Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we don't have any of such plans until there's an event that is organized properly. Take a look at the Evora, I think you might like it.

Well…yes, which should keep me very busy for a very long time……and with my current 'schedule', it should push driving the Evora quite a fair bit back……

hey leonidae thanks for taking part, I havent posted my tune yet because you only get one chance to post it then you cannot change anything, so if you could send me a PSN Friend Request I can put the car on share.
thanks

Nissan GT-R Group A Evolution '07

680+ bhp, 780+ Nm, 1411 kg, PP 599
Painted in White from Nissan

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Front Splitter & Skirts Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: Begins with "2"

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.137
2nd: 2.192
3rd: 1.666
4th: 1.385
5th: 1.175
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.100

Top speed: 290 km/h

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 12.0 / 10.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 5
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.10 / -0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 4

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

When the new generation GT-R became reality it was only a matter of time when it would make its debut at racing circuits. Although times have changed and the days of homologation specials are (mostly) long gone there's always the chance to use one's imagination. Today's heavy hitter is a what-if Group A version of the '07 GT-R.

As the stock power figure wasn't enough (is it ever?) the car has been fitted with new intake and exhaust manifolds, the former being fed by enlarged turbochargers bolted on the latter. The resulting grunt of nearly 700 horses should be enough. To make life easier on the said horses a good 300 kg of extra weight was lost and to keep the lightened package glued to the road a custom made suspension system was installed. Far from comfortable but tuned to meet the requirements of hard cornering, it handles the forces it's exposed to well enough. Between the engine and the suspension lurks a heavily strengthened drivetrain with the screech of its straight cut gears making it very obvious that something fast is approaching. To top it off the entire thing rides on probably road illegal trackday tyres that barely squeal under all the power. Good for the rest of the motoring world that this didn't go into production...

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R SpecV N1'09

629 bhp, 803 Nm, 1405 kg, PP 600
Painted in Super Black from Nissan

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, BBS LM
Front Splitter & Skirts Type A
Rear Diffuser Type A
Front Extensions Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Standard Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Standard Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost:North of 250k

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 43
Ballast Position: 50

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 2 / 20

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 10.5 / 10.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 4
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.3 / 2.3
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.40

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 7

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

While Group A Evolution of the GT-R was aimed to brutal dominance of any track in the hands of skilled drivers, they needed a stepping stone before letting them loose with nearly 700bhp monster. That stepping stone is this SpecV N1, lighter, more balanced car with a setup that is aimed at consistency and confidence building stability. This car kept many features of the base GT-R, such as the GR6 DCT transmission, stock engine block and stock exhaust system. Only ECU, turbo, intake/exhaust manifolds as well as racing catalytic converter were applied on the car, improving the power without making the engine peaky and harsh. Large wing and other aero modifications were done, tires were upgraded as well as the rims, and the interior was stripped of unnecessary materials. To further improve balance, battery and other items were transferred to the trunk in order to achieve 50/50 weight distribution, thus further enhancing the already impressive performance of this GT-R. Feel free to take it out for a spin, I'm sure you're grinning from ear to ear when you return to the pits.

I tried the: Nissan Skyline GT-R V-specII Nür ' 94, had to buy one first (i choose gun grey), bought (and fitted) everything you recommended. Did the settings accordingly. Only i added the Cat. converter sports (sorry), this gave me 271 hp (272 after the testdrive). After fitting SS tyres i took it to Nürnburg to do the TimeTrail.
My first thought was that it was a beginners car, but that changed a bit at high speeds. Wel logically as it sounds: drive fast and things become harder, with this car it felt a bit (i can't explain it as good as i like too) schizophrenic, not much and certainly not grade A psycho, but at speeds above 140 (kph) the car had less feel to it. Atleast that's what i experienced. The thing was that i couldn't recognise exactly when i pushed it out of control, could be my fault (probably is :lol:) but those moments made me realise the car isn't as beginner friendly as i first thought. But overall i was pleasantly surprised, i didn't like the skyline's of the previous GT's, didn't hate them either if i did i would remembered them. (i hated the GTR in prologue, i only did donuts in that one -LOL-) I allmost made silver in this Skyline (normally i need a RM '06 ZO6 corvette for that!), tha car also feels quite light, only after i stopped driving i saw it was 1500 kg. Together with the fact it has only 370 hp (20+ less than most cars i use for the Nürnburg TT) does prove (some of it's) potential.
The gears (AT for me) felt spot on, it wouldn't do better with a fully customobile transmission it think (accept more topspeed perhaps).
I had good times trying "your" Nissan on Nürnburg, if i had more time i'd write (and practised..., i can use some..., :lol:) more. But i'll be back & tell some other findings of the Skyline.
Good night 'n good ride.
stano666
Ps did a few laps on Mountain trail (i should be sleeping but i had to try it there, hehe) my best time was 1:38,XXX if i wasn't so hasty i'm sure i'd be a second faster, but it felt okay there. I think Nürnburg TT is a bit to "bumpy" or the car needs spoilers for Nürnburg TT. The back spoiler doesn't improve the looks imo.

