Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little teaser.. Sub 1-minute lap on Tsukuba. No downforce or RM, S3's, ~350bhp+. :mischievous: Needs little more tweaking to be REALLY fast.

Gray... Leoniade..... my buddy sent me this way and swears by your tunes... he was over here trying to "fix" the Shelby 350's tail happy nature, and said you would be the final solution.

His old SN was "SHOMAN1" I think... "Bubba" or "Dan" you may know or remember him as. He's been stuck on Forza, and I'm trying to pull him back to the darkside. :)

At any rate.. I noticed a LOT of Ford tunes.. and a lot of old muscle car tunes... so I figured you might have one laying around somewhere for the good old 350.

Thanks in advance!

I indeed do have one under development. It is a hairy beast even with mere 400bhp or so, but I'm still working on it.any more power and it would be undriveable. :scared: If you wish, I could send a work in progress-version of the settings.. But I have to remind you that this car needs a lot of skill in order to reach it's full track potential.

Oh no... I know exactally what you mean... It pivots so well without the gas pedal... lol I guess a lot of it seems like your driving slower than you are espically when your driving alone. I noticed that even tho I was only at about 1/3 pedal on the fourth and fifth curves at LaSarthe.. I was still keeping up with the pack.

I also thought it might be the LSD coming on so quickly.. but then I noticed the Torque curve that comes on just about as quick as I've ever seen.. so yes... its a handful to me anyway you slice it. It seems like the best lap times are when you feather the throttle a little in the curves, after tossing and sliding your car into the apex... thats where I see the fast times... going in hot and sliding to that perfect apex speed before you power back on and pull out of the corner..

I guess I have a few directions I went with trying to tune it and I'm curious to see which angle you attacked this beast at.. :)

Thanks!

Ferrari 599GTC '06

838+ bhp, 745+ Nm, 1280 kg
Painted in Nuovo Blu Pozzi from Ferrari

Here's my review.

Noticing that I had some leftover money I decided to listen to the Finns here and grab a 599GTC. Truthfully, I've driven it before, but without a proper set-up, tyres (RS last time), and just caring about the feel of the car.

Heading with the new Ferrari that's in the same color as the one above- I chose the Nurburgring GP/F course, as I'd just tested a slew of fully-tuned AWD supercars that seemed like a challenge to the FR Ferrari. Speaking of challenges, I also just did the X Challenge here, making it even more viable for a fun drive.

Hitting the tarmac in the big Ferrari was kind of frightening- I rarely drive TCS off, and without seeing this, never in an 840hp V12 599. First corner appears, and I go relatively light on the throttle, a little heavy on the understeer, this car. As soon as the hairpin ends, I pull out full throttle and hit a wall. WAY too much oversteer. Completely adverse effect that I heeded no warning for. Doling around the rest of the track reveals nice power, but the understeer-to-oversteer means you have to go in a turn, give a few throttle blips and touches of the brakes, and then when the straight is clear- gradually build up the rpm's, then swing the foot to the floor and prepare to have your head blown clean off.

Without TCS, I managed around a 2'05.xxx, with TCS on 1, I got a 1'59.5xx. The first time is really uncompetitive; the second placed it fifth in a group with 2 GT-R's, A Murcielago, R8, Veyron, and a 3000GT. Not bad, but not good when there's seven cars.

Which leads me to my last point. The car is a brilliantly fun car, but the understeer is far annoying, and the speed isn't exactly that fast. But then again, I'd just driven an X2010 and 4WD supercars, which cuts the Ferrari a little slack. Out of 20, it gets a round 15. But that isn't enough; this car left me a little un-tingly, and seems more planted as an Autobahn Grand Tourer than a super-fast track day special.

I wanted it to be the second one.

GT_Prologue5
As soon as the hairpin ends, I pull out full throttle and hit a wall. WAY too much oversteer. Completely adverse effect that I heeded no warning for.

No warning?

-838+hp
-745+ Nm of torque
-1280kg
-Front engine Rear wheel drive.

