Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Hey Dragonistic,

thanks a million for your M3 '07 tune. This car handles beautifully!!!! Still not the fastest car on the ring but tons of fun to drive with.. :bowdown:

I tend to buy more cars from your list and see if they all handle that well. Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Chuck

Last edited:
Wow! That Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71 tune is THA MAN! I've been screwing around with the Mustang Mach 1 as well as the Cobra 427 in order to beat the Spec B Super Car Nostalgia Cup. I had run both cars about 10 times each with various levels of tuning and setup and always lost, placing in 5th or 6th consistently. The first time I ran the LDP Mustang Mach 1 tune I won the race easily even with my driver in a "down cycle". Thanks!

Paulie

I applied your LDP NSX Predator Edition X tune to a new, RM converted car (lime green with dark green metallic wheels; looks cool!) and thought I'd share the results for what they're worth.

I was replacing a "bodged" tune from a different NSX (I forget which one) that I fooled around with but just couldn't get right. Out of the box your tune was way more driveable/comfortable. On HSR (I benchmark there because it uses all the dynamics in quick, easy laps) it was a little slow though, about .7/lap behind the old tune.

I'll spare you my "chassis whispering" nonsense and get to the point; changing the LSD acceleration sensitivity from 40 to 32 gave it enough jump to shave a full second on HSR with Race/Soft tires. It benchmarked within 1/2 sec (1:04.487) of my F40 with 610HP/1125KG!

Oh yeah, speaking of horsepower, my initial upgrades produced 218HP. I ran B-Spec Expert Midrange race (10 laps HSR Reverse) on sports soft tires for break in while I did other stuff. After 4 laps with no input from me, the car was cruising in third. I gave it one boost (up pace) and it took the lead at the end of the main straight. Again on its own it dueled with a Saleen and a McLaren for the balance of the race; finally finishing an impressive second, 00.067 behind the McLaren (which had come from last on the grid). First time I've actually enjoyed a B-spec race, at least the six laps I watched!

Anyway I'm interest in your thoughts about my tweak, and really appreciate your help in producing a big fun race car!

Cheers,

Toweliieee

It's only natural that with the grippier tyres you had, opening up the LSD will help make it faster. Thanks for the feedback though, and you're welcome for the tune.:) Not to mention traction is not as important on High Speed Ring, so even with Sports Tyres that would probably be a bit faster.

Wow! That Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71 tune is THA MAN! I've been screwing around with the Mustang Mach 1 as well as the Cobra 427 in order to beat the Spec B Super Car Nostalgia Cup. I had run both cars about 10 times each with various levels of tuning and setup and always lost, placing in 5th or 6th consistently. The first time I ran the LDP Mustang Mach 1 tune I won the race easily even with my driver in a "down cycle". Thanks!

Sweet.:) That Mustang was surprisingly fast, not even I expected it to be so fast as when I tested it.

LDP Cien-V Predator Edition
(787hp/587kw @ 9,000rpm) (645Nm @ 6,500rpm) (1208kg)

Base Model: Cadillac Cien Concept '02

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 15/35

Transmission:
1st: 4.891
2nd: 3.104
3rd: 2.187
4th: 1.623
5th: 1.269
6th: 1.044
Final: 3.070
Max Speed: 410km/hr

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/14
Acceleration: 0/50
Deceleration: 0/14

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -21/-20
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 13.8/10.6
Dampers Extension: 4/6
Dampers Compression: 2/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/4
Camber: 1.5/1.3
Toe: -0.06/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5​

Test track: Deep Forest Raceway
Best Lap: 1:08.039

A rather small track, for such a quick car, but in the online world this is a pretty common track, and the Caddy fits nicely under that 805hp bracket.

