RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I was wondering that as well! Good to know as I tried a few yellows with no luck. đź‘Ť Could you add paint colours in the description per chance? :) I've got quite a few of the tunes set up, been running them today both on and offline. Favourite so far is your NSX, closely, very closely even, followed by the RX7.
It would be difficult to go through all our cars and add the paint colours, especially with cars we don't even own anymore. You can always ask anyway. And thank you! :D
Is there no way to cure the annoying tail happy thing going on with every car not FWD?

I was trying out the NSX-R LM and it was another car.
So I decided to try out the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary, and if the cornering speed is below 100kph, the car's tail will just step out with <40% throttle...

And the RX-7 feels unstable.

I don't know whether this crap happens in real life (definitely never seen it like this in real racing), but I don't like it.
Online or offline? NSX's are notorious for having a lot of oversteer online compared to offline. It's gotten better with Spec 2 but the differences are still there.

Online or offline? NSX's are notorious for having a lot of oversteer online compared to offline. It's gotten better with Spec 2 but the differences are still there.
It's online, but I've driven other NSXs online and it was never this bad...

It's online, but I've driven other NSXs online and it was never this bad...

Because my NSX was fully honed offline, with no regard for online performance. It drives fine with racing softs online though, funnily enough. I'll probably make an online version one day but honestly I almost never race online anyway so I'm still on the fence.

Is there no way to cure the annoying tail happy thing going on with every car not FWD?

I was trying out the NSX-R LM and it was another car.
So I decided to try out the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary, and if the cornering speed is below 100kph, the car's tail will just step out with <40% throttle...

And the RX-7 feels unstable.

I don't know whether this crap happens in real life (definitely never seen it like this in real racing), but I don't like it.

In real life not so much but the added power amplifies it somewhat. Having said that, I find the NSX awesome round the corners, even the NSX racing car in the original game was very tail happy though. :ouch: On sports softs I find it pretty good, just have to be gentle, same goes for the RX-7 which I find a fraction more prone to oversteer.

The R33 on the other hand, taking this thing round high speed corners I can't manage.

It would be difficult to go through all our cars and add the paint colours, especially with cars we don't even own anymore. You can always ask anyway. And thank you!

Figured it was work an ask, better that than sitting on the fence. :sly:

Online the NSX is very good, especially in 450pp races, slightly down on power compared to most but it more than makes up for it so! đź‘Ť

The R33 on the other hand, taking this thing round high speed corners I can't manage.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact I did everything I could to cure understeer in those same conditions offline? Oh, right, it does.

Rear springs need to be stiffer for online on it.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact I did everything I could to cure understeer in those same conditions offline? Oh, right, it does.

Rear springs need to be stiffer for online on it.

Like an automotive version of bamby on ice! Good job they've added more than one setup per car then. đź’ˇ I'll take a gander at it later, although i'm new to online, both racing and physics wise so. Thanks for the tip.

This is what makes it sound like you didn't do the gearing right. You should set to default (so final is at 4.300), then set the Max Speed slider to 112, then set the individual gear ratios and the final drive to 2.500. When all is said and done the top speed on the top right of the transmission setting screen should read 222mph I believe. Shift at redline except for the shift from 5th to 6th, which should happen at 150mph.

Ah, i've gone and set the transmission wrong!! I'll have to change it and edit my review.

You're not driving it hard enough! That or your version of fun involves race tires and 9001hp while never actually pushing the car to the limit.
Not correct sir! My definition of fun is barrelling along the Nurburgring on Sports softs. That or cruising the Wangan at 200+ mph in my Z32 or CTR.

You may want to check Konoe Kia again before making such fixes.

0808_03_z+2008_subaru_impreza_2_5i_sedan+rear_three_quarter_view.jpg

2011_Kia_Rio_rear_99.jpg

That ain't the Subaru I have. That one awfully looks like a Kia :yuck:

Toscana (Tarmac)_1 by yellomello88, on Flickr

The Sidewinder

As a Former LotS racer I wanted to get back into it again I tried several cars but I did not want to wander back to my R34 which has provided me some sucess in Pre Season 1. This car suits me well.

Looks
I love the looks of the Facelifted NSX I decided to go with a white car like the Spoon CR-Z which I think it looks great.

Peformance
On the touge it is a brilliant car it oversteers slightly which I like. With a bit more practice it will trump my R34 on The Southern Touge.

Overall this car is a brilliant car that serves it purpose as a car for the touge.

Ah, i've gone and set the transmission wrong!! I'll have to change it and edit my review.

Not correct sir! My definition of fun is barrelling along the Nurburgring on Sports softs. That or cruising the Wangan at 200+ mph in my Z32 or CTR.

Just gone back and looked at it, funny how much your tune changed with the proper gearing. :P

Quick note, that's roughly how all of my gearboxes are done; you set the "final 1" (in most but not all cases it's default), then the top speed slider, then final 2 and the individual gear ratios.