With this much power on a fairly light car there is no power oversteer that can be corrected by tuning if your going to full throttle out of turns.

No warning?

-838+hp
-745+ Nm of torque
-1280kg
-Front engine Rear wheel drive.

With this much power on a fairly light car there is no power oversteer that can be corrected by tuning if your going to full throttle out of turns.

I'm used to TCS-limited cars. Maybe I should stop doing that, but it kinda tricks you into thinking you can plow through corners regardless...which I couldn't. Looks like I learned something today.

But that isn't enough; this car left me a little un-tingly, and seems more planted as an Autobahn Grand Tourer than a super-fast track day special.

Thanks for testing! Well, it is a GT after all. It'll turn nicely into a track day car by equipping racing slicks but the sports tyres simply don't provide enough grip. I don't know if it's the game modelling or if the car really is like that but it's a very slippery model all round. Not that slow though... at one point I had a nearly fully built GT-R under testing and it was about two seconds faster than the Ferrari. I'm willing to bet just about every bit of those two seconds comes from accelerations out of slow corners, RWD really isn't the key to ultimate lap times on very high powered road cars unless there's some other advantage in the play too.

On a different subject, our next pair (or more like my part of it) suffered a bit of a setback when it was realized the car wouldn't handle no matter what. It's reasonably fast but has a pretty large shortcoming that couldn't be worked around by either of us. I then tried another suitable model and found the exact same thing to happen with it. Another for the scrapyard. The third one finally worked, it's a model I originally had a bit different plans for but it seems I have no choice but to use it now. It might be a bit slower than what I first had in mind but it's about 18 times nicer to drive so I'll continue its development rather than hit my head on the wall.

For those who have followed us for a longer time, this also means that one of my promises is still kept. I was ready to break it myself but fate decided otherwise.

Thanks for testing! Well, it is a GT after all. It'll turn nicely into a track day car by equipping racing slicks but the sports tyres simply don't provide enough grip. I don't know if it's the game modelling or if the car really is like that but it's a very slippery model all round. Not that slow though... at one point I had a nearly fully built GT-R under testing and it was about two seconds faster than the Ferrari. I'm willing to bet just about every bit of those two seconds comes from accelerations out of slow corners, RWD really isn't the key to ultimate lap times on very high powered road cars unless there's some other advantage in the play too.

Thanks for the words, Greycap, it's just that when you hear about big power Ferraris and how they beat Enzos and all that, you expect it to fly around and crush everything. I guess me liking it all came down to the fact that I sold it afterwards; I could see a select group of people liking the car though.

Can't wait for what's next, BTW.

[...] it's just that when you hear about big power Ferraris and how they beat Enzos and all that [...]

Funny that you should mention the Enzo which is just about as much of an underperformer when considering its reputation. I really don't know if there's something wrong with how these exact cars are modelled or if they actually aren't that special after all but they certainly aren't the miracle machines they're made out to be. They're good, yes, but they don't rewrite the laws of physics.

Honda Integra Type RS'04

356 bhp, 310 Nm, 999 kg, PP 502
Painted in Championship White from Honda

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New wheels, Enkei JS+M
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: VTec just kicked in, Yo.

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.940
2nd: 2.099
3rd: 1.650
4th: 1.350
5th: 1.150
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 4.100

Max speed: 250 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 50
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 7.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 3
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.5 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.15 / -0.50

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 10

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

DC5 was the swansong of the Integra Type R as we know it. The latest version of the car had same willingly revving K20-powerplant as the Civic, and while it was fine as it was, the very last, ultimate trackday Integra would have to offer something better than that. This was first turbocharged Type R ever to leave the production line, and sadly, it was also the last. The engine develops relatively healthy 350bhp+ and 300nm of torque at high revs, keeping to the nature of Type R alive despite of forced induction. The already sparse interior was stripped to bare minimum, and other weight reduction efforts were done as well, bringing the already skinny coupe to anorectic 999kg. And while the car is track-oriented, it has no rollcage in order to help daily commuting around urban areas. Suspension, transmission and differential, as well as flywheel and clutch were changed to adjustable and more durable units. Just to make sure that this car would be perfect in all conditions, it was tested on legendary Nürburgring, where it easily conquered the undulations, blind corners and rumble strips with lightness and grace of a martial arts master. Take care, though.. Heavyfooted drivers without knowledge of FF driving techniques WILL struggle in corners.