Corner Entry seems to be lacking just a bit. It seems to be on the weaker side, designed for earlier braking and more coasting. Not usually my style, but does seem to fit the tune well. As I approach the apex, or on harder entries when going through the apex, I feel a noticeable understeer on de-acceleration which is then doubled on acceleration, and magnified on exit. Corner to Corner weight transfers puts the car into a slight rear end slide, but doesn't threaten to actually break loose. I saw the right front tire shining bright read at me, through the multiple high speed left handers on the course. Under hard braking, the front end seemed to lock up prior to the rear, causing an understeer issue on entry when the brake is applied. On lower speed exit, the LSD setting showed to be a touch too high for me. I expected a fair amount of wheel spin anytime I found myself in 2nd, but at times even in 3rd, I was still finding smoke pouring out from behind me when I got back to the throttle :sly:

Overall the car feels decent. If you're willing to bend to it's ways, altering your driving style, I can see it becoming a very successful combination. For myself, I just find it too tight, all the way around the track, lacking the braking ability I need to drive as hard as I'd like into the corners. Not enough rotation through the center, to allow me to turn the tight corners as well as I'd like, so that I can get back to the throttle quickly, where I'd like to do so without the fear of the rear :dopey:

Soooo, took the car out to High Speed Ring, to let it breathe!
Best Lap: 58.987

Again I see the right front bright red into the first tight corner of this track, and then on the last corner of the track, both front tires just screaming for help as they both indicate red. The push is still present from center out, and in the higher speed setting of this track, the turn in seems to be even less than I experienced on Deep Forest. Entering the Ess curves of this track, display the same issue of hard braking throwing the car out of wack, with the back end hanging out a bit. Then while trying to navigate through them, the understeer while coasting down to speed is present, and as soon as I try to pick up the throttle, the car pushes further, destroying the optimum entry into the second half of the ess. The understeer on exit hinders the ability to carry as much speed as you need heading into the last corner of the track. Just too tight for me, through the entire turning process, but balanced in that aspect, with a minor increased tightness on exit.​

When you tune for tracks like Grand Valley Speedway and drive on a track like the Nurb, ultimately stability under brakes is of the up-most importance, and I don't recall that car being good on bumpy tracks. What are you comparing this understeer to? I thought that car had huge front end bite. I might drive it again when I get a chance.

When you tune for tracks like Grand Valley Speedway and drive on a track like the Nurb, ultimately stability under brakes is of the up-most importance, and I don't recall that car being good on bumpy tracks. What are you comparing this understeer to? I thought that car had huge front end bite. I might drive it again when I get a chance.

Not comparing to anything in particular. Just personal feel and experience, after what I consider to be a fair amount of laps, to judge the car accordingly. Obviously jumping out of a ZR1, any car would feel like it lacks grip, lol.
But after driving a solid 15-20 laps on the car, getting use to it, and racing my own shadow lap after lap, I simply can't get the car to the bottom of the track at any point through the turn. At least not without dramatically slowing down.

My own ghost seems to be the best indicator. If anytime I get the car down to the lower apron, my ghost is cruising by me on the outside, because I had to sacrifice so much speed to get there, then that's what I would classify as too tight. But that's just my personal opinion. I did have an understeer issue with Weinish' tune as well, so it may be a natural tendency of the car, or could simply be my lack of skill. I'm more than willing to admit, the problem can be diagnosed as a loose nut between the wheel and drivers seat. :P

LDP Granturismo R Predator Edition
I was looking through my garage to see if I have any cars that I could have a play with, when I noticed my old GranTurismo S that I won ages ago. I had already fully tuned it and given it a quick tune, but that was before I had a clue what I was doing. I remembered you had a fully tuned setup for it so I thought why not use it and give you a review. :P

Do note that my car wasn't oil changed so it's about 40bhp down on your car. Any comments about acceleration or gear ratios may not apply to the full power version.

