RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Review "STi S400"

STiS400_Big.jpg

While browsing through the new tunes of RKM I've got stuck at this "beauty" right here. Well, it's not as beautiful as it is practical.
But it's not the only reason why I've stuck on this car.

Also I've failed since the beginning of the game, as I got my first Subaru, to tune a Impreza properly. So, since I got mind****ed by the Lotus Elise "Romeo", I thought, why not testing another setups by Kyle?

So I did!

It's quite different to the Lotus Elise - Tune, but that's not surprising.
AWD, 4 - Door, Front - mounted Engine. Not the best specs for a Saloon that is avid for turns.
But (once again) RKM and mostly Kyle was able to give this car a very unique feeling to it. But in a good way!

The soft Sports rubber has a lot of work to do, to keep the Impreza in the line at the Hairpin - Combo @ Eiger Nordwand. A disadvantage you might think, but it's not. Because the propulsion is just amazing and surreal.

The overall boost of power isn't as big as expected. From 280HP to 400Hp are "just" about 120HP. What is a lot more essentially is the weight reduction and the Settings for the LSD, which makes the car better handling.

What you're can expect is still a load of understeer, but way more controlable. Also, Kyle was able (on purpose or not) to give the car the ability that it can with a heavy foot on the brake to let this beast break out with the rear, and with the exact same heavy food on the Throttle to keep this powerslide and get this car in an incredible speed around the turn. Amazing!

So, even if this car is so ugly, it just goes like Hell! Well done!

Power + Speed: 4/5
Handling: 4/5
Overall Feeling: 5/5

Overall Score: 13/15

Closing Words: Well Well, this is the 2nd Review today, and again this car puts out a quite high score. Rightly! Still it has the flaws of a powerful AWD - Car, but it makes a lot more fun to drive this car. And that is cool :D
Well done, Kyle! Love ya for this :P

Just a heads up guys, the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary has had another little revision, perfect for squeezing a few more tenths out of your laptimes. It's not a dramatic change although the gearbox has been shortened a little bit so you may notice a drop in top speed. It'll still do 190mph anyway. :P

Just a heads up guys, the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary has had another little revision, perfect for squeezing a few more tenths out of your laptimes. It's not a dramatic change although the gearbox has been shortened a little bit so you may notice a drop in top speed. It'll still do 190mph anyway. :P

Cool, I'll adjust mine! ;)

As soon as I get enough practice quickscoping on Black Ops! :D

Review "STi S400"

While browsing through the new tunes of RKM I've got stuck at this "beauty" right here. Well, it's not as beautiful as it is practical.
But it's not the only reason why I've stuck on this car.

Also I've failed since the beginning of the game, as I got my first Subaru, to tune a Impreza properly. So, since I got mind****ed by the Lotus Elise "Romeo", I thought, why not testing another setups by Kyle?

So I did!

It's quite different to the Lotus Elise - Tune, but that's not surprising.
AWD, 4 - Door, Front - mounted Engine. Not the best specs for a Saloon that is avid for turns.
But (once again) RKM and mostly Kyle was able to give this car a very unique feeling to it. But in a good way!

The soft Sports rubber has a lot of work to do, to keep the Impreza in the line at the Hairpin - Combo @ Eiger Nordwand. A disadvantage you might think, but it's not. Because the propulsion is just amazing and surreal.

The overall boost of power isn't as big as expected. From 280HP to 400Hp are "just" about 120HP. What is a lot more essentially is the weight reduction and the Settings for the LSD, which makes the car better handling.

What you're can expect is still a load of understeer, but way more controlable. Also, Kyle was able (on purpose or not) to give the car the ability that it can with a heavy foot on the brake to let this beast break out with the rear, and with the exact same heavy food on the Throttle to keep this powerslide and get this car in an incredible speed around the turn. Amazing!

So, even if this car is so ugly, it just goes like Hell! Well done!

Power + Speed: 4/5
Handling: 4/5
Overall Feeling: 5/5

Overall Score: 13/15

Closing Words: Well Well, this is the 2nd Review today, and again this car puts out a quite high score. Rightly! Still it has the flaws of a powerful AWD - Car, but it makes a lot more fun to drive this car. And that is cool :D
Well done, Kyle! Love ya for this :P

The slight bit of oversteer induced by hard braking is indeed 100% intentional. You can avoid it very easily if you want to go for the absolute fastest lap you can or you can let it slide, nail the throttle, and drive the car through ludicrous angles while STILL going quicker than many other vehicles in the power class.

