasonal, so I tuned it for max power. That way it works on max power and if anyone is using less power, it would be even easier to drive. :D The diff was purposely set that way, so it would understeer and give you stability rather than become a wild muscle car.

Thanks for the reviews! :)👍

I'm going to review the Roj Golf GTI in a different way. I used its settings as an experiment on the New Beetle 2.0 because it's built on the same chassis. 315bhp, 1045kg, so slightly heavier, and no aerodynamics.

On the Bug, which uses Racing Soft tyres (probably helped)...I was blown away. No understeer at all - in fact, if you lift the throttle at the wrong time there;s a fair bit of lift-off oversteer. Fast into bends, fast around them with little/no understeer and rapid out. This was on city courses which I thought would be the best test. It was also very quick around Monza. Good for a few easy Expert/Extreme-level wins in one of the gayest cars on the game!

Because I was so impressed by this (even though it was not on the car you guys intended) I've come here for inspiration on how to set up my last few project cars.

I think the tyres did alot of the work, but it's good to see that that Golf IV settings work on a Beetle. Although it sounds like it behaves alot better than the Golf does. :lol:

Did you paint the Beetle pink? Please say you did. :P

Well it wouldn't be the first time someone's used our settings for another car. People have been putting my Civic VTi-R settings on Motul Civic's for over a month now. :lol: We've got a wide range of tunes, hopefully you find something to get some inspiration from. 👍

What is the chance of doing me a tune for a Lamborghini LP670-4 SV, I have the car available if necessary to send to you.

After the tune would I get the car back/how does it work?

Damo

What is the chance of doing me a tune for a Lamborghini LP670-4 SV, I have the car available if necessary to send to you.

After the tune would I get the car back/how does it work?

Damo

Request Policy

We’re continuing our “1 review = 1 tune” offer. You review a car of ours from the above lists and in exchange, we’ll tune up a car for you. It's preferred you supply the car with all wanted parts already equipped but not 100% needed (may take more time if we have to buy + modify the car).

We like detailed reviews, such as this, this, and this. Hint hint. Videos accompanying the reviews are even better. ;)

If you follow our request policy, then you'll have a good chance of getting a LP670 tune. :D

You can send us the car and then we'll tune it to your desired specs. If you want it back we'll have no problem sending it back. You'll also get a little shoutout when we release the tune here. :)👍

Brilliant, I have reviewed your Corvette Z06 tune (can go into more detail if needed).

How do I get the car to you? I'll even do comparison lap times of the Nurburgring for completeness.

Damo

Brilliant, I have reviewed your Corvette Z06 tune (can go into more detail if needed).

How do I get the car to you? I'll even do comparison lap times of the Nurburgring for completeness.

Damo

It's up to RJ to determine whether the review needs more detail or not in order to qualify. It's just our in-house rule that whoever's car was reviewed, has to take the request unless there's some special circumstance. I'll ask him as soon as I can. 👍

You can add us on PSN and just gift one of us the car. Then we'll tune it and send it back at the first possible moment. :)

Damo

All I ask is if there are any issues you can find with it, please let me know about them.

As for the LP and getting it to me, just add me on PSN and send it. I'll set her up, probably write the settings down somewhere, and send 'er back.

A C63 is in the works, perfect.
I have been playing GT since the beginning and your tunes are some of the best I have ever encountered. The Civic VTi, The Supra, MX-5, C30, and the Yari Yari are brilliant.

The only tune that I have used that is not perfect for me is the Lambo. Under braking the rear just has a mind of its own. I have played with the balance and have been using DS3 left finger braking. What I have found is 3/3 for heavy braking and 7/6 for high speed corners. Not perfect but it seems to help. Everything else about the tune is very good. Survive the braking zone, square the corner, and bury the loud pedal. Mid corner the car has excellent lateral grip and is very consistent as long as your treat it with respect. Corner exit the car is also very good, extremely stable and almost no understeer even under full acceleration. At momentum tracks such as Rome and Deep Forest, it is pretty good. But at heavy braking tracks such as Nürburgring GP/F and Sarthe, it is virtual suicide. As a side note, in the rain the car is actually brillant with a brake balance of 2/3 and going softer by one unit on the spring rates.

Keep up the great work.