I tested the first of the vtec's one little trouble i had was getting the transmission right...i used google to convert kmh to mph and it told me 155 (also the standard for the car) okay i guess i'll leave it there i thought..now to tune first gear...slowly dragging slider to left....wait...where is it..? it can't go that far...well maybe google was wrong...i'll just default and go up one notch on top speed...still can't get 1st gear to get that low...finally at 168 mph it would take...but then on 4th and 5 gear the numbers were too high i couldn't make it so it would go that far?????

am i missing something obvious...i've had this problem before using other's tunes after the update that allowed individual gear ratios to be changed...i used to just look at the final gear ratio on the mft tunes and raise my max mph till they were same number but with individual gears it's not going to work like that...

also wouldn't the car be better with the racing modifications installed, or is that just free upgrades and fancy stickers?

anyway back to the car...it was only 2 seconds slower around the highspeedring than a stock pagani zonda R...i got a 1:10 something...your tune for the toyota 2000gt was 1:11 so that's made a big difference for that car...acceleration is good but due to lack of high speed (200+) i was hesitant to brake for the corners so i hit the wall a couple of times...i also turned my traction to off usually i leave it on but you guys suggested to turn it off so i did...i also used racing soft but i use on all my cars (is that wrong?)

otherwise great car....i like the fact that it redlines before reaching top speed i got it up around 165 mph before i needed to turn...

anyway another great car from you guys...

TL:DR what's up with transmission
Is Race Mod better?
how recommended are the tire suggestions?

just landed 1:37 at Trial Mountain Circuit i'm getting more used to the car and it seems that if you let off the gas, tap the break, turn, tap accel, stop turn, then full accel that's the way to go on the turns...

Last edited:
I really don't know if there's something wrong with how these exact cars are modelled or if they actually aren't that special after all but they certainly aren't the miracle machines they're made out to be.

I feel (and this is just me talking) that this game favors and shows more attention to the japanese cars of the game, often i feel that cars from this country seem more powerful than other cars...i've talked with numerous other people who have had issue with one race where we thought America had the advantage and a certain "x runner" was always outperforming other cars...DAE feel this way or is it just me...i also feel they are unfairly representing cars from other countries when they have like 30 different mx-5's, 20 something skylines and only maybe 40 american cars...i realize we don't make many cars but they missed some obvious cars i thought should have been in the game...same with the UK cars...

*steps off soap box...well...keep up the good tunes!!!

I tested the first of the vtec's one little trouble i had was getting the transmission right...i used google to convert kmh to mph and it told me 155 (also the standard for the car) okay i guess i'll leave it there i thought..now to tune first gear...slowly dragging slider to left....wait...where is it..? it can't go that far...well maybe google was wrong...i'll just default and go up one notch on top speed...still can't get 1st gear to get that low...finally at 168 mph it would take...but then on 4th and 5 gear the numbers were too high i couldn't make it so it would go that far?????

am i missing something obvious...i've had this problem before using other's tunes after the update that allowed individual gear ratios to be changed...i used to just look at the final gear ratio on the mft tunes and raise my max mph till they were same number but with individual gears it's not going to work like that...

You need to set the top speed first, then the final ratio, only then the individual gears. The top ratio may well give you a different top speed in the end but this way it will be easier to set the individual ratios (and they will allow you to set the ones suggested). And 250kmh is 155mph. :)

As for the tyres, Race Softs will make a big difference but often also mask the car's true behaviour. You will inevitably go faster with them but the tyres for which the car was tuned are generally the ones with which it behaves most as intended. :)

In terms of cars, you are right, there is a leaning towards Japanese cars (in numbers, at least). As I imagine many of PDs developers being Japanese this is to be expected. On top it is probably a bit easier doing another iteration of a MX-5 than modelling a completely new car. ;)

There are other cars I would wish included as well - granted. I guess we will just have to wait and hope for some updates in this respect :) As far as pickups go, I guess the Tacoma is the only compact one in the game, which might give it an advantage, when fully tuned.

