Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Used your RM Challenger R/T setup to finally beat the Historic RC Cup. I won't be making any end-of-the-year highlight reels and had to take some creative lines to stay ahead of the Chaparrals and Toyota 7, but mission accomplished. 👍

Good to hear that even the Challenger is good enough for that event.

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - 4.000.000Cr
High RPM Range Turbo Kit - 20.000Cr
Racing Soft Tyres - 36.000Cr
A couple of quarts of racing oil - 250Cr
Overhauling the entire thing - 1.000.000Cr

Rocketing over the Nürburgring 24h finish line in the first place after four days of work - PRICELESS :D

Ford GT-SHO'06
....Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.257
2nd: 2.079
3rd: 1.499
4th: 1.173
5th: 0.964
6th: 0.821
Final Gear: 3.360

Max speed: 460 km/h...

Should first gear be 3.257?
Just asking cos' i can only get it to that...

Last edited:
*checks* Yes, you're right. A typo sneaked it's way in the setup. Sorry about that ^_^; *fixes the error*

Spoon NSX-R '02

445+ bhp, 440+ Nm, 1051 kg, PP 550
Painted in Berlina Black from Honda

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Prodrive GC-010G, finished in Berlina Black from Honda
Front Splitter Type B
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: ~300.000Cr

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.127
2nd: 2.184
3rd: 1.700
4th: 1.415
5th: 1.200
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.650

Max speed: 290 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 12.0 / 8.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 8
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.10

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 6

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Spoon is well known for their efforts with Civics and S2000s but they also have the NSX-R GT in their lineup. Something had to serve as the prototype...

Aiming for entertaining handling rather than all out speed a standard '02 NSX Type R was chosen as the starting point. With careful engine tickling the power level got a healthy increase and the car weight got a similarly healthy decrease as unnecessary parts were disposed with and some of the necessary ones were replaced by dry carbon. The newly added rear wing has more to give but the setting chosen is a compromise between grip and avoiding understeer. The same goes for the suspension, the car could be faster but it would lose some of its liveliness so the setup is what it is. It's not quite a street car anymore yet not a race car for the street either. Pretty quick, however, it is.

And in the end the public got a watered down version with a racy scoop. :ouch:

Last edited:
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - 4.000.000Cr
High RPM Range Turbo Kit - 20.000Cr
Racing Soft Tyres - 36.000Cr
A couple of quarts of racing oil - 250Cr
Overhauling the entire thing - 1.000.000Cr

Rocketing over the Nürburgring 24h finish line in the first place after four days of work - PRICELESS :D

Congratulations - on the M*stercard ad style writeup as well as the real achievement behind it :bowdown:

Will we then be seeing a setup for the little diesel Peugeot up here soon? 👍

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could do a tune for the Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71

You cant get the Racing Modifications on it, but it would be good if you could get a nice tune for it :)

You should had edited the previous post to avoid a double post.. But, about the tune.. review one tune from us and you shall receive tune for a car of your choosing.

Will we then be seeing a setup for the little diesel Peugeot up here soon? 👍

I thought about posting it right after the race as an "unofficial" release, no link on the first post but just the car for those who happen to wander around here, but decided not to. Might have been a mistake but I doubt it's still too late.

About Knightmare making a review, I have a very strong feeling he's already tested a car and just needs to put more words in to be well clear.

If you guys do a '71 Mach 1 I'd be interested in seeing the numbers... So far the tunes with overlap have been well different between us.

My first review ever.

MFT's Honda (mine's spoon :sly: ) Integra Type RS.
When I was breaking it in at the Laguna sega 200miles i was stunned by it, FF driven car but still after 15 laps the front tires were at 50% and yet the lap times only suffered 0.5-1.0s per lap.

Brakes have more than enough bite in them, I still miss the brake upgrade what was in GT4, but MFT's integra runs fine without that upgrade. What comes to tyre wear in this car it's normal for FF driven cars: the front is at 45% (time to pit) and rear is still at 90%.

Chasis is phenomenal. Only hazard point in laguna is the corkscrew, but what car wouldn't be tricky in there? When I took it to the Nürburgring Nordschleife I just realised how good the chasis setup is, there was nothing at the ring what could upset the suspension and chasis setup.

Power in this... Well it's there, I think the car could handle more power but would it still be so pleasent to drive? I'm not saying that there's not enough "horses" (or mad Finns) under the carbon bonnet, yes or no, you still have to be carefull with the gaspedal.

Overall I'm amazed how the men of MFT has taken allmost all of the understeer away from the Integra, it's like driving a non FF car except in low speed corners with heavy right foot.

Scoring:
Power: 7+
Chasis: 9+
Overall: 9½

And here's something special for all MFT fans, my (not so fast) lap from Nürburgring Nordschleife:

Last edited:
Nice review, and good driving, old chap. :D Keep up the good work, your reward will be delivered soon.