I decided to do the Supercar Festival again just to put this thing through it's paces. At High Speed Ring, there's not much I can say. The acceleration was good although I think it needs 1 click less max speed. Maybe that's just because I've got less power? The brakes were superb and helped me avoid rear ending an F40. :lol: I felt a bit of understeer around corners but since it was High Speed Ring, I decided to just drift the S bends. Oh man this thing can pull sweet drifts. I'm not even a drifter and I was sliding it like a pro. :D The understeer isn't even that severe, maybe a simple tweak will fix it. I couldn't really test much here but the car was really easy to drive at high speed. Needless to say, I won my miles. :D

Now onto Nurburgring GP. It was here that I especially felt like the car needed shorter gear ratios. I didn't even get to the top of 5th. The understeer was more noticable since Nurburgring has a lot of different corners, but again it wasn't severe and the car handles nice and stable without being a handful. Very good brakes again and the car can obviously handle it's own power, since the rear end never stepped out unless I told it to. I had a sweet dogfight with the ZZII during this race, until I overtook it and left it for dust. I think the toe or LSD settings, or perhaps a bit of both are causing the understeer.

And finally Daytona. I kept my foot to the floor the entire time, without touching the brakes. Suprisingly, the gear ratios felt too long again. This Maserati barely has the power to make 200 on it's own. I could draft to 227 but that's all the use I found for having such long ratios. I pulled a very close win. I decided to lower the gear ratios down a click and re-run Daytona. I found that the acceleration was quicker and I could squeeze more MPH out of it before the 3rd corner. Although drafting speed was reduced, I didn't even need to draft that much because I was out in front quite quickly. I had a larger lead when I won, too.

Overall it's a very good car and I actually prefer it over the Scuderia F430. The Maserati is far more beautiful too. :D I'll give it an 8.5/10 if you care about scores. :P -1 for the minor understeer and -0.5 for the gear ratios being a bit long.

Hey Dragonistic,

thanks a million for your M3 '07 tune. This car handles beautifully!!!! Still not the fastest car on the ring but tons of fun to drive with.. :bowdown:

I tend to buy more cars from your list and see if they all handle that well. Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Chuck

Thanks for the feedback 👍 with my last exam being tomorrow, hopefully I can start getting back to work on GT5 :).

Thanks for the tune on the Toyota FT-86 G-Sports Concept '10. It's pretty solid. I'm using that tune for 30 laps at Laguna and it sticks to the course nicely, which is important for an unforgiving track like Laguna. As a bonus, the tune is so easy on the tires that I probably won't have to pit either. Hopefully I can take the checkered flag tonight!

LDP GTR Spec X Predator Edition
(828bhp @ 7,200rpm) (89kgfm @ 6,200rpm) (1362kg)

Thank you for this fantastic tune, it's a joy to drive. However, I have one issue with it. It's very unstable under braking for me, even in a straight line. What would you recommend to change to make it a bit more stable under braking?

Note: I haven't installed High RPM Turbo, Extension and Rear Spoiler. I have installed Rear Splitter.

EDIT: Never mind. It looks like the online physics was causing the instability during braking.

Last edited:
LDP NSX Type X Predator Edition
(460bhp @ 7,900rpm) (45kgfm @ 6,400rpm) (1051kg)

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

Description: The Honda NSX is already an excellent car, the type R even more so, but we here at LDP thought it still wasn't quite enough and got to work straight away to try and create the ultimate naturally aspirated NSX on the road. The result was over 450 horses from the fully modified 3.2 C32B V6 and weighing just 1051kg, that's 2.25kg/bhp for you mathematical folk which needless to say is respectable to say the least. Naturally though power and weight isn't everything so we couldn't just leave the suspension and other handling components alone so the car was given the thorough treatment whilst keeping to road tyres to create a true street monster, a Predator Edition.

Base Model: Honda NSX Type R '02

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Engine and Chassis as neccessary during the cars lifespan.
Aerodynamics optional

Tuner's Notes:
Tends to oversteer on the brakes and is supposed to, allowing the car to rotate nicely without being very unstable.
Generally neutral handling.
Motor revs right up to 10,000RPM but shift at about 9,000 or before, run right up to 10,000 if the corner is close though..
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:

Transmission:
1st: 3.450
2nd: 2.296
3rd: 1.665
4th: 1.267
5th: 1.012
6th: 0.848
Final: 4.235
Max Speed: 205mph

Downforce:
0/20

Initial Torque: 0/10
Acceleration: 0/35
Deceleration: 0/23

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 11.4/8.8
Dampers Extension: 5/7
Dampers Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 1.4/2.0
Toe: -0.10/+0.12

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

And again a great tune! I used this tune for my Mobil 1 NSX '01 and I absolutely love it. The car doesnt over or understeer at all. Pure controll!! I did a 6:45:222 on the ring and lost some time in the last part. I guess I can bring it down to 6:38 something.

