(Mopar-383)
Rival 2: Wardez
(Wardez):
Course: HorseFish Pass
Batte Style: Sudden Death Cat & Mouse
Winner: Wardez
Battle Rating: 5 out of 5
Had to run 5 times to decide this one.
It was very tense being followed by Mopar as he's really quick. He passed me on the second run where I led but I was able to pass back to the front and keep myself in it. The third run he followed again but I kept up and we tied.
Fourth run was much the same this time he led. I wasn't able to get anywhere close to passing him but kept up.
Fifth run I was able to pull away and he crossed the finish only 2 and a half seconds behind me.

Very close. Awesomely fun driver to race against.

Vehicle Change Notification
PSN ID: CHRYSTALBUDS
Registered Vehicle: BMW M3 GTR '03
PP of Vehicle: 500pp
Colour of Vehicle: Chrome

Battle Report CAT & MOUSE
Chrystalbuds in his chrome M3 GTR = Walternate in his Clio
rematch from last week lol wasnt much different the cars were and the start was but once he got in front, he proceeded to run away it was a good clean race and he won fairly.

Last edited:
i can sponsor a prize. i have a red suit like orido's from hot version. i can provide a car if tell which one to buy.

i can sponsor a prize. i have a red suit like orido's from hot version. i can provide a car if tell which one to buy.

Orido's Suit. :drool:

I tried to win the seasonals a lot of times just to win some red suits, but won barely none. ( the Red suits with white or black in them )

On topic, any room up?

I'm going to compile a list of prizes, if you are willing to sponsor, add me on PSN and send it to me.

I'll allocate the prizes accordingly... I've got a few ideas already as how to allocate them.
RLT garage will tune a car and sponsor one of the "Catergory" Winners.

Wardez
Results Submission :
Date: 14/07/2011
Rival 1: Mopar-383
(Mopar-383)
Rival 2: Wardez
(Wardez):
Course: HorseFish Pass
Batte Style: Sudden Death Cat & Mouse
Winner: Wardez
Battle Rating: 5 out of 5
Had to run 5 times to decide this one.

Our first ever sudden death cat and mouse. How was the experience? I think you really must get 2 great drivers with similar skill level to go like this head to head. What was the two vehicles involved again?

And how was the tyres after that.

Last edited:
Video Tutorial of Cat & Mouse - 3 Laps

Description from Wikipedia:
Cat and mouse/sudden death

The lead car wins if the space between the cars increases considerably, while the following car wins if they overtake the lead car. If any car spins out or crashes, the other car wins the race. In the event of the following car keeping pace, the race is usually rerun with the positions swapped. Once again the new lead car must pull away from the pursuer significantly, or the follower must overtake, to win and prevent another run.

This style of battle is often chosen when the road isn't wide enough to allow passing, but if the car in front does indeed somehow get passed, the overtaken car automatically loses.

In Legend of the Streets, there are some ground rules to help facilitate this battle style. And here we'll clarify some of the descriptions from the wikipedia statement for LotS.

All Cat and Mouse runs in LotS must start using the "Rolling Start" method. the rolling start method is position where the lead car will be in front and the chaser will be at the back. If both cars have similar PP, the rolling start can start from the long straight.

Usually the recommended place to start is the entry into the first corner. That means rolling start and then go flat out into the first corner.

All races have to be done in Race mode with only 2 players. This is so that checkpoints will be able to calculate the time gap distance between players.

Battle Style: Cat & Mouse - 3 Laps (CM3)
Gap: GOLD - 1.0s

On First Lap:

Before the race started, the two rivals discussed already and the R34 will be the leader on the first lap. Race starts from the long straight and ends at the full lap check point.

Leader: Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI '07
Chaser: Nissan Skyline GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) '02

Leader Win Condition: Lead and increase the gap above 1 second .
(2.0s for Silver and 3.0s for Bronze)

Chaser Win Condition: Overtake and maintains his lead until the finish line.​

At the end of the finish line the R34 could not widen the gap above 1 second (2.0s for Silver and 3.0s for Bronze) and the WRX could keep up, so there is no winner/loser yet. The Gap was 0.420 seconds, so as a result a second battle will take place.

On Second Lap:

The two rivals swap positions and the battle goes into round 2.

Leader: Nissan Skyline GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) '02
Chaser: Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI '07

Leader Win Condition: Lead and increase the gap above 1 second .
(2.0s for Silver and 3.0s for Bronze)

Chaser Win Condition: Overtake and maintains his lead until the finish line.​

Here again, the WRX was able to maintain it's lead and the R34 was able to keep up within the 1 second (2.0s for Silver and 3.0s for Bronze) gap. So there is no winner/loser yet. Although the WRX sustained some damage on the rear left, he still maintained the lead. The Gap between the two cars was 0.429 seconds. The result will be a final battle on lap 3.

Third Lap:

Since this is a Cat & Mouse - 3 Laps, a winner will be decided in this round.
The leader and chaser position will be discussed and mutually agreed between the two rivals, in this case, the R34 is the leader once again.

