RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Actually, screw it........I'm off to launch the thread, no more holding back. Only an introduction for now, but you'll see what's coming up. :mischievous:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Epic stalking and F5'ing engaged. :mischievous:
8 hours?! I only sleep for like 5-6 on normal days…got to wake up at 6am -.-

And I know which I got right (the Celica), but what's the other one?!!?!?!Any hints at all?
Go to bed earlier then. :P

It's 4WD and purple.

Oh wow, thanks for that…
It's going to be any one of these (the cars listed are the ones that you haven't tuned) :

Lancer Evo IX RM
GTR R33
Delta HF Intergrale
Subaru Impreza STI '08/'10

But only the GTR is available with purple, and RJ is/was tuning that…ARGHH! I give up :(

RKM Motorsport’s Celica GT-Four WRC

CelicaGT-FourWRC.jpg

CelicaGT-FourWRC_Big.jpg

Based on: Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) ‘95
Obtained: Brand new model at Toyota

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 307 BHP (@ 95.9 miles)
Torque:---- 52 kgfm
Weight:---- 1200 kg
PP:-------- 508

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Rigidity Improvement
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 15/35

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.326
2nd:-- 1.660
3rd:-- 1.258
4th:-- 0.997
5th:-- 0.828
6th:-- 0.713
Final: 4.500
Max Speed: 155 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 10/10
Accel:-- 45/29
Braking: 18/15

Drivetrain
Torque Distribution: 30/70

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -50/-50
Spring Rate: 9.5/6.0
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 2/3
Camber:----- 2.3/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.18/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This Celica GT-Four WRC was requested by racer39658. I should mention now that this is a tarmac tune and not a rally tune, as requested. As with most rally cars, this Celica’s stock set up was unsuitable for tarmac driving. The off road settings aimed towards soaking up bumps and going sideways, didn’t really translate well onto the tarmac. So racer39658 sent us this Celica and asked for a good tarmac tune for it without increasing power.

Keeping the sports hard tyres that it came with, this Celica has gone through a good old tweak to ensure it turns properly on the road. The end result is a surprisingly agile car. You’d be forgiven for thinking it was wearing our usual sports soft tyres, when actually, it’s on sports hards!

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s The Emperor

TheEmperor.jpg

TheEmperor_Big.jpg

Based on: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR ‘05
Obtained: Brand new from Mitsubishi

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 518 BHP (@ 77.8 miles)
Torque:---- 62 kgfm
Weight:---- 1080 kg
PP:-------- 590

PARTS
GT Auto

Rays Volk Racing CE28N Wheels
Racing Modifications

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Hard Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 15/35

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.888
2nd:-- 2.084
3rd:-- 1.590
4th:-- 1.269
5th:-- 1.058
6th:-- 0.911
Final: 3.400
Max Speed: 143 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

AYC Strength: 130

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 14.0/6.0
Extension:-- 9/8
Compression: 7/7
Anti-Roll:-- 3/7
Camber:----- 2.6/3.0
Toe:-------- –0.26/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This is The Emperor. Not the 4th, not the 7th, not the 9001st. The Emperor. The. With a racing widebody, plenty of downforce and enough power to tear hatchbacks in half, The Emperor rules the road with an iron fist, crushing any Impreza in the way.

New for Spec II, The Emperor has opted for racing tyres, to keep himself one step ahead of his enemies.

23rd Oct 2011 - Parts list changes.

Last edited:
Roj, it wasn't CS tires on it when you went up against the S15. :lol:

Anyway. I'll have to give it a try against my incredibly awesome-powered Sanitary Towel.

Roj, it wasn't CS tires on it when you went up against the S15. :lol:

Anyway. I'll have to give it a try against my incredibly awesome-powered Sanitary Towel.

I know. :lol: I was under the impression that we'd all use comfort tyres and then the S15 would be on sports or racing tyres to make it easier to overtake us at set moments. Then I found out we'd all be on racing tyres so I had to quickly slap racing tyres on it during filming. :P

It would be good to get the ol' team together for a comparison. :lol:

I'll have to post my Focus "tune" on here then. I'm thinking everything maxed out,

LSD:
Inital. 60
Accel. 60
Decel. 60
+
Stock Gearbox, Stock Suspension, etc.

And RS tires to go with it. :lol:

I'll have to post my Focus "tune" on here then. I'm thinking everything maxed out,

LSD:
Inital. 60
Accel. 60
Decel. 60
+

I have a Golf V GTI exactly like that. It rolls over at most corners :lol:

Also yay!!! More Mitsu.