Thank you again for a tune that made a good car even better!! Much better... 👍

Sorry for the lack of tunes here lately, as you already know Dragonistic has exams and I've been distracted with other things, prevented by storms (PS3/TV are off/disconnected when there's lightning) and frustrated with my pedals which not only affect pace in a big way, but would have a minor effect on the car's handling characteristics which could mess with tuning. On the plus side, in the mean time I've earned lots and lots of money, so once my pedals are fixed (if they get fixed) I'll be looking seriously at enabling the tune request rule, which is review a car to request a tune.

I was looking through my garage to see if I have any cars that I could have a play with, when I noticed my old GranTurismo S that I won ages ago. I had already fully tuned it and given it a quick tune, but that was before I had a clue what I was doing. I remembered you had a fully tuned setup for it so I thought why not use it and give you a review. :P

Do note that my car wasn't oil changed so it's about 40bhp down on your car. Any comments about acceleration or gear ratios may not apply to the full power version.

I decided to do the Supercar Festival again just to put this thing through it's paces. At High Speed Ring, there's not much I can say. The acceleration was good although I think it needs 1 click less max speed. Maybe that's just because I've got less power? The brakes were superb and helped me avoid rear ending an F40. :lol: I felt a bit of understeer around corners but since it was High Speed Ring, I decided to just drift the S bends. Oh man this thing can pull sweet drifts. I'm not even a drifter and I was sliding it like a pro. :D The understeer isn't even that severe, maybe a simple tweak will fix it. I couldn't really test much here but the car was really easy to drive at high speed. Needless to say, I won my miles. :D

Now onto Nurburgring GP. It was here that I especially felt like the car needed shorter gear ratios. I didn't even get to the top of 5th. The understeer was more noticable since Nurburgring has a lot of different corners, but again it wasn't severe and the car handles nice and stable without being a handful. Very good brakes again and the car can obviously handle it's own power, since the rear end never stepped out unless I told it to. I had a sweet dogfight with the ZZII during this race, until I overtook it and left it for dust. I think the toe or LSD settings, or perhaps a bit of both are causing the understeer.

And finally Daytona. I kept my foot to the floor the entire time, without touching the brakes. Suprisingly, the gear ratios felt too long again. This Maserati barely has the power to make 200 on it's own. I could draft to 227 but that's all the use I found for having such long ratios. I pulled a very close win. I decided to lower the gear ratios down a click and re-run Daytona. I found that the acceleration was quicker and I could squeeze more MPH out of it before the 3rd corner. Although drafting speed was reduced, I didn't even need to draft that much because I was out in front quite quickly. I had a larger lead when I won, too.

Overall it's a very good car and I actually prefer it over the Scuderia F430. The Maserati is far more beautiful too. :D I'll give it an 8.5/10 if you care about scores. :P -1 for the minor understeer and -0.5 for the gear ratios being a bit long.

I test my cars on Le Mans less chicanes to find top speed, and since the goal of a Predator Edition is to be an all round road car/track car it needs to reach its top speed at peak power in top gear on its own steam, which it did, and 40hp is a lot.:P Not only that, but in my past experience, using a 5spd as opposed to a 6spd is normally faster for high powered RWD cars such as this on shorter tracks, you waste less time shifting and you don't get as much wheelspin for obvious reasons, so it kind of works both ways having the top speed able gears. The car was very understeery at first, but I didn't want to induce oversteer too much, as understeer is safer. Thanks for the review.:)

Thanks for the tune on the Toyota FT-86 G-Sports Concept '10. It's pretty solid. I'm using that tune for 30 laps at Laguna and it sticks to the course nicely, which is important for an unforgiving track like Laguna. As a bonus, the tune is so easy on the tires that I probably won't have to pit either. Hopefully I can take the checkered flag tonight!