Toscana (Tarmac)_1 by yellomello88, on Flickr

The Sidewinder

As a Former LotS racer I wanted to get back into it again I tried several cars but I did not want to wander back to my R34 which has provided me some sucess in Pre Season 1. This car suits me well.

Looks
I love the looks of the Facelifted NSX I decided to go with a white car like the Spoon CR-Z which I think it looks great.

Peformance
On the touge it is a brilliant car it oversteers slightly which I like. With a bit more practice it will trump my R34 on The Southern Touge.

Overall this car is a brilliant car that serves it purpose as a car for the touge.

Glad it's got the approval of a former LotS racer! Thank you! :D

Ok my Lotus is destroying all at High Speed Ring and similar tracks, but I am struggling at Fuji, especially in Sector 2 and 3. Any general advice and hints for Fuji?

Vti, I found that the NSXs here are quite hard to control. They are fast but would bite me in the ass out of a sudden and I would spin. They are not as "predictable" as lets say an m3. Should I just give up because I suck as a driver and use a FR car?

Vti, I found that the NSXs here are quite hard to control. They are fast but would bite me in the ass out of a sudden and I would spin. They are not as "predictable" as lets say an m3. Should I just give up because I suck as a driver and use a FR car?

I'm going to start working on bringing my NSX Type R Zero up to Spec II useage probably later today and it should wind up being extremely predictable but also very fast.

Roj does most of his stuff offline with a bias towards fun, so yeah. Oversteer is fun.

NSX's are hard to drive online, but easy as hell offline. I guess you're driving online. I usually stick to FWD and 4WD online just because RWD gives me a headache unless I spend some time trying to dial out the oversteer, which in some cars just further worsens the headache. :ouch:
Roj, your pinkie Z is one is the easiest car that I have ever driven!

Thank you! :)

Oversteer is fun.

This. This this this.

Just tried Juliet for the first time in Spec 2 physics, and I think it's pretty much the same as I remember it. Still responsive steering, slidey on exit, very fast, very enjoyable, everything. I think I've noticed it gets a bit looser under braking now but the effects don't really affect the car for me. Consider it a job done already. đź‘Ť

Roj, could you work on the pinkie's gearbox a little? It can't keep up with other cars in the 550pp range.

Also, how does 8/6 bb sounds like for the CSL :D ?

Could I request a tune for a Honda NSX? I'm having a real hard time finding one, it seems that nobody wants to tune up one of these cars.

:P
:lol::lol: didn't expect that from you. You're just being sarcastic, right? It's in the OP, if you're not the actual racer<insertmanynumbershere>. đź‘Ť

Just tried Juliet for the first time in Spec 2 physics, and I think it's pretty much the same as I remember it. Still responsive steering, slidey on exit, very fast, very enjoyable, everything. I think I've noticed it gets a bit looser under braking now but the effects don't really affect the car for me. Consider it a job done already. đź‘Ť
I'd need to tighten her up (ooh la la) under braking then, I think.
Roj, could you work on the pinkie's gearbox a little? It can't keep up with other cars in the 550pp range.

Also, how does 8/6 bb sounds like for the CSL :D ?
I'm not sure there's anything to work on. She's just not that fast in a straight line unfortunately.

Sounds a bit overkill but if it suits you then go for it. đź‘Ť
Could I request a tune for a Honda NSX? I'm having a real hard time finding one, it seems that nobody wants to tune up one of these cars.

:P

What's a Honda NSX? :confused:

What's a Honda NSX? :confused:

Read...the thing in your avatar?! Do you remember?! [/fake desperate voice trying to fix from 'amnesia']

Anyway, the LFA GT is still pretty much the same as before, fast through the corners, and slidey out of them. Again, seemed a tiny little bit looser under braking but it hardly mattered since it doesn't get loose under braking for most corners anyway. đź‘Ť

I hope RKM releases it's Enzo GT when it is fixed. I have been crying myself to sleep without racing it.
No, we're going to fix it and not release it. Mwahahahaha! :sly:
Read...the thing in your avatar?! Do you remember?! [/fake desperate voice trying to fix from 'amnesia']

Anyway, the LFA GT is still pretty much the same as before, fast through the corners, and slidey out of them. Again, seemed a tiny little bit looser under braking but it hardly mattered since it doesn't get loose under braking for most corners anyway. đź‘Ť
What's an avatar? :confused:

Mhmm maybe it'll handle better after being fixed anyway.
Â…What's Honda?

Â…Â…don't get the joke guysÂ…please elaborate??

What's an Onboy? :confused:

:rolleyes:

PD fixed the R8 V10 it seems. The engine bay says V10 now instead of V8. Almost didn't realise until someone said it in a thread. :lol:

:D

It's good that the V10 finally gets the badge it deserves, it must have felt insulted, being degraded like that.

Anyway, Roj, will the IT350R be making a comeback? After all, as one of your favourite cars, I think it deserves a place in RKM Spec II.

Back