Last edited:
Wooh, there should be a part 2 on the Nissan.., i'm afraid it's lost... -i'll have to censure myself *peep*-
Dang that was a long story i lost. Sorry guys, i've made some notes so i'll give some more of my findings of the Skyline V-specNür'94 if i don't screw up again (*peep*).
I'll also do the '90 RX7 infiny, hopefully (and i'm pretty sure) i'll do a better job on that one. A job wich i won't lose again, or i need a gun. But first it's pizza time and going to my parents.
Greetings stano(sorry for all that *peep* work for *peep* nothing)666

Please, use edit button instead of making a new post. Also, don't fret about the lost part, these things happen.

Ok, i hadn't thought of that.
It was a long story, but i can summing-up the the things that stuck in my brain.
I took the Skyline V-specNür'94 to Cape Ring (professional GT world Champignonship) I raced three times there the 1st time with TMF settings and i struggled to get laps of 3:00minutes The second time i changed the toe angle to 0.00/0.25 i wanted to try this because the original toe setting is 0.00/0.20 (and MFT setting being 0.25/0.00) this created laptimes in the 2min. 58,XXXsec. range. Then i went original, i kept the up-grades but used original toe, camber and suspension settings, this resulted in 2:57ish laptimes...
This :confused: me, so i thought of Mountain Trail, a track i also like, but know a little better (it's been in every GT i know, wich are 3, 4 prologue and GT5) There i did 3 races again (in Polyphony Cup, Expert) now i started the first race with the settings on original wich gave laptimes of 1:38 (as yesterday with MFT settings) The 2nd race i changed to MFT settings, only not the toe, i set the toe to 0.00/0.25, this made laps of around 1:37.5.
Time for the finale: i set toe to 0.25/00 and my times became 1:37.0XX and even a 1:36.8XX. And there i had a little eureka moment: The settings of MFT Nissan Skyline V-specNür'94 makes faster laptimes (you probably allready knew this) if you "kinda" know what you're doing, i.e. the original settings wont kill you, but wont win much either, use the MFT settings and practice a little and laptimes will drop. It's indeed as the stamp says: intermediate driving is required or this set-up could be a set-back.
Well, here i end the summarisation of my storry with MFT Nissan Skyline GT-R V-specNür'94, i had a blast, -apart from loosing the original report, wich blasted me a headache, i probably hit a wrong button- and incase i forgot: I use DS3, i've got the camara on first person view (normal cockpitcam), driving aides as you recommended (ABS1 the rest off) i use the blue ideal race line, my controller's sensitivity is set at 2, i don't use the extra speedometer/rev. counter but i do use race info and fully track on the hud. Thats it for what my brain (t poor lad) could remember, greetings stano666.:)
edit: Ps i used the cat. converter on my Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec NürII '94, i noticed it wasn't on your list only after i accidentally bought, installed and used it, sorry for that

Last edited:
Hm hm.. I wonder what we shall come up next.. light, nimble FF racers, or perhaps more AWD? Then again, expensive FR machinery isn't out of question either.. Ah, choices, choices..

Hmm……how about some Audi? Start with the quattro, do the S4 you have, and end with the old and new rs6's. Should be enough to keep you busy :D

Hey guys great looking shop you have here, can't wait to try out some tunes but I thought you should know, the link to the mazda rx7 gtx, the only beginner tune you have, links to a completely unrelated post, so you guys might want to fix that, unless the problem is at my end. ;)

It probably has to do with some old, deleted post. Those tend to mess up the links.. Anyway, I'll let Greycap know about the bad link. I'm not sure if you found the tune, but it can be seen on the first page when you scroll down.. it was, after all, my first released GT5 tune.