Last edited:
All I ask is if there are any issues you can find with it, please let me know about them.

As for the LP and getting it to me, just add me on PSN and send it. I'll set her up, probably write the settings down somewhere, and send 'er back.

The only issue is one i found last night after taking the Corvette around the Nurburgring. It doesn't handle bumps well at all and will follow camber changes so much that you either have to brake into Fuchsröhre or it will drag you left across the track as it turns up hill. Also putting even a hint of the wheels off the track and it will slide big time although that is to be expected.

I have a small amount of suspension knowledge (not a lot) so raised the ride height to 40 F/R and lowered the spring rates to 10.5F 6.5R which really helped but only got chance for half a lap so need to tweak these further. With these changes Fuchsröhre was once again flat and braking up hte hill wasn't too much of a problem. Managed to maintain much of the cars turn in and ability to get on the power early.

Any ideas on further tweaks for Nurburgring? maybe some less toe out at the rear for stability?

I'm going to try your skyline setting tonight if I get chance for a long enough spin.

Damo

I just tried your 2010 Camaro tune and all i have to say is wow.This car is just pure heaven to drive.

I would have to rank this tune with my top 5 most loved tunes. 👍

MX-5 SC

Everybody knows the MX-5 light, agile, and low powered, RKM's Tune have made the car far lighter (which was needed due to it's low power), far better around the corners (almost beat a Skyline GT-R With it) and far more powerful (But still a small 240hp).

I took it out on the Corner filled Tsukuba Circuit and it beat most of the cars I Threw at it (in the corners that is). Took it back to the top gear test track and it wasn't really fast, but it was fun. Needless to say, this car is not a car for serious racers, I would Go with the S15 Spec V or Midnight Z for that, this cute little green Miata is for having fun.

Full Review coming soon to a Internet Connected computer near you.

MX-5 SC

Everybody knows the MX-5 light, agile, and low powered, RKM's Tune have made the car far lighter (which was needed due to it's low power), far better around the corners (almost beat a Skyline GT-R With it) and far more powerful (But still a small 240hp).

I took it out on the Corner filled Tsukuba Circuit and it beat most of the cars I Threw at it (in the corners that is). Took it back to the top gear test track and it wasn't really fast, but it was fun. Needless to say, this car is not a car for serious racers, I would Go with the S15 Spec V or Midnight Z for that, this cute little green Miata is for having fun.

Full Review coming soon to a Internet Connected computer near you.
Yeah it's definately not a high speed track car, it's much more suited to Tsukuba, Autumn Ring and such. Glad you found it fun to drive! Looking forwarrd to the full review. 👍

-=RKM Motorsport’s RX-7 R400=-
This car is a dream to drive, i'm using the older setup that was posted prior to the Jan update and it works wonders.

Slam on the gas and away it goes, holds nice through the corners. I've upgraded the tuning and maxed out the parts available and the car still preforms as expected. Deff one of my fav cars to drive both offline and online. I will try the updated setup and see if it improves upon an already great thing!

Well I have some unfortunate news. My HKS PS3 controller has that common problem where the wheel will keep steering right, even when you go left. Since there's no known fix for it yet, I've decided to put it away and wait for a possible way to fix it. So I'm back to using my trusty DS3.

If anyone knows how to fix it, please PM me. 👍

RKM Motorsport’s Lord Zed

LordZed.jpg

LordZed_Big.jpg

Based on: 2007 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33)
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 435 BHP (@ 140.2 miles)
Torque:---- 390 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1228 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
RAYS Volk Racing TE37 wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type A

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Chassis Reinforcement
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Sports Exhaust
Supercharger
FC Gearbox
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.514
2nd:-- 2.257
3rd:-- 1.607
4th:-- 1.196
5th:-- 0.940
6th:-- 0.777
Final: 3.538
Max Speed: 242

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: xx/14
Accel:-- xx/35
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 7.5/5.5
Extension:-- 5/7
Compression: 3/5
Anti-Roll:-- 2/5
Camber:----- 2.1/3.7
Toe:-------- -0.15/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 4/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The Z33 in stock form (as well as once modified but with stock settings) is reasonably good handling but it's difficult to tell what it wants to do.