Transmission issues? But those are ratios Greycap and I ended up after doing the testing and they could be applied just fine. :odd:

i don't know of any wrong part that could have let me also tune the ratios...i think what happens is the ratios change when you have it set to mph as opposed to kph...that's the only thing i can think of...i've tuned many a car and always purchase all the recommended upgrades...i followed this one exactly even purchasing the weight removal and such, the only thing i did different was racing soft...who knows im going to change my game to kph and set the transmission and then change to mph and see what it changes the numbers to...can't wait to see greycap's car...I have a pretty good idea of what it is but I won't tell! otherwise i'm still waiting on my friends to come online so i can show the tune to them...they are always astonished at how fast my car is off the line when they are in the same fully upgraded car...

also when tuning other cars the kph is a number when converted is not a choice that mph could choose from...

Is Race Mod better?

Undoubtedly. We wanted road cars though so there is none applied.

how recommended are the tire suggestions?

They aren't suggestions - they are the tyres the setup was made to work with. For example that Integra has a lot of oversteer to help it in tighter corners but with racing tyres I'm pretty sure most of it has disappeared due to vastly increased grip. As a result it doesn't handle like it was designed to and a large portion of the work done to strike the fine balance has gone for nothing as the tyres change the behaviour.

You wouldn't expect a car made for Racing Softs to handle as planned when you slap on Sports Softs, would you? I thought as much. It's the exact same story the other way round too.

still can't quite get the transmission right...i will be setting the car as an online status...You are tuning the Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 (don't forget to add to list under tuning menu) the lowest number allowable on both mph and kph for my first gear at 250 kph is 3.032 to 4.094 when i raise to 260 kph it changes to allow 2.963-4.009 and finally at 270 kph i can reach your ratio between the selectable 2.900-3.930??

I have no idea the car is set to online status with the gears and transmission left at default...

one other thought could it be that i haven't broken in the car enough...it is new from the dealership?

Yes, it is a premium-grade vehicle from the dealership, that should had been obvious from the pictures already. ;) If you're using worn out standard model, I'm not sure if that would be the reason to the transmission difficulties you're experiencing.

it's still listed as online status if you wanna borrow and race it...btw your b-spec drivers are amazing...I had been racing you and Greycap and realized that the only way for my driver to win is to have someone else race them...

I took the Integra out online... two things happened (on a side note apparently you can now (only online tested) take cars that are set to share out in online matches) first thing was i was racing the nurburgring track D, G? it's the one that has the longer straightaway coming inito the s curve before hairpin toward straight at finish...not the one with multiple s curves...anyway i was racing friends my car a MFT Integra with racing softs and 170 mph with suggested tune ratios...VS a race modded integra with no tune but full upgrades and whatever that other guy was in...gtpx sunfire or something or other...firstly i'm a good driver....one the practice laps but whenever the race starts my fingers are out to get me after initial understeer due to lack of braking trying to maintain first place i was passed by a race modded integra....i quickly was neck and neck again and coming onto the s curve before the turn before the finish i went for the inside corner for a pass. the other driver started to move toward me for the turn...not wanting a contact penalty i cut the corner a little too close and ended up with a 11 second track shortcut penalty game is stupid for that...so i dropped out the race...it was last lap. next race...no penalties...we all agreed to shortcut the last s curve by taking the straightaway and continuing it through the grass....I SMOKED THEM...in a race modded integra with a more experienced driver he should have easily won but the tune made all the difference...

