Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It cant get to 400 hp I dont think.

The Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02 can reach 405HP, 1133kg, for 511PP
The Alfa Romeo HTC 3.0 V6 24V '01 Can reach 411HP, 1178kg, for 504PP
The Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 Can reach 397HP, 1121kg, for 516PP

Last edited:
Only 400bhp? I've already done a 437bhp Renault, and it's not even driven in.. Oh, and 470bhp Citroen..

Only 400bhp? I've already done a 437bhp Renault, and it's not even driven in.. Oh, and 470bhp Citroen..

Which Citroên? My fully broken in C4 makes 482hp

Also see my previous post on the Alfa listed a couple more for you.:D

My Megane Renault Sport '08 is up to 439hp and still breaking in. Have 70 miles/111?km on it.

Last edited:
RUF RTTurbo '96

535+ bhp, 720+ Nm, 1214 kg, PP 555
Painted in the dark blue colour it came in

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: 300ish thousand Cr

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.766
2nd: 1.882
3rd: 1.450
4th: 1.185
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.833
Final Gear: 3.350

Max speed: 340 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5 / 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20 / 30
Braking Sensitivity: 20 / 10

Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 30 / 70

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.0 / 9.0
Dampers (Extension): 9 / 7
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.10

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 7 / 5

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Known for its stubborn understeeriness in its stock form, the RUF CTR2 is a car with huge potential but very little cornering performance. It doesn't take much to fix, however, and that's what has now been done.

With a proper amount of power now going to all four wheels under all circumstances it exits corners with rage unseen before. There's still some understeer present if you put the foot down too early but the alternative would be losing a lot of exit speed and that's not an option. High speed brakings are of the usual RR layout stuff and mid-corner it's mostly a neutral four wheel drive car with few hints about its unorthodox structure. The performance is up to the par too, reports from Germany telling about sub-7'10 minute laps in moderate traffic.

Countach 560SV

~561 bhp, ~588 Nm, 1241 kg, PP 557
Painted in Nero Noctis from Lamborghini

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: Car can be won from an event, thus, only the mods price.. <200 000Cr.

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.182
2nd: 1.482
3rd: 1.110
4th: 0.884
5th: 0.721
Final Gear: 4.100

Max speed: 350 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 55
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 20

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.5 / 10.0
Dampers (Extension): 5 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.5 / 2.3
Toe Angle: -0.30 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 6

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

This was meant to be Countachs last swansong before giving the stage to the new and properly insane Diablo. This particular Raging Bull has been tweaked to the extreme, without losing any of the roadgoing cars features. The steering is heavy, yes, but it also has to deal with meaty Pirelli P-Zeros grip. Transmission and differential have been adjusted and strengthened to deal with the Bulls outrageous power, and fresh Koni suspension ensures that grip is there when you need it. Don't be afraid. It won't bite.. It will just impale you with its horns if you do stupid mistake with it.

Last edited:
I've just gone through every setup I've made to ensure that the gear ratios are still achievable (and made changes where they were needed, read: for every car with tweaked gearing) in v1.10 as the ratio ranges changed quite a bit. I surely would have liked not to have to do it, if PD only had realized that showing a slightly incorrect top speed is a smaller problem than screwing up half the cars in the game. :ouch: But now it's done.

I've just gone through every setup I've made to ensure that the gear ratios are still achievable (and made changes where they were needed, read: for every car with tweaked gearing) in v1.10 as the ratio ranges changed quite a bit. I surely would have liked not to have to do it, if PD only had realized that showing a slightly incorrect top speed is a smaller problem than screwing up half the cars in the game. :ouch: But now it's done.
:bowdown: Talk about attention to detail…and thank god this MFT is smaller than GT4's, or it'll be the best part of 200 new gearboxes :lol: I'm working on the Contach review (WITH PICTURES FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME :D :D :dopey: :lol:)

Hmm - now I suppose I need to update all my MFT tuned cars - ah well - should make for a long nights driving afterwards!