Here's yet another HD video. While this little green man lowered the power, increased the weight slightly and added 8 clicks of rear downforce, he said that the suspension was the thing that kept the car on the track, letting him push the car as hard as he simply could. 305bhp and 1000kg if memory serves. Good to see that the suspension works even with different specs. :sly:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - RTL Racing '10

922 bhp, 1382 Nm, 930 kg, PP 733
Painted in a colourful livery

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

Overall cost: 4.056.250Cr

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 60 / 85

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios (as actually used)
1st: 3.767
2nd: 2.348
3rd: 1.637
4th: 1.204
5th: 0.933
6th: 0.763
Final Gear: 2.813

Max speed: 440 km/h

Gear Ratios (these might be better still)
1st: 3.159
2nd: 2.050
3rd: 1.525
4th: 1.215
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.832
Final Gear: 2.550

Max speed: 430 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 15 / 15
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 9.0 / 10.0
Dampers (Compression): 6 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.10 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 7

Driving Options
TCS: 0 to 5 depending on the calibration of the right foot

So far the tunes with overlap have been well different between us.
You couldn't be any more right - look at them again.

This is the 908 that carried me through the two toughest races in GT5, Le Mans 24h and Nürburgring 24h A-Spec. At the time of writing this it has 10015.4 km on the clock, each one of them driven by me (Retard Racing wasn't let anywhere near this car) and it's unlikely to gather any more. The car is a trophy in itself now and will be kept firmly in mothballs from now on.

While the setup was originally made for the Sarthe circuit it later went on to perform brilliantly on the Nordschleife without a single change. The setup is a bit rough as it wasn't designed to produce the fastest possible lap times but to give predictable handling over the long distances. I only noticed it after I had already begun the Nürburgring race that the gearbox was still in its pre-v1.06 settings but it worked without any fuss. Another set of ratios is provided for those who want to see if they're any better. Before someone calls me out on using a car that was a total overkill for the races - I know. That's exactly why I picked it, I don't fancy having to drive for 24h (x2) on the limit and risking losing the race in the end.

No links or pictures will be made for this setup post, if someone sees it, good. If not, doesn't matter much.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I'm off to enjoy my 100% complete GT5. :D

Last edited:
Later today I shall post my counterpart for the Mid-range Mid-engined pair. It will stick to the naming style of the company, as well as their car building philosophy, which might have been faltering slightly with their new concept models. While the paintjob might not be as smashing as the pure racing versions, it will easily outrun said vehicle, and come with two kinds of settings for casual drivers and professional racers.

Lotus Evora Sport 480

480 bhp+, 531 Nm, 1102 kg, PP 566
Painted in Riverside Gold Metallic from Chevrolet

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Prodrive GC-010G, finished in Black from Toyota
Front Splitter & Skirts Type A
Rear Wing Type B
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost:~300k Cr,

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 15

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.215
2nd: 2.114
3rd: 1.522
4th: 1.151
5th: 0.914
6th: 0.763
Final Gear: 3.777

Max speed: 350 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 10

NOTE:Alternative Pro setup

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.774
2nd: 1.877
3rd: 1.460
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.823
Final Gear: 3.777

Max speed: 350 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / -10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 10.0 / 10.0
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.3
Toe Angle: -0.15 / -0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 7

Driving Options
TCS: 0

Now, this is something that some of you have been waiting for a while. I fell in love with this car back in the GT5 Prologue, and since that time, I've been burning with desire to build this car. I did purchase it fairly early in the game, and started the polishing and evolution of the settings. As a result, this car will be released with two settings; Normal and Pro. Normal will be more suitable for casual drivers who don't want to have their buttocks bitten off by the car, and Pro is for those who enjoy of challenge formed by a car that is at its fastest when its trying to kill you. While the differences are only in the differential and transmission, you will notice how big difference they make on the track. While this Lotus Evora Sport 480 isn't as extremely stripped and stylishly painted as the real GT3 version is, in my humble opinion, it is the closest thing you can get without FIA racing license.

Last edited:
Wow guys, the tune is amazing, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pro setup, but how did you manage to get that Stripe on the car?
Mine comes stripeless and naked :(

Awh, wounder!
Should come with a little disclaimer, you naughty tuner you!
Still, another brilliant setup and I look forward to throwing my Credits at the next one :D

A long, thorough review would be welcome as well. If you do that, you may request a custom tune for yourself from the fellow who did the setup which you want review. *wink wink, nudge nudge* Same rule applies to everyone who does a review.

*Drops a pin and listens to the echo* :odd: I wonder if testers are holding back until PSN is restored..

*Drops a pin and listens to the echo* :odd: I wonder if testers are holding back until PSN is restored..

I'll review the lotus for you guys for sure, I only hope that the tunes I have been workin on transfer to the online physics without to much tweaking.

Lotus Evora Sport 480

Wow, what a tune. Ill start by saying that after a few test runs with both settings I used the 'pro' transmission settings and my lsd settings were between the two at 20/45/10.

I have been struggling with the evora for a while and had been tweaking a setup but to no avail. When I saw this setup I was hopeful and have not been disappointed. The main problem I faced with my evora was understeer (not that you'd know it after driving this), I just could not eliminate it and the car was almost dull to drive. Fairly quick but boring. Oh how that has changed...

The Evora turns in brilliantly and is nice and easy to catch. This car is a bit tricky on sport softs (which I like) and on racing tyres it is just on rails. The pro transmission settings are really well tuned and the car is in the right place in the rev range all the time.

Overall id say not a car for beginners but an extremely fast and capable Evora tune that has improved mine loads. Recommended.

p.s. thanks also for the great integra tune. Used it to help fine tune mine and the toe settings I stole helped alot :)

If this counts as a review worthy of a request then id love a tune for a maxed out (no rigidity) honda city turbo II '83 from UCD with 250bhp 666kg and 541pp. If not thanks for a great Evora and Integra tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back