You're welcome.:)

And again a great tune! I used this tune for my Mobil 1 NSX '01 and I absolutely love it. The car doesnt over or understeer at all. Pure controll!! I did a 6:45:222 on the ring and lost some time in the last part. I guess I can bring it down to 6:38 something.

Thank you again for a tune that made a good car even better!! Much better... 👍

That's a bit of an odd cross-match for the tune, since they're entirely different cars.:)

I test my cars on Le Mans less chicanes to find top speed, and since the goal of a Predator Edition is to be an all round road car/track car it needs to reach its top speed at peak power in top gear on its own steam, which it did, and 40hp is a lot.:P Not only that, but in my past experience, using a 5spd as opposed to a 6spd is normally faster for high powered RWD cars such as this on shorter tracks, you waste less time shifting and you don't get as much wheelspin for obvious reasons, so it kind of works both ways having the top speed able gears. The car was very understeery at first, but I didn't want to induce oversteer too much, as understeer is safer. Thanks for the review.:)

Yeah I figured the 40bhp difference would affect how effective the gearbox is. I prefer 6 speeds for shorter tracks to keep the power up, personal preferences I guess. :P

Can I ask for a tune once requests aren't suspended? 💡

Last edited:
Yeah I figured the 40bhp difference would affect how effective the gearbox is. I prefer 6 speeds for shorter tracks to keep the power up, personal preferences I guess. :P

Can I ask for a tune once requests aren't suspeneded? 💡

Once requests aren't suspwhat-ed?:P I don't know when I can get them fixed though, the guy who was going to have a look at them for me may have been affected by the QLD flood disaster, and I haven't had a chance to check yet since being sent to a cruddy new job at a different branch because I was good at my job.:lol:

Once requests aren't suspwhat-ed?:P I don't know when I can get them fixed though, the guy who was going to have a look at them for me may have been affected by the QLD flood disaster, and I haven't had a chance to check yet since being sent to a cruddy new job at a different branch because I was good at my job.:lol:

I have a problem with my keyboard. It likes trying to type "e" for me. It's a bit annoyingeeeeeeeeeeeee. See there it is again! :grumpy:

Best of luck to him. Those floods aren't what you guys need right now. :(

LDP 911 GTX Predator Edition
(443hp/330kw @ 7,800rpm) (427Nm/315ft-lbs @ 5,300rpm) (1170kg) (PP)

trialmountaincircuit1n.jpg

Description: The Porsche 911 is a brilliant car, but that doesn't mean having the engine behind the rear wheels doesn't come with its faults. Namely, you've got a giant pendulum behind you, swinging around on every corner entry or direction change. Lion's Den Performance has taken his 911 and made it track straight and true. Power from the atmo 3.6L Flat-6 has been boosted to 443hp at close to 8,000rpm. The chassis stiffened beyond that of even the GT3, and stripped and lightened as well. A racing suspension was utilised to hone in the handling, and semi-slicks to improve speed on track. The car is a real performer, besting many cars of higher power levels, and is an extreme pleasure to drive.

Base Model: RUF RGT '00

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Not having any weight up front means your turn-in bite is largely dictated by how much you load up the front tyres with the brakes, light braking will possibly see a slight resistance to turn if any, while heavy braking will get that nose diving and slicing in to the corner, sometimes breaking out the rear in high speed sections.
Utilise all available RPM.
Plenty of traction to the rear under acceleration.
The gear ratios are yet to be tested at Nurburgring, but for this car I won't care if they max out on Le Mans less chicanes, so long as they're right for The Ring.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.476
2nd: 2.300
3rd: 1.662
4th: 1.261
5th: 1.004
6th: 0.840
Final: 3.440
Max Speed: 340km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Acceleration: 0/45
Deceleration: 0/24

Ride Height: -22/-24
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.5/11.0
Dampers Extension: 6/8
Dampers Compression: 3/4
Camber: 1.8/2.0

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/5

trialmountaincircuits.jpg

Last edited:
Ok first off, you do know 11.0 is incredibly stiff right? Like really stiff? I don't know what you're doing with my car, as I ran a 1'28 at Trial Mountain, you make it sound un-controllable, which it definitely wasn't. And by the sounds of it my lap is with less power. And of course my tune can in no way be compared on Racing Tyres, as those are not what I've optimised it for, so of course other Race Tyre specific tunes should be faster.