Anyway, I suppose I technically owe you two cars now if you so wish. 👍

In other news, Roj is sick of doing requests for now so anything that would go to him should now go to me for the time being. Those he's currently got going are going to be finished of course but after that... No more for now.

In other news, Roj is sick of doing requests for now so anything that would go to him should now go to me for the time being. Those he's currently got going are going to be finished of course but after that... No more for now.

Don't say it like that. :P I just want a break from requests for a bit, so I can concentrate on my own stuff for a while. :lol:👍 But yeah anyone who is currently in contact with me about a request, I'll still be doing them. :)

Anyway, I suppose I technically owe you two cars now if you so wish. 👍

Well, I only need one tuning setup, cuz Roj is already doing my Swift.
I got a Nissan Skyline 350GT Sedan, and I want to do a sort of test.

This Nissan Skyline 350GT Sedan (Tuned by You) vs. a R33 Skyline (Tuned by me) vs. the Nissan GT-R VSpec (<- I know, you don't like any of these cars :P)... but for that test I need a good Setup for my Skyline 350GT Sedan.

Goal: It should have less power than the Spec V...
Means - Anything goes, but don't put more than 400HP in the Sedan :)

Would this be cool?

Volkswagen Golf GTI ‘01

Just wanted to start of by saying i cant believe how good these setting are, i mean i ve tried out some other peoples tunes but they don't compare to yours!

Now back to my little review of your fantastic GTI, I was driving the little but heavy pocket rocket around the Tokyo track where i have to say most front wheel drive cars struggle around the longer bends, But with this little beauty there is no such problem! I was in a tight race with a BMW M3 and it was cat and mouse for 4 of the 5 laps. I say was because on the 5th lap i started to get use to the fantastic tight handling and quick acceleration out of the bends.
I was able to reach a fairly good top end but was no contest for the M5 but was so much later on the breaks and able to turn in so much more quicker with no trouble from the tires gripping. All in all the car is a contender for hot hatch on GT with these settings!!

Acceleration 7/10
Breaking 8/10
Looks 10/10

Great job but i think the best tune u boys have done is the NSX its sooooooo beast at drifting and griping. Its the best all round car by far!!!

I ll be doing more reviews soon but thx again for the great work

Volkswagen Golf GTI ‘01

Just wanted to start of by saying i cant believe how good these setting are, i mean i ve tried out some other peoples tunes but they don't compare to yours!

Now back to my little review of your fantastic GTI, I was driving the little but heavy pocket rocket around the Tokyo track where i have to say most front wheel drive cars struggle around the longer bends, But with this little beauty there is no such problem! I was in a tight race with a BMW M3 and it was cat and mouse for 4 of the 5 laps. I say was because on the 5th lap i started to get use to the fantastic tight handling and quick acceleration out of the bends.
I was able to reach a fairly good top end but was no contest for the M5 but was so much later on the breaks and able to turn in so much more quicker with no trouble from the tires gripping. All in all the car is a contender for hot hatch on GT with these settings!!

Acceleration 7/10
Breaking 8/10
Looks 10/10

Great job but i think the best tune u boys have done is the NSX its sooooooo beast at drifting and griping. Its the best all round car by far!!!

I ll be doing more reviews soon but thx again for the great work

I'm glad you liked the Golf! It definately gave me a hard time when it came to tuning, but it paid off in the end. :sly:

Yeah I love the NSX. She's my baby. :D:tup:

let me no wat u think about the review and if i should be adding anything else in for next time!!

Thx again

It's a good review, short but good. If you add more details about how it drives, how it behaves in certain situations, then you'd be on the right tracks. 👍 Also giving some reasoning behind your scores makes it easy to understand why it deserves a 7, 8, etc. :)

Hope this helps!

It's a good review, short but good. If you add more details about how it drives, how it behaves in certain situations, then you'd be on the right tracks. 👍 Also giving some reasoning behind your scores makes it easy to understand why it deserves a 7, 8, etc. :)

Hope this helps!

