Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double post already YEAAHHHHH! :dopey:

Welp, I had a few laps with the yellow subma..., I mean, Lamborghini, and I must say, solid comeback from you, Leo. 👍 Here's a quick recap (in case I can't do a more deep review):

The car handles quite well, although I experienced a few cases of understeer here and there. But apart from that, the car is very stable and has solid grip when required, with a very safe oversteer when you hammer it. In Spa, I had a minor off, and in most (Murcielago) cases, I would've died, but in this, all I had to do was wag the tail a few times and it got back in place like a neck after a good chiropractor session. The gearing is truly race-inspired, one minor distraction from me and the car was already yelling at me to change gear. As a result, the accel was very impressive, even for a normal Murci. Being rough is ok when you hammer the accel pedal, but I think the car doesn't like it when I did the same with the brake pedal, it does feel a bit wayward. It's a good car overall, big pricetag aside, a solid start for the crazy 3 series.

If you think that the Lambo is looney, then the next two cars are directly from the rest rooms of Arkham Asylum.. :D

Well, my next one will make you laugh like Joker, while the last one will smash your sanity with brutal top speed.

The Amuse GT1 Turbo.

I would indeed say that this tune will make this a good starter car for those who are not that experienced, but want to start racing with higher powered cars.

Thanks! 👍

The changes from the default setup weren't exactly ground breaking but it seems that many small things all played nicely together and transformed the car from a monster to a household animal. Still very fast, even faster than before, yet easier to drive. It actually makes me wonder what had been done wrong with the original...

Glad to see this ol' flame hasn't died yet, I will have to give the Lambo a try this week sometime. My Aventador & Track-special Gallardo have taken my heart already, let's see if a 'Mercy' can't make me cheat, lol

We'll see, Mr. Leo, we'll see... :mischievous: As for now, I'm going to bed, college comes tomorrow, but I'll keep an eye on the forum for those two beasts, do not dissapoint me sir, I would like to feel some danger to excite me before GT5 loses its appeal once and for all. :dopey:

Glad to see this ol' flame hasn't died yet, I will have to give the Lambo a try this week sometime. My Aventador & Track-special Gallardo have taken my heart already, let's see if a 'Mercy' can't make me cheat, lol

Of course it hasn't died. We did indeed go underground for a while due to me being at school and the whole mess of time zones, not to mention tracking down motivation. But, as you can see and will find out, the madness is still intact.

We'll see, Mr. Leo, we'll see... :mischievous: As for now, I'm going to bed, college comes tomorrow, but I'll keep an eye on the forum for those two beasts, do not dissapoint me sir, I would like to feel some danger to excite me before GT5 loses its appeal once and for all. :dopey:

All I can say that with the second car you will learn to play ball like never before, and with third, 99.9% of the usual suspects at Route X will stay behind you.. :mischievous:

All I can say that with the second car you will learn to play ball like never before, and with third, 99.9% of the usual suspects at Route X will stay behind you.. :mischievous:

Oh will they now? :mischievous: Overwhelming speed for one and overwhelming danger for the other, I see. :scared: Also, ironic that you ended up doing a Lambo tune and now PD has added Lambo to the list of Vision GT cars (wild and the wildest in one fell swoop). :lol:

Golf RS32 '03

432 bhp, 500 Nm, 1216 kg, PP 523
Painted in Arancio Atlas from Lamborghini

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, finished in Candyweiss from VW
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
5 Speed Close-Ratio / 6 Speed Close-Ratio / Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tyres

Overall cost: Golf can get expensive as a hobby.

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.719
2nd: 1.941
3rd: 1.471
4th: 1.166
5th: 0.968
6th: 0.713
Final Gear: 4.235

Max speed: 255 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 10 / 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 40 / 40
Braking Sensitivity: 20 / 20

Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 30 / 70

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / -10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.5 / 6.5
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.50

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 10
Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Some afro-haired tall clown once said that Golf R32 doesn't like to play ball with him. I'd love to see his face after he has driven this one. It has borrowed a paintjob from Lamborghini color chart, and has quite a bit of teutonic temperament underhood. In fact, it has so much of said temperament that it is easy to keep this little hatchback sideways with all four wheels spewing smoke through multiple corners. I dare you to call this Golf a boring car, I double dare you.

