Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Now that I've settled in to the game and can't race with friends anyway due to my pedals being dodgy, I'm opening up the request for a review service. What this means is, from this point forth, if you do a proper review of one of our cars (not just a "This car is great, now gimme Enzo kthnxbai") you can request a car of your own to be tuned. I'd surely appreciate it if people just requested either a race car or Predator Edition, but if you want something more personalised you'll need to gift me the car to tune before giving it back.

My review of the TVR Tuscan tune (and the request was a race tune of the Ferrari F430 Scuderia :)):

To tell you the truth, when I first came across the TVR Tuscan in an episode of Top Gear, I didn't pay much attention to it - it just looked odd. When it appeared in GT5, the weird looking default paint scheme didn't help it much - it rather made it look even worse. The only reason I eventually bought it was because of a seasonal challenge. I tuned it a bit, did the race, and then left it in the garage. I just didn't see much reason to drive it again. That changed, however. I'm not exactly sure why, but when I came across this tune, I felt like I had to try it. So I invested the remainder of the money needed to tune it fully, and applied this tune. And I was flabbergasted! Along with looking much cooler now (with a matte dark gray body and orange wheels), it drives like an absolute dream. I've taken it around the mighty Nürburgring a few times now, and it never ceases to impress me. High speeds, low speeds, narrow turns, wide turns: This car handles it all. It'll hug the ground perfectly, and leaves you in total control - without ever becoming a boring car to drive. So thanks to this tune, my TVR isn't going in the garage any time soon!

Now that I've settled in to the game and can't race with friends anyway due to my pedals being dodgy, I'm opening up the request for a review service. What this means is, from this point forth, if you do a proper review of one of our cars (not just a "This car is great, now gimme Enzo kthnxbai") you can request a car of your own to be tuned. I'd surely appreciate it if people just requested either a race car or Predator Edition, but if you want something more personalised you'll need to gift me the car to tune before giving it back.

Aw, does this mean my Maserati review doesn't count? :P

I do however have a review for your R6 that I have been driving around for some time. I hope after this review you will consider tuning the Nissan GT R Concept LM car. I myself am not quite good with tuning, but do know how a car should drive. It was drive on the nurburgring

Speed/ Acceleration:

The car has a great speed and acceleration in where it is comfortable and stable to drive at high speeds throughout straightaways as seen in the nur. When slowing down for turns and going through them, the car shows great signs of acceleration in that it is able to get going quick out of the turn. Great asset to the car. Never lose time in the corners.

Braking and Turning:

Yes I did say the speed and acceleration were a great asset to the car in turns, but the breaking and the actual turning of the car, I personally do not like as I have minor difficultly with it. The car does not seem to grip turns to well in that it seems to go far outside while turning. The braking, well maybe its a personal preference, but I find you do need to brake somewhat early while entering a turn.

All around verdict:

The car is a joy to drive while looking hella cool. It is stored as one of my favs even though I do not get around to driving it as much as I would like to. Due to its minor complications with turning that I have experienced, I like cars to take it much tighter, this car is more based for easier and basic tracks for me. However I do wish I could be ripping it around the nurburgring without hesitation. The gripping of the car is decent in that it does not slide out when entering or exiting a turn, but it still poses the issue of taking turns to wide rather then tighter.

My review of the TVR Tuscan tune (and the request was a race tune of the Ferrari F430 Scuderia :)):

To tell you the truth, when I first came across the TVR Tuscan in an episode of Top Gear, I didn't pay much attention to it - it just looked odd. When it appeared in GT5, the weird looking default paint scheme didn't help it much - it rather made it look even worse. The only reason I eventually bought it was because of a seasonal challenge. I tuned it a bit, did the race, and then left it in the garage. I just didn't see much reason to drive it again. That changed, however. I'm not exactly sure why, but when I came across this tune, I felt like I had to try it. So I invested the remainder of the money needed to tune it fully, and applied this tune. And I was flabbergasted! Along with looking much cooler now (with a matte dark gray body and orange wheels), it drives like an absolute dream. I've taken it around the mighty Nürburgring a few times now, and it never ceases to impress me. High speeds, low speeds, narrow turns, wide turns: This car handles it all. It'll hug the ground perfectly, and leaves you in total control - without ever becoming a boring car to drive. So thanks to this tune, my TVR isn't going in the garage any time soon!