Review - Lancia Stratos HF Stradale '73

After 5 minutes of driving this car, I could have just painted the windscreen black, as I was never actually looking straight ahead.

I also wanted to preface this review with a warning that the Mad in Mad Finns is not just a catchy title - the guys that created this tune for public consumption are only borderline sane.

I won my Lancia Stratos from some ticket and it had been sitting in my garage on 0km until I saw this tune. I quickly applied all the upgrades (raising an eyebrow at the stage 3 weight reduction - like this car needs less weight!) and painted it in Rosso Corsa from Ferrari.

Then I was off to Rome, taking the Lancia home in a sense for a test run.

After I peeled myself off the barriers around the Colosseum, and re-attached my head to my neck after bouncing off the wall near the tight right hand turn near the Circus Maximus, I felt like I'd gone a few rounds with good old Russ the gladiator.

I began composing my less than favourable review whilst ping-ponging through the turns before screaming sideways into the pit lane for an unscheduled stop.

I went back to my garage, tail between my legs, ramming the Stratos into an oily corner and went back to the British Lightweight seasonal events for some credits, XP and a few therapeutic laps in the Lotus Elise, another lightweight MR, but one I'd managed to tame.

But at the back of my mind thoughts of the Stratos haunted me as I drove around the Ring. It teased me, mocked my inability to tame it's brutal, beastly sideways action.

The next day I woke full of determination, and was roundly thrashed in Rome again by the car I'd come grudgingly to call the Red Slipper. Yet, in the eternal city, the old gods may still hold some sway, as like Jupiter spearing a lightning bolt from above, I was struck with a sudden insight.

I was approaching this all wrong - the Stratos wasn't a beast to be whipped into submission, but a thoroughbred racehorse waiting for a competent rider.

The next lap I still hit the wall, but not as hard and not as unforgiving as before, and the Red Slipper was slowly responding to my increasingly deft touches.

Soon enough, we were screaming sideways around corners, on the edge, but still in control. The wind whipped (metaphorically) through my hair, as I rode the Red Slipper, horse and rider becoming one. The cobblestones streamed below us as we galloped through the streets, laying down rubber through every turn.

To cut a long and somewhat dramatic story to a close - This car is now one of my favourites. It takes a light deft touch to get the cornering right, but once you do, this car will sing. The acceleration is fantastic given the BHP and the light-weight chassis, and the car is very responsive. You've got to watch the turn in - too much and you'll wipeout - but once mastered it really pays off.

This car has made me a better driver and I think given me more of an understanding of throttle control (even though I still use X for the accelerator - I cannot change to the shoulder buttons after so many years).

It is just so much fun to drive.

Last edited:
stano666 - Victory after some setbacks! Yes, it takes a bit different approach compared to the stock model but when you get the clue it gives an edge over the original. The difference isn't huge but it does exist.

NSX>GOD - Fixed. Very likely caused by some post deleting or merging as noted.

krioto - Now that sounds like my Stratos! It needs a style of its own, the main thing to remember is to never floor it mid corner unless you're specifically attempting to bring the tail out. It certainly requires a steady hand to unleash its full potential - and as said in the description, a very cool head - but it can be mastered. Just not the same way as most others but that's probably a large part of its charm as it's far more unique than the others.

The Mysterious man behind the laptimes

mftdriver.jpg

Finnish specimen of the famous race of STIGs. Yeah, he's not very talkative either.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is a high time that MFT introduces You to our very own tame racing driver. Unlike other tame racing drivers, he's all natural and not an offspring of race-pedigree parents. He's rather quiet, so we have to speak for him most of the time.. Unless he sees a well kept Swedish car. He is the daredevil who has been driving the wheels off from our tuned cars to get the laptimes you see on the banners, and he is also responsible of the mysterious disappearance of one Team Toyota.

Some say, that he only notices cars that originate from Sweden, and that his steering wheel can tell the difference between left and right. All we know is that he's NOT The STIG, but his arctic cousin! Mush!