:bowdown: Talk about attention to detail&#8230;
Someone has to be the accuracy nazi out there. :P
Hmm - now I suppose I need to update all my MFT tuned cars - ah well - should make for a long nights driving afterwards!
Actually you don't, the old ratios set before v1.10 are retained until you want to tune them again from scratch. It's just that they can't be achieved now with a new build so changes had to be done.

I admire your detail Greycap, now only if your frequent shoppers would be as motivated to write perfect reviews. (This is more a crack against myself, nobody else should take offense)

Someone has to be the accuracy nazi out there. :P

Actually you don't, the old ratios set before v1.10 are retained until you want to tune them again from scratch. It's just that they can't be achieved now with a new build so changes had to be done.

Excellent news!

By the way - I've been running the MFT NSX and all I can say is 'AWESOME!'

I'm not really a fan of MR cars, but this car is great.

I've got sone news too! My MFT review is nearly done, though because I feel even more weird than usual, I fear it might not make a lot of sense. Still, the good thing about working in a reviewing group is that I have a editor to look through it for me :) and just so you know, because these reviews need to go in our review thread, I can't use my before/after style, so just tell me if I should use my new style or stick to my old one.

I don't think anybody here raises hell because a review isn't perfect (BLITZ) or made to follow a certain formula (Onboy) - what we care about is that there are reviews. At least some kind of them. As long as it actually tells something about how the car behaves in your hands all is good, because everyone drives differently. What is an entertaining ride for me may be oversteer chaos for someone else and that's why we want to hear how the work for different people.

I don't think anybody here raises hell because a review isn't perfect (BLITZ) or made to follow a certain formula (Onboy) - what we care about is that there are reviews. At least some kind of them. As long as it actually tells something about how the car behaves in your hands all is good, because everyone drives differently. What is an entertaining ride for me may be oversteer chaos for someone else and that's why we want to hear how the work for different people.
Amen Brother! Preach on!:D:cheers:
Seriously reviews good or bad help tuners create better cars. Or at least warn people that certain driving styles may have problems with a given tune.

I would post my review, but there's just one small problem. It's nothing to do with style or motivation, but the fact that as of now, I am around, ohh say 100 miles from home, where the review is.

I would post my review, but there's just one small problem. It's nothing to do with style or motivation, but the fact that as of now, I am around, ohh say 100 miles from home, where the review is.

Any chance you have an answer for my last PM while we wait for you to travel those hundred miles?:sly:

MFT&#8217;s Countach 560SV-

This is a classic Lamborghini. Mid-engined, rear wheel drive, dramatic, looks insane, sounds amazing. Unfortunately, because of its classic origins, it also has just about every other bad trait an old bull like this can have. The steering is like that of a tractor, it&#8217;s heavy, cumbersome. It rolls around like it&#8217;s drunk when you finally point it in the right direction and it&#8217;s not that fast. Most of all though, it just feels too unpredictable, you can never tell if it&#8217;s going to take the corner, just plough straight on or buck you off with a sudden bout of oversteer. Oh, and the brakes are appalling. Until you really stand on them, they don&#8217;t really feel like they&#8217;re working. So, bad brakes, crap handling, and the fact that it weighs 1.4 tons mean that it can only lap the Top Gear Test Track in 1:22.361, so it&#8217;s not the last word in ultimate track day performance either.

And yet, there&#8217;s something about this car, I can&#8217;t really put my finger on it, but it&#8217;s really lovable. Maybe it&#8217;s the lunacy of it all. Driving this makes me feel like a little school boy. It&#8217;s like a comic book character, it&#8217;s very over the top, and I love it for being so bold. But it&#8217;s not what you&#8217;d call user-friendly, is it? In fact, it&#8217;s everything but that. Which means you can&#8217;t really use it, not when it tries to kill you at every corner. Don&#8217;t worry though, because there is a solution to this problem of satisfying your inner 5 year old as well as the petrolhead inside. And this solution is from MFT, and it&#8217;s called the Countach 560SV.