That's good to hear, the old TVRs don't get much love, but they're certainly capable machines.:) Could you perhaps PM me with the details of this F430 Scuderia? What kind of power and tyres you want?

I do however have a review for your R6 that I have been driving around for some time. I hope after this review you will consider tuning the Nissan GT R Concept LM car. I myself am not quite good with tuning, but do know how a car should drive. It was drive on the nurburgring

Speed/ Acceleration:

The car has a great speed and acceleration in where it is comfortable and stable to drive at high speeds throughout straightaways as seen in the nur. When slowing down for turns and going through them, the car shows great signs of acceleration in that it is able to get going quick out of the turn. Great asset to the car. Never lose time in the corners.

Braking and Turning:

Yes I did say the speed and acceleration were a great asset to the car in turns, but the breaking and the actual turning of the car, I personally do not like as I have minor difficultly with it. The car does not seem to grip turns to well in that it seems to go far outside while turning. The braking, well maybe its a personal preference, but I find you do need to brake somewhat early while entering a turn.

All around verdict:

The car is a joy to drive while looking hella cool. It is stored as one of my favs even though I do not get around to driving it as much as I would like to. Due to its minor complications with turning that I have experienced, I like cars to take it much tighter, this car is more based for easier and basic tracks for me. However I do wish I could be ripping it around the nurburgring without hesitation. The gripping of the car is decent in that it does not slide out when entering or exiting a turn, but it still poses the issue of taking turns to wide rather then tighter.

Is that for the RS 6 Avant you mean? I'll have to talk to Phil about it if he wants me taking his requests or not. I'm not even sure if I or he has that GT-R LM. I'll get back to you on this ASAP.👍

Is that for the RS 6 Avant you mean? I'll have to talk to Phil about it if he wants me taking his requests or not. I'm not even sure if I or he has that GT-R LM. I'll get back to you on this ASAP.👍

Go ahead, I simply don't have the time at the moment, I haven't even been able to play GT other than the premiums track day on Saturday for the last week or so.

In reply to the RS6 review however, there's a reason why the car is pushing wide to some up in a word, weight. It's not a light car and it you simply have to brake earlier especially because of the huge output going down meaning you're going faster then alot of cars can in a car which needs more braking room from a similar speed let alone far above. Drive traction lines a little more though rather than momentum lines to make the most of it 👍, though saying that I'd like to take another look at the dif.

LDP FT-86 By-Gee Predator Edition
(410hp/306kw @ 7,900rpm) (377Nm @ 7,400rpm) (910kg)

ahrweilerstreet.jpg

Description: By gee by golly by gosh, this car was in a sad state when it got to us, we have no idea what Toyota were thinking! Incessant lift-off oversteer, on throttle oversteer, oversteer under brakes, and getting airborn over ants! Well Toyota let us try to fix it for circuit racing, and once again we've come out on top. There were some provisos though, such as not being able to change that rear wing for added downforce, darn concept cars. Either way, this car wasn't given to us directly by Toyota, it was given to a young chap by Toyota to take for some hot laps to promote it, who then found out how horrid it was and proceedingly took it to us to dial in. With the package developed, we have it ready for public consumption now.

Base Model: Toyota FT-86 G-Sports Concept '10

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 8,000rpm.
It can be prone to stepping the rear out slightly under heavy trail braking.
Toyota really have another AE86 on their hands here, good for drifting, not perfect for racing.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Transmission:
1st: 3.105
2nd: 2.018
3rd: 1.442
4th: 1.084
5th: 0.856
6th: 0.711
Final: 4.300
Max Speed: 370km/hr

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/14
Acceleration: 0/46
Deceleration: 0/45

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -1/0
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.5/6.0
Dampers Extension: 4/3
Dampers Compression: 2/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber: 1.6/1.4
Toe: -0.14/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

Tried it and golly it is a good tune set-up, thanks very much.

Tried it and golly it is a good tune set-up, thanks very much.

Cheers mate.:) It can be quite easy to make a really large improvement when the original setup is really bad for grip racing.:sly:

Sounds like Australia day, but I dunno wtf that is.