RUF R-GT '00

375 bhp, 398 Nm, 1305 kg, PP 500
Painted in Imola Orange Pearl from Honda

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Rays Volk Racing CE28N, finished in AMG Monza grau magno from Mercedes-Benz
Window Weight Reduction
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: doesn't matter, you'll pay it anyway

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 135
Ballast Position: 0

Engine Power Limiter
Power Level: 94.5 %

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.073
2nd: 2.147
3rd: 1.675
4th: 1.380
5th: 1.175
6th: 0.998
Final Gear: 3.250

Max speed: 290 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.5 / 10.0
Dampers (Extension): 7 / 7
Dampers (Compression): 5 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 5

Driving Options

It seems that orange German things come in twos. First things first, this was one of my planned 500PP specials and the only one to ever materialize, thus the use of ballast and power limiter - two things I've used pretty sparingly.

While the RUF RGT is quite a lot quicker than the Porsche 911 it was built from, it still needs some work to turn it to a trackday special - something that has been done here. There's plenty enough power as it is, some even had to be sacrificed to fit the regulations, and the weight was, err, rearranged a bit. The long ratio gearbox gave way to a swiftly shifting racing unit and an adjustable limited slip differential was fitted. The suspension wasn't left alone either, now it's entirely customizable for the driver's needs. This thing is fast - and by that I mean M3 CSL and NSX-R slaying fast. Named as R-GT to make the race orientedness stand out a bit more, the car still retains the familiar handling of the rear engined 911 family so don't get caught while turning under braking at high speeds!

Master 'Zilla '12

954 bhp, 950 Nm, 1470 kg, PP 651
Painted in stock color from Nissan

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Racing Soft Tyres

Overall cost: Overnighted parts from Japan

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 5 / 5

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.077
2nd: 1.823
3rd: 1.293
4th: 0.968
5th: 0.764
6th: 0.645
Final Gear: 3.445

Max speed: 273 mp/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 60 / 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60 / 60
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 5

Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 50 / 50

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -20 / -20
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 10.0 / 11.5
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 1 / 1
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 10.0 / 10.0

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 0 / 0
Driving Options

This is Master 'Zilla, terror of Route X and other Wangan-like environments. It rules those high-speed environments with sheer brute force, leaving exotic super and even some hypercars far behind at speeds that easily exceed 265mph. Some rumors claim, that it has even passed 270mph on it's own, but that was long time ago. It's up to you to find the truth if you are able to control the might of 'Zilla.

Well, and that should be that for the MFT GT5 sendoff, I'd say. 👍 :cheers: I hope I can leave GT6 alone for a while to test these insane things and say goodbye to GT5 once and for all. Just for the sake of curiousity, are all of these on share? :crazy:

Hold your horses, cowboy.. There's one more.. ;) Sadly, the GT-R cannot be shared due to being a DLC car, but Lambo and Golf are in my shared cars, and Greycap's vehicles will be in his shared cars.

Hold your horses, cowboy.. There's one more.. ;) Sadly, the GT-R cannot be shared due to being a DLC car, but Lambo and Golf are in my shared cars, and Greycap's vehicles will be in his shared cars.

Ah bugger, too bad about the GT-R, but the other 2 might be suitable replacements for it.

One more? What? :eek:

Nissan R390/720GT '98

720+ bhp, 915+ Nm, 1062 kg, PP 667
Painted in Ultimate Opal Black (RP) from Nissan

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Rays Volk Racing CE28N, finished in AMG Monza grau magno from Mercedes-Benz
Rear Wing Type B
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: priceless when you look at the context

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 35 / 80

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.086
2nd: 2.156
3rd: 1.675
4th: 1.375
5th: 1.165
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 2.850

Max speed: 290 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 10.0 / 10.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 8
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 7
Driving Options

All this time it has been hiding in the shadows, waiting to reappear in a form another, and the day has finally arrived. The feared Carbon Creature has evolved and the result is nothing else than Purple Purgatory.

The colour has a double meaning - yes, it says Ultimate Opal Black on the can and the black was chosen as a homage to the Creature of the past, but the shade is unmistakeably purple and that's a salute to my own car. Yes, I have a dark purple car.