It&#8217;s stiffer, angrier and lighter than before. It has a new gearbox, an adjusted diff and now sends 560hp to the rear wheels. Its also got stickier tyres and fully adjustable suspension, and the difference is astonishing! What was a lardy, V12, Italian truck of a thing has been transformed into a proper supercar. The handling isn&#8217;t like that of a tank, in fact, it seems to have captured the brutality of being a super bull while being manageable and thrilling to drive right up to the limit and to be able to hold it there. Step over that limit though, and it&#8217;ll all over. Just like that. Backwards in a cloud of tyre smoke, normally only inches away from an armco. But it&#8217;s not discouraging, in fact, it&#8217;s addictive! You just want to go back for more, you want to piss it off as much as you can, you want to get it as sideways as it can possibly go. And if you can narrowly avoid being gored by its horns, well, that&#8217;s just an excuse to try even harder!

What MFT has done here is, from my point of view, not stop the bull from killing you, but turn the whole thing into a game. And the aim of this game is to hold the bull is as big a slide as you can without it bucking you off and into the gravel trap. It&#8217;s great fun, but it&#8217;s not the &#8216;sawing at the wheel/controller to keep the damn thing straight&#8217; issue you&#8217;d get with a Ruf. It&#8217;s not stressy. It&#8217;s just that this old bull doesn&#8217;t like to be manhandled, it wants to retire to the garage and gather dust. But just take it out, show it who&#8217;s boss (with respect, obviously), drive it to the very limit and you&#8217;ll never want to get out of it. Oh, and just so you know, it did a lap of 1:15.658, not what you&#8217;d call...slow. This, then, is what the Countach should have been. Looks great, goes fast, meet the new boss of the big bad bulls. The MFT Lamborghini Countach 560SV.

Lap Times- Top Gear Test Track
1:22.361 (before)
1:15.658 (after)

Last edited:
A question about Evora's color, is it photoshopped or it really has those stripes from the Riverside Gold Metallic (Chevrolet) ? Thanks.

Your latest Lamborghini tune - I'm confused. Is it a Contach (1988 version of the '74 Contach LP400), or a 560 (Gallardo), or a SV (SuperVeloce - Murciélago LP 670-4) . You gave the name as a Contach 560SV, and I see no car with that name. The picture is so dark that I can't tell which car it is.

Thanks.

Your latest Lamborghini tune - I'm confused. Is it a Contach (1988 version of the '74 Contach LP400), or a 560 (Gallardo), or a SV (SuperVeloce - Murciélago LP 670-4) . You gave the name as a Contach 560SV, and I see no car with that name. The picture is so dark that I can't tell which car it is.

Thanks.

It's a little bit of all the ones mentioned. It's based on a Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary, it has 560hp (hence 560), and seeing as Leonidae wrote in the descriptions that it's supposedly the swansong of the Countach, it was dubbed the 'SV', following Lamborghini tradition.

Thanks.

You went on about the same thing many months ago on my tuning thread (thats the quote below) and that picture isn't dark at all... How in any way does that car look like a Gallardo or a SuperVeloce I can clearly tell its a 25th Anniversary Contach by that picture... and by my picture you could tell what car it is!

For your "RVR 370RS Grip Tune" Tune, I don't know which car you chose. There is only one car with "Super Leggera" in the name, and that's the Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera, but yours is a 370something (there is no 370RS). There is a Nissan 370Z Tuned Car &#8216;08 - is that the one? If I ignore the 370, then it could be one of the no-numbered Fairlady Z's like the Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) &#8216;08. There's also a '02 and '07 version. Which car, please.

Thanks

End rant.

I'll just finish the "what car is it" problems with one thing right from the opening post.

Thanks for the review, Onboy, I'll answer it once I get back from work.

Thanks for the review, Onboy, I'll answer it once I get back from work.

Lol and here I was thinking the axe-wielding Finnish lunatic we knew as Leonidae has kicked the bucket after not responding for two or three days :lol:

Lol and here I was thinking the axe-wielding Finnish lunatic we knew as Leonidae has kicked the bucket after not responding for two or three days :lol:

News about my untimely demise have been greatly exaggerated. I was on vacation, even left my axe home.

Anyway, about the review: Thank you! It definitely is pleasant to read and everything seems to correspond with mine and The MFT Stig's opinions about the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back