That feeling of uncertainty is gone. But Lord Zed does not let you tell him what to do, he tells you.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s C63 AMG

C63AMG.jpg

C63AMG_Big.jpg

Based on: Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG ‘08
Obtained: Brand new from Mercedes-Benz

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 534 BHP (@ 46.6 miles)
Torque:---- 68 kgfm
Weight:---- 1403 kg
PP:-------- 540

PARTS
GT Auto

Type A Front Aero

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.638
2nd:-- 2.451
3rd:-- 1.787
4th:-- 1.390
5th:-- 1.161
6th:-- 0.980
7th:-- 0.859
Final: 3.000
Max Speed: 255 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/20
Accel:-- 0/35
Braking: 0/15

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 10.2/8.4
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 4/3
Camber:----- 2.1/1.7
Toe:-------- -0.20/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
YassirNosir gave us a really sweet review of the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary, which earned him a free tune from us. He sent us a fully loaded Mercedes C63 AMG, completely fresh with 0 miles, for us to work our magic with.

This wasn’t the first time we’ve tuned a C63. We have a 785bhp one tuned to relieve any stress we may have, in a very smokey and slidey way. So by using these settings as a base for the 660bhp C63 request tune, we already had the power under control. All that was left was to further tweak the car for fast circuit work. Do note that the only reason we downgraded the exhaust for the public release was for the sound only. You are very free to put a racing exhaust back on.

The end result is this. A C63 AMG capable of taking on the Nurburgring and any of its rivals that happen to be in front of it. Remember this car has a lot of torque, so careful second gear throttle is needed, but at high speed this C63 is planted to the ground and capable of insane speed.

New for Spec II, the C63 AMG returns with less power and ditches the rear wing. The wing was removed because really, who puts a wing on a C63 AMG? Us, apparently, but now we're correcting our mistake. With over 100 less horsepower, straight-line muscle has been turned down a notch, but to make up for this, handling has dramatically improved. This C63 AMG will now embarrass an M5, RS4 or any other performance saloon you can think of. Also we put the stock exhaust back on, so enjoy that AMG rumble as you walk the R8 around the Nurburgring.

25th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.
19th Dec 2011 - Parts list changes & Spec II adjustments.

Last edited:
LEXUS LFA GT

First Impressions

I just tried out this awesome, awesome tune and all I can say is wow. As someone who has never tried a 'professional' tune before, I didn't really know what to expect; was I going to be amazed, or hardly tell any difference?

As soon as I tried this tune in the 'japanese championship' on suzuka, I immediately recognised that it was almost a different car. Before, I relied on giving the car ludicrous amounts of power, and as a result of both this and my lack of knowledge on suspension, LSD settings etc., the car felt horrible and very disappointing considering the amount of money that I had spent on it. However, after this tune the car sailed around the track beautifully and felt brilliant.

Peformance

Everything about this tune is an improvement. In terms of power, it feels bang on, and the handling is almost perfect. (I say almost probably because I'm not good enough at cornering sometimes) ;) The car feels very stable, and no longer experiences the insane spins or jumps that I had before.

In terms of the feel of the car, it is very responsive, dare I say twitchy at times, but that's just how I like it. When you make a mistake, it sure lets you know, but it's genuinely only when It's my fault, unlike before when it would punish me even when I hadn't done anything wrong.

The acceleration is perfect, I can tell that the transmission and weight settings were very well figured out.

Conclusion

Perhaps the biggest barometer of this tune's quality is that it has transformed my most hated car into quite possibly my favourite car. Whilst it's true I've never experienced a properly tuned car before, I get the impression that my love of this car isn't only because of this; I sense that this is a particularly good tune, even for these 'professional' tunes. I couldn't imagine a better LFA.

LEXUS LFA GT

First Impressions

I just tried out this awesome, awesome tune and all I can say is wow. As someone who has never tried a 'professional' tune before, I didn't really know what to expect; was I going to be amazed, or hardly tell any difference?

As soon as I tried this tune in the 'japanese championship' on suzuka, I immediately recognised that it was almost a different car. Before, I relied on giving the car ludicrous amounts of power, and as a result of both this and my lack of knowledge on suspension, LSD settings etc., the car felt horrible and very disappointing considering the amount of money that I had spent on it. However, after this tune the car sailed around the track beautifully and felt brilliant.