Leader: Nissan Skyline GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) '02
Chaser: Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI '07

Leader Win Condition: Lead and increase the gap above 0.5 second.
(1.0s for Silver and 1.5s for Bronze)
Chaser Win Condition: Chase and decrease the gap below 0.5 second (1.0s for Silver and 1.5s for Bronze) or overtake and maintains his lead until the finish line.​

Notice the damage on the WRX, it is still there. They didn't go into the pits because it is not allowed and the battle will continue.

At the end of the race, the WRX wins. He won by overtaking the R34 and maintaining his lead until the finish line. Thus taking the win. The WRX didn't automatically win right after overtaking the R34.

What If Scenarios:
If the R34 had maintain his lead with a gap of more than 0.5 second (1.0s for Silver and 1.5s for Bronze), he would have been the winner. If the gap is less than 0.5 second (1.0s for Silver and 1.5s for Bronze), the WRX wins.

If the 3rd lap scenario was played in Lap 1, the WRX would have won the battle in Lap 1 and there will not be any lap 2 or lap 3.

If the 3rd lap scenario was played in Lap 1, and the R34 managed to retake his position by the end of the finish line, the battle will go into Lap 2.

Legend of the Street's Cat & Mouse - 3 Laps (CM3) is not a best of three. Whoever meets the win condition first wins. A three lap format is used so that a winner will be decided at most 3 laps. That's when Lap 3's gap becomes the deciding factor of who will win.

If you want purely Initial D style cat and mouse, choose LotS Cat & Mouse - Sudden Death (CMSD). This one, the battle will only be decided if the gap is increased or someone overtakes.

Cast

Wardez
Nissan Skyline GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) '02
500PP

MONSTAR-1
Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI '07
500PP

And special thanks for Wardez to upload the video!

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification but just to be sure, what happens if the gap at lap 3 is less than 2 seconds? The following driver always wins? Also, are those the final exact times we'll be using in season 1?

Last edited:
xXHannibaalXx
Thanks for the clarification but just to be sure, what happens if the gap at lap 3 is less than 2 seconds? The following driver always wins? Also, are those the final exact times we'll be using in season 1?

If the gap is less than 2 seconds on lap 3, the chaser wins. Thanks for pointing that out.

The gap times is not confirmed yet. But currently I think it's set at a more reasonable gap. As this series matures, I think we will get closer to the correct gap.

If I could get more feedback about the gap, it'll be good. Also, I'm thinking of adjusting the CMSD gap as well. Lap 1 & 2 gap to be 3 seconds. Lap 3 onwards is 2 seconds gap.

Last edited:
TimberW
If the gap is less than 2 seconds on lap 3, the chaser wins. Thanks for pointing that out.

that's not right. For 2 skilled drivers the gap will never get that big unless there is an accident which rarely occurs.

MONSTAR-1
that's not right. For 2 skilled drivers the gap will never get that big unless there is an accident which rarely occurs.

Yeap, that's why we're sorting this out before season 1 begins. So what was the gap between you and Wardez?

I've calculated the gap through the video.

Lap one, Gap was 0.420 Seconds

Lap two, Gap was 0.429 Seconds

And yes, it looks like the gap needs to be adjusted. 👍

Current New GAP:

CM3, Lap 1 & 2: 2 second gap
CM3, Lap 3: 1 second gap

CMSD: 2 second gap

Last edited:
To be honest.. after watching countless hours of Hot Version and Best Motoring videos it really boils down to driver skill

Now, i know noone wants to admit to being a mediocre driver, let alone succumb to admitting another being better than yourself, but in reality it'z hard to judge what an ideal gap is because driver skill varies so much

But that;s what makes LotS special, cause here you can separate the men from the boys, the good drivers from the great ones

I feel 3 seconds is a good measurement. If youre a good driver, you can keep up, if you're great then you can surpass. If you're below, and i know some of us are, (i have no shame n saying im below average) then 3 seconds should be a good standard by which to measure.

Happy Touge'ing everyone!!

I'll be on for battles or free runs for a few hours in a few hours

Ok well what about we just add the gaps up and whoever has the least margin wins?
That's the ideal way to judge who wins

To be honest.. after watching countless hours of Hot Version and Best Motoring videos it really boils down to driver skill

Now, i know noone wants to admit to being a mediocre driver, let alone succumb to admitting another being better than yourself, but in reality it'z hard to judge what an ideal gap is because driver skill varies so much

But that;s what makes LotS special, cause here you can separate the men from the boys, the good drivers from the great ones

I feel 3 seconds is a good measurement. If youre a good driver, you can keep up, if you're great then you can surpass. If you're below, and i know some of us are, (i have no shame n saying im below average) then 3 seconds should be a good standard by which to measure.

Happy Touge'ing everyone!!

I'll be on for battles or free runs for a few hours in a few hours

I will add you.. il be on most of the day :)

Have fun guys! I'll be spending more time with my family today! But if I'm later tonight. I will be joining an already hosted room or re-host one.

Will get the Leaderboard updated before the end of today, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back