RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Hey RKM! I know this has probably been asked lots of times already but how long does it take on average for you guys (and girls) to tune a car? Does any type of car take particularly longer?

There's no particular "type" of car that takes longer though some will. It depends how much work it takes to make the car right. Some will be done in <30 minutes, some will take days.

Rotary Junkie
There's no particular "type" of car that takes longer though some will. It depends how much work it takes to make the car right. Some will be done in <30 minutes, some will take days.

Also does tuning a car with it set at a really low ride height have any obvious advantages?

Also does tuning a car with it set at a really low ride height have any obvious advantages?

With FWD cars, traction.

With RWD cars that have more than adequate traction, braking and cornering speed.

With AWD, a combination of the above.

RWD cars with no traction? No advantage.

Sapphire! A girl! Surprised. I'm not sexist by the way lolz. I'm happy!

Okay sorry it's a bit offtopic and i'm like 20 years late.

Rotary Junkie
With FWD cars, traction.

With RWD cars that have more than adequate traction, braking and cornering speed.

With AWD, a combination of the above.

RWD cars with no traction? No advantage.

Tank you for the help. 👍

@Roj yes the taste! That's exactly why you don't foul them with ant obnoxious cream or sugar...at least if you really love your coffee and tea.:D:crazy:

I gave up with the twitchy tail happy thing, it was getting me really frustrated
Eeeeek! :nervous:
@Roj yes the taste! That's exactly why you don't foul them with ant obnoxious cream or sugar...at least if you really love your coffee and tea.:D:crazy:

Do not question my love of tea. :grumpy::dopey:

Well at least there's more sugar for me then if you don't take any. :D

For Tea lovers only!
tea_leoni3.jpg

Who needs cream or sugar?:D

RKM Motorsport's Superautobacs Apex MR-S

ApexMRS.jpg

ApexMRS_Big.jpg

Based on: Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 315 BHP (@ 1,134 miles with Rebuild)
Torque:---- 47.7 kgfm
Weight:---- 1125 kg
PP:-------- 531

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Hard Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/60

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.855
2nd:-- 2.027
3rd:-- 1.530
4th:-- 1.250
5th:-- 1.050
6th:-- 0.900
Final: 4.000
Max Speed: 162 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/10
Accel:-- 0/20
Braking: 0/10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -35/-35
Spring Rate: 12.5/14.0
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/6
Camber:----- 1.0/1.0
Toe:-------- -0.15/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/4

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Surprisingly fast and wonderfully agile, the Superautobacs MR-S is one bright blur on the horizon. Retaining all it's original equipment and only undergoing technical changes, this already fast little car get's even faster. Stability and traction are great, and although things get decidedly squiggly if you plant it out of second, it's otherwise got fantastic cornering too. It's like a rubber ball, you just throw it at things...it's also brightly coloured and is likely to put someone's eye out.

Please note that you may choose to fit a mid or high RPM turbo, but we ain't responsible for shredded tyres and bruised bumpers.

^ First person to answer our wishes. Part of it, but eh.

Dragonthing deserves more love than you two, RJ and Roj. :P

:lol: Roj and RJ call it the 'Kia Impreza'.

Anyway, I need Bunta/Roj again to tutor me on the secrets of TM. I'm hitting 1:35.05s with my 467PP Altezza, but I need to get moar from it!! Any helps? I know the gears thing, and I'm doing the "don't push it till the tyres are warm" thing as well, but I can't get it to do any better…… :(

Oh, by the way, I'm going to go make myself a Cup of Tii :D

Haha yeah, it really is a 'Kia Impreza'.

^ First person to answer our wishes. Part of it, but eh.

Dragonthing deserves more love than males.:P

Hey, don't condescend to the males. If we want to be condescended to, we can get it from out Girlfriends/Fiances/Wives. Also, she is a great tuner, but she will get equal love, or it isn't fair.

For Tea lovers only!

Who needs cream or sugar?:D
I take it you've never brought a can of whipped cream to the bedroom? :sly:
Hey, don't condescend to the males. If we want to be condescended to, we can get it from out Girlfriends/Fiances/Wives. Also, she is a great tuner, but she will get equal love, or it isn't fair.
Amen. :lol:
I like it but the only thing about it that I dislike is the fact that it's a hatchback - KONOE SUBARU, Y U NO MAKE THE IMPREZA A SEDAN?!
They did make a sedan version, but it looked even more like a Kia. :lol:

They did make a sedan version, but it looked even less like a Kia. 👍

Fixed. I liek the GVB. :P

Gonna go to bed nao, wtih my baby Subaru named Konoe. Not Kia. It's the hatchback that I named Kia :P Pet Subarus ftw.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO'S KONOE SUBARU OLOLOL never mind

I was wondering that as well! Good to know as I tried a few yellows with no luck. 👍 Could you add paint colours in the description per chance? :) I've got quite a few of the tunes set up, been running them today both on and offline. Favourite so far is your NSX, closely, very closely even, followed by the RX7.

Is there no way to cure the annoying tail happy thing going on with every car not FWD?

I was trying out the NSX-R LM and it was another car.
So I decided to try out the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary, and if the cornering speed is below 100kph, the car's tail will just step out with <40% throttle...

And the RX-7 feels unstable.

I don't know whether this crap happens in real life (definitely never seen it like this in real racing), but I don't like it.

Back