You're describing characteristics that simply aren't there in this tune. On the brakes thing, I did mention it could break out the rear, but you need to be over-driving the car in order to do it on most corners.

Haven't we already come to the conclusion my tunes don't suit you? Why must you keep coming back to shine a negative light on my cars when they're not built to your tastes?

Last edited:
Hey Paulie,

first of all thanks a lot for all your hard work to make theese tunes!

Usually I always instantly fall in love with the tunes from the lions den but this one I personally don't like too much. I wish I could be a little more constructive here but I am not that deep into tuning. All I know is that I love the ring and often tried to score a good time with one of the RUFs but that still is quite a challenge.

It good a bit better with your tune which made the RGT a little less tail happy 👍 but it still is hard to drive. Especially in the high speed sections of the track. What I recognized is that the RUF bounces a little bit too much. You can see that when you drive full speed into the first right turn behind the first timing point. It first starts bouncing a little and then literally takes off at that stage. Of course breaking would be an opportunity but that would make you loose time that you wouldn't loose with some other road cars. Ths might be because of a too hard or too soft suspension or just a matter of aerodynamics...Again, I wish I could be more constructive.

But overall, I think this car just doesn't really suit my driving style and preferences. It got a bit better with your tune but I still like my M3 '07 better ;) .

Best regards,
CF

ps: I am from Germany, so please excuse my mistakes and the bad gramma. I always try my best :cheers:

Ok first off, you do know 11.0 is incredibly stiff right? Like really stiff? I don't know what you're doing with my car, as I ran a 1'28 at Trial Mountain, you make it sound un-controllable, which it definitely wasn't. And by the sounds of it my lap is with less power. And of course my tune can in no way be compared on Racing Tyres, as those are not what I've optimised it for, so of course other Race Tyre specific tunes should be faster.

You're describing characteristics that simply aren't there in this tune. On the brakes thing, I did mention it could break out the rear, but you need to be over-driving the car in order to do it on most corners.

Haven't we already come to the conclusion my tunes don't suit you? Why must you keep coming back to shine a negative light on my cars when they're not built to your tastes?

You can argue if you like, I'm just telling you what I personally experienced. If you think 11 is 'really' stiff, when the springs don't max until 18, then so be it. Maybe 11 is high compared to other cars, I have no clue, I'm not the tuner, you are, so I'll respect your opinion more than I value my own on the matter. Maybe what I saw was because the rear was too stiff. Maybe it wasn't 'swaying' it was 'bouncing'. I'm not an expert on the diagnostics of visual GT5 effects and results.

As for this negative light, I was quite curious, so I looked back through my reviews & comparisons of LDP. Of the 3 I've done, LDP finished 1st, 2nd, & 2nd. So I'm not sure what you're talking about, as you haven't once been the slowest of tunes tested. I continue to come back, because I don't believe 1 miss match of car/tune/driver validates writing off an entire tuning garage. I tried this tune, because I really like the RGT and had disliked both previous tunes I had tested with it. I was hoping to find one that suited me better, or ran faster. If for some reason this offends you, by all means, let me know and I'll stay out of your thread if you request.

Hey Paulie,

first of all thanks a lot for all your hard work to make theese tunes!

Usually I always instantly fall in love with the tunes from the lions den but this one I personally don't like too much. I wish I could be a little more constructive here but I am not that deep into tuning. All I know is that I love the ring and often tried to score a good time with one of the RUFs but that still is quite a challenge.