But what can I say about the actual car? More than anything the performance speaks for itself, to put things into perspective it lapped GVS faster in this very configuration than the DTM cars we've made and while it doesn't sound like much of an achievement it's worth noticing that they had Racing Softs. This beast is dancing its way through corners on Sports Softs. Insane cornering, insane acceleration, insane everything. This car is Mad FinnTuning at its best.

Three years from the beginning of our GT5 run to this moment, to a minute. That's Finnish precision for you. In those three years we made 90 cars, gathered nearly 1700 posts and a countless number of visits (I would tell the number if I knew how to find it in this new forum version) and now it's time to call it a day again.

The time span isn't all that different to our GT4 run but the car count is less than a half of what it used to be. It would be unfair to say that the game itself caused that, admittedly GT5 somehow wasn't as fun as GT4 but still, the real reason is something else. I guess a part of it is that we simply couldn't fight with pure quality anymore, greater quantity would have been required but we couldn't do that and it brings us closer to what really happened - the world changed, we changed. Back in 2007 we were both in our early twenties, two young men with very few responsibilities and a lot of time to play. Now we're in our late twenties and early thirties, life isn't only about Gran Turismo anymore and it's naturally reflected here. It seems that the kids grew up after all!

I have a feeling we may be at the end of an era here. We've done this for six years and five months now and the world has indeed changed a lot, and we have to change with it. What does future have in hold for us? I don't know, but the only way to find out is to wait and see!

Oh come on guys, I haven't even gotten to building the Lambo, and now you release all these cars (including that Nissan R390 :drool:), I'm never going to get some rest now :ouch:

But seriously, good way to close-out your GT5 run, things have changed and freetime is now more precious (believe me, I'm in the same boat with you guys) than ever, I'm planning on running GT5 a lil' bit longer (possibly until the server goes or GT6 is much better justmyopinion-letsnotstartfights), so I should be able to find time, it's just a matter of how-late :D.

(Forgive the double-post, but time has passed)

Well, with free-time still at a premium, instead of building & breaking-in the cars, I simply just 'borrowed' the Lambo-Mercy & Golf from @Leonidae@MFT's GT5-profile earlier this week (Mon-night I think), and conducted tests for both over the same conditions.

- 5 laps at Monza
- 5 laps at GVS
- 2 laps at Nürburgring Nordschleife

First up, Giallo Toro.
-This one was a surprise, but not in the best-sense of the word. Over the years of me testing MFT creations, private or otherwise, each individual car had a feeling of being more than just "a car" - they were unique, they were creations of metals, materials, fluids, and virtual blood & tears. Whether it was Grim R34per teasing me with 'the light' before the tunnel, or a modest, but pure GT-R32 introducing me to GT5, each car was special in it's own right and earned it's spot in the MFT stable.
-But the Giallo Toro ?, honestly, didn't deliver that familiar MFT feel :indiff:. On the straights, even with all it's power, it felt slow - it'd even 'bog' after reaching the rev-limiter in a few gears at times, it always felt more like low-500's rather than the 650+ it had. I constantly found myself asking "why isn't this thing snapping my neck ?", and no, I didn't just come out of a X2011 or F2007 or anything, rather the opposite, a 500HP Ruf CTR2, quick yes - but a 650HP Lamborghini should have made it feel slow, but I never got that 'feeling', maybe the gears were off - I didn't look at the setup, I was tempted to throw the stock-trans back in, but time was running low and I still wanted to get to the golf.
-In the corners, things weren't much better. It felt like the front and rear of the vehicle were constantly working against one another and rarely working together, and even when they did - it was brief. It'd lose front grip with the slightest change in steering-angle, but the rear wouldn't rotate to help you out, no matter how much momentum you had it carrying. Even going for the E-brake did nothing, as all that did was lock all the tires up, making things only worse as it still wouldn't rotate, but rather just slide off track in a straight line, literally fighting any sideways motion.
-Then later the rear would 'spook' under hard braking and become unstable, and want to swap places with the front, which still wouldn't give the grip needed to reign-in the rear, it was a struggle to find consistent grip when needed, this problem was more apparent at GVS, but at Nürburgring, I found that limiting yourself to a small - tight amount of steering angle (with a wheel) through sweepers, actually yelded very good grip, a 'sweet-spot' if you will, that allowed some of MFT's presence to come-through, but it would quickly disappear again at the next up/down shift as the power & gearing woes came back into play.
-Overall, it felt like a car that didn't know just quite what it wanted to be, track-monster on sport tires ?, racecar without racecar-downforce ?, too much weight or too little grip ?, I never felt it had a definitive purpose in the MFT stable, but more of an honorary spot-light as GT5 came towards it's quiet end. I wonder if changes in the trans&diffs would make noticeable improvements in drivability ?, but as it wasn't my car, and I still believe in the 'old ways' of being a gentleman, I left it as-is and reviewed it for how I experienced it, rather than force my ideals upon it. 👍

