RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Just a quick review, the Ford GT is absolutely brilliant. This car can just go and the braking is on par of a LMP 1. It works very well on a DS3 even without TCS.
VTiRoj the C63 is excellent. But my new favorite is your R34, I thought it was a misprint with no LSD. But you made it work. Would you guys ever think about doing a C5 Z06 no aero grip whore or a 599.

Just a quick review, the Ford GT is absolutely brilliant. This car can just go and the braking is on par of a LMP 1. It works very well on a DS3 even without TCS.
VTiRoj the C63 is excellent. But my new favorite is your R34, I thought it was a misprint with no LSD. But you made it work. Would you guys ever think about doing a C5 Z06 no aero grip whore or a 599.

It's a known fact among some of the older tuners here, that equipping a Skyline GT-R with LSD and center diff, actually removes the special 4WD system that makes the Skyline GT-R so good around corners. Hence why we keep those stock with our Skyline GT-R's. :)

We may do a C5, but it wont be soon.

I was completely blown away by the Civic RM tune! It didn't have the instability that the VTI-R and your Integra had on the Nurburgring. The car felt planted at all times and is probably your best front-wheel drive setup I've tried so far!

I was completely blown away by the Civic RM tune! It didn't have the instability that the VTI-R and your Integra had on the Nurburgring. The car felt planted at all times and is probably your best front-wheel drive setup I've tried so far!

Glad you liked it! :D

You're breaking me! :P

Good! It'll eventually get to a point where you've got so many cars for every use that your main problem will be figuring out what to use rather than what will win. :D

Good to hear you like it, more info is, as always, better. 👍

C5 Z06 is something I may eventually get around to just because I prefer the looks of it to the C6s but it'd either be a BPU car (450hp or so, slightly lowered weight, LSD and suspension tuning) without a wing or a monster (600+hp, still on S3s, everything done, winged).

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to some feedback on the TT-R. It was one of our best-reviewed cars in GT4 and I've managed to get it to retain 100% of that old character; safe mild push until the fronts warm up followed by perfect neutrality, and again a safe push as they go away. It's a car you could drive forever and never worry about it doing something unwanted.

RKM Motorsport’s Civic Type R

CivicTypeR.jpg

CivicTypeR_Big.jpg

thanks for this, i have been using the VTI-R on my rm civic for some time, great to see a optimized version so again thanks:tup:

I'm bout to go grab something to eat, and when I come back I'll be pulling my new TT-R out of the garage (SO happy I got this two days ago) and giving it the 'ol RKM touch to see what she can do on the 'Ring. Stay tuned.

I'm bout to go grab something to eat, and when I come back I'll be pulling my new TT-R out of the garage (SO happy I got this two days ago) and giving it the 'ol RKM touch to see what she can do on the 'Ring. Stay tuned.

Sounds good.

It actually scares me how well the original settings translated to GT5... A few small tweaks and it was exactly how I wanted it. :lol: Odd how that works out, a 3 year old tune on a touring car translates nearly perfectly, yet both myself and Roj had to rework our road cars completely to get them to play nice.

Well, I can say I just took it out for a lap around the 'Ring as I sit here waiting for my girlfriend (I have somehow managed to maintain a girlfriend through GT5 :sly:) and I'm really quite pleased.

Of course I'll be posting up a more in depth review upon my return, but this thing is smoking. 👍

thanks for this, i have been using the VTI-R on my rm civic for some time, great to see a optimized version so again thanks:tup:

You're welcome. :D

The RM highlighted some problems with the VTi-R settings, so some time in the future the VTi-R will be getting a revised setup.

I haven't had much time to get around with a few more reviews this week, but I am hoping to get the three reviews I have up.

The Honda S2000 is amazing.

I picked up the RX-8 this week too.

Then I have had the 300zx sitting in my garage for quite sometime just forgot to post about it.

Look for these reviews coming up this week.

On a sidenote, I revised the setup with the Silvia, but still kept the rear wing. Just setting it to 5 on DF has helped make the handling better for the Silvia. I just need to push it around the ring again to see if everything I noticed has improved.

You're welcome. :D

The RM highlighted some problems with the VTi-R settings, so some time in the future the VTi-R will be getting a revised setup.