Peformance

Everything about this tune is an improvement. In terms of power, it feels bang on, and the handling is almost perfect. (I say almost probably because I'm not good enough at cornering sometimes) ;) The car feels very stable, and no longer experiences the insane spins or jumps that I had before.

In terms of the feel of the car, it is very responsive, dare I say twitchy at times, but that's just how I like it. When you make a mistake, it sure lets you know, but it's genuinely only when It's my fault, unlike before when it would punish me even when I hadn't done anything wrong.

The acceleration is perfect, I can tell that the transmission and weight settings were very well figured out.

Conclusion

Perhaps the biggest barometer of this tune's quality is that it has transformed my most hated car into quite possibly my favourite car. Whilst it's true I've never experienced a properly tuned car before, I get the impression that my love of this car isn't only because of this; I sense that this is a particularly good tune, even for these 'professional' tunes. I couldn't imagine a better LFA.
Well the LFA is a tough one to tune because it lacks additional downforce parts, so it can feel a bit twitchy at times. It's good to see it's changed your opinion of the car so much. :D It's definately one of those cars that rewards you for your driving skill. Thanks for the review! :cheers:

Review of Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG ‘08

Beauty. Comfort. Elegance. Luxury. Performance.

These words and many more describe the C63 AMG by Mercedes-Benz. On the road, the car handles like a champion. With an engine pushing 450HP with 442.65ft-lb of torque, this fine piece of craftsmanship can go 0-60mph in about 4.5 seconds. That is jaw dropping. However, when RKM Motorsport got their hands on this astounding car, they decided that simply wasn't enough. RKM took the already amazing engine in the C63 and gave it some more kick. The upgraded model puts out a breathtaking 646HP with 570ft-lb of torque. If that is not coma inducing, I don't know what is. The only problem with all this power, though, is that the car really needed some much wanted attention in customizing the transmission, suspension, drive train, and braking power. The result...

Tcjcn.jpg

Breathe! Trust me, you do not want to miss your chance driving this machine that is nearly flawless. With great power comes great responsibility. Why be responsible when this car can take nearly everything you throw at it? All the power at the mere touch of your right foot sends chills down your spine, the gas pedal just begging to be compressed. The steering on this car is almost perfect, taking any turn with the agility of a cat. With 7 gears, you will run out of track before hitting the top speed in this monster. Some car trying to pass you? Not on the C63's watch! The roar from the engines exhaust will frighten any fellow racers straight back to the starting line, thinking twice about racing against this piece of work.

4YpeK.jpg

But sadly, every racer knows that there is not a perfectly flawless car. Due to the massive amount of torque this car turns out, the rear can be a tiny bit drifty. This certainly is not a bad thing, it makes it twice as fun to drive. If you are scared to touch this car, don't be! This tiny imperfection can be easily remedied by not always flooring it out of a corner. But then again, what kind of racer are you if you don't live on the edge, the pedal to the metal along with zero driving assists except ABS?

More images here: http://imgur.com/a/TnS3C

Review of Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG ‘08

Beauty. Comfort. Elegance. Luxury. Performance.

These words and many more describe the C63 AMG by Mercedes-Benz. On the road, the car handles like a champion. With an engine pushing 450HP with 442.65ft-lb of torque, this fine piece of craftsmanship can go 0-60mph in about 4.5 seconds. That is jaw dropping. However, when RKM Motorsport got their hands on this astounding car, they decided that simply wasn't enough. RKM took the already amazing engine in the C63 and gave it some more kick. The upgraded model puts out a breathtaking 646HP with 570ft-lb of torque. If that is not coma inducing, I don't know what is. The only problem with all this power, though, is that the car really needed some much wanted attention in customizing the transmission, suspension, drive train, and braking power. The result...
Did you downgrade the exhaust on your car or are you just quoting the release post? When I gave you your C63 back, it had 660bhp with the racing exhaust! :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/Tcjcn.jpg