Yeah that sounds likely, and it was today. I took the time to tune 2 new cars, although I didn't get time to fully run in the engines, and one of them I want to test on racing tyres as well. These 2 new cars are quite amazing, one is the fastest car on sports tyres I've tested yet, besting even the 1256hp Veyron (within measure and depending on the track I suppose, at least this new one is much more consistent), and the other is just a really sweet car to drive until you over-drive it, but it's super fast for how much power and weight it has.
I'm going to make another section in our garage, racing tyre compatible road cars. There won't be many, but with request cars coming through now, there's sure to be a couple. I wish I knew how many cars you're allowed in total in your garage, hopefully it's well over 1,000 so I can have multiple versions of any given car, including a stock version.

Not only can't you spell Australia correctly, but you also struggle to even post a YouTube video [thats already been removed]...

Clever boy.

:rolleyes:

Wow, what got under your skin?

Also, you missed an apostrophe. Just sayin', if you're gonna get mad when someone uses a bit of slang (albeit obscure slang in this case)... You should make sure everything in your post is perfect in terms of spelling and punctuation.

Well I had intended to post 2 new cars that would blow some minds today, but alas I've run out of time, tomorrow it shall be. I've also gone and bought almost every premium road car now, bar the Miura (too expensive atm), MP4-12C (you win it anyway) and a few ultra slow cars I couldn't care for (Cervo for example). I'm already planning a Courtesy Bus too, and if you can't guess what car that's based on I'll e-slap you.:lol:

Wow, what got under your skin?

Also, you missed an apostrophe. Just sayin', if you're gonna get mad when someone uses a bit of slang (albeit obscure slang in this case)... You should make sure everything in your post is perfect in terms of spelling and punctuation.

Whats wrong with missing one apostrophe? Its not like the worlds coming to an end, its a common error after all.:P

Well I had intended to post 2 new cars that would blow some minds today, but alas I've run out of time, tomorrow it shall be. I've also gone and bought almost every premium road car now, bar the Miura (too expensive atm), MP4-12C (you win it anyway) and a few ultra slow cars I couldn't care for (Cervo for example). I'm already planning a Courtesy Bus too, and if you can't guess what car that's based on I'll e-slap you.:lol:

Do get the Miura! I spent ages saving up for it, and it was totally worth it. My favourite car in my garage :D

LDP Evora Predator Edition X
(464hp/346kw @ 7,200rpm) (521Nm/384ft-lbs @ 5,200rpm) (1102kg) (PP)

ahrweilergateb.jpg

Description: Lion's Den Performance had unfinished business with the Evora, our previous version was only capable of using a 4spd, it had peaky power delivery, and the suspension wasn't quite there yet. Now with new tools and facilities at our disposal, we've been able to turn the Evora into the present day NSX road warrior you see before you. Gone is the lowsy gearbox replaced with a closer ratio race unit. We've fitted fully adjustable suspension to shed the softer more luxurious position it fills on Lotus' line-up. The engine has been stroked to 4.0L, the heads worked, new camshafts, and a stand-alone ECU fitted to allow full tuning for performance. The result is 464hp, quite impressive for an atmo 6, but the important part is there's still plenty of torque over a very meaty range. The sports exhaust brings out the real character in the engine note while adding a few ponies. Much like the NSX, this Evora is ready to take on supercars carrying much higher price tags, and much higher power levels.

Base Model: Lotus Evora '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter
Rear Wing

Tuner's Notes:
Use all available revs before shifting.
The car has a certain sweet spot, in this sweet spot it still gets on the power early, and grips extremely well, however you can still over-drive it, pushing it too hard on corner entry or exit will give oversteer. This is the price you pay for sublime handling.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0
Aerodynamics: 0/20

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.135
2nd: 2.062
3rd: 1.485
4th: 1.123
5th: 0.892
6th: 0.744
Final: 3.777
Max Speed: 350km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 0/5
Acceleration: 0/52
Deceleration: 0/22

Ride Height: -25/-24
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 10.5/15.5
Dampers Extension: 6/6
Dampers Compression: 2/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/3
Camber: 1.2/2.0
Toe: -0.10/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

Last edited:
Right as I start work on my own Evora, you release one.

Of couuuuuuurse. :P That said, I've gotten angry at the peaky piece of crap that is the Toyota V6 so it's been put on the back burner. Pace is astounding but it's not quite worth it to me.