Nice work on the RM Civic. I too had been using the VTi-R settings on a a 400 bhp RM Civic for awhile. They worked great! The new set-up is even better. You guys alone have made me a Civic fan haha.

I haven't had much time to get around with a few more reviews this week, but I am hoping to get the three reviews I have up.

The Honda S2000 is amazing.

I picked up the RX-8 this week too.

Then I have had the 300zx sitting in my garage for quite sometime just forgot to post about it.

Look for these reviews coming up this week.

On a sidenote, I revised the setup with the Silvia, but still kept the rear wing. Just setting it to 5 on DF has helped make the handling better for the Silvia. I just need to push it around the ring again to see if everything I noticed has improved.
Looking forward to the reviews!

Have you tried it without downforce yet? The wing really isn't needed on such a low-power car. If a wing had to be added, it would require some suspension tweaks to go along with it.
Nice work on the RM Civic. I too had been using the VTi-R settings on a a 400 bhp RM Civic for awhile. They worked great! The new set-up is even better. You guys alone have made me a Civic fan haha.

I figured that was happening, so I didnt change the behaviour of the car too dramatically. I just fixed the flaws that were popping up. :)

Alrighty, as promised I'm back with a bit of a review for the Annihilator. I'm going to keep it short and sweet, but hopefully will be able to give you some feedback despite my lack of technical tuning know-how.

I picked up this car two days ago from the OCD after flying past one in my maxed out A4 Touring Car and noticing the massive spoiler this neat-looking TT-R had pegged to the rear. Sheer curiosity and the attraction of owning another Red Bull Audi led me to my purchase. Little did I know my favorite tuning shop had a nice little trick up their sleeve and came out with 5+ new tunes including the ABT TT-R. I tuned her up (per spec) and headed out to the rightful home of German Touring Cars, the 'Ring.

Now, I usually don't take my first lap too quickly. I really try and get a feel for the weight of the car and where the boundaries are for braking zones, shift points, etc. The car was feeling superb. Absolutely sticking to the asphalt in the slightly banked and inclined turns, and tearing up the "carousels." I decided lap number two was going to be the real test. Just how far can this sub-500 BHP Audi be pushed?

This was one of the funnest laps around Nurburgring I've had in a while. However, this car definitely has it's limits. If you push the brakes a bit later than it wants, it will definitely let you know. If you downshift a bit too quickly approaching a corner, it will also definitely let you know. It speaks to you in a way. An absolutely terrifyingly-brilliant track car when it's being driven correctly and with care, but mistreat it ever so slightly and you'll find yourself under-steering into the retaining wall. I tested the car out a few more tracks, namely the Nurburgring F1(?) track and Cape Ring Peripheral, where one thing was certain. This car will gobble up any other Touring Car like they're M&M's.

I never had any problems keeping this car ahead of the pack, but a mistake in driving technique will cost you more so than in some other vehicles. This will be my all-around track car any time I'm heading out to Germany for some hot laps, and I can't wait to travel with it elsewhere.

*Further Notes* I did notice that 6th gear is pretty pointless on the 'Ring with the setting you have for the transmission's top speed. I knocked it back by two clicks to either 207 or 217 (can't remember exactly and I'm B-Specing) and managed to increase the top speed from around 175 to 180. This didn't affect me too much in other areas on the track, but it did make second gear a bit more menacing. Careful throttle control in second was a MUST, but it felt a bit quicker exiting turns regardless. Correct me if I'm wrong please, but this just felt quicker (I don't have lap times to prove).

Anyways, great tuning and this was a bit more than short and sweet, but I hope I gave you some useful information for maybe a few further tweaks? Suspension felt really, really solid. Brakes were very well balanced. Downforce, check. The transmission was the only thing a bit odd about the setup, but this was tested mainly at the 'Ring.

Cheers guys! I'm waiting to finish up this Nascar B-Spec at Grand Valley (haven't won it yet) and I'll be hopping back in to maybe find some more information.

Alrighty, as promised I'm back with a bit of a review for the Annihilator. I'm going to keep it short and sweet, but hopefully will be able to give you some feedback despite my lack of technical tuning know-how.