OK thx for the reply and will be doing my next review soon. I have a few cars now that u have done is there a car u would like me to review?

OK thx for the reply and will be doing my next review soon. I have a few cars now that u have done is there a car u would like me to review?

Try one of RJ's newer cars, I think he has a few that dont have reviews yet. 👍

Civic Type R [Review]

This is my first car that I have properly modified & reviewed from RKM and certainly won't be my last !

Took this beast out on the Nurburgring Nordschliefe with a time 7.51.388. Usually I can get board very quick in FF cars, so for me to take this around a big track and still have an interest in getting to the finish line is an achievement :P

Only twice I lost slight control and went onto the grass but I only have my self to blame really as I took my eyes off the screen on one of those occasions.

It's only being in the last week or so that I've realized from reading around how much of a difference there can be between a stock car and then a tuned one and I'm starting to realize more and more now.

Anyway back to the car in question.

Top speed on the long straight near the end of the Nurburgring I was hitting between 155-162mph. Would of expected more however I'm led to believe that the lowered ride height can have an affect on the top speed ?

It did handle all those corners/turn well indeed for a FF car imo.

One adjustment that I think I will make to it is the gear ratios which are a bit spaced to far from each other but it was mentioned in the tune up guide that ratios are not final.

Thanks lads.

Is it okay now if I send you's a car that you's haven't tuned yet? :)

Civic Type R [Review]

This is my first car that I have properly modified & reviewed from RKM and certainly won't be my last !

Took this beast out on the Nurburgring Nordschliefe with a time 7.51.388. Usually I can get board very quick in FF cars, so for me to take this around a big track and still have an interest in getting to the finish line is an achievement :P

Only twice I lost slight control and went onto the grass but I only have my self to blame really as I took my eyes off the screen on one of those occasions.

It's only being in the last week or so that I've realized from reading around how much of a difference there can be between a stock car and then a tuned one and I'm starting to realize more and more now.

Anyway back to the car in question.

Top speed on the long straight near the end of the Nurburgring I was hitting between 155-162mph. Would of expected more however I'm led to believe that the lowered ride height can have an affect on the top speed ?

It did handle all those corners/turn well indeed for a FF car imo.
Thanks for the review! Which Civic Type R is this by the way? The RM or non-RM? The speed is a bit disappointing I agree, but it's mostly because the Nurburgring's long straight isn't totally flat and you won't hit as high a speed as you would at SSR7. The ride height should help on a flat track, but on the Nurburgring you're probably losing around 5 mph.

One adjustment that I think I will make to it is the gear ratios which are a bit spaced to far from each other but it was mentioned in the tune up guide that ratios are not final.

Thanks lads.

Is it okay now if I send you's a car that you's haven't tuned yet? :)
I tried to make the gear ratios spaced out enough to calm 1st and 2nd gear wheelspin down, but close enough to make the car accelerate well. It would be helpful if we could adjust individual ratios.

Send a PM to Rotary Junkie, I'm currently on request holiday. :P

Thanks for the review! Which Civic Type R is this by the way? The RM or non-RM? The speed is a bit disappointing I agree, but it's mostly because the Nurburgring's long straight isn't totally flat and you won't hit as high a speed as you would at SSR7. The ride height should help on a flat track, but on the Nurburgring you're probably losing around 5 mph.

The pink one, sorry should have made clear which one.

I tried to make the gear ratios spaced out enough to calm 1st and 2nd gear wheelspin down, but close enough to make the car accelerate well. It would be helpful if we could adjust individual ratios.

Send a PM to Rotary Junkie, I'm currently on request holiday. :P

I'll give it another try on a track with less turn and let you know :)

The pink one, sorry should have made clear which one.