Breathe! Trust me, you do not want to miss your chance driving this machine that is nearly flawless. With great power comes great responsibility. Why be responsible when this car can take nearly everything you throw at it? All the power at the mere touch of your right foot sends chills down your spine, the gas pedal just begging to be compressed. The steering on this car is almost perfect, taking any turn with the agility of a cat. With 7 gears, you will run out of track before hitting the top speed in this monster. Some car trying to pass you? Not on the C63's watch! The roar from the engines exhaust will frighten any fellow racers straight back to the starting line, thinking twice about racing against this piece of work.
What I liked the most about the C63, is that once you've finished scaring your opponents, you can blind them in a smokescreen behind you. :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/4YpeK.jpg

But sadly, every racer knows that there is not a perfectly flawless car. Due to the massive amount of torque this car turns out, the rear can be a tiny bit drifty. This certainly is not a bad thing, it makes it twice as fun to drive. If you are scared to touch this car, don't be! This tiny imperfection can be easily remedied by not always flooring it out of a corner. But then again, what kind of racer are you if you don't live on the edge, the pedal to the metal along with zero driving assists except ABS?

More images here: http://imgur.com/a/TnS3C
It's actually easy to keep a nice drift going with this C63. I'm no drifter but I look like one when I'm driving the C63 like a loonie. :P Totally agreed on the last part, zero assists with the exception of ABS is the best way to enjoy this and most other cars. :D

Thanks for the review again! Also, I really enjoy your reviews, they sound like you're a car journalist with a sense of humour. Like Top Gear, which I like. :cheers:

Thanks. :D I like sticking a few laughs in there instead of being all serious and business like, seems easier to read in my opinion.

As for the car, yes, I put the semi-racing exhaust on it, sounds better. The racing one sounded kinda like a tin can. :lol:

I kind of want my Aston Martin tuned, but the C63 is right in the same range as the DB9. :(

Thanks. :D I like sticking a few laughs in there instead of being all serious and business like, seems easier to read in my opinion.

As for the car, yes, I put the semi-racing exhaust on it, sounds better. The racing one sounded kinda like a tin can. :lol:

I kind of want my Aston Martin tuned, but the C63 is right in the same range as the DB9. :(

Yeah I know what you mean. :lol: A drop of 14bhp doesn't even bother a powerhouse like the C63 anyway. The noise is more than worth the power loss anyway. :drool:

You know who to PM once you're ready for another tune. ;)👍

RKM Motorsport’s C63 AMG

WoW I never thought I would be able to drive this car with ABS set to 0 the way I drive lol but the handling is awesome I was taking corners so easily and the speed speaks for itself. Great tune!!!.

The only issue is one i found last night after taking the Corvette around the Nurburgring. It doesn't handle bumps well at all and will follow camber changes so much that you either have to brake into Fuchsröhre or it will drag you left across the track as it turns up hill. Also putting even a hint of the wheels off the track and it will slide big time although that is to be expected.

Oddly the Vette is one of my only cars that I can actually take to the Ring online and not die at random due to the physics changes/fuel weight/etc, and Fuchsrohe is one of the places that certain cars (Camaro for one) try to lose the tail at. May I suggest a slightly wider line? I know I take it WOT then brake on the way up the hill.

I have a small amount of suspension knowledge (not a lot) so raised the ride height to 40 F/R and lowered the spring rates to 10.5F 6.5R which really helped but only got chance for half a lap so need to tweak these further. With these changes Fuchsröhre was once again flat and braking up hte hill wasn't too much of a problem. Managed to maintain much of the cars turn in and ability to get on the power early.

Any ideas on further tweaks for Nurburgring? maybe some less toe out at the rear for stability?

Damo

No or positive toe would help stabilize the car, but I reckon driving through the issues may be faster than trying to correct them; making the car better over some rough areas will likely sacrifice time in other areas, etc etc. I find that the Vette with my setup is slightly loose under braking/entry and can snap out at lower speeds with too much throttle but it's more than perfectly drivable for me at the Ring (and, indeed, the Ring was my main target for it initially).

Edit: @Viper717: Looking forward to your thoughts on the newer setup. It's slightly faster offline and noticeably more drivable online IMO. :D

SHOUTY SHOUTY GERMAN CAR KILL TIRES JA!

But seriously, that seems to be the C63's mission. Towing clouds, and either being completely sideways or going straight. Calming it down makes it faster when you don't let it and even better when you do.

Back