*snip*

Big thanks. 👍

*Further Notes* I did notice that 6th gear is pretty pointless on the 'Ring with the setting you have for the transmission's top speed. I knocked it back by two clicks to either 207 or 217 (can't remember exactly and I'm B-Specing) and managed to increase the top speed from around 175 to 180. This didn't affect me too much in other areas on the track, but it did make second gear a bit more menacing. Careful throttle control in second was a MUST, but it felt a bit quicker exiting turns regardless. Correct me if I'm wrong please, but this just felt quicker (I don't have lap times to prove).

This is where GT5's lack of individual gear adjustment makes me angry. I tend towards somewhat long gears in the first place to make the lower gears more usable, in this case it'd be nice to have a slightly longer 1st/2nd and shorten up the rest, but alas, it can't happen. So I went for that which was the most drivable.

Interesting you mention it actually biting harder once you do it wrong, though; I was at least attempting to make an easy to drive car. Could be that you're normally closer to the edge than you think because of this?

Anyways, great tuning and this was a bit more than short and sweet, but I hope I gave you some useful information for maybe a few further tweaks? Suspension felt really, really solid. Brakes were very well balanced. Downforce, check. The transmission was the only thing a bit odd about the setup, but this was tested mainly at the 'Ring.

Cheers guys! I'm waiting to finish up this Nascar B-Spec at Grand Valley (haven't won it yet) and I'll be hopping back in to maybe find some more information.

Let me know if you find anything else; I'll probably look into the gearing a bit shortly.

Interesting you mention it actually biting harder once you do it wrong, though; I was at least attempting to make an easy to drive car. Could be that you're normally closer to the edge than you think because of this?

Could be exactly right. I tend to make my hot laps REALLY hot, like, going for some sort of world record hot. I want to add that I use a wheel (DFGT) and this car is an absolute blast to drive with the FFB, etc. It just feels right.

And as for your tune being a little bit easier to drive I definitely think you have accomplished that. Don't let my sometimes foolish driving negate this fact. I definitely think it is much easier to drive than other tunes around here, and even some of the tunes coming out of RKM. The car is in no way subdued, but the suspension here makes for a much easier drive. It was almost relaxing blasting through the woods gently caressing the curbs and knowing full well that this car wasn't going to slip.

Pity about the gear ratio's too :yuck: I've never wanted individual ratio customization so bad until I drove a few of the cars tuned by you two. You have chosen, no doubt, the best ratio all-around, but man how these cars could fly with a bit of shortening/lengthening here and there. Soon hopefully!

I tend to run these settings with increased power (where possible), I like to squeeze out every last horse of power from my cars, but these settings I stick by, and they handle the extra power just fine.

I run the RX-7, Gallardo, F430 Scuderia, the Volvo, Ford GT (now there's a tune for it), LFA, 787B, CR-Z, Integra RM, Challenger, 300Z, and the Insightful, so quite a few :P.

The RX-7 drives as though it's on rails, quick, and does as you tell it, mine's running at 587BHP. Use this quite a lot on technical tracks, and it just can't be touched. Good sideways too, if you downgrade the tyres.

The Gallardo is great, it always had an annoying little bit of understeer, but the tune you give is great, and a heap of oversteer if once more you downgrade the tyres, but not an uncontrollable amount ;) . A very quick car indeed, one of my quickest really, and I have it running at 747BHP.

The Scuderia I kind of group with the Gallardo, and compare the two, this car is slightly more on rails in it's approach, a little slower off the mark, but by no means a slug, it holds a tighter line than the Gallardo, and running at 665BHP, it's again one of the quicker ones.

The Volvo, purely did this just because I had it lying around after the Seasonal event, and this car really shouldn't be looked over, it handles beautifully, really quick into corners, a touch of understeer, but nothing too major, a little left foot braking helps that, and even at just 427BHP, is certainly quick, perhaps not in the quickest I have, but it's about mid-way.

The LFA, it was beautiful to begin with, even in lime green, it just looks so poised, yet elegant too. It's not just looks with this car, either, it's beautifully quick, keeping up with most cars, corners like a dream too, definately one of my favourite cars after this set up, great with t's 695BHP ;) .

My 787B, it was never bad, I loaded it with a Turbo as soon as I could afford (Stealth Package), and it flew, but your settings gave me an extra second or so here and there on many tracks, but 1 thing, you don't need the TCS on 3 ;) . Haha.