It good a bit better with your tune which made the RGT a little less tail happy 👍 but it still is hard to drive. Especially in the high speed sections of the track. What I recognized is that the RUF bounces a little bit too much. You can see that when you drive full speed into the first right turn behind the first timing point. It first starts bouncing a little and then literally takes off at that stage. Of course breaking would be an opportunity but that would make you loose time that you wouldn't loose with some other road cars. Ths might be because of a too hard or too soft suspension or just a matter of aerodynamics...Again, I wish I could be more constructive.

But overall, I think this car just doesn't really suit my driving style and preferences. It got a bit better with your tune but I still like my M3 '07 better ;) .

Best regards,
CF

ps: I am from Germany, so please excuse my mistakes and the bad gramma. I always try my best :cheers:

I tuned the shocks to cope with Trial Mountain, and in particular the first jump out of the first tunnel, in the hope this car would be good for Nurburging. I haven't tested it myself there yet, but from both reviews I've read so far, it sounds like people are trying to drive this car, just like they drive anything else. You need to adjust to a Porsche, they're completely different to any other car, you need to drive it how it wants to be driven. Once you get the hang of this my tune should be good. I was actually really happy with this car, it was driving exactly how I hoped.

You can argue if you like, I'm just telling you what I personally experienced. If you think 11 is 'really' stiff, when the springs don't max until 18, then so be it. Maybe 11 is high compared to other cars, I have no clue, I'm not the tuner, you are, so I'll respect your opinion more than I value my own on the matter. Maybe what I saw was because the rear was too stiff. Maybe it wasn't 'swaying' it was 'bouncing'. I'm not an expert on the diagnostics of visual GT5 effects and results.

As for this negative light, I was quite curious, so I looked back through my reviews & comparisons of LDP. Of the 3 I've done, LDP finished 1st, 2nd, & 2nd. So I'm not sure what you're talking about, as you haven't once been the slowest of tunes tested. I continue to come back, because I don't believe 1 miss match of car/tune/driver validates writing off an entire tuning garage. I tried this tune, because I really like the RGT and had disliked both previous tunes I had tested with it. I was hoping to find one that suited me better, or ran faster. If for some reason this offends you, by all means, let me know and I'll stay out of your thread if you request.

That reasoning seems.....reasonable to me. The max spring rate of 18.0 would be like using a metal bar in place of a spring. As far as I was concerned, 11.0 was a good rate to use, but that doesn't change the fact I can't move where the weight is. At least you are critical of the bits you don't like I suppose.

Edit: I drove the RGT on Nurburgring this morning, and the only sector I had issue with was the really fast one towards the end before the long straight. Only one bump phased the car, it was in that sector, and it was a large off camber bump. A 911 will always have its quirks. Finished a Challenger SRT8 today I hope to post some time soon.

Last edited:
LDP Challenger SRT385 Predator Edition
(516hp/385kw @ 6,300rpm) (663Nm/489ft-lbs @ 5,300rpm) (1412kg) (PP)

redbullhangar7gk.jpg

Description: Modified pony cars are a dime a dozen, every man and his dog has one or knows someone with one. Pony cars of the caliber presented in this Challenger though are rare. Lion's Den Performance have transformed this car from a luxo highway basher and placed it squarely in supercar territory, ready to do battle with Corvettes and GTRs. Starting with the Hemi V8, it was brought up to 385kw, hence the SRT385 nomenclature, with ample power supply right through the rpm range. The weight has been completely stripped so it weighs something respectable, and the drivetrain and suspension modified and tuned to make it handle with deft ability. The transformation must be seen to be believed.