and the sound that car makes is phenomenal...it's fun to drive and i only lost one race...with it...a Toyota 86GT concept or whatever the sports one was pulled out at the last minute and easily defeated me...my friends know i always bring new tuned cars to race online so they wait until i've chosen a car pick something they hope is better and start the race....

anyway thanks for another winning tune guys...keep it up...i'd really like to help you guys out so if you are ever looking for a particular car...(if greycap doesn't have it already) gimme a pm and i might have it...or if you just wanna see how an amateur driver takes to your cars in the testing stages i'd be happy to lend my services...i'm going to try to give you guys some extra b-spec cash and race your drivers hopefully you can grind less races and focus on tuning more...thanks again for helping out...

ironmanthing

Honda Integra Turbo R '98

362 bhp, 298 Nm, 950 kg, PP 500
Painted in Championship White from Honda

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: 200.000Cr should do pretty well

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 32
Ballast Position: 50

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.611
2nd: 1.824
3rd: 1.450
4th: 1.185
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.847
Final Gear: 4.650

Max speed: 290 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.0 / 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 9 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 5 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.10 / -0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 10

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

While the Integra RS indeed was the one and the only factory production Integra to boast forced induction the concept was originally tried out in a DC2 chassis to evaluate its sensibility. This is the story of that test mule.

Starting life as an ordinary '98 Type R and keeping the stock looks to avoid attracting attention on the streets it was fine tuned by the factory engineers even before stepping to the dark side, the power exceeding 250 bhp even in NA guise thanks to increased maximum revs and some serious internal work. But the real difference was only achieved after bolting on the turbocharger - naturally specifying a model that wouldn't kill the signature VTEC characteristics. As a result it's still a typical high revving, low torque Honda engine but this time the VTEC roar is accompanied by a thunderous sound of rushing air as the snail comes alive and begins pushing the featherweight coupe forward. The suspension does its best to keep everything under control, sometimes succeeding, sometimes not but hey, test cars aren't always that refined. What is certain is that it's very likely one the most powerful DC2s around and still somehow manages to keep up with its younger brother quite well despite being one generation behind what comes to mechanical grip. One can only wonder how well it would drive without the excessive power...

(some of us know that already and the answer is pretty damn well)

Last edited:
I was wondering how I would write this review, I did think of giving it a score out of 10, but I don't think that a many-faceted opinion can be expressed in digit form, so I'll just ramble on for a few papargraphs.

First, we have to get two things straight: I love the BTR, and I hate Leonidae. First he made me remove all of the lovely weight from my nice wee car, then add that monstrosity of a wing. Luckily for him however, his setup for this stunning little car broke all my previous lap records, which redeemed him slightly. Well, atleast after I've gotten rid of that wing.

Lets start by getting the bad things out of the way shall we? THE WING!!... OK, OK, I'll let that go. Aside from that, the brake balance, 0/0? I can only assume he'd had a few too many bottles of vodka that day and his mind was slightly addled, but I had to set the brakes to 2/4 or 3/4 to get my better times. But if you do this, you'll need to pre-emptively countersteer during the acceleration after you've reached your desired speed, or short shift during the acceleration to stop the rampant oversteery fun that is waiting to attack you at any moment.

Now we can move onto the good points. To put it lightly, the car is maneuverable. Put more bluntly however, its as agile as a rabbit on roller skates. It goes exactly where you want it, late braking for overtakes or sharp adjustments of your line are no bother.
Secondly, the speed. You have 660 raging horses under the bonnet... err I mean, balanced about two metres behind the rear axle. With a bit of gear tweaking, the power is always there. The response to throttle input is immediate, and will definitely keep you on your toes, but its nothing a bit of short-shifting won't solve.
Moving on to the feel of the car, its agile, quick and capable of lightning fast changes of direction (often unintentional) so what more could you want? This car has it all, speed on the track and the excitement of being on the edge of grip most of the time. If you're after a driver's car, you've certainly found it.

Treat her nice, and there will be nothing infront of you but empty roads, and nothing behind you but your shocked victims... That does mean they get a good look at that bloody awful wing though. :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back