I only really got the CR-Z as it looked nice, especially in brilliant orange metallic, it just looks so smooth, and it drives like a dream, by no means one of my quickest cars, but it'll keep up with a lot of tuner vehicles for fun, dives into corners nicely, has a good amount of speed, and 225BHP for a hybrid, isn't bad indeed. A great fun little car to drive.

The Integra is a nice car to drive too, with it's RM, it looks quite the part, originally, I had the settings off the Touring Car version of the Integra, which worked well, but your settings worked better. So, you could say you out-did the people setting up the touring cars :P. Once more, fully modified, just for that little extra.

And finally the Challenger, this does not feel like it should, it should be an absolute pig in the corners, unable to keep tyres for more than 1 straight, and should be in circles even in setting off in 4th gear, but it feels so direct, it's power is beautifully controlled, and it turns like a dream, definately a top rated car, and at 768BHP, does quite often leave others in the dust ;) .

Haven't yet tried the Ford GT, 300Z, or the Insightful, but I'll get back on these three ;) .

I tend to run these settings with increased power (where possible), I like to squeeze out every last horse of power from my cars, but these settings I stick by, and they handle the extra power just fine.

I run the RX-7, Gallardo, F430 Scuderia, the Volvo, Ford GT (now there's a tune for it), LFA, 787B, CR-Z, Integra RM, Challenger, 300Z, and the Insightful, so quite a few :P.

The LFA, it was beautiful to begin with, even in lime green, it just looks so poised, yet elegant too. It's not just looks with this car, either, it's beautifully quick, keeping up with most cars, corners like a dream too, definately one of my favourite cars after this set up, great with t's 695BHP ;) .

My 787B, it was never bad, I loaded it with a Turbo as soon as I could afford (Stealth Package), and it flew, but your settings gave me an extra second or so here and there on many tracks, but 1 thing, you don't need the TCS on 3 ;) . Haha.

I only really got the CR-Z as it looked nice, especially in brilliant orange metallic, it just looks so smooth, and it drives like a dream, by no means one of my quickest cars, but it'll keep up with a lot of tuner vehicles for fun, dives into corners nicely, has a good amount of speed, and 225BHP for a hybrid, isn't bad indeed. A great fun little car to drive.

The Integra is a nice car to drive too, with it's RM, it looks quite the part, originally, I had the settings off the Touring Car version of the Integra, which worked well, but your settings worked better. So, you could say you out-did the people setting up the touring cars :P. Once more, fully modified, just for that little extra.

And finally the Challenger, this does not feel like it should, it should be an absolute pig in the corners, unable to keep tyres for more than 1 straight, and should be in circles even in setting off in 4th gear, but it feels so direct, it's power is beautifully controlled, and it turns like a dream, definately a top rated car, and at 768BHP, does quite often leave others in the dust ;) .

Haven't yet tried the Ford GT, 300Z, or the Insightful, but I'll get back on these three ;) .

Letting RJ reply to his cars. Thanks for the multiple mini-reviews! 👍

It sounds like the LFA likes you! It's not one of my best but it's definately better than it was. :P

I have the 787B on TCS 2, only because I'm a DS3 user. :lol: I guess I could bring it down to 1, but I could never use 0 effectively with that car.

The CR-Z is one of my more loved tunes, it just makes you realise not all hybrids are boring like a Prius.

The Integra RM is my fastest FF and it'll embarass many of our cars here. Definately changed people's opinions on FF cars.

The Challenger I love to drive. It's so fun to powerslide it around corners, but once you need to get serious, it'll do the job. :D

The Insight is hillarious to drive. Please don't give it a custom gearbox, driving with CVT transmission is so much fun. :lol:

The Insight is quite a fun drive, the 1 speed gearbox is pretty funny :P. Quite quick for what it is, a Prius killer for sure :P. I like how it dives into corners pretty quick, and just carries on through them no problem, just as fun as the CR-Z to drive really, generally a nice car to drive.

I'll have to see about the other's tomorrow, really tired :P.