LOL 👍 The uk stig is cool, then finnish stig most be ice cool.
I like how you tune dudes, where a lot of people think tuning means buying every possible upgrade first, and do settings later, you go your own way.
Greetings stano666

Unbelievable. I would have thought a pair of GT-Rs draws people like a light draws moths but it doesn't. :odd: It surely wasn't like that in GT4 but I don't know if it's a bad thing.

It's Summer, greycap, people are on holiday! Ok, I promise I'll give a few cars a go once I'm done with the FF shootout, ok?

Short Review:

Nissan GT-R SpecV N1'09

I like the GTR - which may be an unpopular viewpoint, but this car is a modern engineering marvel. But stock in GT5, it is a whaling under-steering pig.

This tune however fixes that, and retains the otherwise excellent essence of the GTR.
This has not been over-tuned into some raging spitting beast, but rather touched-up around the edges to produce a solid, superb handling machine.

The stock transmission works well with the minor upgrades to the BHP, but the suspension settings really bring the car to life. I was also pleasantly surprised that MadFinns left the LSD alone as well - if it's not broke - don't fix it.

I ran the GTR09 through the seasonal 4WD events, not so much for the racing, but for the different tracks to get a view on how it run under the new settings. On Cape Ring the car was perfect, handling everything that the test track threw at it. But my favourite was flying around SS Route 7 - it just fits like a glove - GTR, night-time, crazy Tokyo overpasses.

Great tune for a great car.

Nissan GT-R Group A Evolution '07
This tune is another kettle of fish - this is a crazy souped up super car.
On sports soft tyres, the back end flies out just as you would hope, but the excellent handling allows you to pull it back in and tuck up for the next corner.

The acceleration is eye-poppingly good.

Once again though, the Finns have resisted over-tinkering, and the results speak for themselves. Not every car needs every possible part added or played around with. This tune is evidence of this.

Not a lot more to say really.

Two very different tunes - two very awesome driving machines.

Short Review:

Nissan GT-R SpecV N1'09

I like the GTR - which may be an unpopular viewpoint, but this car is a modern engineering marvel. But stock in GT5, it is a whaling under-steering pig.

This tune however fixes that, and retains the otherwise excellent essence of the GTR.
This has not been over-tuned into some raging spitting beast, but rather touched-up around the edges to produce a solid, superb handling machine.

The stock transmission works well with the minor upgrades to the BHP, but the suspension settings really bring the car to life. I was also pleasantly surprised that MadFinns left the LSD alone as well - if it's not broke - don't fix it.

I ran the GTR09 through the seasonal 4WD events, not so much for the racing, but for the different tracks to get a view on how it run under the new settings. On Cape Ring the car was perfect, handling everything that the test track threw at it. But my favourite was flying around SS Route 7 - it just fits like a glove - GTR, night-time, crazy Tokyo overpasses.

Great tune for a great car.

Not a lot more to say really.

Thanks for the review. Good to hear that you tried it on many tracks and found it performing there as it should., perhaps this will encourage others to try these bad boys out too.

Honda S2000 Spec A '06

After being so impressed with the other tunes that you chaps have posted, I decided to try this one out.

I have never been a huge Honda fan, but this car with your tune is quite a zippy little monster.
The back end when pushed will turn out nicely so you soon find yourself sliding nicely through consecutive corners, and the suspension is quite forgiving if you push too hard.

I tried this tune on a few of the Eifel tracks, as well as on GVS, and have no complaints - it handles wonderfully.

Nice job once again.

I'll start on the Evora soon, and if everything goes to plan, the Ford GT will get a spanking as well :D

From two very different tuners, too. Those cars give you a peek into the philosophies behind our work - Leonidae (usually) makes cars that can hold a perfect line until the end of days and I make cars that don't give a damn about being easy to drive as long as they're faster than the competition in the right hands.

Sometimes they turn out as good handlers though, and the S2000 you tested is one of those. Despite being one if my early tunes it still stands out among them as a car that simply works no matter what you ask from it. If it was to your liking you might also want to take a look at the Spoon NSX-R which is something of a logical upgrade.

And this weekend we shall release couple FR machines. They're expensive, but are they any good?

Good stuff! I've been testing a few of your setups over the last few days... it's opened my eyes to how much better you can make a car with the right talent working on them! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back