I'll give it another try on a track with less turn and let you know :)

In that case, the downforce is reducing top speed because of the increased air resistance. 👍

Hey, ive been using your tunes for a while now and i was wondering if you could work your magic on Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R '03 ive been driving this car for while now and tuning it by myself..but ride hight and spring rate is all i can really do..everything else is a bit too complicated for me yet...
So far ive reached 6:39 with maybe few more seconds to cut of... and wonder if it can get even better in someone who knows what he is doing hands :)
There are quite few whos after this cars full potential on Green Hell so if you have time and want to get going just PM me where should i sent that car to

First off i just want to say you guys are doing a great job on all the tunes and are one of the biggest assets to this forum...

i just have 2 quick questions...im in a league that where the only real requierment is that the cars can have no more then .50 weight to hp...ex: 500 hp has to be no less then 1000kg...and a 2000cc limit
i use the same 05 STI but fully tuned. 535hp 1152 kg....can i use the same set up as the one you tuned at only 400hp or are there some minor tweaks i should make..
This is the 2nd question, everyone is pretty much using a RX-7 or a STI...so im thinking about going to an EVO to kinda be differnt lol....i have been using your EVO X tune and it works really well...but i was looking at the 05 EVO IX and 04 EVO VIII MR and they seem to be able to tune the same hp but come in about 100 kg lighter....so finally my question is can i use the same tune on the IX and VIII as u did on the X...or is there something else u suggest...
Keep up the great work and i look foward to using more of your tunes to come in first place ;)

Hey, ive been using your tunes for a while now and i was wondering if you could work your magic on Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R '03 ive been driving this car for while now and tuning it by myself..but ride hight and spring rate is all i can really do..everything else is a bit too complicated for me yet...
So far ive reached 6:39 with maybe few more seconds to cut of... and wonder if it can get even better in someone who knows what he is doing hands :)
There are quite few whos after this cars full potential on Green Hell so if you have time and want to get going just PM me where should i sent that car to
You'll have to give us a good review of one of our current cars before we'll work on your Nissan. Just follow the review policy on the main page. 👍
First off i just want to say you guys are doing a great job on all the tunes and are one of the biggest assets to this forum...

i just have 2 quick questions...im in a league that where the only real requierment is that the cars can have no more then .50 weight to hp...ex: 500 hp has to be no less then 1000kg...and a 2000cc limit
i use the same 05 STI but fully tuned. 535hp 1152 kg....can i use the same set up as the one you tuned at only 400hp or are there some minor tweaks i should make..
I have a 505bhp version of RJ's STi, using the same setup the 400bhp one uses. It's very, very rapid. :lol: I'd say you'd have no problem with a 535bhp one.
This is the 2nd question, everyone is pretty much using a RX-7 or a STI...so im thinking about going to an EVO to kinda be differnt lol....i have been using your EVO X tune and it works really well...but i was looking at the 05 EVO IX and 04 EVO VIII MR and they seem to be able to tune the same hp but come in about 100 kg lighter....so finally my question is can i use the same tune on the IX and VIII as u did on the X...or is there something else u suggest...
Keep up the great work and i look foward to using more of your tunes to come in first place ;)

The Evo wont beat the RX-7 or Impreza, I'll tell you that now, but if you're set on using an Evo, I'd say try the X tune on the IX or VIII, it'll be better than stock at the very least. However from my experience, the IX and VIII would probably need a totally new setup to get the most out of them.

Hey Rotary Junkie and VTiRoj. I reviewed your STI S400 and Midnight Z. Would it be alright if made 2 tune requests? Thanks!

STi S400

Looking for a great handling 400 bhp car? This is it. I've seen quite a few people using it online. It's lightweight at only 1152kg. I've seen a few lobbies set the lower limit to 1100kg so the Subaru fits in nicely.

The 4WD drivetrain along with your spot on limited slip differential settings make this a very forgiving car to drive. There is a small hint of understeer which is to be expected from a 4WD system but can easily be remedied with a quick down shift right before entering a corner. In the image below I clipped the grass with the back wheel and steered hard back on to the road with quite a bit of smoke but not too much drama. Again, very forgiving which is always welcome for Dual Shock users like myself.

5389073841_1e7175c4cb_b.jpg

I managed a 7'19" lap of the Nurburgring and had a lot of fun doing it. It is very grippy with Sports Soft tires and is quick in a straight line even with only 400 bhp given the low weight.

I thought the top speed on the transmission was a bit high so I did bring that down a bit for quicker acceleration as I primarily take this car on twisty courses and with the power available it won't go over 200 mph. I did use different wheels and front and rear aero kits as I try to maintain a fairly stock look whenever possible.