Hopefully, I'll make a few mil tomorrow, and be able to give a few more tunes a try out. Would quite like to give the NSX, R34, the 370Z, S2000, Elise (which I already have, will just need the tweaks) and the ZR1 a good going through :P.

RKM Motorsport’s Annihilator

Based on: 2002 ABT Audi TT-R Touring Car

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 487 BHP (@ 2542.7 miles)
Torque:---- 394 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1080 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Racing Medium tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/50

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.464
2nd:-- 2.251
3rd:-- 1.609
4th:-- 1.209
5th:-- 0.955
6th:-- 0.793
Final: 3.353
Max Speed: 230

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: xx/7
Accel:-- xx/15
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 10.5/10.5
Extension:-- 3/5
Compression: 3/5
Anti-Roll:-- 6/3
Camber:----- 2.2/1.5
Toe:-------- -0.15/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Test Track: Seasonal Events, Bonus Race 5, Nur?????ring GP?
Best Lap: 1:30.537

I've had this car for a while, but had only used it once. I just got done upgrading my entire favorites list for online use, and in doing so, purchased max upgrades and tires for every car in my favorites. This left me broke.
I took a gander into the new seasonal events, and low and behold this car was the only one I had that qualified for the 2M purse.

I purchased the medium racing tires, threw on the tune and hit the track.
I'm going to keep it relatively short, as this track is not one I'm familiar with, so I don't feel too comfortable with a full write up.

In simple terms, the car was extremely balanced. Great drive in, and out. The only 2 small issues I personally felt, was a bit snug on corner center and 2nd gear corner exits, required some throttle discipline. Other than that the car felt great. Lots of grip, good downforce, very comfortable, controllable and consistent.
My best lap in the event was a 1:30.537. Which I assume is rather horrendous compared to people who know the track, lol. But it got me the win, with plenty of room to spare and that's what matters.

People who are early brakers, that coast into the corner and that like to throttle through the apex all the way off corners, would probably love this set up.

Test Track: Seasonal Events, Bonus Race 5, Nur?????ring GP?
Best Lap: 1:30.537

I've had this car for a while, but had only used it once. I just got done upgrading my entire favorites list for online use, and in doing so, purchased max upgrades and tires for every car in my favorites. This left me broke.
I took a gander into the new seasonal events, and low and behold this car was the only one I had that qualified for the 2M purse.

I purchased the medium racing tires, threw on the tune and hit the track.
I'm going to keep it relatively short, as this track is not one I'm familiar with, so I don't feel too comfortable with a full write up.

In simple terms, the car was extremely balanced. Great drive in, and out. The only 2 small issues I personally felt, was a bit snug on corner center and 2nd gear corner exits, required some throttle discipline. Other than that the car felt great. Lots of grip, good downforce, very comfortable, controllable and consistent.
My best lap in the event was a 1:30.537. Which I assume is rather horrendous compared to people who know the track, lol. But it got me the win, with plenty of room to spare and that's what matters.

People who are early brakers, that coast into the corner and that like to throttle through the apex all the way off corners, would probably love this set up.

That slight tightness on center may be curable but it also will make the car a bit hairier to drive early in a tire run and late in a tire run; as mentioned earlier, it's meant to be slightly tight on cold tires, neutral out as the fronts heat up, stay right for a while, then start to push a bit again as the fronts go away slightly before the rears.

And the bit about early braking? Sounds kinda familiar; I tend to go in fairly hot but get on the throttle ASAP rather than coast much at all.

I tend to go in fairly hot but get on the throttle ASAP rather than coast much at all.

I'm pretty much the same, which is what I chalked the center 'tighteness' up to. I just assumed I was over driving in, like always, lol. That's why I predict that people who get their braking done in a straight line, could power through the apex pretty well with this tune.

Tbh, I didn't even think that doing an oil change on a brand new had any effect so have never done it on any of your tunes prior to the Ford GT.

Tbh, I didn't even think that doing an oil change on a brand new had any effect so have never done it on any of your tunes prior to the Ford GT.

I've done it for a few tunes, but generally I don't bother with oil changes until the red light comes on. :lol:

I've done it for a few tunes, but generally I don't bother with oil changes until the red light comes on. :lol:
I use it quite often when I see the horsepower drop. The FGT, X2010 & Toyota Minolta have had loads of oil changes!

Back