Review of the Honda NSX Type R ‘02 tuned by RKM Motorsport:

I just recently found out about RKM Motorsport after browsing the tuning section of the forums and I really do like this tuning garage due to the fact that there is a huge variety of good tunes and a fair tuning request policy. When I looked at a few of tunes I noticed that a lot of them were tuned using sport soft tires which was weird for me because I am use to using racing softs on all of my cars but I do like the more realistic feel of sport soft tires and the challenge that is presented with them! So all in all RKM Motorsport got me using the sport soft tires! 👍 Now on to the tune review of the Honda NSX Type R '02! This car has always been one that I have looked at and known about but never really taken the chance to give it a go until now. When I first bought the NSX and upgraded it just like RKM did without stage 2 and 3 engine upgrades with no tune setup the car seemed to be okay but with a load of over steer and stability problems for me considering it is a MR car with no setup. The car also seemed to be a little unstable throughout the corners and when braking. I finally decided to put the RKM tune to use on the NSX and when I did I noticed a big difference in the cars over all handling. With the big wing attached and a good setup on the car it went through the corners a lot better and was much more stable at high speeds. I am also glad that a bunch of the over steer was removed from the car but not so much to where there would be a lot of under steer. The car still needed to be treated softly when exiting the corners at certain points IMO but that is probably just me considering I am new to sport soft tires. RKM truly made this car great and from what i've read you have had experience tuning the NSX which is why I choose this tune setup and i'm glad I did just that! Anyone who is looking for a very quick sport tire Honda NSX Type R '02 should give this tune setup a go. :)

RKM Motorsport’s Purple Devil Z

PurpleDevilZ.jpg

PurpleDevilZ_Big.jpg

Tuner Comments:
Say hello to our old friend, the Purple Devil Z.

He's a bit angry about no longer being able to hit 300km/h and the tire sizing he's now limited to... And so he takes it out on everyone with insanely well controlled sideways action. Don't expect much pace, do expect a very good drive with a nice helping of oversteer that can easily be corrected though.

Too bad you can't change the rims on (Standard Cars) Huh?

I have my own rendition of the Blue Devil Z- from Wangan Midnight, too.

I will test out your tune :) Im sure its gonna be F-ing awesome.

Edit: AMAZING TUNE! Suits my driving style almost perfectly.

Last edited:
Went ahead and gave your mercedes c63 amg tune a try and I love the difference. I am wondering if you have any suggestions for a tune for Daytona? My tires are wearing out verrrrrrry fast and I just spin out about mid turn after say the 6th lap. It could very well be my driving thats burning through them but any suggestions on what might help?

Are you saying that Roj and RJ are gay? Wow, that's quite a big secret you guys have :D And Mafia_boy, how's the garage coming along?

Well, we all (I think) know what 69 means, so if RJ is the 6 and Roj the 9, and I'm assuming the both of you are boys, that will make it both gay, and gross :yuck:

And how long have you had to put up with him? 4 years? Now I feel sorry for your imagination and how much of a pounding it's taken from imagining all the stuff he types out…

God…I'm having second thoughts about doing the quantity over quality reviews now…have no inspiration/motivation left to write anything out…Any suggestions on what to do Roj?

Last edited:

LSD:
Inital. 60
Accel. 60
Decel. 60
+

Oh dear. :lol:
Review of the Honda NSX Type R ‘02 tuned by RKM Motorsport:
Yay another convert! :D Thanks for the review! It does need some gentle throttle treatment in 2nd gear coming out of corners, I want to completely remove that in the next revision. :D
Went ahead and gave your mercedes c63 amg tune a try and I love the difference. I am wondering if you have any suggestions for a tune for Daytona? My tires are wearing out verrrrrrry fast and I just spin out about mid turn after say the 6th lap. It could very well be my driving thats burning through them but any suggestions on what might help?
I've got no idea about oval tuning but I would suggest driving smoother if you're not already. That said it is a heavy car so tyre wear is going to be an issue.
Roj, does my 330i need to wait until august for the tune?
No, it needs to wait for you to send it.
I just noticed you always used 69 in your RM car numbers. :lol:
For obvious reasons. :D
That's right. RJ's the 6, Roj's the 9. :P
400x.jpg

God…I'm having second thoughts about doing the quantity over quality reviews now…have no inspiration/motivation left to write anything out…Any suggestions on what to do Roj?
And is my 330 going to need to wait till august or can I still send it?

Go write a fanfic. :lol:

Well if I can't type a sentence in my review before questioning myself on the validity of my point, I think a fanfic is a bit out of my reach…

:D I don't think I can afford a keyboard, but how many keys did you break, I'll make up for with reviews or something…
And was it really that funny or shocking?

Latest Posts

Back