5389073717_686b39cd41_b.jpg

So this is a quick car with forgiving handling and is easy on the eyes. So what's the downside? Not sure there is one other than I noticed when paired with Racing Soft tires which this tune is not designed around the suspension seems to "skip" along the track in a fast bend on a track like Circuit de la Sarthe. I'm not sure that is necessarily bad but just feels a bit odd.

So by now you've decided you want one. Good choice! This is a fairly inexpensive car to buy and tune so if you are low on credits and it will work great online and most likely get you Golds in the Special Event Rally. My plans are to see how it copes with 500 bhp and also how it does off road since I used an EVO for that prior and will post an update then.

Thanks very much for the tune Rotary Junkie and keep up the great work.

Midnight Z

The Nissan 370Z (Fairlady) is an attractive car no doubt but when paired with the Rays Volk Racing CE28N wheels it truly looks spectacular for a non-exotic.

5387207792_f764553603_b.jpg

I was looking for a car with under 500 bhp to use online and this fit the bill quite well as the weight is fairly low and I like looking at it. I followed your tune exactly except I left out the Rigidity Improvement as I believe some online lobbies don't allow it in the regulations and was eager to give it a go. I did have to put on Racing Soft Tires as everyone else in the lobby was using those.

First thing I noticed about the Midnight Z is that there is virtually no understeer. If anything it prone to a bit of oversteer (which I'm sure is partly because of my driving style) but it does feel very balanced. Its a very responsive car that can change directions quickly while remaining stable as long as you go a bit easy on the throttle. I like that very much since that adds to the excitement. Given the Midnight Z is Supercharged and not Turbo Charged the throttle response is phenomenal but not at all overwhelming.

In my first race online I was doing well and moved up to third place on Grand Valley on the fourth lap of five. There was a Subaru WRX STI in the lead that I gave up on catching since he was driving well and weighed in at 100kg less but I had second in my sights. Unfortunately on the last turn before the straight I happened to mash the throttle a bit too early and spun a bit which resulted in a fifth place finish. I did come in second a couple of times later that day but more importantly had a blast driving it.

I managed a 6:51 lap of the Ring with Racing Softs and got a bit of lift on the first section. The Z touched down safely and all was well. :) I'm sure a better driver could shave off a few seconds.

5387207662_f1ab0b84e6_b.jpg

I have over 80 premium cars that I have bought / won but the Midnight Z is in my top five favorites without a doubt. It's quick, handles great and is fun to drive. I love that it can achieve this level of handling while looking completely stock. (I liked the stock exhaust tips so I did an oil change and drove the car for 120 miles or so to achieve 503 bhp instead of purchasing a racing exhaust. I guess you could look at it as a money saving tip if you're low on credits.) Thanks for your hard work Roj.

Oops!

The answer is yes. It may be a while before they get done though as I'm going to be focusing on my TGB entry.

Unless, of course, one of the cars you're after is an '10 Impreza :dopey:

No review unfortunately, just want to say how amazing your tunes are, pretty much used all of them and its made the cars miles better, my personal favourite at the moment has to to be the Peugeot 908, THE THING IS INSANE!!

Keep the tunes coming!

Jack

RKM Motorsport’s Yellow Hat Supra

YellowHatSupra.jpg

YellowHatSupra_Big.jpg

Based on: Toyota Yellow Hat YMS Supra ‘05
Obtained: Brand new from Toyota

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 498 BHP (@ 57.7 miles)
Torque:---- 52 kgfm
Weight:---- 1090 kg
PP:-------- 597

PARTS

Tuning Shop

Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/60

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.685
2nd:-- 2.520
3rd:-- 1.857
4th:-- 1.473
5th:-- 1.208
6th:-- 1.030
Final: 3.310
Max Speed: 205 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/21
Accel:-- 0/36
Braking: 0/15

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 17.0/17.0
Extension:-- 8/8
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 4/5
Camber:----- 2.0/1.5
Toe:-------- –0.17/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Matauco sent us a pair of GT500 Super GT cars as a thank you present. In return, we’ve given this Yellow Hat Supra a competitive tune up, guaranteed to make for close racing with other Super GT’s. Lots of grip and lots of speed, all while still maintaining an easy to drive character.

3rd Mar 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Last edited:
Back