LDP-McLaren F1 LMX
(761hp/567kw @ 8,100rpm) (737Nm/544ft-lbs @ 6,100rpm) (970kg) (PP)

sangalganoabbeyp.jpg

Description: Officially, McLaren built 5 F1 LMs for public consumption and a 6th one they retained for their own experimental use. Secretly they built a 7th one to be retained until such a time supercars had reached new heights, in order to be taken and modified to show the F1 is still boss. Now, with vehicles like the Veyron and CCX roaming the streets, McLaren has elected Lion's Den Performance to undertake the performance enhancements necessary. Power is modestly boosted to around 750hp, and weight severely reduced to under 1,000kg. We've worked the suspension and drivetrain as best we could to produce a track monster. Indeed that's what it is, where on some tracks it's the fastest road car we've yet to test, bested only by the 1256hp Veyron we created on high speed tracks, so needless to say this F1 LMX would comfortably trash any current production car.

Base Model: McLaren F1 '94

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres OR Racing Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter
Rear Wing

Tuner's Notes:
Use all available revs before shifting.
2nd gear is useless for corner exits on Sports tyres, although can be used for engine braking purposes in making the apex.
The tune should transition over seemlessly to race tyres.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0
Aerodynamics: 20/65

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 5.550
2nd: 3.501
3rd: 2.459
4th: 1.819
5th: 1.418
6th: 1.164
Final: 2.370
Max Speed: 420km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 0/15
Acceleration: 0/60
Deceleration: 0/5

Ride Height: -30/-28
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 14.6/12.0
Dampers Extension: 5/6
Dampers Compression: 2/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/3
Camber: 1.4/1.2
Toe: -0.12/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/7

Last edited:
LDP Solstice Predator Edition

romel.jpg

My Review

As my screen name on GT Planet and PSN indicates, I am a huge Pontiac fan. So when I saw this tune, I was very excited. I know that LDP has had this tune out for quite some time, but I took the Solstice on a World Tour per se, and I can honestly state that I have a perfect car in my garage (well, close to as possible since PD decided not to have wheel upgrades on standards).

I - The courses

Deep Forest Raceway
Grand Valley Speedway
Nurburgring 24H
Trial Mountain
London
Rome
Special Stage Route 5
Tsukuba Circuit

Despite choosing the tracks at of sheer love for each course, these locations offered everything I needed to run this car through it's paces. I spent around 5-20 laps on each course, and even took the Solstice online to test on the 'Ring 24H.

II - The Changes

As with every LDP tune, only slight adjustments are required to fit my driving style. Below is a list of everything I did, and why I did it.

296 BHP :
I went with a lower horsepower rating due to my desire for have a 300 BHP/1100kg car in my garage. It had to be a Poncho.
Ride Height:
I raised the Front to -15, and the Rear of the car to -10. After spending some time on courses with a higher degree of elevation changes, the car responded better.
Spring Rate:
I like all of my cars to have slight oversteer, so I softened the front spring from 8.0 to 7.7. I found that the Solstice was able to accelerate through the corners much more aggressively.

III - The verdict

As I stated prior, this car borders on perfection for me. There is a few gears I wouldn't mind altering slightly (hopefully PD rectifies this situation soon), but aside from that, everything is driving bliss. My favorite feature of this car is it's ability to accelerate early out of the apex with little worry over throttle oversteer or understeer due to taking the corner at to high a speed.

Excellent work LDP. :)

As for which car I would like to request.. The 2004 Pontiac GTO.:sly:

LDP Evora Predator Edition X
(464hp/346kw @ 7,200rpm) (521Nm @ 5,200rpm) (1102kg)

LDP-McLaren F1 LMX
(743hp/554kw @ 8,100rpm) (719Nm @ 6,100rpm) (970kg)

Two of my recent purchases :D these tunes will be getting tested this weekend 👍

I've already maxed out my F1 and found it to be a little too stable to really attack medium and high speed corners, does your tune liven it up a bit?

Right as I start work on my own Evora, you release one.

Of couuuuuuurse. :P That said, I've gotten angry at the peaky piece of crap that is the Toyota V6 so it's been put on the back burner. Pace is astounding but it's not quite worth it to me.

I know what you mean, also it hits the rev limiter so fast, if you using MT you have to be aware of the rev gauge, engine sound is very mis-leading.

My tune has fairly close ratios that come up well fast, requires concentration but hell, I like it.

Back