The 400HP Golf was a similar tale, although a little more enjoyable due to a much shorter wheelbase (giving way to easier sideways-shenanigans) and actually going along with E-brake tug's rather than fighting them tooth-n-nail. For 400HP, it moved well-enough, but for all its bragging, I expected a lil' more 'explosion' for propulsion. An LS6 at 400-ish feels more lively in a heavier car than the 400 in this Golf, maybe it's just me, but it didn't 'wow' me, even for a Golf.

But do not fret, these 2 didn't suddenly make me turn-away from MFT, maybe there was a screw-up during the 'borrow' process, or the cars weren't set-up properly when I got to them, who knows ?. Or maybe my expectations are just rather quite high after my pleasure of meeting the MFT Ferrari 430 Scuderia Competizione, either way I do still plan on giving @Greycap's Nissan R390/720GT creation a worthy test-effort this weekend, as well as whatever comes to fruition in GT6 from you guys. 👍

Hum. Part of the reason for the odd, lack-luster handling could be that they were rather old builds, done before last update if memory serves.. They did work reasonably well so I gave them slight spit and polish treatment when I and Greycap played GT5 online for the last time.

Alright, before I fully make the jump into GT6, I should say that I've tested the R390/720GT ...

In a word: "Woah."
In a sentence: "This thing is on Sport-Softs !?!"

This carbon-creature (with a hint of purple ;)) is an excellent car for me to 'close the GT5 book' on. I built it all to spec - colors and all - and immediately headed to GVS for testing. Initial impression was "light, powerful, good exhaust soun-CORNER!!! :scared:" - a.k.a this thing is fast. The 720GT attacks corner-entry rather aggressively, race-car aggressively without the harshness, to the point that I was somewhat in-awe at how far-in I could stand-on the throttle - & - how late I could brake afterwards, I believe the low-weight plays into that, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Once through the entry and settling into mid-corner, the car stays planted and transfers feedback well, it hints some understeer at the limit, not sure if it's a lack of stronger downforce at the front (the setting is maxed, but some canards or something could help) or if that's as much as the tires can handle, the 720GT is asking race-tire grip out of sport-tire after all.
My favorite aspect of this carbon-creature though, isn't the carbon, or the acceleration, weight, sound or appearance.

It's the faux-2nd Gear traction control :drool:, let me explain.

If you drive it hard enough, with no lapse in-time between throttle/brake, so aggressively the pedals of your setup creek under the stress & speed, you'll find that coming out of some lower-speed corners, matting-it in 2nd, the driveline 'loads up' enough to hold-off wheelspin, the revs stay right around 6500rpm as the engine fights the load and vise-versa, and for about a second or so, this car really shines as it shoots out of the corner, without actual TCS, and without wheelspin, and without any drama. This creature is all business with some MFT personality 👍

And that review is certainly a good way to put an end to GT5 on our part too, the final monster being inspected by someone who knows what to expect and how to react to it. 👍

Admittedly it's a slightly watered down version of its ferocious ancestor with less power and a lot less grip but I'm certainly not sure if that's a bad thing. Now the excellent chassis design can really show what it's capable of and as you found out, it can do pretty amazing things for a road car. Well, at least technically it's a road car. The really insane thing is that as you say, it's asking sports tyres to do what racing tyres are usually used for, and it's actually getting what it wants. For a long time I thought I'd never make another R390 but as soon as I heard about the 270 mph GT-R there was a need to counter it with something and surely enough only one car could step out of the ranks to do the job.

It has now appeared twice, nobody knows if there will be a third time. But if there will there's no doubt that it's going to be a wild ride once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back