Base Model: Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 7,000rpm.
If you're running a little wide, experienced drivers will be able to powerslide their way back on line with virtually no loss of time.
Sorry for the cruddy picture.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.876
2nd: 2.565
3rd: 1.853
4th: 1.406
5th: 1.120
6th: 0.937
Final: 3.060
Max Speed: 340km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Acceleration: 0/40
Deceleration: 0/5

Ride Height: -20/-17
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 9.6/7.2
Dampers Extension: 5/6
Dampers Compression: 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 2.0/1.6
Toe: -0.08/+0.14

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/7

redbullhangar71k.jpg

Last edited:
LDP 911 GTX Predator Edition
(443hp/330kw @ 7,800rpm) (427Nm @ 5,300rpm) (1170kg)

Base Model: RUF RGT '00

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Settings:

Acceleration: 0/45
Deceleration: 0/24

Ride Height: -22/-24
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.5/11.0
Dampers Extension: 6/8
Dampers Compression: 3/4
Camber: 1.8/2.0

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/5
In an attempt to be as close to 'as written' as I could, I took everything off of the car, but Stage 3 Engine Tuning was unable to be removed. This leaves me with 471hp. About 30 over the 'as written'.

Due to the pictures, I decided to take the car to none other than
Trial Mountain
Best Lap: 1:30.255

First, I'd like to take this time to apologize. My previous review was severely masked by an issue that I came to find tonight while testing RKM's RUF.
Chassis Maintenance.
After performing this in the GT Auto, the Car transformed into... well... into the same car, with about half as drastic issue I previously experienced.

Entry was good, I still felt as if the rear was a tad too soft, allowing the rear end to swing the car around more than I'd like. We've also agreed this is partially due to my hard entries of corners. Over driving, if you will.
With the Chassis upgrade, the car was far more controllable, but still tail happy, which is the natural design of the car, and tuning can only fix so much. This car in general, (read: not tune) also doesn't seem to enjoy elevation changes, nor bumps. Both the LDP and RKM tunes were a handful anytime you put half of the tires on the curb to cut through the esses.

Through the center this tune felt very balanced, with a slight tendency to be snug, but the ability of this car to 'turn' on throttle, allows you to give the gas a quick stab and help you rotate and any low to medium speed. Be careful though, as anything longer than a quick stab, will put you into a 4 wheel slide.

On exit, I ran into the same issues as I've had universally, which is the car wants to spin out. Only the outside rear will ever show 'red' and the inside wheel won't ever react unless put into a powerslide. It seemed slightly more manageable than RKM's. Actually if felt the same as RKM's, with the RKM combined with maxed LSD, to LDP with 'as written' LSD. Throttle control is necessary for this car, but people who have the patience to sit at half throttle, long past that of other cars will find themselves very successful in this RUF. It honestly felt, as if the less gas I gave, the faster the car exited. Which just makes me that if the car could hook up, I'd love it. That's what racing softs are for I guess?

Overall, I found the LDP and RKM tunes to be very similar, both in feel, as well as lap times. I have a feeling this is due to the cars natural driving feel, that no tune can really hide.

Maxed HP + Racing Softs + Custom LSD (60,60,20)

Trial Mountain: 1:24.513

The car's natural driving feel is not like that at all. It's just that PD has ruined all of the RUFs with an over exaggerated characteristic of an RR setup. The GT3 is actually one of the most beautiful cars I've ever driven. I don't think you can fully tune out what PD has done to these cars.. but I feel Paulie has done a pretty good job of it. I've since switched to a Turbo since I don't have much time for track days anymore but damn I miss the GT3.

Well I'm glad there was something amiss to make my tune drive better Adrenaline, to be honest.:lol: I must also be honest again, I pretty much never get the dreaded one wheel spinning LSD in this car, put it down to having less power (sounds like I just skipped in under what the chassis is happy with, woot!). I actually get on the throttle in this car sooner than with others.

Thanks for the TVR Tuscan tune! I love taking it around the Nordschleife :D

You're welcome.👍

LDP RS 6X Predator Edition
(956bhp @ 7,400rpm) (96kgfm @ 6,900rpm) (1524kg)

Man thanks a million for the tune. Im a brand spanking new comer to the gt series ( I love it by the way) and this tune has made my experience start that much better. I originally had the 08' rs6 but I restated my gt mode, this time around I grabbed the used 02 rs. The tune translated very well in my unexperienced opinion. I really want to try your R35 tune but I think I need to prioritize a classic car first. Anyways just wanted to say thanks for the hard work.​

Back